• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:04
CEST 21:04
KST 04:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7377 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 595

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 593 594 595 596 597 665 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
February 20 2015 19:28 GMT
#11881
My mom was cleaning up her house and found a super old journal of mine. Apparently my favorite illustrator in 1999 was Pete Venters lol
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
waffelz
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Germany711 Posts
February 20 2015 20:44 GMT
#11882
On February 21 2015 04:28 mordek wrote:
My mom was cleaning up her house and found a super old journal of mine. Apparently my favorite illustrator in 1999 was Pete Venters lol


Good choice I would say.
RIP "The big travis CS degree thread", taken from us too soon | Honourable forum princess, defended by Rebs-approved white knights
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
February 20 2015 22:28 GMT
#11883
On February 15 2015 11:24 WaveofShadow wrote:
So for those experienced in the slightest with MTGO, how exactly do I go about purchasing packs (for limited drafting) from bots? How do I know which ones are 'trustworthy?'


What do you mean trustworthy? It's not like they can scam you. I guess MAYBE they could scam your leftover credit that is less than 1 ticket but I've never encountered that. I use the Hogwarts bots or Goatbots though for buying boosters, whichever is cheaper at the time.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
February 21 2015 06:42 GMT
#11884
Finished building UR Twin...Deck is so much fun to play. Probably the deck I should have been playing from the start.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
February 24 2015 14:48 GMT
#11885
On February 15 2015 10:54 Fishgle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2015 10:50 MoonBear wrote:
Cut the counters. They're almost half of your non-creature spells, and if you rip a good card out of their hand then you've saved yourself from needing to counter it in the first place.

Makes sense. -2 mana leak, -2 spell snare -1 spell pierce. +2 Thoughtseize +3 Inquisition, does that sound good? Or do I cut the remands instead?

Remand and discard don't belong in the same deck. It's as easy as this.

Inquisition is an anti-tempo play. You spend 1 mana and a card to get a card. You get behind on tempo since you used more ressources than your opponent.
Remand is the opposite. The goal of remand is to catch a 3+ spell and put it back in its controller's hand. He's gonna play it again at some point, but you don't care, you'll win when he does that. Your goal is to get ahead on tempo.

They're polar opposites and they really should be kept separated as much as you can.

Here is a good example of a well thought-out Grixis Delver deck : http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/gpvan15/day-2-archetype-exemplars-2015-02-22

He only plays 1 counter, and that's Deprive. No conditionnal bullshit, just straight-up 1-for-1. Even if you have to counter a 1-mana play late in the game (say, a path on your Tasigur), it's ok. The deck was built for that anyway !
The legend of Darien lives on
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-24 16:20:54
February 24 2015 16:19 GMT
#11886
Thanks for explaining I never understood why people jammed Remands with discard, the durdling without actually durdling.

Also congrats to my good friend Jack Fogle for winning GP Memphis. He was totally on FB asking for UB or BUG control the day before lol.
Get it by your hands...
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-24 20:43:49
February 24 2015 20:43 GMT
#11887
I've been playing this RW aggro list I came up with on MTGO. So far I'm over .500 on MTGO with it. It's a lower-end alternative to the RW midrange decks playing brimaz, stormbreath, etc. THe main strength of the deck, I think, is in tempo swings with prowess creatures triggered by a cheap removal spell followed by an attack. Post-board I try to go control when facing midrange/green devotion decks by bringinig in banishing light, elspeth, end hostilities etc and taking out swiftspear.

Any thoughts on how this compares to RW midrange? Am I too vulnerable to removal compared to the resiliency that ashcloud and stormbreath provide?

4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Seeker of the Way
4 Monastery Mentor
4 Chained to the Rocks
4 Lightning Strike
4 Wild Slash
2 Gods Willing
2 Valorous Stance
2 Outpost Siege
2 Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
2 Ajani Steadfast
2 Evolving Wilds
4 Temple of Triumph
4 Wind-Scarred Crag
4 Plains
8 Mountain
4 Battlefield Forge

3 Erase
2 End Hostilities
2 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
1 Anger of the Gods
2 Hushwing Gryff
3 Goblin Rabblemaster
2 Banishing Light


On a side note, why is this Other Games forum hidden from the rest of the website? I don't see it anywhere.
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
February 24 2015 21:00 GMT
#11888
On February 25 2015 05:43 Doodsmack wrote:
On a side note, why is this Other Games forum hidden from the rest of the website? I don't see it anywhere.

At the bottom of the left sidebar you can click to Customise Sidebar. You likely have the Other Games subforum hidden.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
February 24 2015 21:08 GMT
#11889
On February 25 2015 06:00 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 05:43 Doodsmack wrote:
On a side note, why is this Other Games forum hidden from the rest of the website? I don't see it anywhere.

At the bottom of the left sidebar you can click to Customise Sidebar. You likely have the Other Games subforum hidden.

Does the strikethrough signify something? I noticed Dota has it and I imagine that's because of LD. I just tried to show it as I had wondered this as well and I don't see a change. It's in the Active Block with stuff checked below.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
February 24 2015 21:14 GMT
#11890
Yeah my Other Games is in the Active Block with a strikethrough. Not showing in the sidebar.
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
February 24 2015 21:16 GMT
#11891
On February 25 2015 06:08 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 06:00 MoonBear wrote:
On February 25 2015 05:43 Doodsmack wrote:
On a side note, why is this Other Games forum hidden from the rest of the website? I don't see it anywhere.

At the bottom of the left sidebar you can click to Customise Sidebar. You likely have the Other Games subforum hidden.

Does the strikethrough signify something? I noticed Dota has it and I imagine that's because of LD. I just tried to show it as I had wondered this as well and I don't see a change. It's in the Active Block with stuff checked below.

Yeah DotA is no longer an option.

On February 25 2015 06:14 Doodsmack wrote:
Yeah my Other Games is in the Active Block with a strikethrough. Not showing in the sidebar.

Hm under the Forum Customization section make sure all the components of Other Games are checked.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
February 24 2015 22:11 GMT
#11892
On February 25 2015 06:16 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 06:08 mordek wrote:
On February 25 2015 06:00 MoonBear wrote:
On February 25 2015 05:43 Doodsmack wrote:
On a side note, why is this Other Games forum hidden from the rest of the website? I don't see it anywhere.

At the bottom of the left sidebar you can click to Customise Sidebar. You likely have the Other Games subforum hidden.

Does the strikethrough signify something? I noticed Dota has it and I imagine that's because of LD. I just tried to show it as I had wondered this as well and I don't see a change. It's in the Active Block with stuff checked below.

Yeah DotA is no longer an option.

Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 06:14 Doodsmack wrote:
Yeah my Other Games is in the Active Block with a strikethrough. Not showing in the sidebar.

Hm under the Forum Customization section make sure all the components of Other Games are checked.


Same problem.
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
February 24 2015 22:22 GMT
#11893
Ok try this
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
February 25 2015 11:14 GMT
#11894
On February 25 2015 05:43 Doodsmack wrote:
Any thoughts on how this compares to RW midrange? Am I too vulnerable to removal compared to the resiliency that ashcloud and stormbreath provide?

Is there a single reason to not play Rabblemaster ? It's the best 3-drop in Standard and I really fail to see how Mentor is better in your deck.
The legend of Darien lives on
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
February 25 2015 19:01 GMT
#11895
I was working in rw for scg houston (ran out of time to clean up the sideboard so I played jeskai tokens), but I had 4 sieges main and couldn't figure out why nobody else did. It's so much better than all the other expensive spells and even makes land drops to cast the other expensive spells post-board.
Rabblemaster is bad on the draw in some matchups and is atrocious against wild slash but it's too good on the play to have 0 copies.
I've been impressed with mentor but it's cuttable. Not sure RW is the deck for it, it's a long game threat but siege is better for that and grandmaster is comparable as a late game card while being a relevant 2-drop in the mirror
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
SigmaFiE
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States333 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-25 19:24:07
February 25 2015 19:23 GMT
#11896
This is the block-constructed deck I am working on. Although tappedout tells me parts of my sideboard are illegal for block (they're Magic 2015 core. . . wtf?). But my LGS only has standard and draft play so this may or may not work. It is a WBR Warrior deck. Let me know your thoughts. WBR Warriors

Creature (24)
2x Battle Brawler
2x Bloodsoaked Champion
4x Chief of the Edge
2x Chief of the Scale
1x Daghatar the Adamant
2x Mardu Roughrider
2x Mardu Shadowspear
3x Mardu Strike Leader
3x Mardu Woe-Reaper
2x Seeker of the Way
1x Zurgo Helmsmasher

Enchantment (7)
1x Brave the Sands
1x Citadel Siege
1x Mardu Ascendancy
1x Outpost Siege
1x Palace Siege
2x Raiders' Spoils

Land (23)
2x Bloodfell Caves
2x Mountain
1x Nomad Outpost
7x Plains
7x Swamp
4x Wind-Scarred Crag

Instant (4)
3x Mardu Charm
1x Wild Slash

Sorcery (2)
2x Rush of Battle

Maybeboard (2)
2x Chandra, Pyromaster

Sideboard (11)
2x Aegis Angel
2x Shatter
2x Solemn Offering
2x Sorin, Solemn Visitor
1x Soulflayer
2x Utter End

I love it when I get all three of my siege's out.
https://johnemerson.artstation.com/
Wingblade
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1806 Posts
February 25 2015 20:39 GMT
#11897
I keep doing MTGO drafts and I keep getting mana screwed. And then I get decent mana bases and actually get to try to do stuff and my opponents seem to topdeck the perfect removal way too often. Game is hard.
PartinG fanboy to the max, Rain/Squirtle/Dear/Scarlett/Bbyong are cool too. I don't always watch Dota2 but when I do I have no clue what's going on. GOGO POWER RANGERS
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
February 25 2015 21:29 GMT
#11898
Core sets like M15 aren't part of blocks. Khans block is Khans of Tarkir and Fate Reforged.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
February 25 2015 23:29 GMT
#11899
On February 26 2015 06:29 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Core sets like M15 aren't part of blocks. Khans block is Khans of Tarkir and Fate Reforged.

If anything, M15 would be part of the "THS block" as it rotates together with it.
The legend of Darien lives on
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
February 26 2015 07:52 GMT
#11900
On February 26 2015 08:29 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2015 06:29 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Core sets like M15 aren't part of blocks. Khans block is Khans of Tarkir and Fate Reforged.

If anything, M15 would be part of the "THS block" as it rotates together with it.


Still can't deal with that despite it making sense.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Prev 1 593 594 595 596 597 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM976
TKL 319
TaKeTV 296
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 97
ZombieGrub36
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 976
TKL 315
IndyStarCraft 221
MaxPax 138
BRAT_OK 118
UpATreeSC 90
JuggernautJason35
ZombieGrub19
EmSc Tv 19
Nathanias 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 698
ggaemo 158
White-Ra 127
firebathero 100
Barracks 61
910 52
Killer 30
Trap 24
Bale 21
Shine 18
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 17
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4537
Counter-Strike
Fnx 796
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7574
crisheroes1819
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr60
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4244
singsing1661
summit1g994
Beastyqt762
ceh9652
B2W.Neo387
shahzam273
C9.Mang0154
ArmadaUGS132
KnowMe128
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream388
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 178
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 25
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2321
• TFBlade834
Other Games
• Shiphtur252
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 56m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.