• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:56
CEST 20:56
KST 03:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11701 users

TL Chess Match 6 - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 59 60 61 Next
Heh_
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Singapore2712 Posts
October 05 2012 03:10 GMT
#81
White needs to move pawns to F3, then G4.

Then we can move on to the next match.
=Þ
Celimas
Profile Joined December 2010
United States75 Posts
October 05 2012 04:05 GMT
#82
Sign me up
Fitzyhere | Catz | Stephano -- Foreign zergs fighting!!
acinx
Profile Joined June 2012
Australia181 Posts
October 05 2012 04:15 GMT
#83
1. e4
Exoteric
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2330 Posts
October 05 2012 04:22 GMT
#84
count me in
hell is other people
Mash2
Profile Joined February 2011
United States132 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-05 04:53:47
October 05 2012 04:50 GMT
#85
Figured it was only a matter of time until you took the reins qrs. I think you're selling yourself short and should give it a go vs TL, but I digress. Team me.
"Quite often the flood of history is undammed or diverted by the character and actions of one man." - Pat Frank, "Alas, Babylon"
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
October 05 2012 05:35 GMT
#86
On October 05 2012 08:09 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2012 08:07 AceLight wrote:
I join white.


woah woah, you don't get to pick, you get randomized into a team.
This is true, but fortunately, he fished his wish.

On October 05 2012 09:27 dnld12 wrote:
I would like to join ! I suck so i could watch!
You're in. As I've told people before, I'd encourage you to vote: even if you think that most of your teammates are stronger than you (which may or may not be true; correspondence chess can be a little different than chess OTB), as long as you read what your teammates have to say about the position and make an informed vote, you won't be dragging down the team. If a particular move seems like a tough choice and you don't trust your judgment on it, you're always free to abstain from that vote.

On October 05 2012 09:04 Psi0nic wrote:
Whoah, I'm not good eniugh in chess, but this initiative is amazing! Good job
Thanks, and see above. You really don't need to be good in chess to join a team, as long as you have an interest in it.

On October 05 2012 09:27 dnld12 wrote:
I would like to join ! I suck so i could watch!
See above.

On October 05 2012 09:21 GenesisX wrote:
whatever happened to the other game :/ just died off...
Ng5 tried to put on a simultaneous exhibition, with each game having its own thread. A few people complained about the clutter in the forum, and the mods closed the threads. This led to a spat between Ng5 and the mods over the way it was handled; Ng5 got a 30-day temp ban, and he's never returned.

On October 05 2012 09:36 hp.Shell wrote:
Very cool. I remember when Ng5 did this a while back. Thanks for continuing it qrs! So does this mean we can't look forward to your awesome analyses?
YW. Yeah, I'm afraid there'd be a conflict of interest if I joined a team this time, so I won't be analysing, but maybe I'll post a recap when the game's over, based on the analysis of each team.

On October 05 2012 12:05 BombaySensei wrote:
Add me for white... and 1.c4 is clearly the winning move

EDIT: Aww, re-read the OP. Still, add me.
You rolled White, so I'll count your vote.

On October 05 2012 12:10 Heh_ wrote:
...
Do you want to join the game?

On October 05 2012 13:50 Mash2 wrote:
Figured it was only a matter of time until you took the reins qrs. I think you're selling yourself short and should give it a go vs TL, but I digress. Team me.
Aw, thanks. Well, maybe a different time I can try playing vs. TL, although I still think it will probably beat me with ease.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
October 05 2012 05:42 GMT
#87
Important procedural note: I'm not on TL 24/7, so for purposes of the vote: if the deadline is reached or if one move ever gets an absolute majority of votes in this thread (based on the size of the team at the time of that vote), you can consider the vote closed as of that time, even if it takes me a little longer to update the thread. Votes that I get by PM will have to wait for my count to become official (meaning that it might take an extra few hours for the vote to be closed, depending on when I log in).

As of this post, there are 24 people on Team White, so an absolute majority = 13 votes for a given move.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
October 05 2012 06:13 GMT
#88
sign me up please
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
October 05 2012 06:17 GMT
#89
I don't know the first thing about chess but best of luck with this! It's really cool
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Dobrev
Profile Joined February 2010
Bulgaria30 Posts
October 05 2012 06:23 GMT
#90
I would like to join.

I'm a beginner player usualy lacking the patience to overthink every move in a live play. So I hope to get some insight on the whole thought process that goes behind a high skilled play.
Bengui
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada775 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-05 06:25:24
October 05 2012 06:24 GMT
#91
1.d4
DtorR
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia171 Posts
October 05 2012 06:31 GMT
#92
Can I join in? Would love to play. ^^
Tansu
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland63 Posts
October 05 2012 06:31 GMT
#93
I'd like to play.
schaf
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1326 Posts
October 05 2012 06:47 GMT
#94
yup, sign me up!

also currently playing on gameknot, if someone about 1200-1300 points is interested

I hope to learn much about openings here, really bad at this...
Axiom wins more than it loses. Most viewers don't. - <3 TB
jnd
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Czech Republic915 Posts
October 05 2012 07:02 GMT
#95
I used to play as a kid and now I don't remember much but still I'd like to try this
Team 8 BaBy will be the next Terran Bonjwa in HoTS | HSC V, the best tournament in 2012 | GD Studio #1 no fluff esports show
Clazziquai10
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore1949 Posts
October 05 2012 07:29 GMT
#96
can i still sign up for this??
CaptainHaz
Profile Joined December 2010
United States240 Posts
October 05 2012 07:58 GMT
#97
Add me as well please.
All of us warned you of the big white face.
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
October 05 2012 09:32 GMT
#98
On October 05 2012 15:17 heyoka wrote:
I don't know the first thing about chess but best of luck with this! It's really cool
Thanks, and thanks again for spotlighting the thread! I'm sure it wouldn't have been nearly as active without that promotion.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Raysalis
Profile Joined July 2010
Malaysia1034 Posts
October 05 2012 10:01 GMT
#99
sign me up sir
:)
shostakovich
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Brazil1429 Posts
October 05 2012 10:30 GMT
#100
Please sign me in noble sir.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 59 60 61 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1198
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 301
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1198
ByuN 490
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 301
Reynor 250
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27455
Calm 2463
Shuttle 367
Mini 169
White-Ra 152
firebathero 91
Mong 56
scan(afreeca) 27
soO 13
ZZZero.O 13
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10121
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps12
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3746
Liquid`Hasu512
MindelVK7
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2365
fl0m2038
summit1g1727
FrodaN1476
B2W.Neo754
olofmeister741
Khaldor443
Beastyqt332
Livibee182
crisheroes177
Mew2King66
ToD50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick486
BasetradeTV185
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
angryscii 14
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 31
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach59
• blackmanpl 25
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• 80smullet 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
Other Games
• imaqtpie999
• Shiphtur683
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
4m
BSL Open Qualifier
4m
OSC
4h 4m
Replay Cast
4h 4m
OSC
17h 4m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.