• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:33
CEST 09:33
KST 16:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10693 users

Sc2 and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu!

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
EndOfLineTv
Profile Joined February 2011
United States741 Posts
May 03 2011 01:43 GMT
#1

I heard on NASL from gretorp that he studies BJJ? (maybe he'll stumble upon this thread and tell me) but, I heard he sparred EGmachine? if so Im guess Machine does it too. I think I also Heard that Mr.Bitters also does BJJ.

Anyway this gave me the idea to ask TL: who else does martial arts here? Who competes in it?

I personally have been competing in BJJ for the last 4 years. I also had the "interesting" experience to bounce at a local bar when I was going to Maryland UMD, where I got to use most of it in real life situations.
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
May 03 2011 01:46 GMT
#2
I've been doing muay thai for about 3 years and bjj for about the same length.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
Alokiya
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States648 Posts
May 03 2011 01:47 GMT
#3
I used to train BJJ a few years back, hurt my ankle and the gym quickly was overrun with a bunch of high school kids who only cared about being hardasses, wasn't fun anymore

I do know that QXC also does BJJ, and I think Moonglade once said he boxes regularly, but I don't know about other pros.
C'mon my guppies, swim up my stream! - Day[9]
DeltruS
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2214 Posts
May 03 2011 01:47 GMT
#4
I heard QXC had his own BJJ club in Harvey Mudd before he went to Spain.
http://grooveshark.com/#/deltrus/music
EndOfLineTv
Profile Joined February 2011
United States741 Posts
May 03 2011 01:53 GMT
#5
Wow, Im happy to see that many people are doing BJJ as well as other arts.

That is really cool if QXC has a club!

panN, does that mean you are a blue belt yet?
TzaTzers
Profile Joined April 2009
United States589 Posts
May 03 2011 01:57 GMT
#6
Umm Ive always been interested in martial arts but cant really do it because of time and money.
I wrestled in high school and did bjj in my first year of college (recreational).
Really wish i could do more but most decent gyms are pretty expensive
"Why did the colossus fall over? because he was imbalanced..."
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 02:13:55
May 03 2011 02:13 GMT
#7
On May 03 2011 10:53 EndOfLine wrote:
Wow, Im happy to see that many people are doing BJJ as well as other arts.

That is really cool if QXC has a club!

panN, does that mean you are a blue belt yet?


I've had four different teachers total, unfortunately I don't. I'm absolutely positive I'm at that level as I get to roll with them often, but oh well, hopefully soon.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
May 03 2011 02:16 GMT
#8
I live in Brazil and never heard anyone referring it as Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. lol
Always thought it was just called Jiu Jitsu. I even googled BJJ to make sure. :p
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
SweetAs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
New Zealand290 Posts
May 03 2011 02:55 GMT
#9
Boxing woot
CJ.sAviOr : oGsjookTo : mTwDIMAGA
nbMifu
Profile Joined January 2010
Brazil170 Posts
May 03 2011 03:03 GMT
#10
I trained Kung Fu for 3 years and last month I started training BJJ with coach Fabio Gurgel, here in Sao Paulo. It is going pretty well, but I wish my job gave me more time to practice.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
May 03 2011 03:05 GMT
#11
no gi bjj.

I haven't been actively training recently however, I'm looking forward to getting back into it shortly.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
EndOfLineTv
Profile Joined February 2011
United States741 Posts
May 03 2011 04:58 GMT
#12
On May 03 2011 11:13 PanN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2011 10:53 EndOfLine wrote:
Wow, Im happy to see that many people are doing BJJ as well as other arts.

That is really cool if QXC has a club!

panN, does that mean you are a blue belt yet?


I've had four different teachers total, unfortunately I don't. I'm absolutely positive I'm at that level as I get to roll with them often, but oh well, hopefully soon.


:D


little be little buddy. maybe soon Ill get my grape belt :D
vol_
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1608 Posts
May 03 2011 05:02 GMT
#13
On May 03 2011 11:16 Hoon wrote:
I live in Brazil and never heard anyone referring it as Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. lol
Always thought it was just called Jiu Jitsu. I even googled BJJ to make sure. :p

What about Brazil nuts? lol
Jaedong gives me a deep resonance.
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
May 03 2011 05:29 GMT
#14
I don't do martial arts anymore but I did 4 years of tae kwon do, 2 years of kung fu, and a measly 6 months of krav maga.
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
May 03 2011 05:36 GMT
#15
ONERumcake is an actual MMA fighter. He does it all!
Wishing you well.
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
May 03 2011 05:48 GMT
#16
I did some martial arts when I was very young I'd like to get back into it but I'm always skeptical when I see random places set up in random sheet metal buildings. Anyone have any advice on finding good places to learn? I am interested in Muay Thai.
EndOfLineTv
Profile Joined February 2011
United States741 Posts
May 03 2011 17:48 GMT
#17
On May 03 2011 14:48 Azerbaijan wrote:
I did some martial arts when I was very young I'd like to get back into it but I'm always skeptical when I see random places set up in random sheet metal buildings. Anyone have any advice on finding good places to learn? I am interested in Muay Thai.



Yes, first find out the type of martial arts you want to do and for what reason(s)

Then find a MMA, or that martial art forum online. Then ask them. Usually they will direct you to a good one, and because you know some of the members already online from the forum, you will be welcomed warmly.
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3700 Posts
May 03 2011 17:52 GMT
#18
Search = "BJJ"
Probably your best bet (instead of yet another thread), ~those guys~ seem to enjoy rolling around on the floor, grappling and wrapping their legs around other, sweaty, men ^^
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
opsayo
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
591 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 17:53:21
May 03 2011 17:52 GMT
#19
ive done jiu jitsu for 4-5 years

there was a local tournament last month and i took gold in gi and silver in no-gi

i flying armbarred to win my final match for the gi

i am still a blue belt cause i took a year off due to injury right before i was supposed to get my purple and am only now getting it back

i wrestled and did judo for two years in high school
-Ziggy-
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden97 Posts
May 03 2011 17:56 GMT
#20
I'm a competitive thumb wrestler.
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 942
ggaemo 457
Stork 323
Leta 242
Larva 166
PianO 106
Hyuk 30
ZergMaN 29
yabsab 19
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
League of Legends
JimRising 440
Reynor100
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King202
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor819
Other Games
summit1g10178
C9.Mang0251
Sick179
PiGStarcraft138
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick638
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream181
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Lourlo1296
• Stunt548
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 27m
Online Event
3h 27m
FEL
8h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.