• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:43
CEST 07:43
KST 14:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7138 users

Advice you would give your highschool self - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
kidd
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States2848 Posts
March 24 2010 20:45 GMT
#21
Go to more parties and stop second guessing that all the friends I had were not really friends at all. Oh that and more girls too.
Hi
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
March 24 2010 20:49 GMT
#22
On March 25 2010 05:39 Jathin wrote:
I went to a very white high school and was one of very few minorities. I thought my life would be easier, and I would fit in better, if I were white. So I resolved to hating on my own race as a means of fitting in better. Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever done.

sort of reminds me when i was young and a lot of teachers considered me smart and i enjoyed reading books and learning but being smart for other kids my age just seemed to have such a negative meaning to it that i started to hate being called smart or looking smart that i stopped learning and now all these years of not studying its coming back to bite me in the ass.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Chupacabra(UCSD)
Profile Joined December 2009
Mexico225 Posts
March 24 2010 20:50 GMT
#23
@ Jathin
Funny you say that. I'm white and I went to a mostly white school and I can't say I cared much for hanging out with most of the white kids. I found it much more rewarding to hang out with Asians. Today all my best friends are Asian and I can honestly say that it was the best social investment I've ever made. Anyways though I was referring to when you said "you'll be glad you're not in a few years" which I felt was insinuating there was something wrong with being white and I'm curious to know exactly what that is.
Never pass up a good thing.
aiyeeta
Profile Joined June 2007
United States199 Posts
March 24 2010 20:52 GMT
#24
Dear Highschool Self,

I was writing this to tell you that you're about to do a lot of things that will lead to the utter destruction of any sort of sex life you ever could have had. That's right, you're about to go without sex for an unknown number of years. You're also going to spend 95% of your time awake at the computer. Keep reading if this doesn't sound appealing.

Everyone is about to lie to you about college. Don't listen to them, they're wrong. I've attached a number of interesting colleges that you should apply to. You like Math and Physics, it's just a fact, so keep going with that. Trust me. When the advisers ask "What major do you want to sign up for?" just tell them "Physics major" and if you want to double major, just make sure it's in something math related, okay?

As for where to go: AWAY. Get as far away from home as you can, people will just bug the crap out of you there, trust me. Go to the opposite ends of either I-95 or US-1, seriously. Florida is not the promised land, and you could do very well in a colder climate. You could even go to Denver and ski during the winter, wouldn't that be nice? Trust me, it would be nice.

As for women, you should have more fun. As a matter of fact, enjoy life more, you don't do that enough. Go through Urban Dictionary and see if you can complete a number of the new and exciting sexual definitions in there... It'll be hilarious.

Oh, and Pokemon is STILL cool in the future, but only the first 151 of them. The Final Fantasy games aren't bad, in fact, they have decent plot. Dune is a great series, perhaps you should actually continue reading the rest of them and not wait 6 years, douche bag.

And lastly, the winning lottery numbers for the first Tuesday in January for the next decade are: ...

Love,
Me.

PS: Get production/science skills in EVE and as many R&D agents as you can, trust me.
"...And that was the first time I got crabs"
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
March 24 2010 20:53 GMT
#25
On March 25 2010 05:50 Chupacabra(UCSD) wrote:
@ Jathin
Funny you say that. I'm white and I went to a mostly white school and I can't say I cared much for hanging out with most of the white kids. I found it much more rewarding to hang out with Asians. Today all my best friends are Asian and I can honestly say that it was the best social investment I've ever made. Anyways though I was referring to when you said "you'll be glad you're not in a few years" which I felt was insinuating there was something wrong with being white and I'm curious to know exactly what that is.


You frequent a SCBW forum, chances are you're the kind that likes hanging out with Asians more .
wat
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
March 24 2010 20:56 GMT
#26
Start computer gaming now.. don't wait until sophomore year of college to pick up sc!!
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Snausages
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States529 Posts
March 24 2010 20:57 GMT
#27
ask her out
teaaaaaaaa
Jathin
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3505 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-24 21:05:24
March 24 2010 20:57 GMT
#28
--- Nuked ---
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
March 24 2010 21:00 GMT
#29
don't put that there
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
March 24 2010 21:00 GMT
#30
1) study harder
2) talk to girls more
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-24 21:01:17
March 24 2010 21:00 GMT
#31
Its really easy to tell your past self what to do, because you don't have to do it :p Who here has thought how wonderful it would be to go back and start fresh and do everything right? Who here realizes you would do the exact same thing again, because life isn't as easy as "go to the gym and then do your homework"?

Edit: 1) masturbate less.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Sc2ggRise
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States607 Posts
March 24 2010 21:01 GMT
#32
I wouldn't tell myself a god damn thing. Figuring shit out on your own is the best part of life.
Zurles
Profile Joined February 2009
United Kingdom1659 Posts
March 24 2010 21:03 GMT
#33
gotta fail to succeed bruthas.
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8181 Posts
March 24 2010 21:05 GMT
#34
Start playing Starcraft and poker now so that by 2010 when that shit is hard and everyone is pro, you'll already be famous
Hypnosis
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States2061 Posts
March 24 2010 21:08 GMT
#35
On March 25 2010 05:43 BroOd wrote:
Group your mutas with an overlord and start fast expanding as protoss.


If only I knew this 7 years ago
Science without religion is lame, Religion without science is blind
VTArlock
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1763 Posts
March 24 2010 21:14 GMT
#36
You idiot! The marks on her wrist are because shes crazy, PERIOD. not because shes crazy about you! Stay away from her she WILL ruin your life in a few years and it is not better to have loved and lost to have never loved at all, because if you never loved and lost that crazy bitch you would of loved someone much more worth your time and affection.
Why?
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
March 24 2010 21:20 GMT
#37
Dear Highschool BuGzlToOnl,

      I can't really offer any advice to you, continue as you are. Everything will work out and you'll be happy in the way your future self turned out no matter what. All the stupid mistakes you will make and all the things you will or will not do will define you into the person that is writing this. This is why I have chosen not to include anything of value which may serve as a warning to future events that will happen. Instead I say a simple, "hello". There will be certain situations that will make you wish you were dead, but don't worry everything works out in the end. I should probably tell you to study a little bit more, but I knowing me won't listen to you.

Sincerly,
      Future BuGzlToOnl
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
March 24 2010 21:21 GMT
#38
On March 25 2010 06:03 Zurles wrote:
gotta fail to succeed bruthas.


Agreed~!
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
Jathin
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3505 Posts
March 24 2010 21:24 GMT
#39
--- Nuked ---
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-24 21:29:41
March 24 2010 21:29 GMT
#40
On March 25 2010 06:24 Jathin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 06:20 BuGzlToOnl wrote:
Dear Highschool BuGzlToOnl,

      I can't really offer any advice to you, continue as you are. Everything will work out and you'll be happy in the way your future self turned out no matter what. All the stupid mistakes you will make and all the things you will or will not do will define you into the person that is writing this. This is why I have chosen not to include anything of value which may serve as a warning to future events that will happen. Instead I say a simple, "hello". There will be certain situations that will make you wish you were dead, but don't worry everything works out in the end. I should probably tell you to study a little bit more, but I knowing me won't listen to you.

Sincerly,
      Future BuGzlToOnl


I was kind of hoping you'd say, "Think twice before you pick your TL.net alias"


Its actually LToonL which was a clan and Bugz from Bugz Bunny.

In my head it was always bugz-toon, didn't come to realize the alternating capitalization all the way through and seen as bugzitooni until YEARS later.

EDIT: Don't regret though. :p
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4483
Leta 1788
Bale 49
Shine 43
ZergMaN 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm244
League of Legends
JimRising 645
Other Games
summit1g7628
WinterStarcraft598
Sick146
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick520
BasetradeTV203
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta60
• Letter1418
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2145
League of Legends
• Lourlo1028
• Rush772
Other Games
• Shiphtur453
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 17m
Patches Events
9h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 17m
OSC
17h 17m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.