• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:08
CEST 12:08
KST 19:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8174 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 584 585 586 Next
SweetNJoshSauce
Profile Joined July 2010
United States468 Posts
December 12 2010 06:34 GMT
#41
On December 12 2010 15:03 MarwanBaki wrote:
Oblivion, first game to decimate systems and bring PCs to their knees. As much as i am excited for this, do i dare imagine specs needed for a full on experience. <3 you Bethesda though.



Why? I guarantee you this game will be designed for the Xbox 360 and then ported to the PC. Any decent gaming rig will probably laugh at this game
Freak705
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada231 Posts
December 12 2010 07:29 GMT
#42
I lost countless hours of my life to Oblivion. I used to skip entire days of high-school to play it. Come this time next year, I will have no life. Oh no...
Yaqoob
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Canada3408 Posts
December 12 2010 07:31 GMT
#43
I think I will get a new computer just for this game. I didn't really like the story of Oblivion (as noted above by many posters), but I couldn't stop playing it lol
김택용 Fighting!
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
December 12 2010 07:40 GMT
#44
Really excited about this.

Got a feeling i'm going to need a new comp to run it tho.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 07:42:03
December 12 2010 07:40 GMT
#45
They should really learn from New Vegas and add non-level-scaled enemies and dynamic factions. They probably won't though, since the trailer already says you're the dragon-born/chosen one.

Also no one's gonna need a new computer to run an Xbox 360 game rofl, especially on a forum where people can mostly run SC2, unless it's horribly optimized like lots of recent PC ports.
NIIINO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Slovakia1320 Posts
December 12 2010 08:05 GMT
#46
cant wait ! : (((((( why so late ?!
vetinari
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia602 Posts
December 12 2010 08:08 GMT
#47
On December 12 2010 15:34 SweetNJoshSauce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 15:03 MarwanBaki wrote:
Oblivion, first game to decimate systems and bring PCs to their knees. As much as i am excited for this, do i dare imagine specs needed for a full on experience. <3 you Bethesda though.



Why? I guarantee you this game will be designed for the Xbox 360 and then ported to the PC. Any decent gaming rig will probably laugh at this game


The mods. You could run oblivion fine on maxed settings on a semi decent computer, but once you thrown in qarls texture pack 3, AEVWD (or one of the other versions), body mods, item skins, combat mods, FCOM, you'd basically get -60 FPS.

Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
December 12 2010 08:35 GMT
#48
On December 12 2010 13:40 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Hopefully they go back to everything morrowind, skills and everything, and port it to the new graphics engine they are using. That should be the base for the new game.

No autoleveling mobs, maybe fast travel between only major cities. Give me back levitation and jumping, make magic casters more viable at low levels (it's fucking impossible to kill anything with 10 damage on touch spells). Improve the magic casting, there are so many additions they can add now (longer and shorter casting animations to simulate a "cast time".), one and two handed spell casting to make a mix between oblivion fast casting and morrowind casting and weapon switching. I want more spells, more skills (that are useful, unlike enchanting), not less! I also enjoy the crippling of limbs from fallout, and it would be amazing if they could add that to the game some how so it isn't just face rolling into enemies and clicking really fast. More spells like blind and confused that alter your interactions, anything that makes combat more interactive. Hopefully they will do some voice acting, and reading, because I really don't like listening to the same 10 voice actors using different voices. And I want an epic storyline! Oblivions was boring and short.

They have many of the great beginnings, and many good improvements they can make. I would enjoy seeing what other people think could be improved.

edit: oh and change back stealing, how the hell does anyone know what's stolen? I like the morrowind version where people know when something is stolen and will attack anyone selling any item of that type.

Oblivion made a lot of improvements compared to Morrowind.
Stealth was improved to incorporate lighting and such.
Physics made for some fun traps, and a lot of other stuff.
Bows were better with physics and poisons were a huge boost to marksmen characters and alchemists. Crossbows weren't really missed.
I didn't mind losing spears since there weren't enough of them anyway in Morrowind, so if you picked spear you were fucked. Blunt makes more sense than splitting up axes and maces or however it was. Medium armor is superfluous, I think. Unarmored was kind of lame - the oblivion system of Shield spells and spell effectiveness made more sense I think. The idea of a character who gets less armor when he puts on a suit of armor makes no sense. Or if it does, the Oblivion way of that happening is a better way I think.
Blade needs to be seperated out to long and short, though. I think weapons should show their dps or at least attack speed or something. Thievy characters need short blades and warriors need long blades so it makes sense to seperate them. Meanwhile, there aren't any common character types that want medium armor rather than light or heavy, I feel.
Also, levitation would ruin combat because any character without a ranged attack couldn't hit you. And what does it add to the game? A little bit of fucking around?
Lockpicking minigame was better than morrowind lockpicking.
There are a bunch of other improvements so I hope people enjoy those instead of blanketly continuing to say all changes from Morrrowind to Oblivion were worse.
Also they added mounts. Hopefully they add mounted combat in some form.
Combat was way better when you couldn't hit something with a sword thirty times and do zero damage due to invisible dice rolls.
Staves were kinda lame. I stayed away from them usually since recharging is expensive and you can often just use spells. They need to be changed somehow.
Vivec was cool but a beyotch to navigate. No towns in Oblivion were that frustrating but they needed more differentiation. With all of Skyrim covered in snow, that could be a problem again. Hopefully, they make the towns look very different from the outside, and then they could feel different on the inside. The Oblivion cities are actually pretty differentiated, but it is subtle so it took me much play time before I began to appreciate it. Morrowind is pretty in your face about it, with tree towns, and crabshell mansions, and fortress towns, and Vivec.



Regenerating magika was welcome for me. Fast travel is essential - I had to use coc codes all the time in Morrowind. Casting was better than in Morrowind although I think you are right on that they should add "haste" or maybe make willpower control cast speed or something like that.

One/two handed spell casting? Meh.

Enchanting isn't useful? It's one of the most useful things. Enchanting was nerfed in Oblivion but it had to be somewhat - otherwise there is no reason to go looking for loot and you can make your own items that are better than legendary daedric artifacts.

Levitation would be kind of cool but I didn't miss it too much. I certainly didn't miss having to use it to get through Telvanni areas although I do miss the architectural diversity of Morrowind and having to levitate did accentuate that.

I didn't really mind the voice actors, except when beggars started talking normally.

There are some epic stories in Oblivion, like the thieves guild questline. The quest design got a lot better in Oblivion compared to Morrowind, with a quest based on The Most Dangerous Game, some great daedric quests, the painting quest and the dream quest. A lot of surprising and memorable ones.

It's a bit weird but I like the fencing better in Oblivion. Morrowind was just stupid because as soon as you sell something that ticks off the buyer you just hit f5.

All in all, I am stoked. Elder Scrolls is probably my favorite series of games to play. Only games I might like more than TES III / IV would be Ocarina of Time / Majora's Mask. Starcraft is my favorite game to watch, but not to play.
Skyrim seems to make the most sense. I like the Khajiit so I would have rather played in Elsweyr, or Black Marsh, or Valenwood, or Summerset Isle... but Skyrim is better than rehashing Hammerfell or High Rock or gosh forbid Cyrodil. I've started reading up on Skyrim lore and it's actually pretty interesting. You can anticipate the Falmer (snow elves) filling a role similar to the dwemer in morrowind and the aylieds in Oblivion. Also, there are Greybeards which could do something similar to Moth Priests.
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
December 12 2010 08:39 GMT
#49
On December 12 2010 17:08 vetinari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 15:34 SweetNJoshSauce wrote:
On December 12 2010 15:03 MarwanBaki wrote:
Oblivion, first game to decimate systems and bring PCs to their knees. As much as i am excited for this, do i dare imagine specs needed for a full on experience. <3 you Bethesda though.



Why? I guarantee you this game will be designed for the Xbox 360 and then ported to the PC. Any decent gaming rig will probably laugh at this game


The mods. You could run oblivion fine on maxed settings on a semi decent computer, but once you thrown in qarls texture pack 3, AEVWD (or one of the other versions), body mods, item skins, combat mods, FCOM, you'd basically get -60 FPS.


This game will not bring PCs to their knees. I'm sure Bethesda never expected that 5 years after Oblivion we would still not be anywhere near a new Microsoft or Sony console, but here we are. They can't really do a whole new engine until there are new consoles.

I actually got a new computer specifically for Oblivion, it was the first game I really needed that my PC couldn't even fathom. Actually, Oblivion was the last game that really made me feel wowed, as if I was witnessing a new generation of games. Seeing an arrow stick into a bucket and having it tilt due to the arrow's weight blew my mind when I saw the early gameplay videos. Of course, I take it all for granted now... The other moments like that for me would be seeing Super Mario 64 for the first time, and seeing that moment from Sonic Adventure with Sonic running in front of the orca.

Of course mods can make the game harder to run, I mean there are mods for Morrowind that make it look better than vanilla Oblivion.
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
December 12 2010 08:41 GMT
#50
I hope bethesda takes a good look at Morrowind, takes what was really great about that game (atmosphere, non-generic game world, story and background, weapon and armor choices) and combines it with what was good about Oblivion (graphics, and that's pretty much it). I'm not the only one who thinks that Morrowind remade on the Oblivion engine would be one of the best games ever.
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
December 12 2010 08:44 GMT
#51
Also, I would recommend http://www.uesp.net to anyone playing really any of the Elder Scrolls games. I'm currently playing through Oblivion and being able to explore the wiki makes the lore a lot more accessible and interesting. It also has pretty much all the quest bugs documented so you can avoid them or (if you are on PC) fix them.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
December 12 2010 09:03 GMT
#52
Why gamebryo, oh god why.
alypse
Profile Joined May 2010
2784 Posts
December 12 2010 09:08 GMT
#53
FUCK YEAH!!! A big fan of Oblivion here. I can't wait for this.

Oblivion has a lot of stupid limitations like encumberment, auto-leveled mobs, and every freaking citizen in the world looks almost the same! Hope ES V will change these. Not sure if my rig can handle it when it's out though :/
KT Violet 1988 - 2012
vvSiegvv
Profile Joined March 2010
United States364 Posts
December 12 2010 09:22 GMT
#54
FUUUU reading this thread makes me want to replay Morrowind so bad now........and it's finals week. =/
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
December 12 2010 09:47 GMT
#55
I just hope they will keep this as moddable as Fallout NV and oblivion.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 09:58:08
December 12 2010 09:50 GMT
#56
When I read this thread I went;

"Oh wow fuck shit FUCK SHIT!!!!"

Screaming out loud by myself. I feel insane now.




But seriously, I've been waiting for this since a month after having played Oblivion. I can't waiiiiiiiit! Been a fan of the game series since Daggerfall, and I've spent so obscenely much time on it.

Edit: Anyhow, from the trailer, we can assume it'll be a civil war going on in Skyrim, and you'll be the dragonborn, sent out to destroy some dragon king or something. Thin story as usual, but the game should be fun none the less.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
December 12 2010 09:51 GMT
#57
On December 12 2010 14:09 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 13:40 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
I want more spells, more skills (that are useful, unlike enchanting), not less!


Enchant was an extremely good skill in Morrowind. :/

Why would you level your enchant skill when you can just get a npc to enchant for you, without the chance of failure, unless you make +50000 luck potions so you can't fail. Enchant was a worthless skill, with very little applicable uses.
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
December 12 2010 09:51 GMT
#58
On December 12 2010 18:08 alypse wrote:
FUCK YEAH!!! A big fan of Oblivion here. I can't wait for this.

Oblivion has a lot of stupid limitations like encumberment, auto-leveled mobs, and every freaking citizen in the world looks almost the same! Hope ES V will change these. Not sure if my rig can handle it when it's out though :/

What are your thoughts on the encumbering system?
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
December 12 2010 09:52 GMT
#59
On December 12 2010 18:51 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 14:09 Mindcrime wrote:
On December 12 2010 13:40 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
I want more spells, more skills (that are useful, unlike enchanting), not less!


Enchant was an extremely good skill in Morrowind. :/

Why would you level your enchant skill when you can just get a npc to enchant for you, without the chance of failure, unless you make +50000 luck potions so you can't fail. Enchant was a worthless skill, with very little applicable uses.

Can't you use potions to boost things to make insane enchantments? I'm not sure I didn't do too much enchanting in morrowind.
speedphlux
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria962 Posts
December 12 2010 09:59 GMT
#60
I just hope they've fixed their bugged game engine before they release it. Would be a terrible game otherwise.
... Humanity Is Not What I Suffer From ...
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 584 585 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22013
firebathero 2201
Bisu 720
Hyuk 443
Horang2 272
BeSt 210
Sexy 123
EffOrt 121
Larva 120
Leta 112
[ Show more ]
Soma 98
Light 94
Killer 83
Dewaltoss 82
ZerO 52
ToSsGirL 48
Rush 41
Pusan 40
soO 40
Sharp 37
Yoon 36
Barracks 33
Shinee 25
Bale 23
Aegong 21
NaDa 18
Sacsri 18
sorry 17
Hm[arnc] 16
JulyZerg 11
Noble 6
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Fuzer 178
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1254
byalli749
kRYSTAL_49
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor952
crisheroes770
Other Games
gofns32858
singsing1717
olofmeister1068
Mew2King99
ArmadaUGS41
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2378
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 53m
OSC
11h 53m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 53m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.