• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:58
CEST 03:58
KST 10:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7319 users

Finding Old Games, (Nostalgia.) - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Zinnwaldite
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1567 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-20 23:10:15
October 20 2013 23:05 GMT
#61
I remember playing a game where you started as a human guy, and then got different transformations. You could turn into a wolfy beast-man, some sort of amphibian, a rock creature, and more.. The game was played in first person and i seem to remember you could see your own face in place of a life bar. The game is from the days of dos and floppys..

I could never play it because i was too young, but i would watch my father play.. =(

Does it ring a bell for anyone?


.edit.

And then i find it.. Sorry
We promise with a view to hope, but the reason to "accomplish" what we promised would be fear.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
October 21 2013 00:18 GMT
#62
On October 21 2013 07:37 Simberto wrote:
Journey?

[image loading]


Yes that's it, thank you!
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-21 02:16:30
October 21 2013 01:56 GMT
#63
Journey isn't really on topic :p

Can't remember the name of a game.

Was on PC, like 1990 to 1995. Was somewhat a point and click with some RPG elements I think. Set in a medieval fantasy, you couldn't see your team and one of the member was a redhead archer girl (which dies at one point I think). Graphics were fixed background, colorful hand drawn.

Name had something that sounds like Shandalar or something similar in it.

Edit: God that was driving me mad not being able to remember. Game was Shannara:
[image loading]

The funny thing about that game was that I was trying to play it while barely knowing english. Probably wasn't a great game... but hey, childhood memories.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-28 23:00:38
October 28 2013 22:46 GMT
#64
ok here is a game i cant find.

I played the demo of it when i was pretty young back when i bought Pc game magazines with demos on their CD.
It was of course 2D, i think a bit cartoonish. It was isometric or top down. It was about building a village i think.
It was about knights.

I remember only that it was a bit silly and that i was building some kind of chicken farm that was needed for something.
Again, it was i think in some kind of cute 2D style with a bit of sillyness.


Its not settlers, knights and merchants, cultures.





i have never seen it again, so it wwas probably really terrible or a german only game.
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
October 28 2013 23:00 GMT
#65
This game was played when I was little(I'm 16) and had this blue and gray space ship that flew around. There were level ups of the shots(1 small quick shot going forward and leveled up gradually to get more leveled up) and the ship was moved around with the arrow keys and shot with space bar. There were 3 lives. It was full screen.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
October 28 2013 23:03 GMT
#66
On October 29 2013 08:00 3FFA wrote:
This game was played when I was little(I'm 16) and had this blue and gray space ship that flew around. There were level ups of the shots(1 small quick shot going forward and leveled up gradually to get more leveled up) and the ship was moved around with the arrow keys and shot with space bar. There were 3 lives. It was full screen.


there are a ton of these. Look up Gradius, R-Type, Megaforce
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
October 29 2013 01:14 GMT
#67
On October 29 2013 08:03 LaNague wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 08:00 3FFA wrote:
This game was played when I was little(I'm 16) and had this blue and gray space ship that flew around. There were level ups of the shots(1 small quick shot going forward and leveled up gradually to get more leveled up) and the ship was moved around with the arrow keys and shot with space bar. There were 3 lives. It was full screen.


there are a ton of these. Look up Gradius, R-Type, Megaforce

I know. This one was top-down scroller though. Just hoping to find it for nostalgia's sake really.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-29 01:59:21
October 29 2013 01:57 GMT
#68
On October 29 2013 07:46 LaNague wrote:
ok here is a game i cant find.

I played the demo of it when i was pretty young back when i bought Pc game magazines with demos on their CD.
It was of course 2D, i think a bit cartoonish. It was isometric or top down. It was about building a village i think.
It was about knights.

I remember only that it was a bit silly and that i was building some kind of chicken farm that was needed for something.
Again, it was i think in some kind of cute 2D style with a bit of sillyness.


Its not settlers, knights and merchants, cultures.





i have never seen it again, so it wwas probably really terrible or a german only game.


So i went trough the drawer i never open and it had a demo CD. From that i saw which PC games magazine i had as a child. It was "Fun online" and it turns out it went broke after 2 years. So i went trough strategy games around 97.


Staboteur
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada1873 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-29 10:01:45
October 29 2013 09:57 GMT
#69
On September 24 2013 02:47 XaCez wrote:
Looking for an old game, MS Dos I believe it was from. I was playing it at school alongside the likes of DX-Ball, Jazz Jackrabbit and Commander Keen 4. It was a 2D side-scrolling platformer where you played some robot. I remember the first room you entered (to the right, obviously) had some UFO that came down from the ceiling and started shooting at you. Some other rooms had huge robots that basically meant instant death and there were a lot of hidden block and difficult jumping involved.


Microman! I remember that game! Wasn't ringing any bells until you said hidden block + difficult jumping.

I'm actually Fleetfeet D:
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-29 10:13:20
October 29 2013 10:09 GMT
#70
God i'm so old that i know and can name all this game in the blink of an eye...

Remember those :

- SuperKart
- Funtracks
- POD

- Warzone 2100

- Another World
- Little big adventure

- Red fucking baron ? :p
- Oilcap ? (this game is kind of inside Bioshock when you hack things)

Or Android on .. TO7 ? Was it ? C64 ? oh ! C64 ! Wintergames ! the controller crusher :p

I can't find anything the can make crusader no remorse run even dosbox doesn't work.

I remember playing a game on MAC (maybe apple2 ?) that was controller based side scrolling... you could play with two players. Games was hard as shit. You had a lot of weapons that you could find.

Can't find the name of that game

Also the game kind of beetlejuice and gameplay "ala" dragon's lair. I remember there was a "13" in the title.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
October 29 2013 13:22 GMT
#71
On October 29 2013 10:57 LaNague wrote:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_gD-7t7fJQ


You got me lol.
knuckle
ViperPL
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland1775 Posts
October 29 2013 13:37 GMT
#72
Best racing game of all time:
[image loading]

I played so many hours of this thing when I was little kid it was so addicting and awesome!
A dota player and lol player walk into a bar. The dota player says: "lol sucks". Lol player couldn't deny. http://i.imgur.com/FpLeTf1.gif
Battery
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland18 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-29 14:04:28
October 29 2013 13:59 GMT
#73
Not sure if I'm completely mad, because I'm getting to think that the game doesn't exist, but I've tried to find one NES game from time to time over the years and never got lucky. I'm pretty sure it was 2D sidescroller. The game reminds me of Kirby's Advetures if I think it, but it wasn't.

After somewhat 20 years from that game only thing I remember the character you controlled had this weird hair, like a paintbrush in he's head or something.

ps. Maybe the hair was more like Rayman has, maybe even multicolored. Damn.

Ring any bells? Or was this just a childhood's dream.
nostrils
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden23 Posts
October 29 2013 15:13 GMT
#74
On October 29 2013 22:59 Battery wrote:
Not sure if I'm completely mad, because I'm getting to think that the game doesn't exist, but I've tried to find one NES game from time to time over the years and never got lucky. I'm pretty sure it was 2D sidescroller. The game reminds me of Kirby's Advetures if I think it, but it wasn't.

After somewhat 20 years from that game only thing I remember the character you controlled had this weird hair, like a paintbrush in he's head or something.

ps. Maybe the hair was more like Rayman has, maybe even multicolored. Damn.

Ring any bells? Or was this just a childhood's dream.


Sounds like Kabuki Quantum Fighter to me!
H-hey, this is a private residence, man!
Hoender
Profile Joined March 2011
South Africa382 Posts
October 29 2013 15:33 GMT
#75
On October 29 2013 22:59 Battery wrote:
Not sure if I'm completely mad, because I'm getting to think that the game doesn't exist, but I've tried to find one NES game from time to time over the years and never got lucky. I'm pretty sure it was 2D sidescroller. The game reminds me of Kirby's Advetures if I think it, but it wasn't.

After somewhat 20 years from that game only thing I remember the character you controlled had this weird hair, like a paintbrush in he's head or something.

ps. Maybe the hair was more like Rayman has, maybe even multicolored. Damn.

Ring any bells? Or was this just a childhood's dream.

Lode Runner's hair was pretty weird looking with a Magic Wand(?) in his hair: + Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
Die ou swepe sê: "daar's 'n raat vir elke kwaal," maar watse pil kou jy as die donker jou kom haal?
Battery
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland18 Posts
October 29 2013 20:35 GMT
#76
On October 30 2013 00:33 Hoender wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 22:59 Battery wrote:
Not sure if I'm completely mad, because I'm getting to think that the game doesn't exist, but I've tried to find one NES game from time to time over the years and never got lucky. I'm pretty sure it was 2D sidescroller. The game reminds me of Kirby's Advetures if I think it, but it wasn't.

After somewhat 20 years from that game only thing I remember the character you controlled had this weird hair, like a paintbrush in he's head or something.

ps. Maybe the hair was more like Rayman has, maybe even multicolored. Damn.

Ring any bells? Or was this just a childhood's dream.

Lode Runner's hair was pretty weird looking with a Magic Wand(?) in his hair: + Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


It's not Lode Runner, definately with better graphics. Like I said it somehow reminds me of Kirby. Happy music like Kirby & SMB3 had, double rainbows everywhere. Maybe my memory is just fucking with me and shaped it like that. Kabuki is best suggestion so far, it seems I have to go with that.

Have gone through so many games I've begun to think if it even was NES game, though I didn't have any other console in my house.
DiLiGu
Profile Joined December 2011
United States185 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-29 20:52:42
October 29 2013 20:52 GMT
#77
Just found this one on a different forum, was driving me nuts:

[image loading]

It's an NES dungeoncrawler, you play as a family. You can be the Dad, Mom, Son, or Daughter, or the Pet. The Pet is a monster and totally OP.
Mothra
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States1448 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-29 20:56:38
October 29 2013 20:55 GMT
#78
Omg the name lode runner made me remember a NES game called 3d world runner. I'd forgotten all about it until now.

Battery
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland18 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 12:43:43
October 30 2013 12:16 GMT
#79
On October 30 2013 05:35 Battery wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 00:33 Hoender wrote:
On October 29 2013 22:59 Battery wrote:
Not sure if I'm completely mad, because I'm getting to think that the game doesn't exist, but I've tried to find one NES game from time to time over the years and never got lucky. I'm pretty sure it was 2D sidescroller. The game reminds me of Kirby's Advetures if I think it, but it wasn't.

After somewhat 20 years from that game only thing I remember the character you controlled had this weird hair, like a paintbrush in he's head or something.

ps. Maybe the hair was more like Rayman has, maybe even multicolored. Damn.

Ring any bells? Or was this just a childhood's dream.

Lode Runner's hair was pretty weird looking with a Magic Wand(?) in his hair: + Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


It's not Lode Runner, definately with better graphics. Like I said it somehow reminds me of Kirby. Happy music like Kirby & SMB3 had, double rainbows everywhere. Maybe my memory is just fucking with me and shaped it like that. Kabuki is best suggestion so far, it seems I have to go with that.

Have gone through so many games I've begun to think if it even was NES game, though I didn't have any other console in my house.


Asked my friend about the game and he remembers it too. He said there was other characters you could play with, some rock/stoneman and perhaps some lizzard guy. Damn this is bothering me.

edit: This game description begun to sound too much like Megaman, but it isn't.
random hero
Profile Joined October 2013
Germany31 Posts
October 30 2013 12:50 GMT
#80
On October 29 2013 22:37 ViperPL wrote:
Best racing game of all time:


I played so many hours of this thing when I was little kid it was so addicting and awesome!



Oh I loved that one as well. Found it pretty hard though! What was the name of it, Lotus 2?
1984 is now
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings120
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 162
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 311
Bale 19
Terrorterran 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
Doublelift5843
JimRising 738
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
taco 11
Other Games
summit1g12146
C9.Mang0347
PiLiPiLi12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1069
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP160
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 3m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 3m
Replay Cast
21h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.