• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:00
CEST 04:00
KST 11:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)23Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9352 users

Beer Appreciation Thread - Page 22

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 32 Next All
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
December 07 2012 04:22 GMT
#421
On December 07 2012 06:12 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 18:30 Troxle wrote:
I enjoy a good beer, but to me that's a really dark one. Yeungling Black & Tan and Guinness are my favorites. Any recommendations that are similar/better?

Yuengling Black & Tan is a fantastic beer my good man! Guess you are on the East Coast. Yuengling is one of the things I miss most about living in PA. Can't get that stuff out here in Cali.


I'm a lady with good tastes, what can I say? My Aunt says the same as you though. She lives in Colorado and can't get it out there either (kind of depressin'), but I guess the reverse is, I can only have Coors Extra Gold when I go to see her or my grandparents because they don't ship it out anymore!
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
Mantwan
Profile Joined March 2010
United States7 Posts
December 07 2012 04:28 GMT
#422
My favorite beer is a local micro IPA from Black Raven called Trickster. It's a clear, clean, bitter IPA. Not sweet or too alcoholic like some IPAs (it's about 6.8%). Awesome stuff. Unfortunately they don't bottle it, so visit Seattle or Redmond.
Grimmyman123
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada939 Posts
December 07 2012 04:38 GMT
#423
I recently brewed my own home beer.

It was a pilsner, and after some recipe modifications, it has the desired effect.

Really Happy Glow: 4 Molson Canadians.
Really Happy Glow; 1.5 Home brews.

Talk about bang for your buck.
Win. That's all that matters. Win. Nobody likes to lose.
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-07 05:09:32
December 07 2012 05:08 GMT
#424
On December 07 2012 07:45 yakitate304 wrote:
[image loading]


I saw this at a grocery store today but didn't buy it... I'm kind of regretting it now.


You should. This beer is so goddamn good it's retarded.

Stoked to hear about some homebrewers here. The keg we just kicked was a Kate The Great clone, which is an imperial stout treated with port-soaked oak cubes and let sit for 8 months. Came out at about 14% and was drinking pretty rad. Super viscous mouthfeel and left the tulip glass with brown syrup-like lacing.

This thread is awesome. If any of you craftbeer nerds are interested, I Instagram almost exclusively about beer.

http://instagram.com/phacebook
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
Fyodor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada971 Posts
December 07 2012 05:25 GMT
#425
On December 07 2012 14:08 Quesadilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 07:45 yakitate304 wrote:
[image loading]


I saw this at a grocery store today but didn't buy it... I'm kind of regretting it now.


You should. This beer is so goddamn good it's retarded.

Stoked to hear about some homebrewers here. The keg we just kicked was a Kate The Great clone, which is an imperial stout treated with port-soaked oak cubes and let sit for 8 months. Came out at about 14% and was drinking pretty rad. Super viscous mouthfeel and left the tulip glass with brown syrup-like lacing.

This thread is awesome. If any of you craftbeer nerds are interested, I Instagram almost exclusively about beer.

http://instagram.com/phacebook

you are very sexy, GG self-esteem.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Frieder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Italy231 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 09:38:33
December 19 2012 08:34 GMT
#426
Since last week defenitely Birra Nursia is my favourite beer. Very good beer, brewed by the Benedictin monks in Norcia (IT)
Superbub! Too bad you can only buy it in Norcia at the shop of the monastery or the local bars and restaurants. They just opened their brewery and do not have jet the possibility to expand. It's a little bit expensive but by buying their beer you are doing something good, helping them with their charity work. btw. they are one of the two italian monasteries, which do only offer The Latin Mass.
Jaevlaterran
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden578 Posts
December 19 2012 09:26 GMT
#427
Birra Nursia seems awesome!

I would like to recommend the Oppigårds Brewery from Sweden. They offer a couple of different types of beer and is definitely something to try out for the beer fan who likes a beer that really tastes a lot and with unique flavour. (I know it at least was possible to order this beer from abroad) Here's a review of one of their beers: Youtube Review Oppigårds has won plenty of beer competitions and all of their different types of beers are extraordinary. I'm sure someone has mentioned it already but there's something we say here in Europe about american beer and it goes like this:

What's the similarity between American beer and making love in a canoe? Both are fucking close to water

This beer is the complete opposite of both of those things.
Need a light?
Boiler Bandsman
Profile Joined February 2012
United States391 Posts
December 19 2012 09:45 GMT
#428
For our American readers, I strongly recommend Leinenkugel's winter seasonal Snowdrift Vanilla Porter.

Very dark and thick, but not overwhelming hop flavor, and a lot of coffee and cocoa notes underneath. Excellent beer to drink for taste with a meal or a sporting event.
A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Frieder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Italy231 Posts
December 22 2012 11:47 GMT
#429
Near my new apartment there is a Irish Pub. Can you recomand some good beer? Maybe a sweet one?
TMD
Profile Joined November 2012
Canada93 Posts
December 23 2012 05:28 GMT
#430
Axe Head (Extreme Beer)

which usually leads to the following:
Axe-in-the-head hangover

I really need to try that Bitches Brew beer even if for hoarding the bottle itself, can't get it here, fantastic album.
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
December 23 2012 05:47 GMT
#431
[image loading]

So heavy, but not too bitter. Relaxes me.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
December 23 2012 05:52 GMT
#432
always been a fan of the yuengling lagers. im only 19, but its SO much better than the lite beers that I typically see.
PS. does this thread tend to get a lot of the drunk thread posters?
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
December 23 2012 05:55 GMT
#433
Argh this thread makes me so jealous. Since leaving London there's nowhere to get my fix of imported beer.

I miss the full on flavor combinations that I've only encountered in American microbrews and some of the Belgian Doubles / Triples. Since I started drinking those, everything else just tastes so watery and weak.

Oh how I long for the heavy textures, low-mild carbonation, citrus aroma into sweet - bitter finish of those american IPAs. Or the malty, dark fruit, roasty goodness of Imperial Stouts. Or the heavy, refreshing sweetness of the Belgian beers.

If anyone knows how to get these in the UK please let me know (well more the USA stuff, Belgian beer is relatively easy to get). On the plus side have saved a crapton of money since they go for about £10 a bottle.
29wit
Profile Joined August 2012
United States5 Posts
December 26 2012 04:22 GMT
#434
[image loading]

Has anyone tried Old Rasputin before? They used to sell it at my local Food Lion but decided to get rid of it before I had the chance to buy it. Worth it?
TerransHill
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany572 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-31 18:03:07
December 31 2012 18:02 GMT
#435
There are so many good beers in Germany that i cant really chose a favourite. Schoenramer is a local beer which I really enjoy it also received alot of prizes.

[image loading]

I also enjoy the Weltenburger beer which is one of the oldest still existing beers in the world (since 1050) The Winter Edition is especially delicious.

[image loading]

In addition to the bavarian beers I also like the pilsner beers from the north. I also like Czech beers and sometimes guiness/Kilkenny.
Respect my authoritah!!
BluePanther
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2776 Posts
December 31 2012 18:28 GMT
#436
On December 19 2012 18:45 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
For our American readers, I strongly recommend Leinenkugel's winter seasonal Snowdrift Vanilla Porter.

Very dark and thick, but not overwhelming hop flavor, and a lot of coffee and cocoa notes underneath. Excellent beer to drink for taste with a meal or a sporting event.


All of Leinenkugel's stuff is amazing. As a Wisconsin Native, the Honey Weiss is one of my go-tos.
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
December 31 2012 19:43 GMT
#437
I am proud to report that I have recently acquired the beerguide to middle franconia, with all breweries, and all beers brewed here. The day before yesterday, I visited the first one, and I plan to add a lot more in 2013.

And as to general beers I like: Nothing beats a Gutmann Weizen: http://www.brauerei-gutmann.de/hp1/Startseite.htm

But I do like my occasional IPA
Here be Dragons
Mistletoes
Profile Joined December 2012
50 Posts
December 31 2012 21:00 GMT
#438
On December 26 2012 13:22 29wit wrote:
[image loading]

Has anyone tried Old Rasputin before? They used to sell it at my local Food Lion but decided to get rid of it before I had the chance to buy it. Worth it?

One of my favorite RIS. Has a nice chocolate and coffee aroma to it.
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-01 03:10:59
January 01 2013 03:01 GMT
#439
I have three consistent favorites right now, they are all microbrews from around Cleveland
Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold
[image loading]

Great Lakes Eliot Ness (a Vienna Lager, some bottles seem way better than others to me though)
[image loading]

(their porter Edmund Fitzgerald is outstanding too, but I'm not a big fan of porter in general)
and
Brew Kettle White Rajah (a delicious IPA)
[image loading]

I live around Pittsburgh but haven't found any local ones around here that I love. Yeah Cleveland beats us at something in my eyes, heh.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
January 01 2013 03:18 GMT
#440
I'm a little too young to legally drink, but here is a beer that I've enjoyed actually when given the chance to have it at a political party.
[image loading]
User was warned for too many mimes.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 130
Nina 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13293
Rain 2209
Artosis 601
Dewaltoss 29
NaDa 22
Dota 2
monkeys_forever645
NeuroSwarm157
League of Legends
Doublelift4812
Counter-Strike
taco 567
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1640
ArmadaUGS355
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1232
WinterStarcraft500
Other Games
summit1g8836
Day[9].tv737
JimRising 620
C9.Mang0200
PiGStarcraft200
Maynarde161
ViBE145
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick854
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv737
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h
OSC
11h
Stellar Fest
11h
OSC
22h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.