• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:58
CEST 03:58
KST 10:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7319 users

Finding Old Games, (Nostalgia.) - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
September 22 2013 20:57 GMT
#41
On September 23 2013 03:01 Hoender wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 02:34 Sbrubbles wrote:
There was this really old mariokart-esque racing game on the PC, with animal racers and porcupine throwing. I don't really remember any details about it though (aside from the porcupine throwing). It came on floppy disks and ran on DOS.

Wacky Wheels. Really awesome game :D


Thanks dude! Watching some youtube videos of it now, for the nostalgia
Bora Pain minha porra!
lamprey1
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada919 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-22 21:37:58
September 22 2013 21:32 GMT
#42
the super harvester terran has... the MULE was named after this guy ....

[image loading]

MULE a strategy game from ~ 1984
Atari 800, C64, Etc.
it ended up coming out on the NES.

http://www.atarimule.com/index.htm

there is some semblance of a competitive community around the game.

http://www.planetmule.com/

This is probably one of Dustin Browder's favourite games of all time.

It is amazing how action games die in months... but, strategy games can end up with cult like followings that end up living forever.

eSports used to be way better.. .Blizzard has totally ruined everything with SC2.
I have irrefutable evidence right here.

The 1986 Intellivision NHL Hockey World Championship.

Narg
Profile Joined December 2010
Finland99 Posts
September 23 2013 14:08 GMT
#43
On September 22 2013 23:04 romanianthunder wrote:
hey guys I wonder if you can help me with a game.It was an rpg simmilar to diablo but instead the main character was an alien who crashlanded on a planet.dunno the exact name or anything.any clues as to what might it be?



Maybe Zax?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zax:_The_Alien_Hunter
Iranon
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States983 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-23 14:31:05
September 23 2013 14:27 GMT
#44
Looking for a PC game, I think from the early 90s. Pretty sure it ran on Windows 3.1.

It was a top-down space shooter in a grid of obstacles. I remember a black background with a grid of gray squares, and you could fly your little ship between them (as though you were flying down streets in a grid of buildings) and try to shoot down the other ships also flying around in the grid. Sort of like Pac-Man without the dots, and you were in a gunfight with the ghosts.

Edit: And I thought it was in one of those "Windows Arcade Pack" or whatever bundles, as I remember Chip's Challenge, Asteroids, some Star Trek game, something with cats/mice/cheese, Pipe Dream, Jezz-Ball, and a few other things being on the same computer, but no luck. I think it was packaged together with something very much like Missile Command, so maybe it was an Atari game ported to PC?
Heinsenzerg
Profile Joined September 2011
Argentina2279 Posts
September 23 2013 14:50 GMT
#45
Wow crusader no remorse

it came with "movie scenes" what a game

good times
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
September 23 2013 17:37 GMT
#46
On September 23 2013 03:01 Hoender wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 02:34 Sbrubbles wrote:
There was this really old mariokart-esque racing game on the PC, with animal racers and porcupine throwing. I don't really remember any details about it though (aside from the porcupine throwing). It came on floppy disks and ran on DOS.

Wacky Wheels. Really awesome game :D

Oh wow we played that to shit haha. Both on one keyboard having a go with splitscreen. So awsome!
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
XaCez
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden6991 Posts
September 23 2013 17:47 GMT
#47
Looking for an old game, MS Dos I believe it was from. I was playing it at school alongside the likes of DX-Ball, Jazz Jackrabbit and Commander Keen 4. It was a 2D side-scrolling platformer where you played some robot. I remember the first room you entered (to the right, obviously) had some UFO that came down from the ceiling and started shooting at you. Some other rooms had huge robots that basically meant instant death and there were a lot of hidden block and difficult jumping involved.
People get too easily offended by people getting too easily offended by the word rape.
heavenz
Profile Joined August 2013
Austria301 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-23 17:56:05
September 23 2013 17:53 GMT
#48
Marathon
[image loading]

Myth2
[image loading]

Halo keynote trailer


Super maze wars (best lan game. Ever.)
[image loading]

best mac games ever. We played that stuff lan before the imacs.

And ya, we kinda cursed the day when microsoft bought bungie because they were only producing games for macs, also, see the video what halo would/should have been... not a xbox release hurry production.
Incze
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Romania2058 Posts
September 23 2013 18:07 GMT
#49
Can you guys help me remember an old game? I used to play it about 10+ years ago on a win95 machine.
I don't remember much about it, just that you were a small triangular white ship which fired from its tip and had 2 thrusters on the bottom. It was a lot about maneuvering it through tight corridors and spinning around to shoot at the static defenses on the ground (small white pipes protuding from it). The physics was really tight, and you had to manage acceleration closely or smash into the ground/a wall.
Religion: Buckethead
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-24 09:58:17
September 24 2013 09:57 GMT
#50
On September 23 2013 03:00 hp.Shell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 09:30 WightyCity wrote:
nice! i once played a video game on snes. it was like contra but with planes. it was soo addicting. it was a upward scroll game

Sounds like something from the Raiden series.
[image loading]
Raiden Trad


edit. I'm dumb. didn't read the snes part.

Here be Dragons
DW-Unrec
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
492 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-24 10:11:58
September 24 2013 10:11 GMT
#51
how far are we going? Can I recommend something from 1999?

Silver, outcast, arx fatalis - Those are must plays, you can maybe skip arx fatalis, but I consired outcast and silver to be classics. The humor in outcast is one of its best features.

If anyone is interested in playing those, you're gonna have to find reworks and patches to get em running on newer machines. I can spoon feed you if you're having issues, because those are the best games ever made, I would pay to get people to play them

rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
September 24 2013 10:24 GMT
#52
i found civil war generals 2 and got hooked on it, problem is the old resolution causes it to force low res and i cant get it in windowed
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-24 11:49:46
September 24 2013 11:46 GMT
#53
Outside of the classic Red Alert 1 I played the hell of this game:
[image loading]
I loved building a hole that I filled with dynamites, aquariums, cats, mice and little guys and blow the whole thing up. Good times.
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
Sicion
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany131 Posts
September 24 2013 15:27 GMT
#54
On September 24 2013 19:11 DW-Unrec wrote:
how far are we going? Can I recommend something from 1999?
The humor in outcast is one of its best features.

Yes Outcast was good but Giants: Citizen Kabuto was way funnier!

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.
Josh124
Profile Joined August 2003
United Kingdom145 Posts
September 24 2013 16:33 GMT
#55
Two games I'd like to find, both very old:

An American Football game made early 90's at the latest, likely a lot older. It had a top-down viewpoint and the players were represented by letters (R for running back, Q for quarter back, etc). I think it allowed keyboard or mouse control and you could either control the players as well as calling plays or just call the plays. Plays had names like 6-2 stackman, 3-4 bump and run, etc. It didn't have a season mode or anything I don't think - it was just 1 game.

An arcade football (soccer) game again made early 90's at the latest. I can't actually remember the gameplay itself, I can just remember some of the screens that rolled by when the game wasn't played. Some of the screens were a picture of each of the teams were the players looked a bit like this. Each team had identical looking players except the goalkeeper and each team had a speciality. One time specialised in goalkeeping and their whole team was made up of goalkeepers. I think it was possibly a tie-in for a European championships/world cup, but certainly the teams were national teams.
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
September 25 2013 14:43 GMT
#56
On September 24 2013 20:46 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
Outside of the classic Red Alert 1 I played the hell of this game:
[image loading]
I loved building a hole that I filled with dynamites, aquariums, cats, mice and little guys and blow the whole thing up. Good times.


O man I fucked around with this game so much, don't even think it was the full version lol.
knuckle
hp.Shell
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2527 Posts
September 27 2013 00:26 GMT
#57
On September 23 2013 23:27 Iranon wrote:
Looking for a PC game, I think from the early 90s. Pretty sure it ran on Windows 3.1.

It was a top-down space shooter in a grid of obstacles. I remember a black background with a grid of gray squares, and you could fly your little ship between them (as though you were flying down streets in a grid of buildings) and try to shoot down the other ships also flying around in the grid. Sort of like Pac-Man without the dots, and you were in a gunfight with the ghosts.

Edit: And I thought it was in one of those "Windows Arcade Pack" or whatever bundles, as I remember Chip's Challenge, Asteroids, some Star Trek game, something with cats/mice/cheese, Pipe Dream, Jezz-Ball, and a few other things being on the same computer, but no luck. I think it was packaged together with something very much like Missile Command, so maybe it was an Atari game ported to PC?

I remember seeing that game played at a family friend's house a few times. Unfortunately, I never knew the name of it. I remember something like the red ships were worth 10 points, and you were looking to get crosses for some kind of score or medal ranking system at the end.

On September 24 2013 03:07 Incze wrote:
Can you guys help me remember an old game? I used to play it about 10+ years ago on a win95 machine.
I don't remember much about it, just that you were a small triangular white ship which fired from its tip and had 2 thrusters on the bottom. It was a lot about maneuvering it through tight corridors and spinning around to shoot at the static defenses on the ground (small white pipes protuding from it). The physics was really tight, and you had to manage acceleration closely or smash into the ground/a wall.

This reminds me of Tempest but unfortunately I can't find any good images of the game. It was black and white like Asteroids, but had this ring that you were confined to and had to spin around it shooting and dodging stuff.
[image loading]
Tempest 2000
Please PM me with any songs you like that you think I haven't heard before!
deTwisj
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands288 Posts
October 04 2013 20:44 GMT
#58
I'm trying to remember an old PC game. It was kind of an open-world adventure/mystery game with hand-to-hand combat (and I think also other kinds of combat like guns/swords). The game started out with the main character in his apartment which included a sonic shower (no idea why I remember those kinds of details but not the important stuff). Eventually he gets attacked and you learn how to deal with hand-to-hand combat etc.

It's not much to go by. I tried googling but trust me, you don't want to google images of sonic shower (you get a whole lot of sonic the hedgehog showering, lol!)
xD
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
October 20 2013 22:15 GMT
#59
Figured I'd bump this despite this game not being old. I played it ~2 years ago and I think it was pretty new then.

This game had a very indie feel to it (think it was "indie"). You are a lithe figure in a mostly sand filled desert like land, collecting flags I think among ruins. The more you get the more bounces you get which help you traverse the land. At one point there is this big fish thing, where if it sees you turns red and if it hits you, you lose some flags. It was pretty short, I never finished but towards the end I think I was encountering a snowy mountain.

Occasionally, you see a recollection of what time past may have held in the land, and it has a bit of a somber tone as you seem all alone. It was a simple, elegant game I guess if I had to describe it.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12015 Posts
October 20 2013 22:37 GMT
#60
Journey?

[image loading]
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings120
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 162
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 311
Bale 19
Terrorterran 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
Doublelift5843
JimRising 738
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
taco 11
Other Games
summit1g12146
C9.Mang0347
PiLiPiLi12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1069
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP160
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 3m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 3m
Replay Cast
21h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.