• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:51
CEST 00:51
KST 07:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9591 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 12

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 698 Next
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
May 12 2011 15:38 GMT
#221
Anyone play Tropico 3? It seems really awesome and it got decent reviews. Seems like Sim City only not as kid friendly. Kind of reminds me of a game I loved WAYYY back, I think simply titled Gangsters. That game was all about leading your gang and doing gangster stuff trying to take over neighborhoods, bribing city officials etc. I know Tropico 3 is supposed to be more city building and stuff but that's ok.

For me and hopefully anyone else on the fence about Tropico:

Poll: Would you recommend Tropico 3 (w/ Expansion)?

No (6)
 
55%

Yes (5)
 
45%

11 total votes

Your vote: Would you recommend Tropico 3 (w/ Expansion)?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No

It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
HenL
Profile Joined February 2010
Norway111 Posts
May 12 2011 15:46 GMT
#222
Dunno about Tropico 3, but that game you mentioned sounds like constructor:
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/constructor
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
May 12 2011 16:01 GMT
#223
On May 13 2011 00:46 HenL wrote:
Dunno about Tropico 3, but that game you mentioned sounds like constructor:
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/constructor


Actually it was Gangsters: Organized Crime. Although that game you mentioned might be more similar to Tropico 3 as you actually build things (I think).

http://store.worldstart.com/product/2495
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
May 12 2011 16:11 GMT
#224
i recommend tropico 3 to any city building fans. there is a surprising amount of depth and challenge to it if you play on the higher difficulty settings.

as a RTS player you will find a lot of fun in multitasking between balancing a budget, giving civilians jobs, supressing rebel uprisings, appeasing the capitalist or communist party, and defending office against competitors by any means necessary.
The Show of a Lifetime
drooL
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom2108 Posts
May 12 2011 16:22 GMT
#225
omg how i could i miss the dragon-age deal?
@nowSimon
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
May 12 2011 16:25 GMT
#226
don't worry man, dragon age is frequently on sale if you're patient enough. summer sale will almost certainly have it featured.
The Show of a Lifetime
deek
Profile Joined September 2010
Scotland69 Posts
May 12 2011 17:55 GMT
#227
Time to update original post

Serious Sam is back on sale at 75% off for this weekened, Offer ends Monday at 10am Pacific Time.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901553/
Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition -75% £29.99 £7.49
Includes Serious Sam HD First and Second Encounter, plus the original versions from 2001 and 2002!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4507/
Serious Sam HD: Double Pack -75% £21.99 £5.49
Includes 2 items: Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter

Serious Sam HD -75% £11.99 £2.99

Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -75% £17.99 £4.49

I hit my head on the registering button. =/
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
May 12 2011 18:50 GMT
#228
I put up a serious poll! Go state your recommendations in the OP. Also thanks for the £ prices, i added these too.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
eLiE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1039 Posts
May 16 2011 20:08 GMT
#229
Well if Reddit is telling me correctly, there is going to me new steam sale every day from now on, which makes me ever so happy!
How's the weather down there?
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
May 16 2011 20:13 GMT
#230
I could've swore the Summer sale started in mid-June. The earlier the better I guess?
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
May 16 2011 20:22 GMT
#231
On May 13 2011 00:38 Charger wrote:
Anyone play Tropico 3? It seems really awesome and it got decent reviews. Seems like Sim City only not as kid friendly. Kind of reminds me of a game I loved WAYYY back, I think simply titled Gangsters. That game was all about leading your gang and doing gangster stuff trying to take over neighborhoods, bribing city officials etc. I know Tropico 3 is supposed to be more city building and stuff but that's ok.

For me and hopefully anyone else on the fence about Tropico:

Poll: Would you recommend Tropico 3 (w/ Expansion)?

No (6)
 
55%

Yes (5)
 
45%

11 total votes

Your vote: Would you recommend Tropico 3 (w/ Expansion)?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No




For 6€ it's like a gift imho...

It's not the best game ever, but I easily put 20hours into over the weekend.



Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising on Sale for 5moneys today.
Kevmeister @ Dota2
SixTwo
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands68 Posts
May 16 2011 23:04 GMT
#232
Hmm steam sale every day, that kinda sounds too good to be true. here's hoping some strategy games show up there .

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising on sale today, I have actually played this game when it got released, I didn't go trough single player and don't know if there is one. A bunch of friends and I bought this game because it's one of the few FPS shooters that has an Editor, Arma series has it too. We made a bunch of missions and placed units around etc and then had a go at it.

If you're looking for a shooter to tryout with friends I think you should give this game a try, not the best of the best but I've had fun for a while .
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 17 2011 03:51 GMT
#233
[image loading]

I felt this was suitable :3
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
May 17 2011 04:09 GMT
#234
On May 17 2011 05:22 FliedLice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2011 00:38 Charger wrote:
Anyone play Tropico 3? It seems really awesome and it got decent reviews. Seems like Sim City only not as kid friendly. Kind of reminds me of a game I loved WAYYY back, I think simply titled Gangsters. That game was all about leading your gang and doing gangster stuff trying to take over neighborhoods, bribing city officials etc. I know Tropico 3 is supposed to be more city building and stuff but that's ok.

For me and hopefully anyone else on the fence about Tropico:

Poll: Would you recommend Tropico 3 (w/ Expansion)?

No (6)
 
55%

Yes (5)
 
45%

11 total votes

Your vote: Would you recommend Tropico 3 (w/ Expansion)?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No




For 6€ it's like a gift imho...

It's not the best game ever, but I easily put 20hours into over the weekend.



Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising on Sale for 5moneys today.


Tropico is fun but its not too hard except for some of the random missions which are hard because they throw curve balls you can't see coming which is bad in a way. Its still fun though and I would recommend it if oyu can get it under 10 quid.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-17 04:11:09
May 17 2011 04:10 GMT
#235
On May 17 2011 12:51 Torte de Lini wrote:
[image loading]

I felt this was suitable :3


God I feel the same way. I dread and love the gigantic steam sale thread around the holidays because theres so many games at stupid low prices that I want but theres only so much money to give
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
May 17 2011 05:35 GMT
#236
I dunno what else could go on sale during the Summer that I don't already have. I pretty much bought all the big titles in the past two years over the last 2-3 big seasonal sales. I guess CoDs and Dragon Age 2?
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
May 17 2011 17:14 GMT
#237
Majesty II is on sale today for $3.40. Doesn't come with any of the DLC which is a shame, but if you've been living under a rock and haven't played this game yet it's a great RTS. It can get slightly annoying at times when you can't get your heroes to do what you want, but that's the nature of the game.

Not entirely sure it's worth it without the DLC though. I'll bet there will be another sale (summer) where you can get the game and all the DLC for a great price.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-17 17:30:58
May 17 2011 17:30 GMT
#238
On May 18 2011 02:14 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Majesty II is on sale today for $3.40. Doesn't come with any of the DLC which is a shame, but if you've been living under a rock and haven't played this game yet it's a great RTS. It can get slightly annoying at times when you can't get your heroes to do what you want, but that's the nature of the game.

Not entirely sure it's worth it without the DLC though. I'll bet there will be another sale (summer) where you can get the game and all the DLC for a great price.


As someone who bought the Majesty 2 when it first went on sale long ago, I can say it is easily worth $3.40. If you enjoyed the first one, go ahead and spend the four bucks. You will be pleased.
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
May 17 2011 20:16 GMT
#239
i'm sorry for not updating the OP right now, but i'm very swamped with work these days. I kinda dread these daily deals, i guess i'll have to decide on some policy how do process those, but i don't have the time to get into it right now. For now, feel free to use this thread for open discussion and if you find it suitable just open up your own poll on some game that's for sale. I won't kill anyone, i promise
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Bondator
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland120 Posts
May 17 2011 23:39 GMT
#240
Since everyone tells me that SC2 community is the most awesomest group of people ever, I've been wondering could there be enough super awesome people from USA that could help the rest of us get some games cheaper? (Do canadians have the same price btw?)

While Steam sales are often awesome, they usually have this weird idea that $6.80 = 13.60 € or similar. I find it insulting, and I believe many australians feel my pain too. But it is possible for someone over there buy with your price, and then gift it to another region. (and then get paid with paypal or something) I don't want to buy any game right now, but I've been thinking of creating a topic that would list people who are willing to help. It's just that this kind of help is pretty one-directional, and me being on the receiving end would only make me look like a beggar.

Also, are US prices on steam what they advertise they are, or is there some % of tax added in the end?
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/520440/1/Bondator/
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft353
Nina 128
ViBE96
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14994
ZZZero.O 182
firebathero 104
Hyuk 65
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm167
febbydoto70
League of Legends
Doublelift3924
Counter-Strike
Fnx 954
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5666
Other Games
summit1g8255
FrodaN2385
JimRising 455
mouzStarbuck440
KnowMe265
ArmadaUGS132
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1164
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• musti20045 34
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie787
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 9m
INu's Battles
13h 9m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 9m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 9m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.