• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:49
CEST 20:49
KST 03:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12190 users

What did you accomplish/learn in 2009?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
December 31 2009 16:09 GMT
#1
With the influx of "OMG DA YEAR ENDED" threads, I thought it necessary to include one of my own. What did you manage to accomplish for yourself in 2009? What life lesson did you realize last year? It can be real life OR TL/BW related. I think this is a good way to reflect on all of the positive.

For me:

- Got a job that I love with good pay.
- Learned I can love again even after loss.
- Finally met TLers at my first LAN
- Found out rap isn't as bad as I thought it was.
- 2000 worthless posts.
- More than one way to cross the cliff.
- Went from D- Zerg player to D Terran player.

2009 was pretty slow for me. A lot better than 2008 though. What about you?
Chains none
airtown
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States410 Posts
December 31 2009 16:13 GMT
#2
doing nothing is a good skill toi have.
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010430/northwoods.pdf
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
December 31 2009 16:21 GMT
#3
the fist thing that comes to mind is going from a D+ Z players to a C level P player. but is that really an accomplishment?
Dwell
h3r1n6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Iceland2039 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-31 16:30:27
December 31 2009 16:30 GMT
#4
On January 01 2010 01:21 TryThis wrote:
the fist thing that comes to mind is going from a D+ Z players to a C level P player. but is that really an accomplishment?


It's pretty much the same.



I made good progress in my studies, ran a marathon, founded a band and got a lot better at tf2
DownMaxX
Profile Joined August 2008
Canada1311 Posts
December 31 2009 16:33 GMT
#5
Life lesson:

It's so easy to cruise through your first year of university doing no work or studying, but second year will fucking own you.
parasite
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-31 16:42:07
December 31 2009 16:41 GMT
#6
On January 01 2010 01:33 DownMaxX wrote:
Life lesson:

It's so easy to cruise through your first year of university doing no work or studying, but second year will fucking own you.

Oh my god this is what's happening to me!!!

My list:
- Learned a LOT more about girls and life.
- Got into a suitable university.
- Got to 2k post on TL by doing nothing.

The last 7 years have been kinda sucky, in 2010 I'll start brand new!

edit: 2222th post!
ilistis
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States828 Posts
December 31 2009 16:48 GMT
#7
2009 has probably been the most important year of my life so far. I'm 16 and I have a lot to go but I have matured to such a level that I look back and wonder what kind of a little kid i was. This may seem a little hard to believe but I accept the responsibilities that are given to me at this age.

Did accomplish anything?Yes.

-I lost 40 pound by exercising.
-I have started running and can do 6 miles.
-My grades went up this year and I have good classes this year.
-I got myself a gf. ^.^
-I despise my religion.
-I'm doing this course after school that will allow me work as a medica assistant next year.

All in all, a great year.
"The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."-William Faulkner *_*_*_Kolll FAN_*_*_*
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
December 31 2009 16:49 GMT
#8
On January 01 2010 01:48 ilistis wrote:
2009 has probably been the most important year of my life so far. I'm 16 and I have a lot to go but I have matured to such a level that I look back and wonder what kind of a little kid i was. This may seem a little hard to believe but I accept the responsibilities that are given to me at this age.

Did accomplish anything?Yes.

-I lost 40 pound by exercising.
-I have started running and can do 6 miles.
-My grades went up this year and I have good classes this year.
-I got myself a gf. ^.^
-I despise my religion.
-I'm doing this course after school that will allow me work as a medica assistant next year.

All in all, a great year.


That's awesome man. You know people say this a lot but if I could rewind to when I was 16 I would do shit so differently T_T. I didnt even want to WALK 6 miles when I was that age, rofl
Chains none
Monsen
Profile Joined December 2002
Germany2548 Posts
December 31 2009 17:02 GMT
#9
I learned that humanity is too dumb/shortsighted/self centered to save it's own ass (or at least it's current lifestyles etc.). Kopenhagen *rolleyes*.

Btw I wonder why there was no thread (was there?) about Chinas de facto blockade of the whole event. Oh well... :/
11 years and counting- TL #680
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
December 31 2009 17:08 GMT
#10
"doing nothing is a skill to have" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
December 31 2009 17:10 GMT
#11
On January 01 2010 01:33 DownMaxX wrote:
Life lesson:

It's so easy to cruise through your first year of university doing no work or studying, but second year will fucking own you.

damnit
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
December 31 2009 17:17 GMT
#12
On January 01 2010 02:02 Monsen wrote:
I learned that humanity is too dumb/shortsighted/self centered to save it's own ass (or at least it's current lifestyles etc.). Kopenhagen *rolleyes*.

Btw I wonder why there was no thread (was there?) about Chinas de facto blockade of the whole event. Oh well... :/



wtf?
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
UFO
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
582 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-31 17:58:23
December 31 2009 17:22 GMT
#13
I learned most important characteristics about concept, any concept, like ie their motivational ( and not only ) energy spin, the constant about their relations to belief system, non-existance of two totally indepndent concepts, words symbolical-logical relation or lack of to priority concepts and hierarchical structure of concepts, ie there are always priority concepts that create the subsets of thereof. This is related to theorems and theorem-word maths.

This is actually , I believe , one of the most profound and important discoveries for humanity, as it lets the individual to master the differing skill and to deduce truth - or at least deduce the lack of information needed to deduce it, instead of making false assumptions - in any situation , related to anything .

I believe I received help through non-traditional means but anyways .... too bad I cannot publish it and even if I ever will, I most propably won`t do it by my real name . Good to at least post a shell of it here.



AH and :

Almost totally cured myself from OCD , in addition learned what exactly causes it and how to fix it in a rather short time , without lying to oneself as it is required in the exposing-behavioral teraphy, in a way that is not only coherent to oneself`s sense of truth but also helps to learn about it and learn a lot about human instrument with its emotional and belief systems. This is a discovery too, as there was no 'cure' for OCD , more or less just methods which psychology tried to use as equivalents of cure.


Also learned ways to learn school stuff like 2-3 times faster and memorize it all almost perfectly, without even trying too much. Its just ways to learn, anyone can do it.
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
December 31 2009 17:24 GMT
#14
I predict many, many posts with lists that are something like this:

1) Got a totally bomb job
2) Got a totally bomb GF
3) Got totally bomb grades

My predictions aside, in 2009 I...

1) Kept my totally bomb job
2) Kept my totally bomb partner
3) Totally bombed my grades

Happy 2010!
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-31 17:51:37
December 31 2009 17:46 GMT
#15
On January 01 2010 02:08 NiGoL wrote:
"doing nothing is a skill to have" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!


On January 01 2010 02:17 NiGoL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2010 02:02 Monsen wrote:
I learned that humanity is too dumb/shortsighted/self centered to save it's own ass (or at least it's current lifestyles etc.). Kopenhagen *rolleyes*.

Btw I wonder why there was no thread (was there?) about Chinas de facto blockade of the whole event. Oh well... :/



wtf?



Not to be a complete asshole but stop shitting up my thread with this stuff Every post I've ever seen from you is LOL or some other one word comment. (edit: seriously go do a search for "lol" posted by Nigol) Why don't you try actually replying instead of this? You make me sad, bro.

also sorry to mods if this is backseat moderating but i'm getting sick of it ;_;

Chains none
NoeNoe
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands76 Posts
December 31 2009 17:47 GMT
#16
Lost 25 kilo this year.
I worked and saved alot of money.
Made new friends.
Improved my pokerplay / Earnings.
Went to Blizzcon and had vacation in the usa!

2010 is gonne get even better because i have a sc2betakey!!!
geegee1
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States618 Posts
December 31 2009 17:55 GMT
#17
i have totally did nothing with my stupid life. go me
pew pew
iNfeRnaL *
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Germany1908 Posts
December 31 2009 18:22 GMT
#18
Got top48 in a TSL once again!11
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
December 31 2009 18:36 GMT
#19
On January 01 2010 03:22 iNfeRnaL wrote:
Got top48 in a TSL once again!11


haha lol?
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
Ricjames
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Czech Republic1047 Posts
December 31 2009 18:49 GMT
#20
this year looked promising at the beginning but ended up badly, so now i am touching the bottom so have to work on it to make 2010 promising again..
2009 accomplishments:
broke up with GF
got job that i thought is ok, but it sux
loan money - worst thing you can ever do
quit working out
drank as much vodka as any good russian drinker
Brood War is the best RTS that has ever been created.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1174
TKL 409
IndyStarCraft 278
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1174
ByuN 482
TKL 409
IndyStarCraft 297
Reynor 219
EmSc Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29253
Calm 2528
Shuttle 362
Mini 172
White-Ra 127
firebathero 95
Mong 59
scan(afreeca) 18
soO 13
Sacsri 6
[ Show more ]
ZZZero.O 0
Dota 2
Gorgc9766
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3599
Liquid`Hasu478
MindelVK7
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2280
fl0m2232
FrodaN1710
olofmeister825
B2W.Neo798
summit1g575
Khaldor448
Beastyqt294
crisheroes185
Livibee164
Mew2King70
ToD58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick461
BasetradeTV189
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 10
EmSc2Tv 10
angryscii 9
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 35
• Adnapsc2 12
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach49
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• blackmanpl 17
• 80smullet 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV599
Other Games
• imaqtpie1127
• Shiphtur697
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
11m
BSL Open Qualifier
11m
OSC
4h 11m
Replay Cast
4h 11m
OSC
17h 11m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.