• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:15
CEST 20:15
KST 03:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8580 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 11

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 698 Next
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
May 08 2011 21:24 GMT
#201
Just bought bc2 without any expansions, excited to play it but steam download is incredibly slow atm, no idea why, i was downloading portal 2 at about 5.4mb/s and atm i have a download speed of 0.045mb/s or 45kb/s , dont know what is going on.
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
May 08 2011 21:26 GMT
#202
I already had bfbc2. I just bought the vietnam expansion. It's okay I guess, but it seems really crowded, and there are a lot of grenades going off everywhere.
I also don't like how the attackers spawn closer to the m-comm stations than the defenders do on most maps.
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
May 08 2011 21:27 GMT
#203
On May 09 2011 06:21 SixTwo wrote:
oh wow, $7 or 13€, how do they even think this is fair, I was looking forward to BC2 just to see what it's like, what I could expect from BF3, now I'll probably skip on buying both, this is retarded. I got ripped off buying portal2 like this, 50€ to me, or 50$ to anyone in the US. I can't believe they can still do this.

we shouldnt forget that we Europeans also get our salary in € and not in $, so theres not really a reason to complain, or am i missing anything? ofc steam earns more from us, but why should they give us the US prices?
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
muse5187
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
1125 Posts
May 08 2011 21:28 GMT
#204
On May 09 2011 06:24 smallerk wrote:
Just bought bc2 without any expansions, excited to play it but steam download is incredibly slow atm, no idea why, i was downloading portal 2 at about 5.4mb/s and atm i have a download speed of 0.045mb/s or 45kb/s , dont know what is going on.


Ya I usually max out my connection also but I can't seem to get over 200KBPS no matter what server I use today. =[
Lori_ftw
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany286 Posts
May 08 2011 21:57 GMT
#205
On May 09 2011 06:27 Enox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2011 06:21 SixTwo wrote:
oh wow, $7 or 13€, how do they even think this is fair, I was looking forward to BC2 just to see what it's like, what I could expect from BF3, now I'll probably skip on buying both, this is retarded. I got ripped off buying portal2 like this, 50€ to me, or 50$ to anyone in the US. I can't believe they can still do this.

we shouldnt forget that we Europeans also get our salary in € and not in $


HAHAHA! Are you kidding me? I doesn't matter if € or $ ...EU pays 300% MORE!
möp
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
May 08 2011 22:30 GMT
#206
ofc we pay more but my point is, that we also earn more
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
Lori_ftw
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany286 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 22:40:31
May 08 2011 22:39 GMT
#207
No we don't you doesn't get it!

Du kannst $ nicht mit € vergleichen! Die Lebenshaltungskosten sind in den USA ganz andere dazu sind die Gehälter ja auch nicht 1:1 gleich. Die Amis bekommen halt z.b. Statt 1500€ eben 2000$.
Es ist ja bei allem anderen auch so, dass wir nicht 300% MEHR bezahlen.

Fakt ist: 300% mehr zu zahlen ist eine Frechheit.


€: Still looking for a US-Gifter for BC2. :O
möp
XenOmega
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2822 Posts
May 09 2011 03:37 GMT
#208
Is BC2 worth the buy, assuming BF3 coming out in a few months? Its very tempting, because I am getting a little bit bored of SC2 due to me playing only team games... However, I don't want to throw 8$ away at a game that I won't fully enjoy because BF3 will crush it (Assuming it will)

Thoughts?

Robert
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
May 09 2011 03:42 GMT
#209
Are there still plenty of people who play BC2? I would hate to buy it (even at this amazing price) if there are like 10 people on at any given time.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
Kogu
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada83 Posts
May 09 2011 04:10 GMT
#210
On May 09 2011 12:42 Charger wrote:
Are there still plenty of people who play BC2? I would hate to buy it (even at this amazing price) if there are like 10 people on at any given time.


lots of people play BC2, you wont have a hard time finding a server and spend many hours gaming.
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
May 09 2011 04:42 GMT
#211
On May 09 2011 13:10 Kogu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2011 12:42 Charger wrote:
Are there still plenty of people who play BC2? I would hate to buy it (even at this amazing price) if there are like 10 people on at any given time.


lots of people play BC2, you wont have a hard time finding a server and spend many hours gaming.


Awesome thank you, I certainly cannot pass up this deal!
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
May 09 2011 05:02 GMT
#212
On May 09 2011 12:37 XenOmega wrote:
Is BC2 worth the buy, assuming BF3 coming out in a few months? Its very tempting, because I am getting a little bit bored of SC2 due to me playing only team games... However, I don't want to throw 8$ away at a game that I won't fully enjoy because BF3 will crush it (Assuming it will)

Thoughts?

Robert


If you're having qualms about "throwing away 8$" then maybe you shouldn't browse Steam sales.

Whether you'll be able to enjoy the game or not is something we won't be able to tell you unless you tell us more about your gaming preferences. BC2 is the game for you if you enjoy FPS multiplayer based on squad-level teamwork, where you can still get things done if you work on your own but get rewarded highly if your team manages to work together instead. However, if you're looking for endless hours of single player entertainment or multiplayer that encourages rambo-like solo playing then you shouldn't invest into the game.

Also, considering that BF3 is scheduled for release in Q4/2011, you still have at least half a year to toy with what's widely considered to be one of the best multiplayer FPS games (which still has a huge and vibrant community). 8$ is a steal for this game.
ibutoss
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Australia341 Posts
May 09 2011 05:03 GMT
#213
oh man I missed most of these sales but luckily I dont really like EA games that much. Does valve usually have summer sales too? wouldnt mind portal2, Cs:s & TF2.
Nada got Yooned
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
May 10 2011 21:36 GMT
#214
Btw i reccomend Tropico reloaded, Disciples 3 ren, and patrician IV for those inclined to like the type of games. (also seriously tropico is like 1.50 get it even if you don't like them)
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 22:08:48
May 10 2011 21:58 GMT
#215
I've put up a list of these games, but i'm way to lazy to make this many polls =) Just post here, which games you recommend!

/edit: I also added the hearts of iron III list, this is newly released or something and thus down 70% or whatever. Never heard of it, has anyone else?
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
May 11 2011 07:02 GMT
#216
I just bought the "Patricians and Merchants" pack. I've always wanted to try the Patrician series and I've read some good reviews of Darkstar One before. Never heard of The Great Art Race, but 2,49€ for three games is dirt cheap.

Patricians and Merchants Pack on Steam
Patrician III + Darkstar One + The Great Art Race
2,49€
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
May 11 2011 11:41 GMT
#217
You missed Commandos in your listing. They're part of the Kalypso strategy pack.

All four of them are on sale...Kinda outdated, but for ~$1.50 they should hold your interest for a few hours if you're inclined to puzzle solving.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
May 11 2011 14:59 GMT
#218
On May 11 2011 20:41 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
You missed Commandos in your listing. They're part of the Kalypso strategy pack.

All four of them are on sale...Kinda outdated, but for ~$1.50 they should hold your interest for a few hours if you're inclined to puzzle solving.


He didn't miss them. Commandos just isn't available on Steam in Germany.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-11 20:58:36
May 11 2011 20:54 GMT
#219
I can see why that would be the case, but seems rather silly ^_^

[image loading]

I played through Behind Enemy Lines first which is probably why I like it more. As I said before, they're pretty good puzzle/strategy games and well worth the $1.50 they cost. The rundown of the game is that you control a bunch of commandos, each with unique abilities/items and you must accomplish covert ops to help win the war. They generally involve blowing things up which is always a fun time
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
May 11 2011 20:58 GMT
#220
Oh man, so many hours lost playing commandos, trying to figure out how to not get killed and how to not sound any alarms, such awesome games !
Definetly recommend picking up all of them if you didnt play it before.
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 248
BRAT_OK 60
MindelVK 17
JuggernautJason12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25699
Mini 412
Hyuk 204
firebathero 174
ggaemo 136
Mong 47
Dewaltoss 41
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 25
Dota 2
Gorgc10275
febbydoto5
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1364
crisheroes1153
Liquid`Hasu780
Other Games
Grubby3180
FrodaN2444
fl0m1042
Beastyqt761
KnowMe181
mouzStarbuck171
Livibee151
ArmadaUGS119
Mew2King58
Trikslyr47
ToD33
Chillindude27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 92
• StrangeGG 53
• Adnapsc2 19
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 7
• blackmanpl 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8433
• WagamamaTV247
Other Games
• imaqtpie803
• Shiphtur299
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 45m
INu's Battles
17h 45m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 45m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.