• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:15
CEST 21:15
KST 04:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7859 users

Soul Calibur V - Page 8

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
March 01 2012 23:37 GMT
#141
On March 02 2012 08:21 Murlox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 16:22 Mjolnir wrote:

I can't believe they removed Taki.



Why
the
fuck
would they remove Taki

Natsu can't move. I just don't get it.



Nacho does waaaay more damage than Taki ever did.
moo...for DRG
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
March 19 2012 14:12 GMT
#142
My god the patch notes!!
I'm so happy the developers actually give a shit about this game...for once.

https://sdtekken.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/soulcalibur_v_battle_system_update_march_2012.pdf
moo...for DRG
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
March 19 2012 23:41 GMT
#143
Some of those changes are pretty weird though, like Siegfried getting nothing but nerfs?? Fuzzy guard is fixed, not sure if QS4G is fixed, anyway guess we'll know for sure how everything pans out once the patch is released. I do like the approach the team had with it though: there was fan speculation over a patch about a month and a half ago, but no details. Now they announce that the patch will be released within a week. That's way better than the SF4 AE DLC where everyone had to wait like 3 months!
Moderator
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
March 20 2012 00:01 GMT
#144
QS4G has been fixed
it's lumped into the fix of 4G increase vulnerability frames.
What's more interesting is that this completely nerfs nightmare's 44G...something that was a part of many pro-nightmare's games since his backstep was so damn good and gives him space to do his midrange setups. Now it's no longer safe.
moo...for DRG
Signus
Profile Joined February 2009
United States269 Posts
April 11 2012 02:05 GMT
#145
http://www.own3d.tv/teamspooky

Soul Calibur V World Championship.
FromShouri
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States862 Posts
April 11 2012 02:57 GMT
#146
On April 11 2012 11:05 Signus wrote:
http://www.own3d.tv/teamspooky

Soul Calibur V World Championship.


Thanks for that, interesting matches so far...hoping Akire goes all the way.
Limited Edition, lets do some simple addition, $50 for a T-Shirt is just some ignorant bitch shit.
Rad
Profile Joined May 2010
United States935 Posts
April 17 2012 04:04 GMT
#147
http://majorleaguegaming.com/prizefights

Like the SC2 prizefight from yesterday, there's a poll between Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur 5 on which should be the next one. I'm hoping this thread catches some soul calibur fans and misses all the MK fans because they're destroying us right now =P

Go to the site, click Poll on the right, vote for SC5. If you click the "back to poll" link below after you've voted, you can vote again, up to 50 times (per time period, not sure how long that time period is). Don't feel bad about doing this because after 50 votes they tell you you're out of votes, so the poll is set up this way!

The MK guys here are out to make it 99% to 1% and I feel they'll be able to do it without some community support. I don't want to see SC5 get that destroyed just because the MK community has a big heads up. It doesn't look like MLG has tried to contact anyone significant from either community because the MK community didn't know till some member told them about it, and I don't think the SC5 community knew until I told them about it. I've tried to get 8wayrun in on it so we'll see how that goes, but I'm a starcraft 2 guy so I'm not sure where else to turn
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
April 17 2012 06:15 GMT
#148
On April 17 2012 13:04 Rad wrote:
http://majorleaguegaming.com/prizefights

Like the SC2 prizefight from yesterday, there's a poll between Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur 5 on which should be the next one. I'm hoping this thread catches some soul calibur fans and misses all the MK fans because they're destroying us right now =P

Go to the site, click Poll on the right, vote for SC5. If you click the "back to poll" link below after you've voted, you can vote again, up to 50 times (per time period, not sure how long that time period is). Don't feel bad about doing this because after 50 votes they tell you you're out of votes, so the poll is set up this way!

The MK guys here are out to make it 99% to 1% and I feel they'll be able to do it without some community support. I don't want to see SC5 get that destroyed just because the MK community has a big heads up. It doesn't look like MLG has tried to contact anyone significant from either community because the MK community didn't know till some member told them about it, and I don't think the SC5 community knew until I told them about it. I've tried to get 8wayrun in on it so we'll see how that goes, but I'm a starcraft 2 guy so I'm not sure where else to turn


I'll tell Rich about it tomorrow morning. Maybe he can get some tweets out.
Moderator
Rad
Profile Joined May 2010
United States935 Posts
April 17 2012 06:49 GMT
#149
On April 17 2012 15:15 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 13:04 Rad wrote:
http://majorleaguegaming.com/prizefights

Like the SC2 prizefight from yesterday, there's a poll between Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur 5 on which should be the next one. I'm hoping this thread catches some soul calibur fans and misses all the MK fans because they're destroying us right now =P

Go to the site, click Poll on the right, vote for SC5. If you click the "back to poll" link below after you've voted, you can vote again, up to 50 times (per time period, not sure how long that time period is). Don't feel bad about doing this because after 50 votes they tell you you're out of votes, so the poll is set up this way!

The MK guys here are out to make it 99% to 1% and I feel they'll be able to do it without some community support. I don't want to see SC5 get that destroyed just because the MK community has a big heads up. It doesn't look like MLG has tried to contact anyone significant from either community because the MK community didn't know till some member told them about it, and I don't think the SC5 community knew until I told them about it. I've tried to get 8wayrun in on it so we'll see how that goes, but I'm a starcraft 2 guy so I'm not sure where else to turn


I'll tell Rich about it tomorrow morning. Maybe he can get some tweets out.


<3 :D Sounds great. May the best game win really, though I'm just happy that it's actually a competition now. I didn't want to see MK destroy SC5 and it end up being a message to MLG to not support soul calibur.

I've given the 8wayrun guys a heads up and their community is now beating MK
Nickemwit
Profile Joined December 2007
United States253 Posts
April 17 2012 07:14 GMT
#150
I just don't think any Soul Calibur is gonna come close to the first. I played all the subsequent ones, and none of them seemed right. I think they should replay Soul Blade/Edge and remember how even a clunky and ghetto feeling fighter can have great gameplay.
Fight Fire with ShrieK
BreakfastBurrito
Profile Joined November 2011
United States893 Posts
April 17 2012 07:21 GMT
#151
Nightmare will forever creep me out
twitch.tv/jaytherey | Yapper891 if you are reading this, PM me. its Twisty.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
June 09 2012 19:42 GMT
#152
Anybody watching MLG? Tokido vs Keev, the match is hype as fk, but the commentary is terrible. -_-
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-09 19:49:36
June 09 2012 19:48 GMT
#153
On June 10 2012 04:42 Cel.erity wrote:
Anybody watching MLG? Tokido vs Keev, the match is hype as fk, but the commentary is terrible. -_-


Just tuned in. Good match between those two. Keev is such a monster =( That move (I think it's 3AA?) is unsafe but I don't think Viola has the range to punish it.

BrewtusBibulus and Juicebox on commentary... not so great for analysis, their commentary is more like "WHOA! WOW! OOOOH!" hahaha
Moderator
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
June 09 2012 20:25 GMT
#154
Damnit I missed the SCV matches between Tokido and Keev. And ... is there a fighting game Tokido doesn't automatically know how to play? lol, that kid's like a FG genius.
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
June 10 2012 23:02 GMT
#155
On June 10 2012 05:25 KissBlade wrote:
Damnit I missed the SCV matches between Tokido and Keev. And ... is there a fighting game Tokido doesn't automatically know how to play? lol, that kid's like a FG genius.

He went out pretty early. Aside from that France taking it home when Stephano can't deliver. Though the translating from Kayane was quite bad, especially since she has to translate for the guy who beat her.
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM916
TKL 326
TaKeTV 309
IndyStarCraft 211
BRAT_OK 99
ZombieGrub47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 916
TKL 326
IndyStarCraft 211
MaxPax 165
BRAT_OK 99
UpATreeSC 94
JuggernautJason48
ZombieGrub47
Nathanias 34
EmSc Tv 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 697
ggaemo 160
White-Ra 146
firebathero 92
Barracks 64
910 51
Killer 27
Bale 25
Trap 24
Shine 21
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 15
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva5457
Counter-Strike
Fnx 762
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8416
crisheroes1752
Liquid`Hasu1612
Trikslyr62
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4047
summit1g2405
singsing1382
Beastyqt800
ceh9605
shahzam439
B2W.Neo366
C9.Mang0148
ArmadaUGS145
KnowMe124
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream419
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 20
EmSc2Tv 20
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 172
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2132
• TFBlade989
Other Games
• Shiphtur316
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 45m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.