• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:21
CEST 11:21
KST 18:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8501 users

Day Z: Persistant world zombie survival mod - Page 214

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 212 213 214 215 216 352 Next
We have a Dayz channel on the TL Teamspeak Server. Come play with us!
hagon
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom556 Posts
July 27 2012 12:29 GMT
#4261
On July 27 2012 21:11 KorvMoij wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 19:15 hagon wrote:


Are you serious? How exactly are you not cheating if you use it? Who gives a damn if you wouldn't actually be banned for piggy backing on someone else cheating to generate it.


So you are telling me that if a hacker comes into the server and gives everyone an as50 or something and the best gear in the game including you.

Are you not the one cheating then according to your statement.

Should we ban you for getting caught in the crossfire of the hacker?

Rocket has said several times that looting hacker items will not get you a ban, but if you use scripts and spawn them in you can get banned, end of story.


Did I say anything like that? You have an item you know is not supposed to be in the game, it is 100% hacked into the game. You decide, hey, I don't actually hack myself, therefore it is fine to use this? I you think like that, fine, I am just pretty surprised that someone would.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
July 27 2012 12:52 GMT
#4262
Noob question - how exactly does saving vehicles work? Let's say you have a car with a bunch of backpacks of loot; if this car is saved will it persist with you in multiple servers or only a home server?

Is having a tent store your stuff the only long term way of storing loot?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Akamu
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States309 Posts
July 27 2012 13:26 GMT
#4263
On July 27 2012 21:29 hagon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 21:11 KorvMoij wrote:
On July 27 2012 19:15 hagon wrote:


Are you serious? How exactly are you not cheating if you use it? Who gives a damn if you wouldn't actually be banned for piggy backing on someone else cheating to generate it.


So you are telling me that if a hacker comes into the server and gives everyone an as50 or something and the best gear in the game including you.

Are you not the one cheating then according to your statement.

Should we ban you for getting caught in the crossfire of the hacker?

Rocket has said several times that looting hacker items will not get you a ban, but if you use scripts and spawn them in you can get banned, end of story.


Did I say anything like that? You have an item you know is not supposed to be in the game, it is 100% hacked into the game. You decide, hey, I don't actually hack myself, therefore it is fine to use this? I you think like that, fine, I am just pretty surprised that someone would.


I think most people, myself included, would use it. I don't care where the gun came from when I find it. You spend so much time running around looking for a good gun who would not pick up a weapon because of some moral high ground? Just seems silly. You didn't ask for it to be there but it is and if you don't grab it the next guy running by will.
I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums, what a shame that you came here with someone.
ffswowsucks
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Greece2298 Posts
July 27 2012 14:04 GMT
#4264
I was messing around to see what hacks are out there finding out you have to pay for them, in my search tho, I found something that anyone could do for free by just messing with some files of the arma2 folder, its undetected, doesnt run any scripts or anything, so im kinda frustrated with this since anyone could be using that already and as I was killed by some weird distances along with friends, I believe almost everyone is using this :/ damn hackers.
Terran in particular is a notoriously strong race for a no brain skillhand bot style.
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
July 27 2012 14:22 GMT
#4265
On July 27 2012 21:52 EchelonTee wrote:
Noob question - how exactly does saving vehicles work? Let's say you have a car with a bunch of backpacks of loot; if this car is saved will it persist with you in multiple servers or only a home server?

Is having a tent store your stuff the only long term way of storing loot?


It persists only in the server you found it. Also other people might find the vehicle. Vehicles are similar to tents when it comes to saving loot.
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
TSBspartacus
Profile Joined October 2011
England1046 Posts
July 27 2012 14:26 GMT
#4266
On July 27 2012 23:04 ffswowsucks wrote:
I was messing around to see what hacks are out there finding out you have to pay for them, in my search tho, I found something that anyone could do for free by just messing with some files of the arma2 folder, its undetected, doesnt run any scripts or anything, so im kinda frustrated with this since anyone could be using that already and as I was killed by some weird distances along with friends, I believe almost everyone is using this :/ damn hackers.

Yeah, you were "messing around".
You mean you were looking for hacks.
And yes there are plenty of problems with hacks, scripts and altering game files, but once this is out of Alpha I'm pretty sure they'll be able to kick for altered game files etc, plenty of other games can do it but with this game changing so much so often due to the alpha its not feasible.
ffswowsucks
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Greece2298 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 15:16:49
July 27 2012 14:36 GMT
#4267
On July 27 2012 23:26 TSBspartacus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 23:04 ffswowsucks wrote:
I was messing around to see what hacks are out there finding out you have to pay for them, in my search tho, I found something that anyone could do for free by just messing with some files of the arma2 folder, its undetected, doesnt run any scripts or anything, so im kinda frustrated with this since anyone could be using that already and as I was killed by some weird distances along with friends, I believe almost everyone is using this :/ damn hackers.

Yeah, you were "messing around".
You mean you were looking for hacks.
And yes there are plenty of problems with hacks, scripts and altering game files, but once this is out of Alpha I'm pretty sure they'll be able to kick for altered game files etc, plenty of other games can do it but with this game changing so much so often due to the alpha its not feasible.

Ye I was messing around. there is a thing called "report bugs/hacks" in the official forums. Go read it more before accusing someone. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48141-people-using-tree-grass-exploit/
Terran in particular is a notoriously strong race for a no brain skillhand bot style.
Jochan
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Poland1730 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 15:15:26
July 27 2012 15:15 GMT
#4268
Now it all makes sense, I haven't played a lot with Mani, but he seemed shady. Like last time, we drove a car and it exploded killing us both. He was mad, trying to blame me saying it was my fault because we hit a car at 90 km/h, but it all makes sense now. He is a bad person anyways.
"(...)all in the game, yo. All in the game"
oZii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1198 Posts
July 27 2012 15:56 GMT
#4269
On July 27 2012 23:36 ffswowsucks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 23:26 TSBspartacus wrote:
On July 27 2012 23:04 ffswowsucks wrote:
I was messing around to see what hacks are out there finding out you have to pay for them, in my search tho, I found something that anyone could do for free by just messing with some files of the arma2 folder, its undetected, doesnt run any scripts or anything, so im kinda frustrated with this since anyone could be using that already and as I was killed by some weird distances along with friends, I believe almost everyone is using this :/ damn hackers.

Yeah, you were "messing around".
You mean you were looking for hacks.
And yes there are plenty of problems with hacks, scripts and altering game files, but once this is out of Alpha I'm pretty sure they'll be able to kick for altered game files etc, plenty of other games can do it but with this game changing so much so often due to the alpha its not feasible.

Ye I was messing around. there is a thing called "report bugs/hacks" in the official forums. Go read it more before accusing someone. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48141-people-using-tree-grass-exploit/


I think what he was trying to say is you can't really be messing around when looking for something on the Internet. So you specifically where looking for what was out there.


Messing around would be I had my cursor in google search and was messing around with my keys and stumbled upon hacks for arma.

I think he was just saying call it like it is you looked for what's out there. Saying you where messing around is trying to sugar coat it.

I looked to see what Arma hacks forums looked like. I was totally shocked with the fact that people just talk to each other casually like its cool. You can tell that they talk like its just normal behavior.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
July 27 2012 15:57 GMT
#4270
Dude hackers mindset is so annoying. People can seriously rationalize ANYTHING, the human mind is amazing.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
bK-
Profile Joined June 2012
United States326 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 16:06:48
July 27 2012 16:03 GMT
#4271
On July 27 2012 23:36 ffswowsucks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 23:26 TSBspartacus wrote:
On July 27 2012 23:04 ffswowsucks wrote:
I was messing around to see what hacks are out there finding out you have to pay for them, in my search tho, I found something that anyone could do for free by just messing with some files of the arma2 folder, its undetected, doesnt run any scripts or anything, so im kinda frustrated with this since anyone could be using that already and as I was killed by some weird distances along with friends, I believe almost everyone is using this :/ damn hackers.

Yeah, you were "messing around".
You mean you were looking for hacks.
And yes there are plenty of problems with hacks, scripts and altering game files, but once this is out of Alpha I'm pretty sure they'll be able to kick for altered game files etc, plenty of other games can do it but with this game changing so much so often due to the alpha its not feasible.

Ye I was messing around. there is a thing called "report bugs/hacks" in the official forums. Go read it more before accusing someone. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48141-people-using-tree-grass-exploit/

You should stop trying to rationalize your dabbling in exploits/hacks. It could get you banned if your not careful. Move or delete one file and bam, the banhammer will be dropped.
We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
ffswowsucks
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Greece2298 Posts
July 27 2012 16:03 GMT
#4272
On July 28 2012 00:56 oZii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 23:36 ffswowsucks wrote:
On July 27 2012 23:26 TSBspartacus wrote:
On July 27 2012 23:04 ffswowsucks wrote:
I was messing around to see what hacks are out there finding out you have to pay for them, in my search tho, I found something that anyone could do for free by just messing with some files of the arma2 folder, its undetected, doesnt run any scripts or anything, so im kinda frustrated with this since anyone could be using that already and as I was killed by some weird distances along with friends, I believe almost everyone is using this :/ damn hackers.

Yeah, you were "messing around".
You mean you were looking for hacks.
And yes there are plenty of problems with hacks, scripts and altering game files, but once this is out of Alpha I'm pretty sure they'll be able to kick for altered game files etc, plenty of other games can do it but with this game changing so much so often due to the alpha its not feasible.

Ye I was messing around. there is a thing called "report bugs/hacks" in the official forums. Go read it more before accusing someone. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48141-people-using-tree-grass-exploit/


I think what he was trying to say is you can't really be messing around when looking for something on the Internet. So you specifically where looking for what was out there.


Messing around would be I had my cursor in google search and was messing around with my keys and stumbled upon hacks for arma.

I think he was just saying call it like it is you looked for what's out there. Saying you where messing around is trying to sugar coat it.

I looked to see what Arma hacks forums looked like. I was totally shocked with the fact that people just talk to each other casually like its cool. You can tell that they talk like its just normal behavior.

Thanx for claryfing this cause I thought he meant I wanted to play with hacks.
Terran in particular is a notoriously strong race for a no brain skillhand bot style.
Maxhster
Profile Joined March 2011
Fiji473 Posts
July 27 2012 16:03 GMT
#4273
On July 28 2012 00:15 Jochan wrote:
Now it all makes sense, I haven't played a lot with Mani, but he seemed shady. Like last time, we drove a car and it exploded killing us both. He was mad, trying to blame me saying it was my fault because we hit a car at 90 km/h, but it all makes sense now. He is a bad person anyways.


HAHA! not funneh

On July 28 2012 00:57 PassiveAce wrote:
Dude hackers mindset is so annoying. People can seriously rationalize ANYTHING, the human mind is amazing.


are you referring to me? i said i still dont know if i am using that gun, because i still dont see the unfair advantage i would get out of it, sure it is an advantage but its not that i cant be killed or heard while shooting it. I have yet to hear a counterargument.
rawr
oZii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1198 Posts
July 27 2012 16:04 GMT
#4274
On July 27 2012 22:26 Akamu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 21:29 hagon wrote:
On July 27 2012 21:11 KorvMoij wrote:
On July 27 2012 19:15 hagon wrote:


Are you serious? How exactly are you not cheating if you use it? Who gives a damn if you wouldn't actually be banned for piggy backing on someone else cheating to generate it.


So you are telling me that if a hacker comes into the server and gives everyone an as50 or something and the best gear in the game including you.

Are you not the one cheating then according to your statement.

Should we ban you for getting caught in the crossfire of the hacker?

Rocket has said several times that looting hacker items will not get you a ban, but if you use scripts and spawn them in you can get banned, end of story.


Did I say anything like that? You have an item you know is not supposed to be in the game, it is 100% hacked into the game. You decide, hey, I don't actually hack myself, therefore it is fine to use this? I you think like that, fine, I am just pretty surprised that someone would.


I think most people, myself included, would use it. I don't care where the gun came from when I find it. You spend so much time running around looking for a good gun who would not pick up a weapon because of some moral high ground? Just seems silly. You didn't ask for it to be there but it is and if you don't grab it the next guy running by will.


This

Mani can't be banned for using the item everyone that has been playing dayz for a whole should know you can't be banned for using spawned in weapons unless you did the spawning. I thought this was common knowledge.


Then it's just a morality issue I guess that's not going to get you know brownie points anyway.

It's just a gun is it op yea pretty much will he lose it eventually yes.

He can still be killed by a lee einfield so I don't see what the problem is.

This is alpha I hate the hacking but you either deal with it or quit. If I saw tht gun on the ground Id keep it. I also know that anytime I carried it I would be even more scared to die than normal BECAUSE of its advantage/cool factor.

bK-
Profile Joined June 2012
United States326 Posts
July 27 2012 16:05 GMT
#4275
On July 28 2012 01:03 Maxhster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2012 00:15 Jochan wrote:
Now it all makes sense, I haven't played a lot with Mani, but he seemed shady. Like last time, we drove a car and it exploded killing us both. He was mad, trying to blame me saying it was my fault because we hit a car at 90 km/h, but it all makes sense now. He is a bad person anyways.


HAHA! not funneh

Show nested quote +
On July 28 2012 00:57 PassiveAce wrote:
Dude hackers mindset is so annoying. People can seriously rationalize ANYTHING, the human mind is amazing.


are you referring to me? i said i still dont know if i am using that gun, because i still dont see the unfair advantage i would get out of it, sure it is an advantage but its not that i cant be killed or heard while shooting it. I have yet to hear a counterargument.

I say use it why not. People take DayZ way to seriously. Remember it is just a video game and is meant to be a source of entertainment. Run around shoot a few people lose the gun when you slip up, no big deal. If you want to be the white knight and be all for I guess "ethics" then just drop it and let it despawn.
We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
ffswowsucks
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Greece2298 Posts
July 27 2012 16:15 GMT
#4276
Makarov and guns in general getting so much nerf, its silly atm.
Terran in particular is a notoriously strong race for a no brain skillhand bot style.
FXOpen
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1844 Posts
July 27 2012 16:23 GMT
#4277
Damn, just died.

Was my most fun/successful time yet, 12 murders! :D
www.twitter.com/FXOpenESports
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 16:24:27
July 27 2012 16:23 GMT
#4278
On July 28 2012 01:03 Maxhster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2012 00:15 Jochan wrote:
Now it all makes sense, I haven't played a lot with Mani, but he seemed shady. Like last time, we drove a car and it exploded killing us both. He was mad, trying to blame me saying it was my fault because we hit a car at 90 km/h, but it all makes sense now. He is a bad person anyways.


HAHA! not funneh

Show nested quote +
On July 28 2012 00:57 PassiveAce wrote:
Dude hackers mindset is so annoying. People can seriously rationalize ANYTHING, the human mind is amazing.


are you referring to me? i said i still dont know if i am using that gun, because i still dont see the unfair advantage i would get out of it, sure it is an advantage but its not that i cant be killed or heard while shooting it. I have yet to hear a counterargument.

No of course im not referring to you, I was just making a general statement.
no offense intended, I know your a good man
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
July 27 2012 16:27 GMT
#4279
On July 28 2012 01:23 FXOpen wrote:
Damn, just died.

Was my most fun/successful time yet, 12 murders! :D


Oh the different ways we measure success in DayZ.....
Benjef
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom6921 Posts
July 27 2012 16:35 GMT
#4280
New patch is out ! :D
<3 | Dota 2 | DayZ | <3
Prev 1 212 213 214 215 216 352 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6992
Rain 3702
Leta 2437
Soulkey 418
Soma 343
BeSt 297
Rush 213
Barracks 169
soO 162
firebathero 155
[ Show more ]
Stork 104
Sexy 56
Killer 44
Shinee 33
Shine 31
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 17
HiyA 15
Sharp 12
sorry 10
Terrorterran 5
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc3560
XcaliburYe172
League of Legends
JimRising 495
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns25093
WinterStarcraft638
Pyrionflax193
Sick158
singsing5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 67
• Sammyuel 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2224
League of Legends
• Jankos2405
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
39m
Patches Events
5h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 39m
OSC
13h 39m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.