• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:24
CEST 08:24
KST 15:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8452 users

Man Jumps out Window, To Fight Cops with A Sword - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
January 27 2010 21:08 GMT
#21
On January 28 2010 05:53 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
perhaps it was this fellow?

+ Show Spoiler +


Yea I want vid of ittttttttttttttttttt. And the guy in this vid is SO INTENSE.
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
Biochemist
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1008 Posts
January 27 2010 21:09 GMT
#22
On January 28 2010 05:43 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2010 05:37 BlackJack wrote:
surprised they didn't shoot him. takes a lotta balls to tackle a guy with a sword

Guy was suicidal, one of those crazy 'suicide by cops' people, He had no intent of hurting anyone - he was just trying to provoke them to kill him.
When he got tackled he probably stopped to make a stand and do alot of yelling and waving his sword around, with cops all around him. After a while someone will do it.


I agree with this. If he was more actively trying to hurt the cops, he most likely would have been shot. Tackling a guy who is waving a sword around and yelling at people would be a lot easier than tackling a guy with a sword who is very pointedly trying to cut everyone with it.
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
January 27 2010 21:09 GMT
#23
LOL.

A long time ago a neighbor fell from his 5th floor balcony. He landed on a small tree and amazingly he was mostly fine, save scratches and bruises. He did not have his keys on him though, so he walked up the stairs and rang the door bell to his own apartment. His wife, who had last seen him on the balcony, was like WTF?!?!
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
January 27 2010 21:11 GMT
#24
hahaha that's great / terrifying
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
January 27 2010 21:11 GMT
#25
lol citi.zen
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Element)LoGiC
Profile Joined July 2003
Canada1143 Posts
January 27 2010 21:12 GMT
#26
Why didn't they just kill him. If someone said kill me, and I had the authority to do it, I would just do it, he obviously doesn't want to be here that much. Accidental Discharge anyone?
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-27 21:14:40
January 27 2010 21:13 GMT
#27
On January 28 2010 06:12 Element)LoGiC wrote:
Why didn't they just kill him. If someone said kill me, and I had the authority to do it, I would just do it, he obviously doesn't want to be here that much. Accidental Discharge anyone?

Wow
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 27 2010 21:14 GMT
#28
On January 28 2010 06:12 Element)LoGiC wrote:
Why didn't they just kill him. If someone said kill me, and I had the authority to do it, I would just do it, he obviously doesn't want to be here that much. Accidental Discharge anyone?


yeah i'd love to live a society in where authority figures killed the mentally unstable just because they asked

then the world wouldn't even have any more depressed people!
RIP Aaliyah
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
January 27 2010 21:14 GMT
#29
On January 28 2010 06:12 Element)LoGiC wrote:
Why didn't they just kill him. If someone said kill me, and I had the authority to do it, I would just do it, he obviously doesn't want to be here that much. Accidental Discharge anyone?

I do sort of agree with you.
Isn't it possible that taking him into the station is the cruel thing to do?
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-27 21:17:19
January 27 2010 21:16 GMT
#30
Element can't be serious. Are you trolling?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 27 2010 21:16 GMT
#31
On January 28 2010 06:14 Klive5ive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2010 06:12 Element)LoGiC wrote:
Why didn't they just kill him. If someone said kill me, and I had the authority to do it, I would just do it, he obviously doesn't want to be here that much. Accidental Discharge anyone?

I do sort of agree with you.
Isn't it possible that taking him into the station is the cruel thing to do?


Yeah it's pretty cruel to give insane people psychiatric treatment, killing them is much more humane
RIP Aaliyah
789
Profile Joined October 2009
United States959 Posts
January 27 2010 21:16 GMT
#32
On January 28 2010 06:14 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2010 06:12 Element)LoGiC wrote:
Why didn't they just kill him. If someone said kill me, and I had the authority to do it, I would just do it, he obviously doesn't want to be here that much. Accidental Discharge anyone?


yeah i'd love to live a society in where authority figures killed the mentally unstable just because they asked

then the world wouldn't even have any more depressed people!


Such a society does exist, it is called mafia.
Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk Cafe! He's the next Jaedong, baby!
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 27 2010 21:17 GMT
#33
On January 28 2010 06:16 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Element has to be trolling


Actually I know a few SUPER EDGY nihilist types that think the world would be better if we just killed all the trash. of course everyone is trash besides themselves and people who agree with them.

I don't think they actually truly want that though.
RIP Aaliyah
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
January 27 2010 21:22 GMT
#34
On January 28 2010 06:16 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2010 06:14 Klive5ive wrote:
On January 28 2010 06:12 Element)LoGiC wrote:
Why didn't they just kill him. If someone said kill me, and I had the authority to do it, I would just do it, he obviously doesn't want to be here that much. Accidental Discharge anyone?

I do sort of agree with you.
Isn't it possible that taking him into the station is the cruel thing to do?


Yeah it's pretty cruel to give insane people psychiatric treatment, killing them is much more humane

So depressed people are all insane now?
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Khaymus
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States750 Posts
January 27 2010 21:29 GMT
#35
Maybe he was just LARPing as a demoman?
Let them say we lived in the time of Boxer, Emperor of Terran. Let them say we lived in the time of Nal_rA, Dreamer of Protoss. Let them say we lived in the time of Savior, Master of the Zerg.
DefMatrixUltra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1992 Posts
January 27 2010 21:31 GMT
#36
On January 28 2010 06:12 Element)LoGiC wrote:
Why didn't they just kill him. If someone said kill me, and I had the authority to do it, I would just do it, he obviously doesn't want to be here that much. Accidental Discharge anyone?


Congrats on graduating the Police Academy, bro.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 27 2010 21:32 GMT
#37
On January 28 2010 06:22 Klive5ive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2010 06:16 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 28 2010 06:14 Klive5ive wrote:
On January 28 2010 06:12 Element)LoGiC wrote:
Why didn't they just kill him. If someone said kill me, and I had the authority to do it, I would just do it, he obviously doesn't want to be here that much. Accidental Discharge anyone?

I do sort of agree with you.
Isn't it possible that taking him into the station is the cruel thing to do?


Yeah it's pretty cruel to give insane people psychiatric treatment, killing them is much more humane

So depressed people are all insane now?


lol that isn't even close to what I said

typically depressed people don't jump out of windows at cops with swords and yell "kill me"
RIP Aaliyah
Gumbo
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada807 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-27 21:49:10
January 27 2010 21:48 GMT
#38
On January 28 2010 06:12 Element)LoGiC wrote:
Why didn't they just kill him. If someone said kill me, and I had the authority to do it, I would just do it, he obviously doesn't want to be here that much. Accidental Discharge anyone?


What the fuck man, you play too much video games.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
January 27 2010 21:49 GMT
#39
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
keepITup
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
251 Posts
January 27 2010 21:51 GMT
#40
On January 28 2010 06:17 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2010 06:16 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Element has to be trolling


Actually I know a few SUPER EDGY nihilist types that think the world would be better if we just killed all the trash. of course everyone is trash besides themselves and people who agree with them.

I don't think they actually truly want that though.


I'm not taking sides here, but I don't see how it matters whether a cop decided to shoot him or not.

He's insane..

Not a "weirdo" insane, but a "danger to society" insane. I mean it's cool that he didn't have to die, and I guess were expecting him to be treated and come out all fine -- but if they shot him, well to me that just means 1 less crazy person to worry about.

I mean these may be the people who "lose it" one day and shoot up a mall.

Does having this opinion make me a bad person or something?
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4423
Leta 1843
Shuttle 1052
Shine 39
ZergMaN 26
sorry 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
JimRising 623
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King46
Other Games
summit1g7461
WinterStarcraft630
Sick172
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick508
BasetradeTV233
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1417
• Sammyuel 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2201
League of Legends
• Lourlo1244
• Rush1120
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 37m
Patches Events
8h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 37m
OSC
16h 37m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.