• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:15
CEST 15:15
KST 22:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12699 users

The PlayStation 5 - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 41 Next All
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
September 17 2020 01:19 GMT
#101
so far every site linked in the tweet is down or sold out. I am very, very sad panda
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
September 17 2020 01:28 GMT
#102
got gamestop to work.
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
September 17 2020 01:42 GMT
#103
[image loading]
Got it through Gamestop.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
September 17 2020 12:02 GMT
#104
I definitely took sony at their word, and didn't try to preorder because I thought there would be an actual fucking schedule and announcement. Fuck me I guess
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
September 17 2020 12:13 GMT
#105
Yeah I’m pissed, I never succeeded in getting a preorder through and I was going through every retailer listed. I despise cart checkout systems lol

At least you had luck, ZerO
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
September 17 2020 12:53 GMT
#106
I wouldn't really call dropping 832 luck, farva haha. I was refreshing gamestop and BB like every 5-10 seconds for an hour. Especially gamestop once I got in.

I hear a lot of retailers are going to open them back up, so keep looking around and trying. I'd rather get the standard edition because I have no need for 2 controllers atm. If I could trade it for a game, that would be stellar.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
September 17 2020 12:59 GMT
#107
Yea i'd really only want controller, MAYBE charge station, spiderman, console
No need for PSN, a second controller, or that other game personally
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
September 17 2020 17:54 GMT
#108
Has anyone had any luck so far today?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
September 17 2020 19:06 GMT
#109
Nope, nothing offered any time I’ve been checking
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
September 17 2020 19:10 GMT
#110
Shit. I hope you guys are able to get one. Getting back into console gaming would be fun. I also need them to release that list of NVME M.2 SSDs that can be installed.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
September 17 2020 20:12 GMT
#111
I might stop trying for a while and see. It won't kill me to not have it at launch, I have plenty of stuff to play in the meantime
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51695 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-17 21:31:58
September 17 2020 21:31 GMT
#112
here in australia; pre-ordered directly from sony. listed my old ps4 pro on ebay and hoping prices don't plummet.
Commentator
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-17 22:07:02
September 17 2020 22:05 GMT
#113
Was hoping it would have real backwards compatibility, but it just looks like you have to pay for a subscription service to have temporary access to some PS4 games. Eh.

Also sucks to see how little clarity was given to actually nabbing a preorder for folks who were looking for one, it feels like the kind of thing where the bots and scalpers get way way ahead of people who actually wanted the thing. Hope folks are still able to get them before long.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
September 17 2020 22:11 GMT
#114
It does have backward compatibility? Not sure what you mean

I fully intend to save a couple games and play them on the ps5 assuming I can get one in a timely fashion
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-17 23:03:29
September 17 2020 23:02 GMT
#115
I'm pretty sure it has true backwards compatibility. Buy a PS4 disc plop it in and it'll work. Pretty nice because you should be able to pick up cheapo games for 5-15$ as time goes on. Though tbh most of the games you'll want seems like they'll be added to PS+

Preorder experience was terrible. I managed to snag one off of Sam's Club just because I was spam refreshing the PS5 subreddit. I recommend keeping on eye on that, specifically new/rising, for a chanc.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
September 17 2020 23:04 GMT
#116
The Amazon app is supposed to send me a push notification when the preorder gets more units, but I have little faith in that
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
September 17 2020 23:08 GMT
#117
I just checked gamestop and bb and still nothing on their sites. Haven't tried target. And I don't think it was bots or scalpers that took all of the immediate pre-orders. I think it was the retailers listing them too soon and not waiting for today. They screwed everyone over on that. But I feel the pain of those Sony said would have emails sent to preorder and they can't get them at the moment.

*stares at my bundle wantingly*
seemsgood
Profile Joined January 2016
5527 Posts
September 17 2020 23:16 GMT
#118
i dont know kev...
i dont think 400$ digital edition is a good long term deal because sony just confirmed next gen games will cost 70$...
which is fucking nonsense and i refuse to pay one singe penny unless all next gen games comes with full DLC and no other bullshits
one could count on CD projeckt or sony exclusive studios but besides that ? things look pretty gloomy for next gen gaming tho
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27448 Posts
September 17 2020 23:25 GMT
#119
Does it have PS2 backward compatibility though? For me that’s crucial as my collection is gathering dust otherwise
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
September 17 2020 23:42 GMT
#120
Unless there is an emulator in there, I highly doubt it. You've got 3 generations of different system architecture to muddle through to make it work. That's why they haven't done it for the PS4 to PS3. The PS3 had backwards compat for a limited time and the prices for those were insane (think I paid 600 for a backwards compat PS3).
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 232
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings118
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko345
SHIN 232
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41706
Bisu 2290
Shuttle 1837
Hyuk 1686
EffOrt 423
Soma 413
Larva 406
Mini 378
ZerO 301
firebathero 224
[ Show more ]
Last 113
hero 93
Leta 82
Zeus 71
Pusan 58
Trap 50
Sexy 48
Hyun 48
Hm[arnc] 40
Killer 39
Bale 38
ToSsGirL 27
Aegong 25
PianO 23
zelot 23
sorry 17
yabsab 13
Noble 12
JulyZerg 10
Rock 6
Sacsri 6
Icarus 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5006
qojqva1434
Dendi943
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor893
crisheroes743
Liquid`Hasu111
Other Games
gofns40541
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1180
Happy269
DeMusliM241
Livibee203
Mew2King100
Liquid`VortiX91
ArmadaUGS57
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9239
League of Legends
• Jankos1756
Other Games
• WagamamaTV224
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 45m
INu's Battles
22h 45m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.