• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:01
CEST 08:01
KST 15:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7830 users

2009-2010 football (soccer) thread - Page 172

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 170 171 172 173 174 183 Next
Maenander
Profile Joined November 2002
Germany4927 Posts
May 16 2010 06:29 GMT
#3421
On May 16 2010 09:45 uberMatt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2010 04:50 Holgerius wrote:
If Inter wins tomorrow (I'll be very sad if they do ) then they will have gotten the double as well, and whoever wins the CL-final will have won the triple. That's quite a cool scenario given how rare the triple is.


same situation as 99, bad omens for bayern :D

also, the word treble is badass as fuck


If Mourinho wins this time, Abrahmovich will be really angry :D

Van Gaal said something like Mourinho's philosophy is more into destroying the game of the opposing team, while his is to play beautiful football and still win

I guess if Inter scores early, the game is over. But I hope for Bayern, and I think they have a chance, albeit slghtly below 50%..

Also "treble" is far from badass, just an unnecessary deformation of "triple". Ah, the english language and its quirks. Haha.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
May 16 2010 08:05 GMT
#3422
I really hope Ballack isn't seriously injured, he is fucking awesome. I have so much respect for him. When he's in form he can make every other player on the pitch, even the greatest world class players, seem like U-21 players, like little kids running around. It's unbelievable how majestic he is sometimes.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
May 16 2010 08:08 GMT
#3423
On May 16 2010 17:05 Holgerius wrote:
I really hope Ballack isn't seriously injured, he is fucking awesome. I have so much respect for him. When he's in form he can make every other player on the pitch, even the greatest world class players, seem like U-21 players, like little kids running around. It's unbelievable how majestic he is sometimes.


Yeah, he really is a personification of a Captain.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
May 16 2010 10:52 GMT
#3424
hm before his injury he was great at saving pk's too
guess I haven't seen it happen too much after that
Moderator
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
May 16 2010 10:54 GMT
#3425
Cech was top3 maybe even top goalkeeper in the world before his injury.

Even after his injury he's at least top10. Really bad luck with the injury.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
MooCow
Profile Joined September 2008
1434 Posts
May 16 2010 11:29 GMT
#3426
Ballack is great for Chelsea. There's talks about him going to a German club this summer but I do hope we sign him for another year or two and he retires in Chelsea.

Even though Ballack is probably past his best years, for Chelsea he's one of the players that covers the most distance which is amazing. He's really great at controlling the pace of a game and delivering some killer passes.

The most recent penalties that I can think of Cech saving were the Community shield, he saved 2 penalties from Giggs and someone else.
Making history not reliving it.
uberMatt
Profile Joined May 2004
Canada659 Posts
May 16 2010 11:32 GMT
#3427
On May 16 2010 15:29 Maenander wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2010 09:45 uberMatt wrote:
On May 16 2010 04:50 Holgerius wrote:
If Inter wins tomorrow (I'll be very sad if they do ) then they will have gotten the double as well, and whoever wins the CL-final will have won the triple. That's quite a cool scenario given how rare the triple is.


same situation as 99, bad omens for bayern :D

also, the word treble is badass as fuck


If Mourinho wins this time, Abrahmovich will be really angry :D

Van Gaal said something like Mourinho's philosophy is more into destroying the game of the opposing team, while his is to play beautiful football and still win

I guess if Inter scores early, the game is over. But I hope for Bayern, and I think they have a chance, albeit slghtly below 50%..

Also "treble" is far from badass, just an unnecessary deformation of "triple". Ah, the english language and its quirks. Haha.


thats not what treble is at all, friend
InFiNitY[pG]
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Germany3474 Posts
May 16 2010 12:38 GMT
#3428
Yesterday there was a pretty sick fact about Tim Wiese (Goalie of Werder Bremen). Within the last 2 years he saved 7 out of 10 penalties. That's so badass
"I just pressed stimpack, and somehow I won the battle" -Flash
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
May 16 2010 12:57 GMT
#3429
Btw can anyone tell me why football players get a yellow card if they take off their T-shirt after a goal celebration?

I mean this kind of rule must suck in world cups where two yellow cards = one game banned.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
Maenander
Profile Joined November 2002
Germany4927 Posts
May 16 2010 13:12 GMT
#3430
On May 16 2010 20:32 uberMatt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2010 15:29 Maenander wrote:
On May 16 2010 09:45 uberMatt wrote:
On May 16 2010 04:50 Holgerius wrote:
If Inter wins tomorrow (I'll be very sad if they do ) then they will have gotten the double as well, and whoever wins the CL-final will have won the triple. That's quite a cool scenario given how rare the triple is.


same situation as 99, bad omens for bayern :D

also, the word treble is badass as fuck


If Mourinho wins this time, Abrahmovich will be really angry :D

Van Gaal said something like Mourinho's philosophy is more into destroying the game of the opposing team, while his is to play beautiful football and still win

I guess if Inter scores early, the game is over. But I hope for Bayern, and I think they have a chance, albeit slghtly below 50%..

Also "treble" is far from badass, just an unnecessary deformation of "triple". Ah, the english language and its quirks. Haha.


thats not what treble is at all, friend

It stems from Old French treble, from Latin triplus.
Look it up anywhere --
But let's not talk about semantics here
MooCow
Profile Joined September 2008
1434 Posts
May 16 2010 13:32 GMT
#3431
On May 16 2010 21:57 SuperArc wrote:
Btw can anyone tell me why football players get a yellow card if they take off their T-shirt after a goal celebration?

I mean this kind of rule must suck in world cups where two yellow cards = one game banned.

I've heard this discussed a lot and I can't remember the answer but I think there were 2 reasons.

It's a bookable offence because you're taking a piece of your footballing kit off. The other reason I heard was that because of the flesh showing, some countries doesn't like that etc, so they are booked to try and stop that.

I think it's a silly rule though but if taking off your shirt and celebrating causes fans to cause riots or w/e I can see their reason trying to stop it but most celebrations like this are just done for celebrating purposes.
Making history not reliving it.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
May 16 2010 13:49 GMT
#3432
My nerves can't handle this shit...
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
May 16 2010 13:57 GMT
#3433
On May 16 2010 22:49 Holgerius wrote:
My nerves can't handle this shit...


Roma has done their job, now its all about Inter.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
economist_
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Vietnam719 Posts
May 16 2010 14:01 GMT
#3434
what is the score of Chievo Roma now?
Economics forecast assumes everything, except responsibilities
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-16 14:05:11
May 16 2010 14:04 GMT
#3435
Roma are up 2-0. That will not matter if Inter scores though.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
economist_
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Vietnam719 Posts
May 16 2010 14:30 GMT
#3436
Its over
Economics forecast assumes everything, except responsibilities
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
May 16 2010 14:30 GMT
#3437
And Militio scored. :o
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
May 16 2010 15:02 GMT
#3438


Goddamnit, just like 2 years ago; Roma makes an epic comeback in the league, are champions with 45 minutes left to play and then... 2nd place. For the 6th time in the last decade. Totti deserves so much more.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
economist_
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Vietnam719 Posts
May 16 2010 15:16 GMT
#3439
They are now just in the situation of Inter before the scandal. I believe it was even more painful for Inter. Anyway, thanks for keeping serieA alive until the last round...and there is always next time...

Cant wait for the CL final... Is it the first time it is held on Saturday? I dont remember any CL finals taking place during the weekend
Economics forecast assumes everything, except responsibilities
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33707 Posts
May 16 2010 15:31 GMT
#3440
On May 17 2010 00:02 Holgerius wrote:


Goddamnit, just like 2 years ago; Roma makes an epic comeback in the league, are champions with 45 minutes left to play and then... 2nd place. For the 6th time in the last decade. Totti deserves so much more.


a world cup call-up at least =o
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Prev 1 170 171 172 173 174 183 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4723
Leta 1719
Shuttle 697
Shine 42
ZergMaN 20
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm227
League of Legends
JimRising 630
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King39
Other Games
summit1g7628
WinterStarcraft628
Sick161
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick490
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1419
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2177
League of Legends
• Lourlo1054
• Rush885
Other Games
• Shiphtur486
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 59m
Patches Events
8h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 59m
OSC
16h 59m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.