• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:28
CEST 10:28
KST 17:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8502 users

Tryhard gamertags - Page 9

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 21 Next All
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
May 28 2011 22:35 GMT
#161
I wish XBL allowed longer names. Then I could troll kids as "xXx iTz MLG 4shotlolwutxXx"
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
HellRoxYa
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden1614 Posts
May 28 2011 22:35 GMT
#162
On May 29 2011 03:41 RobbybabyDTF wrote:
"Aocowns" - sounds pretty tryhard to me!


Sounds like Age of Chivalry owns. And if so, that's completely true.
Tweleve
Profile Joined March 2011
United States644 Posts
May 28 2011 22:36 GMT
#163
On May 29 2011 07:24 Beefwipe wrote:
DIRKDIGGLER


Oh come on now, that's the opposite of Tryhard
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
yeastiality
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada374 Posts
May 28 2011 22:36 GMT
#164
Well there's my name for one.

I'm a big fan of the ironic ones though...like the other day I laddered against some terran player named TheUnderdog
hpty603
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States262 Posts
May 28 2011 22:38 GMT
#165
MyLittlePwny
I only play 2v2 to see how much of the map I can turn purple ~ Jinro
Pjj
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands37 Posts
May 28 2011 22:40 GMT
#166
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 29 2011 03:45 Flanlord wrote:
I'm surprised there was no mention of "Ninja" "Shadow" "Dragon" or "Killer" in your OP.

Although to be honest I don't have much room to mock the gamertags of others... Flanlord may be nice for originality in that it has yet to ever be taken in any game I've played, but it doesn't really get much for creativity... or making sense.

I wanted to swap to Fractalligator after a few Day[9] dailies, but there are just too many websites and games to change my tag on now. I am stuck.

I always liked the WoW names where it would be very spec/build specific, and a couple weeks after making that character they weren't playing that spec/build. (Shadow priest named Bubblznthings, the Holy paladin named Retforlife etc.)

I think xXShadowXNinjaXx was pretty up there though... I was more shocked to actually see it outside of a joke about gamers than anything... looking back I wonder if it was a joke.



There were some really cool WoW nick names though, such as Benafflock, Oprahwindfury, Harrrydotter or a tauren called Hasselhoof.
Moosey
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States186 Posts
May 28 2011 22:43 GMT
#167
LrDKoRn04.Sur
KoKoRo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States186 Posts
May 28 2011 22:52 GMT
#168
KoKoRo seems pretty Tryhard to me.
When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.
Slunk
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany768 Posts
May 28 2011 22:54 GMT
#169
On May 29 2011 07:22 KillerPenguin wrote:
SlayerS_'Boxer' is pretty try hard. How didn't I see this one mentioned? Some of them I think are kinda funny, the people with 420, 1337, or 1234 at the end are definitely at the bottom of that list.


What is so special about 420?

MyLittlePwny

This is actually kinda funny when you see it for the first time.


How about pointing out some really tryhard or bad progamer names?
As a german I am kinda ashamed to have out players named DarKFoRcE or NarutO. I can understand this kinda thing if you are korean, but as an english speaker? Really?
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
May 28 2011 22:58 GMT
#170
[QUOTE]On May 29 2011 07:54 Slunk wrote:
[QUOTE]On May 29 2011 07:22 KillerPenguin wrote:
SlayerS_'Boxer' is pretty try hard. How didn't I see this one mentioned? Some of them I think are kinda funny, the people with 420, 1337, or 1234 at the end are definitely at the bottom of that list.[/QUOTE]

What is so special about 420?

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)[/url]
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
d.o.c
Profile Joined August 2010
United States49 Posts
May 28 2011 22:59 GMT
#171
default_string
jlim
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Spain943 Posts
May 28 2011 23:00 GMT
#172
On May 29 2011 07:54 Slunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 07:22 KillerPenguin wrote:
SlayerS_'Boxer' is pretty try hard. How didn't I see this one mentioned? Some of them I think are kinda funny, the people with 420, 1337, or 1234 at the end are definitely at the bottom of that list.


What is so special about 420?


https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=420

the first entry will suffice
Moobla
Profile Joined May 2011
United States186 Posts
May 28 2011 23:02 GMT
#173
I play cs:s... so I see a lot of: _

_>

-

^

almost always at the end of usernames. Dumb lines basically because their names don't look cool enough.

I see "take notes" sometimes too, its just sad lol.
"If you aren't attacking, you are probably losing." -QXC
goldenwitch
Profile Joined August 2010
United States338 Posts
May 28 2011 23:04 GMT
#174
51l3nt0wn4g.
This kid was probably the most annoying person I have ever interacted with.
iAsian
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada68 Posts
May 28 2011 23:07 GMT
#175
oikingkongxx
Angryhorse
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden387 Posts
May 28 2011 23:08 GMT
#176
oh shit ahah, rememberd when D2 (the original) was released and me and my friend namned our barbarian and paladin xXxMaDofWar and xHellSpawNx.. aw and my warcraft 3 bnet account was swe_hunter.. them good ol' times
Don't cry blood, the world doesn't revolve around you
Mentalizor
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 23:11:13
May 28 2011 23:09 GMT
#177
On May 29 2011 07:40 Pjj wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 29 2011 03:45 Flanlord wrote:
I'm surprised there was no mention of "Ninja" "Shadow" "Dragon" or "Killer" in your OP.

Although to be honest I don't have much room to mock the gamertags of others... Flanlord may be nice for originality in that it has yet to ever be taken in any game I've played, but it doesn't really get much for creativity... or making sense.

I wanted to swap to Fractalligator after a few Day[9] dailies, but there are just too many websites and games to change my tag on now. I am stuck.

I always liked the WoW names where it would be very spec/build specific, and a couple weeks after making that character they weren't playing that spec/build. (Shadow priest named Bubblznthings, the Holy paladin named Retforlife etc.)

I think xXShadowXNinjaXx was pretty up there though... I was more shocked to actually see it outside of a joke about gamers than anything... looking back I wonder if it was a joke.



There were some really cool WoW nick names though, such as Benafflock, Oprahwindfury, Harrrydotter or a tauren called Hasselhoof.


Names I remember from WoW (some even were my RL friends):

GagsTheMan
JonnyTwoHats
MageHunter (was a rogue in vanilla I pvp'ed with)
OldGreg
ManKiller
InFlame
Arthas ... dayamn... most tryhard name in WoW, I guess
((one kindda funny though, was my troll friend going into blizz's rules where it clearly says, you cannot call yourself stuff like Neo2000 ... Then he names his character Neototusind (Neo2000 spelled out in danish... Every time he needed a name he went into the threat about banned named. Also made PovlPimp, Nuclearatron and simular names))

I never really loved those names, where you just smack words (or even sentences) together to form a name... And yeah, Killer, Shadow, Dark, Satan, Ninja and random xXx shouldn't even be allowed to have in your nick...

As mentioned earlier in the thread...

IMMVP and TheBestfOu are pretty damn tryhards
(yಠ,ಠ)y - Y U NO ALL IN? - rtsAlaran: " I somehow sit inside the bus.Hot_Bit giving me a massage"
MeteorMash
Profile Joined April 2010
United States54 Posts
May 28 2011 23:14 GMT
#178
this is a "why starcraft players are better than other gamers" thread... and i approve <3
The only STD I'm ever going to get is carpal tunnel syndrome.
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
May 28 2011 23:17 GMT
#179
on us east there was a guy named IM_IMHOTEP that played like 10000 bgh 1;1 games. that sounds pretty try hard to me
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
Tachyon
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark146 Posts
May 28 2011 23:17 GMT
#180
DragonSlayer99 is a classic
I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 535
Larva 90
Hyun 51
Killer 46
NotJumperer 38
scan(afreeca) 35
Bale 33
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Hm[arnc] 13
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto121
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
edward96
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Other Games
summit1g7066
olofmeister852
Coldzera 708
ceh9588
Happy211
Sick156
crisheroes119
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick564
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos992
• Stunt356
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 32m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.