• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:50
CEST 20:50
KST 03:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12008 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 43

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 248 Next
AimlessAmoeba
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada704 Posts
October 06 2011 14:07 GMT
#841
On October 06 2011 22:59 rebuffering wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 22:20 Ighox wrote:
On October 06 2011 12:02 rebuffering wrote:
On October 06 2011 09:17 Raisauce wrote:
30gb download? Most Canadians have a monthly limit of 60gb. That's ridiculous....ah jeez.


so true, i really hope its not actually a 30gb dload lol Also, it sayd from oct.7-10. do we only get 3 days to test? or are we getting the chance to test each weekend?

Just this weekend, and yes it's a 30gb download.


Thanks, and ya ive dloaded about 16gb so far, my god, it sucks tho, im afraid to even start sc2 or something in case it crashes, cuz i actually cant re-download all this shit again, it will cost me too much money.



Such a joy living in Canada as a gamer, eh?
CounterOrder
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada457 Posts
October 06 2011 15:15 GMT
#842
Ive never heard of a download limit and i have cheap internet.
Nightsz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada398 Posts
October 06 2011 20:08 GMT
#843
god man, took me 2 days and night to download this thing. NON STOP
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
October 06 2011 20:25 GMT
#844
On October 07 2011 05:08 Nightsz wrote:
god man, took me 2 days and night to download this thing. NON STOP


Sounds like those poor hamsters need a break.
cyberspace
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada955 Posts
October 06 2011 20:40 GMT
#845
I got into the previous wave of invites. Lost all interest in it, so I gave the account info to a friend. I just got asked to test this weekend again. 30 GB dl definitely won't help change my mind either. FUCK THAT, that's almost a third of my monthly cap.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
October 06 2011 20:48 GMT
#846
On October 07 2011 05:40 cyberspace wrote:
I got into the previous wave of invites. Lost all interest in it, so I gave the account info to a friend. I just got asked to test this weekend again. 30 GB dl definitely won't help change my mind either. FUCK THAT, that's almost a third of my monthly cap.


May I ask what it is you didn't like about it? Are you still planning to purchase the full game?
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
cyberspace
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada955 Posts
October 06 2011 21:18 GMT
#847
I guess I just don't enjoy MMO's in general anymore. I don't think I was ever planning on buying it. :p
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
October 06 2011 21:31 GMT
#848
WoW with a Star Wars Skin.
@ggmonx
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
October 06 2011 21:55 GMT
#849
On October 07 2011 06:31 monx wrote:
WoW with a Star Wars Skin.


Maybe the buttons and hotkeys is in a WoW esque style, but you can't tell me that the questing is any where near the same as WoWs. It has to have way better story and questing experience just because of the fact that it's Bioware making the game.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
October 06 2011 22:02 GMT
#850
On October 07 2011 05:40 cyberspace wrote:
I got into the previous wave of invites. Lost all interest in it, so I gave the account info to a friend. I just got asked to test this weekend again. 30 GB dl definitely won't help change my mind either. FUCK THAT, that's almost a third of my monthly cap.


I'll take it
When I think of something else, something will go here
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 22:19:04
October 06 2011 22:17 GMT
#851
My prediction on this game is that it will have incredible bioware story up until you hit the endgame, at which point it will fall apart entirely with next to no fun content. So a great game for the first month or so, and then not worth playing over other MMOs on the market right now.

With that in mind I'll be waiting for it to have some massive sale on the initial-cost, and then I'll play it through like a multi-player KotOR, hopefully finishing before I hit needing to pay for a second month.

I simply can't see them sustaining what people like about bioware games for longer then the initial leveling path, after which I believe it will simply fall apart very similar to age of conan end-game.


edit:
don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE for this to be a sustained bioware RPG experience with consistant monthly or so story updates to keep you going. I'd be singing this game's praises if it can deliver that, but I'm more than a little doubtful that it can provide that.
KingLori
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany187 Posts
October 06 2011 22:21 GMT
#852
The game is so awesome, the new build has fixed nearly every major problem the game had. I hope they got enough endgame content.
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
October 06 2011 23:09 GMT
#853
So i finally finished downloading, my Star Wars folder says its 21.4 GB. I dont know why it was asking for 30gb of free space when it only downloads 21.4, but w/e, saved me another 8 hours of downloading, now i can play sc2 til tomorow night when the servers are open! sweet!!! GG GL!
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
October 07 2011 01:19 GMT
#854
On October 07 2011 08:09 rebuffering wrote:
So i finally finished downloading, my Star Wars folder says its 21.4 GB. I dont know why it was asking for 30gb of free space when it only downloads 21.4, but w/e, saved me another 8 hours of downloading, now i can play sc2 til tomorow night when the servers are open! sweet!!! GG GL!


So jealous I wish I could get in grrrr SO BM BIOWARE!
When I think of something else, something will go here
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
October 07 2011 02:34 GMT
#855
On October 07 2011 07:17 Shiladie wrote:
My prediction on this game is that it will have incredible bioware story up until you hit the endgame, at which point it will fall apart entirely with next to no fun content. So a great game for the first month or so, and then not worth playing over other MMOs on the market right now.

With that in mind I'll be waiting for it to have some massive sale on the initial-cost, and then I'll play it through like a multi-player KotOR, hopefully finishing before I hit needing to pay for a second month.

I simply can't see them sustaining what people like about bioware games for longer then the initial leveling path, after which I believe it will simply fall apart very similar to age of conan end-game.


edit:
don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE for this to be a sustained bioware RPG experience with consistant monthly or so story updates to keep you going. I'd be singing this game's praises if it can deliver that, but I'm more than a little doubtful that it can provide that.


Does the story have to continue into endgame? I'll play endgame if the content is a challenge. I don't need much of a story revolving around it. The fact that leveling up will be an amazing story experience is enough for me. Once I'm at endgame quests don't mean as much to me. Could just be me I suppose.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
October 07 2011 02:49 GMT
#856
I don't see why there can't be good end game content in this game, I feel like the star wars universe could have some pretty epic creatures/bosses to kill... just like a fantasy universe like guild wars could have.. , have we seen reason to believe there won't be?
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Darpa
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada4413 Posts
October 07 2011 03:06 GMT
#857
World PVP is pretty much all that I pray for.
"losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 03:11:07
October 07 2011 03:10 GMT
#858
On October 07 2011 12:06 Darpa wrote:
World PVP is pretty much all that I pray for.


Something like the Guild Wars 2 World vs World PvP announced? Or you have something different in mind, like the WoW pvp servers?
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 20:49:52
October 07 2011 05:25 GMT
#859
On October 07 2011 10:19 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2011 08:09 rebuffering wrote:
So i finally finished downloading, my Star Wars folder says its 21.4 GB. I dont know why it was asking for 30gb of free space when it only downloads 21.4, but w/e, saved me another 8 hours of downloading, now i can play sc2 til tomorow night when the servers are open! sweet!!! GG GL!


So jealous I wish I could get in grrrr SO BM BIOWARE!


if its any consolation, i preety much killed my monthly cap right now, and im preety much stuck with not watching or downloading anything else lol i can ladder a lot, but i mean, id like to watch some tv shows, lol kinda screwed now. It would be more worth it if we had more than 3 days to play the beta. Cause as it is, im going to have stay up like 60 hrs straight just to make downloading that much for a game worth it.
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
Raisauce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada864 Posts
October 08 2011 04:46 GMT
#860
On October 07 2011 12:10 BlueBird. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2011 12:06 Darpa wrote:
World PVP is pretty much all that I pray for.


Something like the Guild Wars 2 World vs World PvP announced? Or you have something different in mind, like the WoW pvp servers?


WoW world PvP was a joke. World PvP should be like UO, where there are consequences for leaving major cities/towns. Unfortunately all the major gaming companies want to satisfy casual gamers.
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1174
TKL 409
IndyStarCraft 278
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1174
ByuN 482
TKL 409
IndyStarCraft 278
Reynor 237
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29253
Calm 2528
Shuttle 362
Mini 172
White-Ra 144
firebathero 95
Mong 59
scan(afreeca) 18
soO 13
Sacsri 6
[ Show more ]
ZZZero.O 4
Dota 2
Gorgc11268
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3599
Liquid`Hasu490
MindelVK7
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2321
fl0m2091
FrodaN1737
summit1g1022
olofmeister842
B2W.Neo788
Khaldor448
Beastyqt294
crisheroes169
Livibee164
Mew2King72
ToD58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick461
BasetradeTV180
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
angryscii 10
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach57
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• blackmanpl 22
• 80smullet 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV589
Other Games
• imaqtpie1174
• Shiphtur606
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
10m
BSL Open Qualifier
10m
OSC
4h 10m
Replay Cast
4h 10m
OSC
17h 10m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.