• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:10
CEST 21:10
KST 04:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8079 users

TL , Prepare to Win Miss America - Page 11

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
Carthac
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States393 Posts
January 20 2010 22:42 GMT
#201
Up to like 1100

Extremely easy to vote too. No registration or anything!
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
January 20 2010 22:42 GMT
#202
i have now voted three times hahaha

1116 (4.76%) big jump from when i first voted
Dwell
uNcontroLable
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1180 Posts
January 20 2010 22:54 GMT
#203
On January 21 2010 06:46 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2010 05:59 Slow Motion wrote:
What if you could get Miss Oregon to wear a starcraft themed swimsuit?


I think if she/unc contributed something to TL in return it might be more acceptable. Maybe mods could consider that?



I will check with CC and get back, but what if the reward for getting CC into the finals was a picture of her in swimsuit competition, autographed "With love to all the hottest nerds on the planet at Teamliquid" or "Teamliquid hwaiting, love Miss Oregon" or something like that? Maybe even her holding an I love TL sign or something? Would THAT make it worth our while? Cause seriously she loves you guys. This isn't just my friend who drew a pretty picture and I'm telling you all to go vote for it on some random site... this is us working together to promote nerddom by winning Miss America! All I'm asking is permission to carry out this thread to completion.

*Puss in boots from Shrek kitten eyes* Please?
* www.twitter.com/AnnaProsser * www.facebook.com/AnnaProsser * www.twitch.tv/AnnaProsser * www.youtube.com/annaprossertv *
uNcontroLable
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1180 Posts
January 20 2010 22:55 GMT
#204
On January 21 2010 02:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2010 02:12 LaLuSh wrote:
She could still put it in a blog, couldn't she hotbid?

Or are these voting threads hence-on banned from all sub-forums?

All voting threads are banned on every forum, unless of course the vote is related to StarCraft.


Man, that's a bummer. I really like voting threads! Am I the only one? Seems harmless to me if they're in blogs. Those aren't really there for discussion value anyway. Am I alone on this?
* www.twitter.com/AnnaProsser * www.facebook.com/AnnaProsser * www.twitch.tv/AnnaProsser * www.youtube.com/annaprossertv *
EcterA
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States949 Posts
January 20 2010 23:12 GMT
#205
Voted, this is where we are:
1128 (4.81%)

gogo TL!
Belano
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden657 Posts
January 20 2010 23:20 GMT
#206
Voted!

btw: Wisconsin 3139 (13.37%) O.o
Bring back 1 supply roaches.
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
January 20 2010 23:22 GMT
#207
1134 (4.83%)

gogo
cw)minsean(ru
Tippereth
Profile Joined December 2009
United States252 Posts
January 20 2010 23:24 GMT
#208
On January 21 2010 07:55 uNcontroLable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2010 02:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
On January 21 2010 02:12 LaLuSh wrote:
She could still put it in a blog, couldn't she hotbid?

Or are these voting threads hence-on banned from all sub-forums?

All voting threads are banned on every forum, unless of course the vote is related to StarCraft.


Man, that's a bummer. I really like voting threads! Am I the only one? Seems harmless to me if they're in blogs. Those aren't really there for discussion value anyway. Am I alone on this?

It seems like it should be permissible in blogs to me as well. Still, TL's management is pretty strict.
Monsen
Profile Joined December 2002
Germany2548 Posts
January 21 2010 00:00 GMT
#209
On January 21 2010 07:55 uNcontroLable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2010 02:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
On January 21 2010 02:12 LaLuSh wrote:
She could still put it in a blog, couldn't she hotbid?

Or are these voting threads hence-on banned from all sub-forums?

All voting threads are banned on every forum, unless of course the vote is related to StarCraft.


Man, that's a bummer. I really like voting threads! Am I the only one? Seems harmless to me if they're in blogs. Those aren't really there for discussion value anyway. Am I alone on this?


Nah, I'm with you on this- makes me proud to see TL own the occasional online poll. However I'm sure the mods have their reasons to ban them- I just wish they'd clarify.
11 years and counting- TL #680
[-Bluewolf-]
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States609 Posts
January 21 2010 00:02 GMT
#210
On January 21 2010 09:00 Monsen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2010 07:55 uNcontroLable wrote:
On January 21 2010 02:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
On January 21 2010 02:12 LaLuSh wrote:
She could still put it in a blog, couldn't she hotbid?

Or are these voting threads hence-on banned from all sub-forums?

All voting threads are banned on every forum, unless of course the vote is related to StarCraft.


Man, that's a bummer. I really like voting threads! Am I the only one? Seems harmless to me if they're in blogs. Those aren't really there for discussion value anyway. Am I alone on this?


Nah, I'm with you on this- makes me proud to see TL own the occasional online poll. However I'm sure the mods have their reasons to ban them- I just wish they'd clarify.


They clarified things a bit more on the topic I created for the issue: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=110448
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.
Sulli
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada236 Posts
January 21 2010 00:57 GMT
#211
Voted. Devoting time in Kenya for World Hope?

That's enough reason for me to vote. Oh and she has a great smile too.
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
January 21 2010 01:00 GMT
#212
On January 21 2010 07:55 uNcontroLable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2010 02:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
On January 21 2010 02:12 LaLuSh wrote:
She could still put it in a blog, couldn't she hotbid?

Or are these voting threads hence-on banned from all sub-forums?

All voting threads are banned on every forum, unless of course the vote is related to StarCraft.


Man, that's a bummer. I really like voting threads! Am I the only one? Seems harmless to me if they're in blogs. Those aren't really there for discussion value anyway. Am I alone on this?


+1 but TL mods DO have valid reasons, sadly it seems that decision won't change for the time being (if ever, barring the exceptions of course).
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
January 21 2010 01:13 GMT
#213
Voted...but damn, New Hampshire is kicking ass...
Hello
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
January 21 2010 01:20 GMT
#214
Voted. Best of luck to her!
[TLMS] REBOOT
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
January 21 2010 01:27 GMT
#215
On January 21 2010 07:54 uNcontroLable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2010 06:46 Pokebunny wrote:
On January 21 2010 05:59 Slow Motion wrote:
What if you could get Miss Oregon to wear a starcraft themed swimsuit?


I think if she/unc contributed something to TL in return it might be more acceptable. Maybe mods could consider that?



I will check with CC and get back, but what if the reward for getting CC into the finals was a picture of her in swimsuit competition, autographed "With love to all the hottest nerds on the planet at Teamliquid" or "Teamliquid hwaiting, love Miss Oregon" or something like that? Maybe even her holding an I love TL sign or something? Would THAT make it worth our while? Cause seriously she loves you guys. This isn't just my friend who drew a pretty picture and I'm telling you all to go vote for it on some random site... this is us working together to promote nerddom by winning Miss America! All I'm asking is permission to carry out this thread to completion.

*Puss in boots from Shrek kitten eyes* Please?


That was somewhat what I was thinking. At least in this way we have TL getting something from it, rather than random idiots making vote threads for whatever they want.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Sulli
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada236 Posts
January 21 2010 02:22 GMT
#216
I think a way to go about it is to actually present her to us. I mean, you said you're her marketing manager, so why not actually sell her to us. That way, the votes would come from actual support, rather than from an explanation on how to click on a link. To add, some people do feel guilty for randomly voting and skewing internet polls.

Put up some pictures/videos of her with some description of what she's done in the past, what she aspires to accomplish and what exactly it is that you see in her that makes her great. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. In that sense, pictures in the OP will give her a face and give people a sense of what they're voting for.

Even though I've never been to Oregon, there's nothing wrong with supporting someone who I think is a genuinely nice person. However, all I know about her is the short paragraph in the OP and the 20sec video.

In terms of the actual vote, I'd like to have voted out of "genuine support for Miss Oregon," rather than "showing that TL has influence on the internet."

Even though the online component is pretty much a popularity contest it can be unfair to others that don't post on large closely knit community like TL. But if Miss Oregon receives adequate spotlight and TL actually think she's cool, I think all the votes can be justified. Of course, a pic with a TL message would be icing on the cake.
PokePill
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-21 02:51:47
January 21 2010 02:48 GMT
#217
this is despicable, you want us to cheat and rig a contest

then you bribe us with swimsuit pics

you want us to rob a contest from someone who's probably more deserving and sacrificed a lot more than miss oregon

this is truly despicable, in the future I would suggest using different language then basically telling us
but if that's too much and you just wanna click click and be done with it, go here: http://www.greentwithtamara.com/vote/ and vote for OREGON!


and you just like the fact that Team Liquid can pwn any online voting system ever made...also read on.


This girl is special guys... with the opportunities that crown would give her, she would make such a difference in so many lives. While most of the other contestants were spending their last few days getting manicures and finalizing their wardrobe, CC Barber was in Kenya with World Hope, giving medical care to infants and families in poverty


You are right, no one else would make any difference. It's not like Miss Kentucky had to overcome her parents being murdered, or miss Virginia growing up homeless and in poverty, or Miss Peurto Rico spending 4 years in 3rd world countries making a real difference.

I hope you sleep well at night.
Mickey
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2606 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-21 02:53:28
January 21 2010 02:50 GMT
#218
I completely agree with what Hot Bid and the other MODS have decided.
edit
pokepill pretty much summed up what I really wanted to say.
errol1001
Profile Joined April 2008
454 Posts
January 21 2010 03:15 GMT
#219
Yep, Go look in blogs a couple days back for one from a guy with 88 posts, who worked for a charity, and thinks that we should all vote for his charity... The posters may explain why it's a 'good cause', but don't ever seem to explain why their one is more deserving than all the others. Which makes sense, it's just a vote grab.

There may be the argument that to win these things is impossible without cheating, because everyone else is cheating, but this still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
January 21 2010 03:17 GMT
#220
I posted this in my livestream many, many times. Hopefully got it a couple hundred votes (also posted it on facebook and twitter). I am only one man though

Note: I live in Oregon, so would want her to win under just about any circumstance
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 568
ProTech139
UpATreeSC 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18833
Calm 3596
Mini 441
Mind 79
910 65
soO 38
Trap 31
Aegong 24
Dota 2
Gorgc6061
canceldota58
Counter-Strike
fl0m6410
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3361
Other Games
FrodaN775
Beastyqt537
Liquid`Hasu299
Khaldor232
Livibee200
C9.Mang0160
IndyStarCraft 89
ZombieGrub85
QueenE64
MindelVK14
BRAT_OK 13
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 19
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2570
• WagamamaTV279
League of Legends
• Nemesis1733
Other Games
• imaqtpie861
• Shiphtur733
• Scarra306
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 50m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 50m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.