• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:31
CEST 01:31
KST 08:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7943 users

TL , Prepare to Win Miss America - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Shizuru~
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Malaysia1676 Posts
January 20 2010 15:42 GMT
#141
On January 21 2010 00:39 Foucault wrote:
Didn't vote. It's too arbitrary and I don't even know if she's the best contestant. She's not the prettiest in my eyes, and that's pretty important in Miss America I would assume.

Good luck to your friend though


that wasn't the point of this vote..

we're voting to beat the rest of america?
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-20 15:43:51
January 20 2010 15:43 GMT
#142
On January 21 2010 00:39 Foucault wrote:
Didn't vote. It's too arbitrary and I don't even know if she's the best contestant. She's not the prettiest in my eyes, and that's pretty important in Miss America I would assume.

Good luck to your friend though


Completely missing the point of this vote.
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-20 15:47:16
January 20 2010 15:46 GMT
#143
On January 21 2010 00:43 Rotodyne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2010 00:39 Foucault wrote:
Didn't vote. It's too arbitrary and I don't even know if she's the best contestant. She's not the prettiest in my eyes, and that's pretty important in Miss America I would assume.

Good luck to your friend though


Completely missing the point of this vote.


OP says: "You don't even have to watch the interview, and you don't have to register"

Why would I vote for some random stranger without watching her interview? Why are you guys doing it? I don't get it.

No, the point is still voting on her over someone else.
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Dracid
Profile Joined December 2009
United States280 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-20 16:14:58
January 20 2010 16:05 GMT
#144
So much for the spirit of fair competition.

...except the whole point is that it's basically a popularity contest to begin with, and Oregon happens to have a lot of SC nerds for friends. How many people do you think actually go through all 50 states and choose their favorite contestant?

edit: 50 states + Puerto Rico + Virgin Islands.
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
January 20 2010 16:30 GMT
#145
On January 21 2010 00:46 Foucault wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2010 00:43 Rotodyne wrote:
On January 21 2010 00:39 Foucault wrote:
Didn't vote. It's too arbitrary and I don't even know if she's the best contestant. She's not the prettiest in my eyes, and that's pretty important in Miss America I would assume.

Good luck to your friend though


Completely missing the point of this vote.


OP says: "You don't even have to watch the interview, and you don't have to register"

Why would I vote for some random stranger without watching her interview? Why are you guys doing it? I don't get it.

No, the point is still voting on her over someone else.


All the other contestants are random strangers, that's why we aren't voting for them. uNcontroLable is a member of TL, so we are helping out a fellow TL member.
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
piratebay
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States399 Posts
January 20 2010 16:37 GMT
#146
im voting on different ips over and over again rofl
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
January 20 2010 16:41 GMT
#147
seems pretty hard to win this :s
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
uNcontroLable
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1180 Posts
January 20 2010 16:42 GMT
#148
On January 20 2010 13:48 Hot_Bid wrote:
Talked it over with a few mods and admins, and from now on we're going to be closing every mass voting thread that is unrelated to StarCraft. That includes threads created by red or blue names. Even if Manifesto himself created one, we're still going to close it. It's nothing personal, we just don't see a fair way to decide who can create one of these and who can't.

This thread will be the last one, and can stay open mainly because unc's cake contest was awesome. Good luck to your friend.


Thank you HB... I really appreciate you letting this one stay open, and I understand. The reason I was going to make a new thread for this in a couple days, though, is that the really important vote, the one that actually matters, will be happening in a week or so, and I don't want people to miss it because they already voted for this one. I was hoping people could get excited about it, and then be ready to vote when it's time to actually win the competition itself. How cool would it be if TL was friends with Miss America? Anyway... maybe a thread name change when I finally get all that info? In order to let people know to check back?
* www.twitter.com/AnnaProsser * www.facebook.com/AnnaProsser * www.twitch.tv/AnnaProsser * www.youtube.com/annaprossertv *
green.at
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Austria1459 Posts
January 20 2010 16:43 GMT
#149
ok voted glad i can help
Inputting special characters into chat should no longer cause the game to crash.
uNcontroLable
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1180 Posts
January 20 2010 16:46 GMT
#150
For all of you that are asking about the old swimsuit pics wager or "what's in it if we win," how about this: When the time comes to vote for contestants in the ACTUAL Miss America competition (sometime next week) if we vote her into the finals, then there's a reward in it for ya. I'll have to check with iNc about him in a bathing suit...is that still what the public wants?
* www.twitter.com/AnnaProsser * www.facebook.com/AnnaProsser * www.twitch.tv/AnnaProsser * www.youtube.com/annaprossertv *
Perfect Assassin
Profile Joined August 2009
Mexico56 Posts
January 20 2010 16:57 GMT
#151
A "win the internet" thread approved by TL?
I'm in!
835 (3.64%)
With fire justice is served
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
January 20 2010 17:03 GMT
#152
On January 21 2010 01:42 uNcontroLable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2010 13:48 Hot_Bid wrote:
Talked it over with a few mods and admins, and from now on we're going to be closing every mass voting thread that is unrelated to StarCraft. That includes threads created by red or blue names. Even if Manifesto himself created one, we're still going to close it. It's nothing personal, we just don't see a fair way to decide who can create one of these and who can't.

This thread will be the last one, and can stay open mainly because unc's cake contest was awesome. Good luck to your friend.


Thank you HB... I really appreciate you letting this one stay open, and I understand. The reason I was going to make a new thread for this in a couple days, though, is that the really important vote, the one that actually matters, will be happening in a week or so, and I don't want people to miss it because they already voted for this one. I was hoping people could get excited about it, and then be ready to vote when it's time to actually win the competition itself. How cool would it be if TL was friends with Miss America? Anyway... maybe a thread name change when I finally get all that info? In order to let people know to check back?

Sorry!

Theres 0 voting from here on out, that includes changing titles of threads or bumping old voting threads, as that would defeat the entire purpose of the rule.

Regardless, I think you should post the swimsuit pics of Incontrol anyway.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
uNcontroLable
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1180 Posts
January 20 2010 17:07 GMT
#153
So procedure is to post the voting info for that in this thread as soon as I get it? Cause that was included in the OP, meaning I assume that's still included in "the last thread." Just want to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes.
* www.twitter.com/AnnaProsser * www.facebook.com/AnnaProsser * www.twitch.tv/AnnaProsser * www.youtube.com/annaprossertv *
haster27
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Taiwan809 Posts
January 20 2010 17:10 GMT
#154
Classic example of bandwagoning. "Win the internet" is one of the favourite theme in TL after all.
LaLuSh
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden2358 Posts
January 20 2010 17:12 GMT
#155
She could still put it in a blog, couldn't she hotbid?

Or are these voting threads hence-on banned from all sub-forums?
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
January 20 2010 17:15 GMT
#156
On January 21 2010 02:12 LaLuSh wrote:
She could still put it in a blog, couldn't she hotbid?

Or are these voting threads hence-on banned from all sub-forums?


good question, i'd like to know this also
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
January 20 2010 17:18 GMT
#157
On January 21 2010 02:07 uNcontroLable wrote:
So procedure is to post the voting info for that in this thread as soon as I get it? Cause that was included in the OP, meaning I assume that's still included in "the last thread." Just want to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes.

No, the "next vote" is not going to be allowed. This thread will be locked when this vote is over. I guess we could go back and forth about whether a string of several consecutive votes still "counts" as one thread or whatever, but we meant what we said earlier. For the foreseeable future, this vote (your link in the OP) will be the last non-SC voting campaign on these forums.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-20 17:21:10
January 20 2010 17:18 GMT
#158
On January 21 2010 02:12 LaLuSh wrote:
She could still put it in a blog, couldn't she hotbid?

Or are these voting threads hence-on banned from all sub-forums?

All voting threads are banned on every forum, unless of course the vote is related to StarCraft.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
January 20 2010 17:36 GMT
#159
On January 21 2010 00:46 Foucault wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2010 00:43 Rotodyne wrote:
On January 21 2010 00:39 Foucault wrote:
Didn't vote. It's too arbitrary and I don't even know if she's the best contestant. She's not the prettiest in my eyes, and that's pretty important in Miss America I would assume.

Good luck to your friend though


Completely missing the point of this vote.


OP says: "You don't even have to watch the interview, and you don't have to register"

Why would I vote for some random stranger without watching her interview? Why are you guys doing it? I don't get it.

No, the point is still voting on her over someone else.



C'mon man! VOTE! we gonna see iNc in a bathing suit!
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
January 20 2010 17:46 GMT
#160
Would you be allowed to post links to voting polls but not request people to vote a certain option?
Official Entusman #21
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings54
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 184
ProTech139
ViBE123
SpeCial 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11955
910 73
NaDa 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever397
canceldota158
League of Legends
Doublelift4382
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3646
Other Games
summit1g5583
C9.Mang0397
JimRising 383
ToD147
PPMD42
JuggernautJason33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick794
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 87
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP41
• poizon28 36
• musti20045 20
• RyuSc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra937
Other Games
• imaqtpie1153
• Shiphtur593
• tFFMrPink 7
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 29m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.