• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:24
CEST 01:24
KST 08:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8342 users

Liquid Smash Brothers Melee - Page 29

Forum Index > General Games
720 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 37 Next All
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
March 19 2014 08:07 GMT
#561
On March 19 2014 17:02 Omnishroud wrote:
So i started looking into ken a bit more and started watching the survivor series he's on. First time you see him properly he's with a hot chick in bra and panties. Then he gets her to eat a termite.

Total boss.

I think he does pretty well on survivor too. I can't remember his exact placing though.
Administrator
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
March 19 2014 08:09 GMT
#562
Is... is this for real?

Wow, what the.... niiiiiiice!
As SSMB has been a huge part of my childhood, I'm quite pumped to see more of this and moreover with Liquid players involved!

Good luck!
LiquipediaWanderer
Arkaim
Profile Joined January 2008
United States63 Posts
March 19 2014 08:16 GMT
#563
I love Super Smash Brothers! Such good memories playing it over an entire summer. So cool to see it made it as an esport
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 19 2014 08:40 GMT
#564
On March 19 2014 17:07 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 17:02 Omnishroud wrote:
So i started looking into ken a bit more and started watching the survivor series he's on. First time you see him properly he's with a hot chick in bra and panties. Then he gets her to eat a termite.

Total boss.

I think he does pretty well on survivor too. I can't remember his exact placing though.

Looked it up briefly and if I'm reading this right he was 5th out of 18.
Moderator
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
March 19 2014 08:42 GMT
#565
On March 19 2014 17:40 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 17:07 TheEmulator wrote:
On March 19 2014 17:02 Omnishroud wrote:
So i started looking into ken a bit more and started watching the survivor series he's on. First time you see him properly he's with a hot chick in bra and panties. Then he gets her to eat a termite.

Total boss.

I think he does pretty well on survivor too. I can't remember his exact placing though.

Looked it up briefly and if I'm reading this right he was 5th out of 18.

Yeah I just checked as well, that's right. I remembered he made it to the jury at least.
Administrator
zuqbu
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Germany797 Posts
March 19 2014 08:53 GMT
#566
so surprising yet so fitting. after watching the smash bros. documentary last year i'm really excited for this year's tournaments. gl ken & kdj!
o_O
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-19 08:56:13
March 19 2014 08:55 GMT
#567
On March 19 2014 16:38 EnderCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 16:28 Polygamy wrote:
I was just kinda like "whatever" but then I took time to watch the AMAZING "Smash Brothers" documentary and now I am SUPER excited about this. That documentary was sooooooo well done.

Seriously. It's a documentary that anybody whose interested in e-sports should watch.




Just to make it easier to find. The start is a bit slow, and the narrator misses the mark on the voice, but I'm enjoying it so far and its very well done.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
Omnishroud
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
1073 Posts
March 19 2014 08:56 GMT
#568
On March 19 2014 17:55 sluggaslamoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 16:38 EnderCraft wrote:
On March 19 2014 16:28 Polygamy wrote:
I was just kinda like "whatever" but then I took time to watch the AMAZING "Smash Brothers" documentary and now I am SUPER excited about this. That documentary was sooooooo well done.

Seriously. It's a documentary that anybody whose interested in e-sports should watch.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgWH-qXpv8&feature=share&list=PLoUHkRwnRH-KTCH3tJ9WvsWWPEgUu-y6d

Just to make it easier to find. The start is a bit slow, and the narrator misses the mark on the voice, but I'm enjoying it so far and its very well done.


Watch this.
Omni = Capped (RIP TL Account) - LoL EUW: Capped92 - EU Bnet: Capped#1137 - Steam: Capped92
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
March 19 2014 08:56 GMT
#569
Finally watched the video to accompany the announcement. Would have really loved if they did a play on "Challenger Approaching" when it went into the part showcasing Liquid's different title divisions.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
March 19 2014 09:36 GMT
#570
Awesome announcement ! As a long time Smash fan, I love that :D

Now, just a LoL team and Liquid gets everything :p
The legend of Darien lives on
JohnChoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
1773 Posts
March 19 2014 09:38 GMT
#571
On March 19 2014 17:55 sluggaslamoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 16:38 EnderCraft wrote:
On March 19 2014 16:28 Polygamy wrote:
I was just kinda like "whatever" but then I took time to watch the AMAZING "Smash Brothers" documentary and now I am SUPER excited about this. That documentary was sooooooo well done.

Seriously. It's a documentary that anybody whose interested in e-sports should watch.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgWH-qXpv8&feature=share&list=PLoUHkRwnRH-KTCH3tJ9WvsWWPEgUu-y6d

Just to make it easier to find. The start is a bit slow, and the narrator misses the mark on the voice, but I'm enjoying it so far and its very well done.

The start really is a bit slow but it really sucks you in once your a lil bit into it haha
TriZ
Profile Joined September 2012
Belgium379 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-19 09:49:58
March 19 2014 09:39 GMT
#572
This is really awesome. I have played Smash for years off and on, its such a unique and incredible game.
Then a few months ago my brother recommended this documentary and I have watched it multiple times since.
It was the very first time that I saw a community so cool and passionate that it actually bummed me out I couldn't be a part of it.
And now for Liquid to be picking up Ken and KoreanDJ, two of the absolute top in Smash.

Game!

edit: the fact that I dug up my old gamecube 2 weeks ago and started playing Smash with some friends makes this all the more special
anatase
Profile Joined May 2010
France532 Posts
March 19 2014 11:26 GMT
#573
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

so gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
so unexpecteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

GLHF SMASH BROS!
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
March 19 2014 11:47 GMT
#574
Best documentary NA.
esdf
Profile Joined December 2012
Croatia736 Posts
March 19 2014 12:24 GMT
#575
what remix of glitch mob - animus vox is this?
why do you not believe it? the legend has alived!
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-19 12:30:07
March 19 2014 12:24 GMT
#576
The link to Liquid`KDJ is not working.

Also - will SSBM be available as separate stream category?

Edit: also is Game Cub the only way to legitimately play SSBM? Am I correct that for the purpose of this game CRT is a must, on pro level at least?

Edit2: I must learn a lot to figure out if I'm excited or not. I'm curious though.
AJMcSpiffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1154 Posts
March 19 2014 12:47 GMT
#577
I almost spit out my coffee when I saw this on the front page. I'm a huge fan of competitive smash and I can't believe the scene is starting to explode in popularity again like this. I thought I was already at my maximum hype level for Evo but apparently there's even more!
If the quarter was in your right hand, that would've been micro
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 19 2014 12:48 GMT
#578
What the FUCK
Ken coming back
... with LIQUID ! And it's not April first !
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
March 19 2014 13:31 GMT
#579
Two things.

Firstly...like many people I was honestly looking to check that its not 1st April because crazy unexpected news.

Secondly that announcement video gave me a hell of a lot of nerdchills.


I only ever messed about with SSBM back in the day on friends' machines but it was great fun. This should be very interesting.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Zen5034
Profile Joined July 2011
United States384 Posts
March 19 2014 13:48 GMT
#580
Wow, this is so exciting!

Looking forward to cheering for you both!
Jaedong!
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft380
Nina 127
ViBE116
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14092
firebathero 115
Hyuk 52
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
febbydoto91
League of Legends
Doublelift4263
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King60
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5519
Other Games
summit1g8660
FrodaN2165
JimRising 431
mouzStarbuck369
KnowMe231
ArmadaUGS94
Trikslyr0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1223
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• musti20045 32
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 0
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 36m
INu's Battles
12h 36m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 36m
Replay Cast
23h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.