• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:28
CEST 02:28
KST 09:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8673 users

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Page 966

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 964 965 966 967 968 1121 Next
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
August 26 2015 09:54 GMT
#19301
On August 26 2015 14:13 caiovigg wrote:
So, I started watching CSGO this weekend and the event was great. But is CSGO really that EU based? I mean, there was 11 EU teams on cologne and the 8 teams of ESL dubai are from EU...

The guys from the CS scene don't give a shit to develop other regions or are the EU teams are just that good?

The NA scene is now actually 200% stronger as it was about 6 months ago. They are still a lot behind EU, but there's a good chance we'll see some actual NA - EU rivalry soon.
In Asia some Pay2Win CS is actually more popular than CS:GO, because it's F2P.
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
August 26 2015 10:28 GMT
#19302
I really dont get how some people say "its hard to hate them because they are so good" or "how can you hate a good team like fnatic"

Both things are completely unrelated, thats not how fans mind works.
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Bacillus
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland2112 Posts
August 26 2015 10:29 GMT
#19303
On August 26 2015 07:01 Souma wrote:
The thing is, it wasn't actually banned by DreamHack. It wasn't in their rule book if I remember correctly. While I don't agree with Fnatic using it anyway, a lot of the blame has to be placed on DreamHack. A rule that is not clearly stated is no rule at all.

In general I think the quality of esports tournament organizing hasn't quite caught up with the amount of money involved.

Hearthstone had an incident where a player got some silly messages from his friends during a 25000 dollar tournament final or something along those lines. Since there was no mention about it on the rules(?!) and no direct indication of cheating, the guy got to keep his title. Obviously there's no way telling whether there's some hidden messages involved though. As far as I've understood, the winner still has a bit sketchy reputation because of the incident.

Good anti-cheat rules are almost as necessary for the protection of the players as they're there to help the spectators enjoy the game.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
August 26 2015 10:45 GMT
#19304
On August 26 2015 19:28 Faruko wrote:
I really dont get how some people say "its hard to hate them because they are so good" or "how can you hate a good team like fnatic"

Both things are completely unrelated, thats not how fans mind works.

Well, I won't speak for others, but I find it hard to hate them because they are so good. You can hate/love whoever you want.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
August 26 2015 11:09 GMT
#19305
On August 26 2015 19:45 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2015 19:28 Faruko wrote:
I really dont get how some people say "its hard to hate them because they are so good" or "how can you hate a good team like fnatic"

Both things are completely unrelated, thats not how fans mind works.

Well, I won't speak for others, but I find it hard to hate them because they are so good. You can hate/love whoever you want.


The only reason I can think of is that if one player/team dominates for too long in a way that it frows boring. Like with Flash in bw. Sometime down the line it started to get boring for me when he had his maphack mod on. I was still impressed (of course) but on the other hand it didn't feel like there was anything the other side could do, lol.
That's not the case for fnatic though. They aren't that far ahead and still lose series or give close matches.
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
August 26 2015 11:23 GMT
#19306
About the hate, pronax said they just doesn't care because they have a lot of fans they can focus on if they want some public reactions to their play, and they can just ignore the haters.

Soooo, I dunno what purpose it serves right now (esp. after all they're blamed for is starting to get old).
LiquipediaWanderer
Sableyeah
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands2119 Posts
August 26 2015 11:56 GMT
#19307
It did serve a purpose, did you see Olof on stage after VP Semis? Taz had to step it.
BoA | Sunny | HyunA | ChoA | Hyemi // Preoccupied with a single leaf, you won't see the tree. Preoccupied with a single tree and you will miss the entire f0rest - Takuan Soho
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
August 27 2015 03:03 GMT
#19308
finally got to LE on my main :D

[image loading]
[image loading]

feels good
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
August 27 2015 03:25 GMT
#19309
Thought you've hit LE before. Back during the pre-mass VAC wave time.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
August 27 2015 03:55 GMT
#19310
I hit LE on an alt with like 50 games or something, and I've been in a lot of DMG/LE/LEM games on my main, but it's never been LE.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-28 01:19:02
August 28 2015 01:17 GMT
#19311
About the hate on Fnatic:
Richard Lewis talked about it on the latest podcast with Thorin, and said that Fnatic were getting booed at their own fucking press conference.
They talk about it at around that time (1h44min if the link is not working):


Disheartening to hear. How much of a dickbag can someone really be to do thing like that at a press conference.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
August 28 2015 01:53 GMT
#19312
that is pretty depressing =\
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
August 28 2015 01:56 GMT
#19313
It's okay.

I love Fnatic. I love pronax. I love JW.

That's all the love they'll ever need.

/fangirl
Writer
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-28 02:47:46
August 28 2015 02:46 GMT
#19314
On August 26 2015 19:45 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2015 19:28 Faruko wrote:
I really dont get how some people say "its hard to hate them because they are so good" or "how can you hate a good team like fnatic"

Both things are completely unrelated, thats not how fans mind works.

Well, I won't speak for others, but I find it hard to hate them because they are so good. You can hate/love whoever you want.


well Im not a fan, and I dont root for them in tournaments. But they are good and I would cheer for them just like any other team.

I was at Ti3 when I was living in Seattle (the last one in Benaroya_ and atleast in my observation there were way more Na'vi fans in the final and throughout the tournament but everyyyone cheered for both teams and even after both teams got crazy ovations.

People were just happy to be there and enjoy top level Dota.

I honestly hated the way the Swedes won. But I cheered for them nonetheless when they did.

I dont get it at all. Ok dont cheer. But God dont be disrespectful of the winner when they earned it. I just cant wrap my head around how juvenile that is.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-28 03:15:11
August 28 2015 03:14 GMT
#19315
I am a bit of a fan of Fnatic but that is probably because I haven't followed CSGO for very long, I ocasionally watched a tournament(and so I kinda missed the Olofpass debacle) or the nip BM handshake or whatever. I have watched them on streams and stuff and they seem genuinely good and fun people(I suppose it could be an act). Olof and Pasha together=golden entertainment usually. Even if they were BM in the past (I wouldnt know) then it seems as though they have shapen up their act.

It was honestly quite satisfying to see JW swagwalk up to the ESL cologne trophy like haters gonna hate boo all you want we are the best motherfuckers.

I like most teams in CSGO though, each team has some likeable personalities or players, Olof, Pasha, Guardian, Taz, Freakazoid, Karrigan etc.

Hating/disliking teams/people is different from not respecting them.

I disliked Flash in BW but I respect his achievements and his play

I would always cheer against him tho.
WriterXiao8~~
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 28 2015 05:25 GMT
#19316
Hm I have always disliked fnatic in like every game lol always seems like their players are rude and full of themselves.

But the CSGO fnatic is just idk takes it to a whole new level from what I have seen so I always cheer against them regardless how good they are :p.

I'm a hater what can I say I would be lying if I said I wasn't.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Ota Solgryn
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark2011 Posts
August 28 2015 06:41 GMT
#19317
Am I the only one who is underwhelmned by the after math coverage of this Major? I remember the last time a lot of really good, funny, interesting videos came out along with other content.
This just feels very... meh.
ihasaKAROT: "Wish people would stop wasting their lives on finding flaws in others"
RiZu
Profile Joined February 2012
Singapore5715 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-28 06:51:19
August 28 2015 06:48 GMT
#19318
lol after playing AVA for awhile, coming back to CS:GO feel so weird. The game is so different compared to another FPS. CS nades are still better though <3
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-28 07:45:19
August 28 2015 07:44 GMT
#19319
On August 27 2015 12:55 tofucake wrote:
I hit LE on an alt with like 50 games or something, and I've been in a lot of DMG/LE/LEM games on my main, but it's never been LE.



Mate im sure i used to watch you stream at LE+ level back when i was like a nova shitlord.

and now that im curious, poll time!

Poll: MM Rank?

LE-LEM (9)
 
39%

SMFC-GE (6)
 
26%

MG1-MG2 (3)
 
13%

MGE-DMG (3)
 
13%

Silver (1)
 
4%

Nova (1)
 
4%

23 total votes

Your vote: MM Rank?

(Vote): Silver
(Vote): Nova
(Vote): MG1-MG2
(Vote): MGE-DMG
(Vote): LE-LEM
(Vote): SMFC-GE

Useless wet fish.
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5029 Posts
August 28 2015 07:47 GMT
#19320
I just a in game notification (where overwatch is) saying someone in my party was recently VAC banned. I can't find this person though, and no one on my friends list has a vac ban for csgo. wtf. It even took one win way from me. Anyone else?
"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
Prev 1 964 965 966 967 968 1121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings45
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 143
NeuroSwarm 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11602
Rain 2006
Artosis 579
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift4044
Counter-Strike
taco 0
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox613
Mew2King221
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1062
Other Games
summit1g9768
shahzam704
Day[9].tv655
JimRising 502
PiGStarcraft269
C9.Mang0232
ArmadaUGS82
ViBE63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv655
• Scarra557
• Shiphtur192
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 32m
OSC
21h 32m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.