• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:10
CEST 22:10
KST 05:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8821 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 68

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 93 Next
fearpLug
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany153 Posts
August 26 2012 12:24 GMT
#1341
even if u get in, u still dont get in cause after 3-4 login server fail in char screen ull get kicked out.. awesome..
Artok
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands2219 Posts
August 26 2012 12:24 GMT
#1342
Down again ehhh, some hyping material meanwhile:
Chun-li since ST
vanTuni
Profile Joined October 2009
389 Posts
August 26 2012 12:25 GMT
#1343
On August 26 2012 21:22 jtype wrote:
Yup, can't log in on this new build.

Really enjoying the game though. I'm suprised how different it feels now I don't have to try to do everything all in one weekend. I can take my time and enjoy all the details now.

same. even going back to older areas to check some events out is fun
dcnb
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria45 Posts
August 26 2012 12:26 GMT
#1344
On August 26 2012 21:22 jtype wrote:
Yup, can't log in on this new build.

Really enjoying the game though. I'm suprised how different it feels now I don't have to try to do everything all in one weekend. I can take my time and enjoy all the details now.


yeah feel the same, was so sure that i will only pvp but now im pumped for pve aswell
Bumblebee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3237 Posts
August 26 2012 12:26 GMT
#1345
Oh are we on Whiteside Ridge? Nice. I've started playing with my friends on Whiteside Ridge before reading this thread. Very nice ^_^ I'm 14 Sylvari Ranger and 10 Asura Necro.

Bumblebee.4217
There is no difference between a knight and any other man aside from what he wears. @robinnymann
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
August 26 2012 12:31 GMT
#1346
I finished the Sylvari starting zone then randomly walked to Azuran land without realising it. Was engaged with the fire elemental world boss for about 20 minutes and when he reached 15% the servers went down.

A bit exasperating but sooooooo much fun.

Anyway regarding guild invites, the guild is currently FUBARed and Valashu is currently unable to send out invites or make people officers (the game tells him he's not in a guild at all for some reason). Once this is fixed he'll make a couple people officers and we'll make sure to start sending all the invites out.
Moderator
Batch
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden692 Posts
August 26 2012 12:32 GMT
#1347
Got back in. :D
XythOs
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
Germany520 Posts
August 26 2012 12:43 GMT
#1348
I love how almost everything gives considerable xp in the game. Almost got a level after I learned my professions and crafted a little bit. You can really enjoy every aspect of the game as it rewards you for exploring so much. =)
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
August 26 2012 12:49 GMT
#1349
I'm definitely getting this game on the 28th first thing in the morning D:
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
ZaaaaaM
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1828 Posts
August 26 2012 12:51 GMT
#1350
Posted this in the other GW2 thread as I thought this was just for the guild, but getting no responds from the sleepings american TLers hehe. So maybe one of you can answer some of these questions?

About a week ago I didnt even know it was coming at 28-08, but think im gonna pick it up on tuesday. Got 2 more questions tho.

Read some stuff from 1month+ back where that if youre dead, youre not really dead, you have to be finished off by a 5 second cast ability, making it impossible to 1v2 people? Also, no DR on CC?

Thinking of going with a human necromancer. Can anyone give some advice on playing male or female animation wise? Like when I played WoW, when you played a human rogue, you had to pick a female because their animations were just way way way cooler.

edit: And whats your ping on US servers like when playing from EU?
no dude, the question
qanik
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1899 Posts
August 26 2012 13:13 GMT
#1351
I never played this game nor the predecessor so I have a few questions if someone would kindly answer them :D
I'm a former wow player, so I guess I'll use some of wow's terminologies.

So here it goes

Is there any distinction between races other than their appearance? Like racial benefits, so that certain race is stronger with certain class?

Is Profession the same as class? Can you change it later in the game?

My main in wow was a mage, what is the equivalent class to mage in GW2? Mesmer, Elementalist, Necromancer??
Best Teemo World
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
August 26 2012 13:26 GMT
#1352
On August 26 2012 22:13 qanik wrote:
I never played this game nor the predecessor so I have a few questions if someone would kindly answer them :D
I'm a former wow player, so I guess I'll use some of wow's terminologies.

So here it goes

Is there any distinction between races other than their appearance? Like racial benefits, so that certain race is stronger with certain class?

Is Profession the same as class? Can you change it later in the game?

My main in wow was a mage, what is the equivalent class to mage in GW2? Mesmer, Elementalist, Necromancer??

Only appearance and story etc, though if I remember correctly, there are some race-specific utility skills.. but since the game is focused on PvP, it has to be balanced, so a race can't be allowed to be better at a class.

Profession is like professions in WoW, and you can do them all.

Nothing in GW2 is equivalent to WoW, the combat system is completely different. Elementalist is a mage, but it doesn't play at all like a mage in wow, nothing does.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
August 26 2012 13:29 GMT
#1353
Each race has their own 'racial abilities' but these are deliberately designed to be weaker than standard skills to prevent imbalance. They're mainly cosmetic fun abilities.

Profession is the same as class, yes. You can't change it later in game.

The necromancer is more similar to warlock, I guess. The elementalist is probably closest to the mage. The mesmer is also primarily magic casting but has a tricky 'now there's 4 of me, I'm here now I'm there' sort of feel to it. Bit hard to describe.
Moderator
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 15:19:23
August 26 2012 14:40 GMT
#1354
We decided to make an alternative guild to hold all TL members untill things are patched.

PM any of these people for an invite into the alternative guild; Bambivicious, Faa, Mayday D and Ya Ira

Everything relating to the guild features and the tradepost seems to be bugged beond belief.
The game itself is a blast though.

EDIT: I'm unable to join the new guild as well :'(
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
August 26 2012 17:53 GMT
#1355
I'll start playing tomorrow, since I only have 1 day early access. I heard guilds were bugged... is ours working?
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
XllX
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany23 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 19:14:29
August 26 2012 19:05 GMT
#1356
sadly no. just got an invite into the alternative guild Valashu mentioned, but accepting the invite is bugged/impossible.

Edit: just got into the guild. at least the joining part seems to work now.
vijeze
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands719 Posts
August 26 2012 19:12 GMT
#1357
I want to join the guild. Where can we ask for an invite
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
August 26 2012 19:12 GMT
#1358
Considering all guilds are fubared atm, we probably should just wait then all go back to the original guild.
Moderator
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
August 26 2012 19:15 GMT
#1359
seems to be a server issue mess eh?

well I should be getting mine tomorrow, or tuesday on the very least, hopefully it'll work by then (would also be nice to be able to join the guild :s)
Lenwe
Profile Joined March 2008
Netherlands757 Posts
August 26 2012 19:33 GMT
#1360
Picked the game up today, will install tomorrow on my own PC and then I'd like to join the guild as well. Will play a mage like character.
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O0
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason102
BRAT_OK 51
Railgan 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16595
Mini 353
Dewaltoss 181
Hyuk 135
ggaemo 114
firebathero 106
Terrorterran 16
ZZZero.O 0
Dota 2
Gorgc6337
febbydoto15
League of Legends
Doublelift1949
Counter-Strike
Fnx 808
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4952
Khaldor1430
crisheroes966
Liquid`Hasu860
Other Games
summit1g4986
FrodaN2294
fl0m1039
Beastyqt844
mouzStarbuck305
KnowMe290
ArmadaUGS147
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 91
• Adnapsc2 28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 42
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10097
Other Games
• imaqtpie834
• Shiphtur257
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 50m
INu's Battles
15h 50m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 50m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.