• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:13
CEST 00:13
KST 07:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8453 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 193

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 191 192 193 194 195 783 Next
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
February 10 2015 18:41 GMT
#3841
How does that work now? I am genuinely confused.
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
February 10 2015 19:57 GMT
#3842
On February 10 2015 23:27 Thieving Magpie wrote:
What I hate more than that are perpetual "sales" where things are "half off" all year round instead of just being labeled as normal price just to make people feel better about the purchase.


The other thing which gets me about sales, is that you realise just how badly you're getting ripped off at regular price.
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
February 10 2015 23:43 GMT
#3843
I'm trying to find out whether the TV series Xena: Warrior Princess was ever broadcast in Korea (even if only subtitled) and if so, how the titles of the individual episodes were translated. Unfortunately I don't speak a single word Korean. I've been trying to find info with Google translate but even the Wiki article has nothing.

I would really appreciate it if someone with gosu Korean skills could find a list of Korean XWP episode titles, or confirm that the show has never been translated to Korean.
not a community mapmaker
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
February 11 2015 14:42 GMT
#3844
[image loading]


WHY?
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
February 11 2015 14:46 GMT
#3845
Why not?
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
February 11 2015 14:46 GMT
#3846
On February 11 2015 08:43 And G wrote:
I'm trying to find out whether the TV series Xena: Warrior Princess was ever broadcast in Korea (even if only subtitled) and if so, how the titles of the individual episodes were translated. Unfortunately I don't speak a single word Korean. I've been trying to find info with Google translate but even the Wiki article has nothing.

I would really appreciate it if someone with gosu Korean skills could find a list of Korean XWP episode titles, or confirm that the show has never been translated to Korean.


I can't resist but ask: why on earth would you need to know that?
Dating thread on TL LUL
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
February 11 2015 17:54 GMT
#3847
On February 11 2015 23:46 SoSexy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2015 08:43 And G wrote:
I'm trying to find out whether the TV series Xena: Warrior Princess was ever broadcast in Korea (even if only subtitled) and if so, how the titles of the individual episodes were translated. Unfortunately I don't speak a single word Korean. I've been trying to find info with Google translate but even the Wiki article has nothing.

I would really appreciate it if someone with gosu Korean skills could find a list of Korean XWP episode titles, or confirm that the show has never been translated to Korean.

I can't resist but ask: why on earth would you need to know that?

I'm a SC2 mapmaker and I'm terrible at finding names for my maps so I always pick random XWP episode titles like Callisto, Legacy, Endgame, Crusader, and so on. For the Korean server I would like to have the map titles not translated literally but the way the XWP episodes were translated which I suspect may actually mean something entirely different.

I can't seem to get localized names to work in battle.net though, so until I can figure out how it works the issue is somewhat moot anyway.
not a community mapmaker
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
February 11 2015 18:24 GMT
#3848
On February 12 2015 02:54 And G wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2015 23:46 SoSexy wrote:
On February 11 2015 08:43 And G wrote:
I'm trying to find out whether the TV series Xena: Warrior Princess was ever broadcast in Korea (even if only subtitled) and if so, how the titles of the individual episodes were translated. Unfortunately I don't speak a single word Korean. I've been trying to find info with Google translate but even the Wiki article has nothing.

I would really appreciate it if someone with gosu Korean skills could find a list of Korean XWP episode titles, or confirm that the show has never been translated to Korean.

I can't resist but ask: why on earth would you need to know that?

I'm a SC2 mapmaker and I'm terrible at finding names for my maps so I always pick random XWP episode titles like Callisto, Legacy, Endgame, Crusader, and so on. For the Korean server I would like to have the map titles not translated literally but the way the XWP episodes were translated which I suspect may actually mean something entirely different.

I can't seem to get localized names to work in battle.net though, so until I can figure out how it works the issue is somewhat moot anyway.


You've just ruined the hilarity of your initial request with a sound and logical explanation that not only reveals something clever about your naming convention, but reveals a dedication and artistry to your craft. Way to ruin my fun.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
February 11 2015 18:32 GMT
#3849
On February 12 2015 03:24 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 02:54 And G wrote:
On February 11 2015 23:46 SoSexy wrote:
On February 11 2015 08:43 And G wrote:
I'm trying to find out whether the TV series Xena: Warrior Princess was ever broadcast in Korea (even if only subtitled) and if so, how the titles of the individual episodes were translated. Unfortunately I don't speak a single word Korean. I've been trying to find info with Google translate but even the Wiki article has nothing.

I would really appreciate it if someone with gosu Korean skills could find a list of Korean XWP episode titles, or confirm that the show has never been translated to Korean.

I can't resist but ask: why on earth would you need to know that?

I'm a SC2 mapmaker and I'm terrible at finding names for my maps so I always pick random XWP episode titles like Callisto, Legacy, Endgame, Crusader, and so on. For the Korean server I would like to have the map titles not translated literally but the way the XWP episodes were translated which I suspect may actually mean something entirely different.

I can't seem to get localized names to work in battle.net though, so until I can figure out how it works the issue is somewhat moot anyway.


You've just ruined the hilarity of your initial request with a sound and logical explanation that not only reveals something clever about your naming convention, but reveals a dedication and artistry to your craft. Way to ruin my fun.

That's why "why on earth would you need to know that?" is a stupid question

Here's my stupid question: Are there more bananas than apples on Earth, and if so, how many more?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-11 19:58:29
February 11 2015 19:50 GMT
#3850
On February 12 2015 03:32 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 03:24 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On February 12 2015 02:54 And G wrote:
On February 11 2015 23:46 SoSexy wrote:
On February 11 2015 08:43 And G wrote:
I'm trying to find out whether the TV series Xena: Warrior Princess was ever broadcast in Korea (even if only subtitled) and if so, how the titles of the individual episodes were translated. Unfortunately I don't speak a single word Korean. I've been trying to find info with Google translate but even the Wiki article has nothing.

I would really appreciate it if someone with gosu Korean skills could find a list of Korean XWP episode titles, or confirm that the show has never been translated to Korean.

I can't resist but ask: why on earth would you need to know that?

I'm a SC2 mapmaker and I'm terrible at finding names for my maps so I always pick random XWP episode titles like Callisto, Legacy, Endgame, Crusader, and so on. For the Korean server I would like to have the map titles not translated literally but the way the XWP episodes were translated which I suspect may actually mean something entirely different.

I can't seem to get localized names to work in battle.net though, so until I can figure out how it works the issue is somewhat moot anyway.


You've just ruined the hilarity of your initial request with a sound and logical explanation that not only reveals something clever about your naming convention, but reveals a dedication and artistry to your craft. Way to ruin my fun.

That's why "why on earth would you need to know that?" is a stupid question

Here's my stupid question: Are there more bananas than apples on Earth, and if so, how many more?


Going over Wikipedia to the FAO:
Banana: 101.992.743tons produced 2012
Apple: 76.378.738tons produced 2012

But Apples are more worth then Banana, so the Applemarket is slightly bigger then the Bananamarket.

Here you find more informations:

http://faostat.fao.org/site/339/default.aspx

And finally, if you do want to know the correct numbers, you have to go over the average weight of bananas and apples.
If we consider that the average Banana could be arround 115g. Apples begin with arround 150g, should be average over 200g and can be up to 250 for the economical used apples.

If we want to go on with little shenanigan maths, we say a banana weights 1/2 of an apple.
This will lead to the conclusion, that there are far more bananas then apples. And if you want, you can use then numbers given to find out how many of each have been on the world 2012.
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
February 12 2015 03:43 GMT
#3851
What's HDstarcraft up to these days?
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
February 12 2015 05:11 GMT
#3852
On February 12 2015 12:43 fruity. wrote:
What's HDstarcraft up to these days?

On the same subject Husky has been MIA aswell.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
miky_ardiente
Profile Joined May 2010
Mexico387 Posts
February 12 2015 05:41 GMT
#3853
so aparently drinking too much purified water actually dehydrates your body.
is this true ? supposely since purified water does not have the necessary minerals your body needs.

whats the best why to stay hydrated ?
My anaconda dont want none... u know the rest
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
February 12 2015 06:50 GMT
#3854
If your diet contains sufficient minerals you'll be fine drinking purified water (but why would you?). Drinking normal clean water is the best you can do. Drink enough, but not too much.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
February 12 2015 06:58 GMT
#3855
Sooo... Is abstinance-only education a thing in any other 1st world countries besides the US?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
February 12 2015 07:14 GMT
#3856
On February 12 2015 15:58 GreenHorizons wrote:
Sooo... Is abstinance-only education a thing in any other 1st world countries besides the US?

No.

Is it really a thing in the US? As in, actually implemented and practiced?
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Faraday
Profile Joined April 2009
United States553 Posts
February 12 2015 07:30 GMT
#3857
So how is South Korea? is it bleak and polluted or not?
what happened, happened...
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
February 12 2015 07:40 GMT
#3858
On February 12 2015 16:14 zatic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2015 15:58 GreenHorizons wrote:
Sooo... Is abstinance-only education a thing in any other 1st world countries besides the US?

No.

Is it really a thing in the US? As in, actually implemented and practiced?


Yeah in Utah it's actually illegal to teach about contraception at all in public schools. You also couldn't answer a question like "What is oral sex?"

Materials Review Committee that comply with state law and state board rules emphasizing abstinence before marriage and fidelity after marriage, and prohibiting instruction in:
(I) the intricacies of intercourse, sexual stimulation, or erotic behavior;


Source

Just a few images to put it in perspective:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
plgElwood
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany518 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-12 08:48:32
February 12 2015 08:48 GMT
#3859
Is USA's ongoing prudency and "war on sex " actually just a way to keep selling stuff by showing bouncy boobs in commercials and making everyone above 12 nursing a semi if the see black-widdow in spandex/leather so movies for kids still excite them ?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
February 12 2015 10:22 GMT
#3860
On February 12 2015 12:43 fruity. wrote:
What's HDstarcraft up to these days?

he plays poker now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1wbg5i/what_ever_happened_to_hdstarcraft/

Prev 1 191 192 193 194 195 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
ViBE54
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 188
Dewaltoss 81
Hyuk 62
Bale 14
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm105
League of Legends
Doublelift3944
Counter-Strike
Fnx 708
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King83
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5777
Khaldor784
Liquid`Hasu682
Other Games
summit1g7950
FrodaN2275
shahzam509
KnowMe312
C9.Mang0228
ArmadaUGS109
JimRising 109
UpATreeSC95
Trikslyr45
ZombieGrub43
PPMD37
CosmosSc2 23
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH345
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie889
• Shiphtur195
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 47m
Online Event
12h 47m
FEL
17h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.