• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:16
CEST 05:16
KST 12:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8729 users

2011 - What are you Reading? - Page 28

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 49 Next All
godemperor
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium2043 Posts
June 13 2011 04:51 GMT
#541
On June 13 2011 13:40 Gogleion wrote:
I know it's a horrible book, and I know it's a girl book. But it's actually nice to have something I can read with my girlfriend.
[image loading]

My gf also introduced me to Picoult, I end up enjoy some of them. BUT Songs of the Humpback Whale is horrible!
Gogleion
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States534 Posts
June 13 2011 05:14 GMT
#542
On June 13 2011 13:51 godemperor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 13:40 Gogleion wrote:
I know it's a horrible book, and I know it's a girl book. But it's actually nice to have something I can read with my girlfriend.
[image loading]

My gf also introduced me to Picoult, I end up enjoy some of them. BUT Songs of the Humpback Whale is horrible!

It's pretty bad quality, but it's at least a story and I haven't read much in a while so it's nice sometimes. Hopefully we'll finish this one soon and be able to move on to a better one. Which ones did you like?
EffOrt. That is all.
GrimZeRo
Profile Joined January 2011
United States113 Posts
June 13 2011 05:16 GMT
#543
[image loading]

I'm about half way through it and I can't put it down!

User was warned for this post
Hearthstone, Borderlands, SC2, D3 and more! http://www.twitch.tv/promisesplays
Likeaboss452
Profile Joined September 2010
United States28 Posts
June 13 2011 05:37 GMT
#544
http://dc353.4shared.com/img/RAEkM3j2/Adler_Mortimer_-_How_To_Read_A.pdf

http://dc178.4shared.com/img/rrT6edUU/BeingHuman.pdf
godemperor
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium2043 Posts
June 13 2011 05:40 GMT
#545
On June 13 2011 14:14 Gogleion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 13:51 godemperor wrote:
On June 13 2011 13:40 Gogleion wrote:
I know it's a horrible book, and I know it's a girl book. But it's actually nice to have something I can read with my girlfriend.
[image loading]

My gf also introduced me to Picoult, I end up enjoy some of them. BUT Songs of the Humpback Whale is horrible!

It's pretty bad quality, but it's at least a story and I haven't read much in a while so it's nice sometimes. Hopefully we'll finish this one soon and be able to move on to a better one. Which ones did you like?

I enjoyed Nineteen Minutes and My Sister's Keeper, they are pretty obvious choices. I am not ashamed to admit i got way more teary than my gf at the end of My Sister's Keeper.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
June 13 2011 05:42 GMT
#546
On June 13 2011 13:45 jon arbuckle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 08:53 Ideas wrote:
On June 13 2011 04:53 redFF wrote:
On June 13 2011 04:24 Ideas wrote:
[image loading]

I just finished reading this a 2nd time (1st time I read it was like 3 years ago). such a great funny book that tackles so many issues about human life and the meaninglessness of it all. I think it spoke to me personally and the sort of things I've been going through/thinking about lately a lot more than the 1st time I read it. It was almost like reading a different book lol. Bokonon is such a great character. Vonnegut is so great, such a shame that I didn't even hear of him until after he died


You should read
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I prefer it to Cat's Cradle, both are really good though.


I've read that book several times. it was my first Vonnegut book lol. and yes, it's my favorite.


Vonnegut is a lot of things but he is definitely not a nihilist. Cat's Cradle is a remonstrance of meaninglessness, not an endorsement.

Top five Vonnegut books:
1: Cat's Cradle
2: Mother Night
3: Slaughterhouse-Five
4: Galapagos
5: God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater

Breakfast of Champions misses out for being good only the first time through and lacking the satire of American-ness it is purported to have that God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater ably plies.


i didnt say it endorsed it, just that it dealt with it lol

Free Palestine
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 13 2011 05:56 GMT
#547
I'm rereading the dark templar saga waiting for heart of the swarm :D :D
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Asrathiel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Australia377 Posts
June 23 2011 03:02 GMT
#548
Ooh I love 'what are you reading' threads :D

I'm re-reading LotR, also partway through the second volume of Feynman's lectures but I need a long stretch of peace and quiet to be able to concentrate on those!
for science... you monster
Clicker
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1012 Posts
June 23 2011 06:01 GMT
#549
I've been reading through Vince Flynn's series around the fictional character Mitch Rapp. I actually found one of the books in a cardboard box in an alley ready to be thrown away 4-5 years ago, read it and loved it.

I've never read anything else in this particular genre, but I love these books. I was suggested to try some Tom Clancy but i couldn't really get into too much.
Bunn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Estonia934 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 06:10:13
June 23 2011 06:06 GMT
#550
Zone 22 by Tig Hague

[image loading]

I'm halfway throught it, and so far it's very compelling.
"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee
graph1k
Profile Joined December 2010
United States97 Posts
June 23 2011 06:19 GMT
#551
Finished The Changeling by Oe, it was interesting, I feel like I need time to digest before I even form opinions, it was that kind of book.

Now going to reread my collection of books by my favorite author. Starting with this one:
[image loading]

Need to find some new books to read, off to Powell's again to browse around. (Powell's is the best bookstore ever BTW.
vaccum
Profile Joined May 2011
France26 Posts
June 23 2011 07:29 GMT
#552
atm, The Game by Neil Strauss
Don't believe the hype
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
June 23 2011 07:38 GMT
#553
[image loading]

I never read this book before so I figured I should give it a chance.
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
June 23 2011 07:41 GMT
#554
A SONG OF FIRE AND ICE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
CosmosXAM
Profile Joined April 2011
United States121 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 07:48:32
June 23 2011 07:48 GMT
#555
Just finished reading:

[image loading]

Currently Reading:

[image loading]

Reading Next:

[image loading]

Edit: I Like Science :D
Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Cry, and you cry alone.
Razakel
Profile Joined April 2011
Ireland466 Posts
June 23 2011 07:51 GMT
#556
[image loading]

From my longstanding interest in ancient Egypt. Also really liked the game Pharaoh (and its expansion) + Children of the Nile. If you're really interested in ancient Egypt, its history, religion, day to day life of its people and major figures this is a book for you.

[image loading]

I'm going into 3rd year of my arts course in September and I'm still clueless about what I want to do my thesis on. I had a lot of interest in Foucault's work last year and I'm brushing up to see if it will give me any ideas. This stuff can be pretty challenging to grasp but I love it.

[image loading]

I've been wanting to read this for a while but just couldn't find the time during the year. Heard its amazing but that remains to be seen.

P.S: Awesome thread!

cYaN
Profile Joined May 2004
Norway3322 Posts
June 23 2011 08:00 GMT
#557
Last read:
[image loading]
Very interesting book on organized crime worldwide.

Reading now:
[image loading]
I'm about halfway through this, a VERY tough read imo. Just very interesting and incredibly detailed.

Next:
Some kinda easily read fiction^^ Need an easy one.
snozberry
Profile Joined May 2011
United States126 Posts
June 23 2011 08:01 GMT
#558
last read:

For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway

reading:

The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon

Next:

I'm not sure
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
June 23 2011 08:03 GMT
#559
On January 12 2011 06:05 lxfmadman wrote:
[image loading]


i also read it, its such a great book havet to get it back (so cool how so old books can be so good)
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
sCuMBaG
Profile Joined August 2006
United Kingdom1144 Posts
June 23 2011 08:04 GMT
#560
I'm eagerly waiting for A Dance with Dragons.
Reading "Three Seconds" now
having "The Witcher" novels lined up
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta40
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 200
ProTech149
FoxeR 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2300
Shuttle 1324
Dewaltoss 79
NaDa 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm211
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 509
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox574
Other Games
summit1g8016
WinterStarcraft417
C9.Mang0278
ViBE127
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo479
• Stunt173
Other Games
• Shiphtur355
Upcoming Events
OSC
19h 44m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 6h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.