• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:06
CEST 00:06
KST 07:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6473 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 63

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 179 Next
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 06 2012 18:37 GMT
#1241
On March 07 2012 03:11 Krowser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 01:06 Firebolt145 wrote:
On March 07 2012 01:04 crms wrote:
is this game worth buying (PC version) if I've never played ME1 or ME2? I'm also a little skeptical about all of the DLC, random complaints about bioware/EA's decisions in the games development? Is it as big a deal now that the game is released?

It's worth it, but it becomes a billion times better if you've played them before.

I'm planning to replay both MW1 and MW2 through while waiting for my new beast of a computer to arrive in 2 weeks so I can fully enjoy ME3 in all its graphical glory.


So... Mass Effect 3 follows the story of Modern Warfare 2?

Haha oops :<
Moderator
chip789
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada199 Posts
March 06 2012 18:39 GMT
#1242
Any tesslation packs in the future for enhanced graphics on PC?
Dude....I love Starcraft.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
March 06 2012 18:40 GMT
#1243
ok, i think ill grab this game then.

i may wait a week or so to see if it goes on steam sale. I still have to play Deus:EX HR, that I got on sale for $9 last week!
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
March 06 2012 18:46 GMT
#1244
On March 07 2012 03:40 crms wrote:
ok, i think ill grab this game then.

i may wait a week or so to see if it goes on steam sale. I still have to play Deus:EX HR, that I got on sale for $9 last week!


this game wont be on steam ever. Mass Effect 3 is on Origin so I highly doubt they'll ever give it to steam.
Gonn
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany19 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 18:59:53
March 06 2012 18:49 GMT
#1245
On March 07 2012 03:28 skindzer wrote:
For those who have finished the game.. how long is it?


Read Reviews. Mostly 30-50hrs depending on Difficulty/Playstye and if you import a Level30 Char lolz. But no one should buy ME3 if they don't played ME1/ME2. Buy ME1 for 5$ and ME2 for 10$ and until you played through both you can get ME3 for 20$.
Or just torrent all 3 for free, but play 1+2 before 3!!!
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 06 2012 18:54 GMT
#1246
On March 07 2012 03:46 Skilledblob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 03:40 crms wrote:
ok, i think ill grab this game then.

i may wait a week or so to see if it goes on steam sale. I still have to play Deus:EX HR, that I got on sale for $9 last week!


this game wont be on steam ever. Mass Effect 3 is on Origin so I highly doubt they'll ever give it to steam.

I presume he meant buying ME1 and 2.
Moderator
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 19:13:56
March 06 2012 19:00 GMT
#1247
On March 07 2012 03:46 Skilledblob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 03:40 crms wrote:
ok, i think ill grab this game then.

i may wait a week or so to see if it goes on steam sale. I still have to play Deus:EX HR, that I got on sale for $9 last week!


this game wont be on steam ever. Mass Effect 3 is on Origin so I highly doubt they'll ever give it to steam.

Probably if EA wants origin to actually be something they need some exclusives in order to bring people in, same way valve works you wanna play our games you play on our terms.

How many games are, even if you bought it retail you must use steam? What Civ4? MW2 3 etc. any valve game, the newer of the total war series, dawn of war 2 i think, and fear 2/3(fear 1 didn't need steam though), world of goo, plants vs zombies, Saints Row 2/3, Serious Sam HD, Torchlight, Borderlands, Just Cause 2, Metro 2033?, Fallout: New Vegas, newer parts of the Warhammer 40k series, Dead Island, Deus Ex, Skyrim. I mean there are plenty of games that you must play with steam, a shit ton even considering it's locking up entire series.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 06 2012 19:02 GMT
#1248
Do yourselves a favor and play as a Vanguard -- particularly if you're importing a level 30 character from ME2.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
March 06 2012 19:23 GMT
#1249
I'm so glad i played the beta i'm used to the more jumpy movement, it gives alot of control you just need to know what you're doing.
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
March 06 2012 20:03 GMT
#1250
On March 07 2012 04:02 xDaunt wrote:
Do yourselves a favor and play as a Vanguard -- particularly if you're importing a level 30 character from ME2.


so do you really keep the level of the character you imported and get to spend the skillpoints too? Wouldnt that kill all the fun when you are super strong right at the beginning?
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 06 2012 20:14 GMT
#1251
On March 07 2012 05:03 Skilledblob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 04:02 xDaunt wrote:
Do yourselves a favor and play as a Vanguard -- particularly if you're importing a level 30 character from ME2.


so do you really keep the level of the character you imported and get to spend the skillpoints too? Wouldnt that kill all the fun when you are super strong right at the beginning?


Yes, you keep the skill points. I imported a level 30 ME2 character, and started with 59 available skill points (1 was invested in inferno ammo by default). That allowed me to max out charge and nova from the getgo, and make significant investments into Fitness and Assault Mastery.

It doesn't kill the fun unless you're playing on a weak difficulty level. I'm playing on hardcore for my first playthrough, which is probably roughly equivalent to ME2's insanity, if not a little harder. I'm actually really surprised at how many enemies you fight at any given time. Even with my souped up start, I still have to be careful what I charge into. That said, charging into singularities = win.
Gonn
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany19 Posts
March 06 2012 20:31 GMT
#1252
You can edit your ME2 Savegame and change your char to level1-10. With level25+ at the beginning the game is a joke.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
March 06 2012 20:38 GMT
#1253
ME3 Teaching us that if you want information ease drop on people.
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
March 06 2012 20:47 GMT
#1254
So I cannot transfer my character's face over to Mass Effect 3.

I am so sad. I can't believe they would do this.
Retvrn to Forvms
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 21:19:50
March 06 2012 21:18 GMT
#1255
On March 07 2012 05:47 Chrispy wrote:
So I cannot transfer my character's face over to Mass Effect 3.

I am so sad. I can't believe they would do this.

you could always open me2 and copy the code which should be under the squad tab top left of the screen when you're looking at Shepard, mine imported just fine although the eyebrows look a little funky.

You can also only import finished games, ie post suicide mission.
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 21:29:59
March 06 2012 21:29 GMT
#1256
I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. Going through the game slowly and enjoying every moment I can.

Playing with lvl 30 char from the get go on Hardcore. I'm not into action much so it's pretty decent difficulty for me, at least for now, since I try alot of things. No I-WIN tactics for me yet. Pretty random.

Game feels more ME1 than ME2. Normandy feels like home again... Glad they changed a few things with HUD. Don't like planet exploration right now at all. Feels redundant.

And I must say From Ashes DLC is truly a fucking ripoff. Went to do it straight when I got to galaxy map. And it felt very refreshing and pretty well done. I wouldn't be able to tell it's a random bonus material... considering it's about Protheans and an actual sidekick Prothean. All those small things you learn from it make all the previous experiences much more meaningful and you can reflect on them in a different light with new knowledge. Basically, it truly felt like a purposely cut out part of the full product to get more money. Glad I haven't payed anything for this game.
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 21:41:01
March 06 2012 21:33 GMT
#1257
On March 07 2012 06:18 semantics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 05:47 Chrispy wrote:
So I cannot transfer my character's face over to Mass Effect 3.

I am so sad. I can't believe they would do this.

you could always open me2 and copy the code which should be under the squad tab top left of the screen when you're looking at Shepard, mine imported just fine although the eyebrows look a little funky.

You can also only import finished games, ie post suicide mission.


Ah thanks I'll try that.

Sad thing is I lost all my scars and red eyes no matter what.

Edit 3: I can't find the code anywhere. I'm gonna create a new ME2 file and import the ME1 code since I'm pretty sure it shows up there.
Retvrn to Forvms
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
March 06 2012 21:33 GMT
#1258
Friday is sooo far away >.<
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
March 06 2012 21:47 GMT
#1259
On March 07 2012 06:33 Chrispy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 06:18 semantics wrote:
On March 07 2012 05:47 Chrispy wrote:
So I cannot transfer my character's face over to Mass Effect 3.

I am so sad. I can't believe they would do this.

you could always open me2 and copy the code which should be under the squad tab top left of the screen when you're looking at Shepard, mine imported just fine although the eyebrows look a little funky.

You can also only import finished games, ie post suicide mission.


Ah thanks I'll try that.

Sad thing is I lost all my scars and red eyes no matter what.

Edit 3: I can't find the code anywhere. I'm gonna create a new ME2 file and import the ME1 code since I'm pretty sure it shows up there.

Yeah the code sometimes buggs out when you import a me2 character for a new game+ i'd try to see you're first play though of your character
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
March 06 2012 22:28 GMT
#1260
I heard that + Show Spoiler +
Shepard can die in ME2
(ME2 spoiler....lol).

How does this factor into the story of ME3? Or, is that, if you want to "continue" the story in ME3, the above couldn't have happened?
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 126
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 166
firebathero 86
910 38
NaDa 30
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm87
Counter-Strike
Fnx 762
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0180
PPMD44
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9404
Liquid`Hasu1676
Trikslyr85
Other Games
summit1g7267
Liquid`RaSZi6093
shahzam554
JimRising 252
B2W.Neo206
Pyrionflax177
KnowMe126
ArmadaUGS75
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream318
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 69
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 34
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade957
Other Games
• imaqtpie1143
• Shiphtur227
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 55m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.