• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:41
CEST 12:41
KST 19:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9017 users

[Guide] Counter-Trolling - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
September 23 2009 04:14 GMT
#41
Overpower: The Vigilante aggressively takes on the topic that the troll brings up, pulling up the assets of his mind, any nearby textbooks, or Wikipedia, and challenges the troll’s mastery of the topic, attempting to make him look like a fool in the process.

I thought that was the goal of trolling. To get people riled up and fool them into thinking you're serious so that they waste their time actually trying to refute you.

This message brought to you by:

LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-23 04:49:18
September 23 2009 04:47 GMT
#42
Licmyobelisk was just temp banned for 2 days by Manifesto7.

That account was created on 2008-08-27 12:34:23 and had 655 posts.

Reason: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=101380

If you dont like a thread, dont read, dont post.


failed attempt at being Vigilante

edit:
On September 23 2009 13:06 micronesia wrote:
Caller, I'm glad to see that you made such a detailed guide which will most likely prove useful to many forum goers here.

The community should really thank you by collectively writing a new guide titled: [G] How to go at least 1-10 vs micronesia in tvp.


Wow! personal attackkkuuuuu!!!

Nice guide, something I kinda like to do at times except for the fact that some of the counter-troll style has been detected by the mods.
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
September 23 2009 04:49 GMT
#43
On September 23 2009 12:29 mahnini wrote:
tl;dr


I see what you did there.

10/5 thread
Writer
MorningMusume11
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3490 Posts
September 23 2009 05:38 GMT
#44
omnipost got my attention lol
Harcourt
Profile Joined February 2009
United States20 Posts
September 23 2009 05:52 GMT
#45
Don't feed the trolls, seriously.

The best way to counter a troll is to ignore it.

This is the only way to counter a troll. (besides banhammer ofc.)
This is more than a passing feeling.
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
September 23 2009 06:05 GMT
#46
lol. 5/5 would read again.
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
September 23 2009 07:59 GMT
#47
oh my god chef that was rofl sup?
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-23 10:21:35
September 23 2009 10:20 GMT
#48
I think I'm the best troll here

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=85372

remember?


or this one

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=86896
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
pokermuscle.com
Profile Joined September 2009
4 Posts
September 23 2009 10:23 GMT
#49
This is very creative, good job for who ever created this
Neivler
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Norway911 Posts
September 23 2009 10:58 GMT
#50
On September 23 2009 07:29 Athos wrote:
Somebody's been playing a bit too much Final Fantasy.

That is imposible. You cant play to much final fantasy. And this player on the pic is a noob, dont even have 4xcut, lol!

[image loading]
I pwn noobs
hak
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
Sweden768 Posts
September 23 2009 11:33 GMT
#51
On September 23 2009 19:20 Zoler wrote:
I think I'm the best troll here

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=85372

remember?


or this one

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=86896


too bad you will get permbanned within a month due to poor post quality. it's really easy to see it coming

sorry to break it to you but you are too dumb to survive as a troll
Vex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Ireland454 Posts
September 23 2009 11:56 GMT
#52
you rock
"Bonjwa" is the most retarded word ever. Wtf does it even sound like.
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
September 23 2009 12:14 GMT
#53
On September 23 2009 09:31 redtooth wrote:
you used yourself as an example for counter-trolling...
lol


lol i was thinking the same thing
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
September 23 2009 13:24 GMT
#54
On September 23 2009 20:33 hak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2009 19:20 Zoler wrote:
I think I'm the best troll here

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=85372

remember?


or this one

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=86896


too bad you will get permbanned within a month due to poor post quality. it's really easy to see it coming

sorry to break it to you but you are too dumb to survive as a troll


I see you're a troll hunter
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
hak
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
Sweden768 Posts
September 23 2009 15:08 GMT
#55
On September 23 2009 22:24 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2009 20:33 hak wrote:
On September 23 2009 19:20 Zoler wrote:
I think I'm the best troll here

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=85372

remember?


or this one

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=86896


too bad you will get permbanned within a month due to poor post quality. it's really easy to see it coming

sorry to break it to you but you are too dumb to survive as a troll


I see you're a troll hunter


maybe i am but in this case im more like a douche hunter

i COULD hunt you down and destroy you as a troll hunter but as i said you are too stupid and easy to be worthy of that procedure
Aerox
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Malaysia1213 Posts
September 23 2009 15:27 GMT
#56
What is this? If you're combating the troll, you got trolled obviously.
"Eyes in the sky."
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
September 23 2009 16:35 GMT
#57
On September 24 2009 00:27 Aerox wrote:
What is this? If you're combating the troll, you got trolled obviously.

stop trolling my thread
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
MiniRoman
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Canada3953 Posts
September 23 2009 16:47 GMT
#58
Lol as I disapproved of Fanaticists guide I must approve of this one.

Both were lol though
Nak Allstar.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
September 23 2009 17:12 GMT
#59
Next guide: Counter-counter Trolling
POGGERS
XythOs
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
Germany520 Posts
September 23 2009 18:11 GMT
#60
What if a troll trolls a troll trolling a troll?
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko188
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24746
Calm 4300
Rain 2737
Hyuk 1524
Bisu 873
FanTaSy 563
Horang2 434
Soma 316
Jaedong 262
Rush 257
[ Show more ]
BeSt 238
Mong 201
Zeus 199
Stork 194
Mini 86
Larva 83
Mind 76
Pusan 72
Light 60
ZerO 57
Sexy 50
ToSsGirL 49
Barracks 47
Killer 36
910 35
Yoon 30
Shinee 30
NaDa 27
sorry 18
Free 17
Terrorterran 14
Hm[arnc] 13
Noble 13
Dota 2
Gorgc5618
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1116
byalli822
shoxiejesuss515
edward36
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King71
Other Games
gofns48943
singsing1483
dupreeh321
crisheroes260
ZerO(Twitch)4
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1805
• Stunt352
Other Games
• WagamamaTV29
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 19m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 19m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.