• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:10
CEST 17:10
KST 00:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8005 users

Alpha Centauri

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
October 27 2004 08:27 GMT
#1
I bet a lot of you have played this, very well made, game. Which I am currently playing, and yeah, it is great fun but it sometimes creeps me out completely.. And it like makes me feel uneasy..

I guess I've come to realize how gigantic a failure I'd be if I ever tried to lead anything.. I mean, it somehow made me doubt my ability to do things right.. I guess I'm too much of an idealist to play this game and not feel bad.

This probably sounds pretty confused and possibly dumb but the game has made me think a lot..

Still, great fun and really well made game but it's a bit dark - perhaps gothic and it has somehow made me uneasy.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
October 27 2004 08:28 GMT
#2
Okay reading this over this is probably the most confusing post I've made..
I'll see if I can fix it somehow in the morning, I don't seem to be able to put words to my thoughts.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Meat
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands3751 Posts
October 27 2004 08:32 GMT
#3
On October 27 2004 17:28 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Okay reading this over this is probably the most confusing post I've made..
I'll see if I can fix it somehow in the morning, I don't seem to be able to put words to my thoughts.

i thought you should have had enough practise with almost 10k posts
Administrator
LetMeBeWithYou
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada4254 Posts
October 27 2004 08:32 GMT
#4
actually =[ What is alpha centauri? lol never heard sorry
All Those beneath an angry star
XDawn
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
Canada4040 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-10-27 08:33:13
October 27 2004 08:32 GMT
#5
I HAVE THIS BOOK! I tried to read it 2 years ago but I didn't understand crap because I didn't know the game, and now it is still unread haha =)

can you give me a demo link?
Use it or lose it
pheered.user
Profile Joined March 2003
United States2603 Posts
October 27 2004 08:33 GMT
#6
i concur
Looking for Skilled players to join an Active, Involved clan. PM Me for Details.
IDWIJNI-
Profile Joined February 2003
Mexico332 Posts
October 27 2004 08:34 GMT
#7
Then: WATCH THE MOVIE!
DanCboh
Profile Joined September 2003
United States36 Posts
October 27 2004 08:43 GMT
#8
ya i know what u mean frozen, i got my dusty version of alpha out and installed it, began my planetary quest to somehow be good at that game NOW. Well i still suck, still afriad to win! wahh that game is scary. seriously i hate this game and i am uninstalling it again.
koit
Profile Joined July 2004
United States450 Posts
October 27 2004 08:44 GMT
#9
OMG BEST GAME EVER

yeah, it used to freak me out too ^^;

I played this while everyone else jumped to starcraft =[
aka f(x)dx
nvnplatypus
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Netherlands1300 Posts
October 27 2004 09:50 GMT
#10
I played that game a ton, it's so hard on max difficulty
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
October 27 2004 10:17 GMT
#11
I tried the demo years ago. Couldn't figure out how to do anything, couldn't be bothered to struggle past the steep learning curve. Keep in mind that that was my 1st sid mierer (sp?) game.
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
mindspike
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Canada1902 Posts
October 27 2004 10:22 GMT
#12
games last too long to be played against humans
playing against the computer is not nearly as fun

zerg/human - vancouver, canada
Cygnus
Profile Joined February 2004
United States853 Posts
October 27 2004 10:49 GMT
#13
i was into that game for a little while, I even made a few custom factions thats really fun ^_^
koit
Profile Joined July 2004
United States450 Posts
October 27 2004 10:51 GMT
#14
On October 27 2004 19:17 EAGER-beaver wrote:
I tried the demo years ago. Couldn't figure out how to do anything, couldn't be bothered to struggle past the steep learning curve. Keep in mind that that was my 1st sid mierer (sp?) game.


meier :D !
aka f(x)dx
haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
October 27 2004 18:01 GMT
#15
It's a great game, i have played all civilisation games. Its great fun but gets a bit repetitative after a few hours...
Rillanon.au
Fedaykin
Profile Joined February 2003
Netherlands2003 Posts
October 27 2004 18:05 GMT
#16
Alpha Centauri confused me the first time I tried it... Takes a little to to get used to, when that's done --> great game
haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
October 27 2004 18:22 GMT
#17

Whats really annoying is when ur faction grew too big and ur enemy is big as well. When u pass ur turn to the coms, it takes them forever to finish, so i have to wait like 5 mins before playing my turn again... stupid.. Its hideous when u are playing 8 factions and populate the entire map.
Rillanon.au
ToKoreaWithLove
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Norway10161 Posts
October 27 2004 18:36 GMT
#18
I usually get enogh of game series after playing one game to death. civ 2 did it :o
ModeratorFather of bunnies
gravity
Profile Joined March 2004
Australia2330 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-10-27 20:00:57
October 27 2004 19:20 GMT
#19
SMAC is great, but it's buggy and the computer is retarded :/. Multiplayer is way more fun than against the computer, but it takes forever. I took part in an amazing 7-team play-by-email game earlier this year, and it was all the better since my team (Gaians) won a joint victory despite getting planet-bustered :D (we launched a few of our own ^_^).

edit: and the tech-quotes in this game are really cool and well done.
Furthermore, tournaments should use matchup-specific maps
KontraBanned
Profile Joined October 2004
Portugal10 Posts
October 27 2004 19:53 GMT
#20
I like this game a lot, even nowdays i still play sometimes.

For me its far superior to civilization II. I think the tech concepts, the facions and the map are so inovative. Specialy the tech concepts are amazing, who came up with that stuff??
I like the terraforming a lot, usually i make a lot of raise terrain to get room for more bases, since i dont like sea bases.

In the transcend dificulty its hard, i can only win all the times with Peacekeepers and Gaians. With University not always, and the others dont really know, since i am a mix of perfectionist and expansionist, im not really a full militarist unlesse my oponents start very close to me right in the start. I think the morganities are very low ballanced. Usually i like playing with university cause its really boring to start having riots so soon (2, 3 or 4 pop) in transcend dificulty.


Btw, if someone wants to make a game add me msn: kontra@iol.pt and we'll play sometime!
Someone banned me from TL. Hmm i must have really touched something that hurt him
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
Codebar 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2754
Shuttle 1437
EffOrt 926
BeSt 705
Light 426
Mini 403
ggaemo 341
Stork 276
ZerO 253
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Rush 167
Barracks 135
Zeus 65
Dewaltoss 63
Killer 63
Shine 55
Hyun 39
Mong 33
Shinee 31
Yoon 31
Aegong 28
ToSsGirL 28
Sexy 27
Bale 22
sorry 22
soO 21
Terrorterran 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
yabsab 9
zelot 6
Dota 2
qojqva3705
Dendi1633
BananaSlamJamma380
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes538
Other Games
singsing2255
hiko1253
Liquid`RaSZi1151
B2W.Neo916
Lowko391
Liquid`VortiX238
Sick177
ArmadaUGS134
Rex98
Trikslyr24
Mew2King15
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream424
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile117
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2225
• Nemesis2136
• TFBlade682
Other Games
• WagamamaTV288
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 50m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.