• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:08
CEST 23:08
KST 06:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12972 users

Bash your own country - Page 47

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 Next All
BottleAbuser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)1888 Posts
September 27 2010 17:31 GMT
#921
South Korea:

Shitty, shitty ass software. I'm not exactly sure why, but I've heard a rumor that all of this shitty software everyone uses in Korea is due to the Korean government taking bribes from shitty software companies. One example is the fact that pretty much every single fucking web site that's more complicated than just serving up text and pictures requires IE. Want to post on the local Facebook? Need IE. Want to watch a video? Need IE. Internet banking? IE. Of course, IE is only required because it's the only dumbass browser that lets the user click "Install ActiveX control and let anyone who wants to rootkit my computer to do so". Since all the Korean sites require you to do this before offering any kind of functionality, it's taken for granted around here.

More shitty software: Ahnlab V3 Virus Protection. This shit rootkits your computer. It's impossible to get rid of. It's government sponsored, which means that any government site you go to will try to install it on your computer. (The site won't function if you don't allow it.) It's a resource-heavy program, is very poor at detecting malware, and you CAN'T GET RID OF IT.

I was going to add GameGuard to this list, but it doesn't belong. It's pretty much the same thing as Ahnlab, but it keeps people from running "cheat software" (as opposed to malware) while playing games, and the other difference is that it does its job effectively.

Hangeul. Not the alphabet; I love the alphabet's simplicity. Fuck the software. Since Korea got into this NIH mindset, of course they had to make their own shitty word processor. It sucks, it's closed, and it's government sponsored. My school is a national school, which means every official document from my school (and from any other government organization) is released in this hangeul file format. Want to read your homework? Pay up.

Okay, enough with the software. Spitting. Koreans love to spit. All ages, both genders, any time, any place. Pass 20 people on the street, chances are you saw someone turn his head and spit on the sidewalk. Not in the bushes that line the road, he just turned his head enough that he isn't spitting on his own shoe. I worked at a bar for about a year. We give out these little glass cups filled with coffee grinds for ashtrays. They come back half the time filled to the brim with someone's gob. I think what needs to happen is that Korea has to discover spittoons, use them for about a century, and figure out that spitting is really actually gross, and stop.

Phones. I have multiple friends, as well as my mom, who spend almost $100/month on their cell phone plans. If you go and look up what the $80/month plan offers, it's something like 20,000 SMS messages and 1,000 minutes of phone conversation. Okay, they're not getting ripped off there more than usual, but who the fuck uses his phone that much? 20k SMS messages per month is like 600 per day. You can't send that many unless you aren't doing anything else, and how are you going to fill the 20 hours of voice calls you got left? Then these people complain that they don't have enough time to do what they want, or money to buy what they want.
Compilers are like boyfriends, you miss a period and they go crazy on you.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-27 18:26:42
September 27 2010 18:21 GMT
#922
                              ^
                              |
                              |
A lot of people I know are laid off and unemployed, including me.
The money I get from the Gov't barely doesn't even cover my rent and bills (my dues are like $625), The only way I am surviving is because I sold my car to my mom who pays me 100$ every month for it, and she brings over food and shit for me which really isn't even enough, I eat like 1-2 small meals a day.

I went into Social Services and it literally took like 10 hours (first one in, last one out) and then I got EBT for 1 month and then they canceled it because of some class I had to go to or something I wasn't aware of.

On top of that, I got a suspended license last year because I got a fix it ticket (expired registration, which I did fix) that I didn't go to court for. When I finally went there they told me I had to pay 960$ in 3 months or do some slave labor camp for 300+ hours plus pay 40$ in fees and 160$ to the court still.

I've got no job, no car, no money, and my gf is on the verge of dumping me because we never do anything because all of the above.


If I lived on the streets, I would probably be better off.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
September 27 2010 18:56 GMT
#923
On September 28 2010 03:21 CharlieMurphy wrote:
                              ^
                              |
                              |
A lot of people I know are laid off and unemployed, including me.
The money I get from the Gov't barely doesn't even cover my rent and bills (my dues are like $625), The only way I am surviving is because I sold my car to my mom who pays me 100$ every month for it, and she brings over food and shit for me which really isn't even enough, I eat like 1-2 small meals a day.

I went into Social Services and it literally took like 10 hours (first one in, last one out) and then I got EBT for 1 month and then they canceled it because of some class I had to go to or something I wasn't aware of.

On top of that, I got a suspended license last year because I got a fix it ticket (expired registration, which I did fix) that I didn't go to court for. When I finally went there they told me I had to pay 960$ in 3 months or do some slave labor camp for 300+ hours plus pay 40$ in fees and 160$ to the court still.

I've got no job, no car, no money, and my gf is on the verge of dumping me because we never do anything because all of the above.


If I lived on the streets, I would probably be better off.


Yeah and everybody in America is fat too.

Wait, what was this thread about?

Oh yeah, and everybody in America has an uninformed opinion about EVERYTHING. In fact, it seems like the less educated Americans are, the more opinions they have. Most of it stems from the horrible media that I've never really watched more than clips of on youtube.

Every American politician spews some generic non-arguable bullshit that doesn't actually have any content what-so-ever because anything that might be labeled objectionable will instantly be blown out of proportion by the opposing party, which will the circulate on the media outlets for a few days until all the num-nuts who watch that crap are saturated with bullshit.

Even now the political parties here in America have somehow found a way to take the non-objectionable, generic, content-less speech by the other party and turn it over on it's head until it hits a soft spot with some demographic that will then suddenly form a favorable opinion about it for said party.

I think most people should keep their damn opinions to themselves. Sure, you can vote. Good for you. That doesn't mean you're right about everything.

Sorry CM I don't know why I quoted you. lol
good vibes only
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
September 27 2010 18:57 GMT
#924
Wow this thread shows eactly what i hate about Germany:

All the Germans who got everything compared to other Nations, but still think Germany totally sucks.
Masamune
Profile Joined January 2007
Canada3401 Posts
September 27 2010 19:12 GMT
#925
^ What's so wrong about that? Maybe they exagerate things a little, but there's always room to improve no matter where you live and constructive criticism should always be welcomed.

I really do believe that Canada is one of the top 5 places in the world to live in, but there are still things that we can change or improve upon as well.

I think the biggest problem is when someone sees no flaws in their country because that just stagnates growth.
Endorsed
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands1221 Posts
September 27 2010 19:32 GMT
#926
Whilst the Dutch had the good name of the most tolerant country in the world and probably thank most of our wealth to it. We are currently very intolerant against foreigners.
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-27 19:52:22
September 27 2010 19:47 GMT
#927
Our Nazis have more then 5 % in some parts of the country and the gov is not doing anything about it. Sad, because we would have history as a banhammer argument.

Edit : More then 5% means they get to be part of the Parliament in that region.
This is our town, scrub
e4e5nf3
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada599 Posts
September 27 2010 19:47 GMT
#928
My background is Filipino but was raised mostly in Canada. My gripes with the Philippines having lived there for a few years and visiting from time to time:

- The Philippines have an infatuation with interjecting whole english sentences into their conversations. Some people don't mind, but it drives me nuts sometimes. Of course, other countries are like this, India for example.

- traffic. Okay, I haven't been back to Manila in a few years. Do they still manage to fit 8 lanes of traffic in a 4 lane road?

- Skin lightening products. I thought this was a joke but having seen them myself I can honestly say they really exist. Can you imagine have commercials aired that advertise having whiter skin is beautiful? It's interesting to note that 98% of all filipino celebrities are of the lighter skinned faction. The closer you are to chinese/korean/japanese complexion the more beautiful you are. Meanwhile the general population is nowhere near that light-skinned. And when darker skinned filipinos are in movies or tv shows they are generally either the hired help, a villian, or comedy relief. Google something like "filipino celebrities" or "sexiest filipinos" and see if you can find more than 3 images of dark skinned filipinos in the first 20 pages.



King takes Queen
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-28 15:53:42
September 28 2010 13:08 GMT
#929
The U.S.A. sucks because :

We overshoot our needs.

---------------
---------------

Americans eat too much! And they eat shit for most the of day! (Sugar, salts, and fats = no nutrition!)

We are more concerned about how we look then how we act! BMWs and thugs anyone?!

It's overloaded with commercialism, overzealous consumerism and lacks basic food for it's people. There's a lack of common marketplaces with vegetables, fruits, fresh chicken and beef, eggs, nuts, and herbs.

The majority needs vehicles, and this is sickening when we cannot make a decent one here.

You cannot farm the land...without inevitably becoming a large scale operation for distribution.

There is no labor party for people without higher educations.

We cannot admit we have a flexible but readily apparent social class system. Sectarian and transformative, but yet unfavorably cruel to the recent immigrants or impoverished.

(Central Minnesota, has a larger % population of East Africans especially Somalians because of our welfare system then other states in the Midwest or U.S.A.and yet a lot of these people find many woes & throes in the economic ladder and their social upbringing.)

Most of our time as citizens is wasted on trivial information (celebrities, fundamental whining in politics, the Fox news propaganda war, research in erection science) that cannot help us further our lives.

Large banks ruin our capitalistic entreprise...betting against the market with retirees pensions to make money for the very rich...short sellers...ponzi schemers...golden parachutes for failed institutions and their CEOS...the American concept of progress is reaching skyward on a pile of debt...

Many people cannot fully express themselves in English.

They're too many distractions here!
(Television, gaming {retro, next-gens, PC}, hobbies, extra-curricular sports, golf..., hollywood cinema, gambling, car modification, body modification, our news in general is wasted breath...social drinking/smoking, self-prescription, ATV'ing, snowmobiling, Nascar, fishing-hunting[borderline], snowboarding, skiing, wake boarding, jet skiing, aviation, fashion, hyper sexuality, home improvement, animal competitions, hip-hop/metal/indie culture, home gardening, DIY kitsch shits and whirlibops for the WHOLE FUCKING FAMILY TO HATE!

People abuse prescription medications and most Americans are overprescribed because they're unable to maintain preventive care to their physical, mental and spiritual health.

The majority is :
Confused
Overweight
Lazy or apathetic due to drug use, cheap entertainment, lack of preparation needed to survive.

Tense
Insensitive about their body-image, or has little self-respect for their mind/body/spirit.

Uneducated and overwhelmed with debt!
Unaware about our political process and it's oligarchical control over our "free press."

Forced into education "machines" designed to conform everyone to the lowest "common denominator" and eliminate the pursuit of self-governed states, cities, and counties.
-----------
We over-govern our states with federal laws. We don't have hard money any more, we just print more paper money and transfer the concept over... We attack the world and pillage what we can...
We support corrupt governments if they grant favors to us... We don't give a fuck about cyberspace or outer-space collectively as a nation anymore...

We overshoot our goals in the service industry... you can complain and whine everywhere now!
We use bpo's (business process outsourcing) to fuck over our U.S.A.-made- competitors, and then take advantage of the federal government whenever we can...

We cannot believe our banks did so bad...and we cannot let them fail. (common sense anyone?!)

Our popular music sucks now-a-days...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're American, I don't vote. So don't bullshit with me about Obama or the Bush legacy. I don't have the "right to complain" about their administrations specifically, and I don't care anymore.
-----------------------------

It is a Guilded Age in the U.S.A... and the rich 1% are distracting/confusing us to death!

Support your esport!
RickOrShay
Profile Joined August 2010
New Zealand132 Posts
September 28 2010 13:33 GMT
#930
[image loading]

best slogan we can come up with.
scDeluX
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada1341 Posts
September 28 2010 13:42 GMT
#931
Its so fucking cold in canada ;(
Brood War is forever
holydog
Profile Joined September 2010
131 Posts
September 28 2010 14:02 GMT
#932
We are running out of water.
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
September 28 2010 15:56 GMT
#933
The American southwest is running out water from the Colorado River too. California is going bankrupt. Enron ffs! People have too many possessions to manage from day to day...
Support your esport!
georgir
Profile Joined May 2009
Bulgaria253 Posts
September 28 2010 16:27 GMT
#934
Bulgaria is not even existing according to a lot of companies.

Microsoft is a good example, the Xbox 360 does sell here but once you start it up and have to select your locale, there is no "Bulgaria" option at all. You have to pretend that you're from Britain or something.

You can not buy Microsoft points or Live Gold subscription with a credit card that has its billing address in Bulgaria on the official x-box site, so your only legit option remains the comparatively more expensive cards sold at retail shops.

You can not buy a Zune HD here at all.

Turns out that you can actually buy a Microsoft Technet subscription if you dig deep enough in the help section and find the correct URL, but the button that's supposed to be the simple and obvious way for this on the technet frontpage does not work for Bulgaria. Also, once you find the correct URL, the base prices are higher than in USA or other places even for the digital-only version, which should not really depend on your location. And the coupon codes and discounts that are almost always running for USA are not valid here.

Apple, Dell and many other tech companies are like this also, their products are either impossible to find here, or they are at much inflated prices compared to the real world. I don't mean just the retarded 1 dollar -> 1 euro conversion that's valid for a lot of American goods in the EU, but even greater prices than that.
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
October 01 2010 07:46 GMT
#935
In italy only one out of 7 italians is not related to their employer. This means that most jobs are given based on family relationships between people, curricula basically don't mean shit.

Italians consider Poland a 3rd world country, but our internet connections are worse than theirs.

Amazon does not exist in Italy, neither do starbucks, dunkin donuts, honey dew, cupcakes (whenever I think about them I feel like a heroin addict on abstinence) or any foreign fast food or restaurant franchises besides mcdonald's and burger king.

You are not allowed to eat non-light food products. Actually scratch that, THEY DON'T EVEN FUCKING EXIST.
The needed calories intake an Italian ingests comes from flour or milk-based products, in northern italy (where the 3rd most popular element of italian cuisine, tomato, is less used) one out of 4 women will statistically develop breast cancer, which scientists are currently linking to milk-based products.
Celiac disease in northern Italy is spreading like salmonella in a tray of mayo left in the open. In case you don't know what that means it makes people intolerant to pasta and flour-based alimentary products.

The italian standards when approaching subjects like sex, pornography, racism and gaming are exactly like they were in the US 40 years ago.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 07:57:10
October 01 2010 07:55 GMT
#936
Our Education system is in major need of reform but since were broke there's nothing we can do.

We have massive debt.

No high-speed rail.

Our infrastructure is also in need of major revamping.

Only two major political parties. Both corrupt.

Climbing tuition costs.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Apexplayer
Profile Joined September 2009
United States406 Posts
October 01 2010 08:11 GMT
#937
I just bought 6 doughnuts from Krispy Kreme, it's all I will need and I can enjoy it over the weekend. Im about to pay and the lady says "For another dollar you can get six more." I stand there, looking at her, knowing there is no way I need twelve doughnuts, and say "Fine" as I wave my hand.

God I hate America.
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
October 01 2010 08:17 GMT
#938
On October 01 2010 17:11 Apexplayer wrote:
I just bought 6 doughnuts from Krispy Kreme, it's all I will need and I can enjoy it over the weekend. Im about to pay and the lady says "For another dollar you can get six more." I stand there, looking at her, knowing there is no way I need twelve doughnuts, and say "Fine" as I wave my hand.

God I hate America.

How the fuck can you not eat 12 donuts. Srsly, try living having to eat the classic ones, fried and covered in sugar, except that they are pre-made and frozen, and are miniature sized because of fucking "health concerns". And they cost 3 times as much. And glazing does not exist in Italy. It is fucking illegal to glaze anything and sell it.
polarwolf
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
924 Posts
October 01 2010 08:33 GMT
#939
On September 28 2010 04:47 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
Our Nazis have more then 5 % in some parts of the country and the gov is not doing anything about it. Sad, because we would have history as a banhammer argument.

Edit : More then 5% means they get to be part of the Parliament in that region.


I hate nazi scumfucks, but what you wrote makes no sense at all. The banhammer argument is just plain stupid because it bans discussions with the argument of political correctness that must be made.
"We might have some problems with turkish people (high criminality rates, high unemployment and social costs)" BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMM - you are not allowed to say that because we have all seen what happened in this country because of racism.
Ordained
Profile Joined June 2010
United States779 Posts
October 01 2010 08:53 GMT
#940
Fuck McDonalds and fast food.
"You are not trying to win, you are trying to be awesome" -Day[9]
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O157
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17444
Calm 1999
Shuttle 330
White-Ra 231
Mini 181
ZZZero.O 157
firebathero 74
soO 12
Sacsri 4
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1521
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5198
Liquid`Hasu76
Other Games
summit1g7284
FrodaN2233
Liquid`RaSZi2224
fl0m1305
crisheroes300
Pyrionflax211
Livibee199
IndyStarCraft 197
ToD156
Mew2King59
C9.Mang03
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick960
BasetradeTV249
StarCraft 2
angryscii 25
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 26
• musti20045 11
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki42
• blackmanpl 32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1396
• Shiphtur688
• WagamamaTV331
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 52m
Replay Cast
1h 52m
OSC
14h 52m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.