• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:19
CEST 12:19
KST 19:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9249 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 523

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 521 522 523 524 525 665 Next
Varanice
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1517 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-22 03:24:20
March 22 2014 03:20 GMT
#10441
Here's the deck I'll be running from the scraps I could get together lol.
+ Show Spoiler +

Main deck: Azorius Control

3x Syncopate
1x Dispel
1x Revoke Existence
3x Last Breath
3x Azorius Charm
4x Detention Sphere
3x Dissolve
4x Supreme Verdict
1x Fated Retribution
4x Sphinx's Revelation - 27 instants/sorcs/enchant

2x Nightveil Spectre
2x Aetherling - 4 creatures total

2x Elspeth Suns Champion
1x Jace Architect of Thought -3 plainswalkers

4x Hallowed Fountain
4x Temple of Enlightenment
10x Island
8x Plains - 26 lands
~~~~~~~~~~
I might go back to 9/9 land split. Ill be trying on-site to get some more plainswalkers, mostly Elspeth.

Need to work on my sideboard mostly though, because I didnt get to test my deck more or less at all I was just guessing at what I need in here.. lol. Currently it is:
2x Jace Memory Adept
2x Render Silent
1x Banisher Priest
3x Essence Scatter
3x Celestial Flare
1x Revoke Instance
2x Pithing Needle
1x Fated Retribution

if theres anything I should be running in here that i'm not, please tell me.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 22 2014 03:29 GMT
#10442
Mutavaults and more Jaces. But that's pricey
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Varanice
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1517 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-22 03:43:03
March 22 2014 03:42 GMT
#10443
I might be able to get one more of each, but thats a maybe What would you take out for the Jaces?
www.twitch.tv/varanice
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
March 22 2014 03:58 GMT
#10444
I meant more Jace Architect. Nightveils probably.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Audemed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States893 Posts
March 22 2014 07:13 GMT
#10445
Anyone going to SCG LA tomorrow?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
March 22 2014 17:03 GMT
#10446
I need more modern/legacy playtesting buddies. If you'd like to do that, send me a PM or hop into the skype channel!
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
March 22 2014 17:39 GMT
#10447
there's a skype? :O Where do you playtest? I can't really afford to buy digital cards.
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
March 22 2014 18:49 GMT
#10448
he possibly plays on cockatrice
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
March 22 2014 19:29 GMT
#10449
Shhh... can't actually say that huehue
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
March 25 2014 22:40 GMT
#10450
is it just me or is G/R monsters falling out of popularity?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
March 25 2014 22:48 GMT
#10451
On March 26 2014 07:40 Whole wrote:
is it just me or is G/R monsters falling out of popularity?


Its Jund monsters now.
Get it by your hands...
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-25 23:16:11
March 25 2014 23:15 GMT
#10452
Well I haven't seen that in like a week either.
Terrestrialrage
Profile Joined February 2011
United States122 Posts
March 26 2014 13:26 GMT
#10453
Still a very solid archetype, has game against most of the big tier decks out right now. Its big problem is that it has to play 8 mana accelerants and 23 lands, meaning after turn 5 half of your draws are essentially dead. If you don't have a Domri/Courser to give you some game I find the deck just dies. Also relies really heavily on Stormbreath in the control matchups. Made 2nd place in a recent bronze event (65~ ppl) with Jund Monsters, losing in the finals to an aggressive version of GR Monsters (4x Boon Satyr 4x Ghor Clan too explosive). Still very good, Esper just had a good showing in the last Open so people are picking that up again.
We need more Lemon Pledge....
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
March 26 2014 16:12 GMT
#10454
On March 26 2014 08:15 Whole wrote:
Well I haven't seen that in like a week either.


I don't think that deck has any traction against Esper.
Get it by your hands...
Tennet
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1458 Posts
March 26 2014 16:28 GMT
#10455
Would you guys be willing to critique my deck? I play modern and very casually.

+ Show Spoiler +

I'm trying to keep the costs dirt cheap since I have no intention to invest a ton and go competitive, it's just for fun.

This is a sac deck mostly because I like black/being a bit of a jerk ;P

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bloody-rage-1/

Unfortunately, some cards that are super awesome (some of these are in my maybeboard or just not there at all) but cost more than I'm willing to pay for a playset, unless the total deck price works out to be reasonable. (I'm willing to spend $30 after shipping. but I prefer to be even more frugal..)
"The harder it gets, the more you need to focus on the basics." - Seo Gyung Jong
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
March 26 2014 16:35 GMT
#10456
What do gravecrawlers cost these days?
Also I don't think quest for the gravelord is what you are looking for. It's cool and all but its basically just a cheap 5/5 that takes a bit to get going which doesn't seem worth it.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Tennet
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1458 Posts
March 26 2014 16:54 GMT
#10457
Gravecrawler is $3.74 for 1 on tcg player..

I figured quest could give me a win condition since 5/5 is kinda scary.. but I already have bloodthrone vampire which can get way bigger than 5/5.

Thanks for pointing that out. ^^
"The harder it gets, the more you need to focus on the basics." - Seo Gyung Jong
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-26 17:05:42
March 26 2014 16:59 GMT
#10458
I'd consider only running 3 dark prophecies, since multiples don't necessarily seem that great (the life cost mostly). I'd also consider more lands as i'm guessing that you are going to be very mana hungry with those (1B: revive) creatures.

Also geths verdict seems kinda questionable. If you want it as a bad sac outlet/removal you should be running devour flesh, and if you want it as pure removal then there are lots of better options

I wonder what nykthos costs. I bet 2-3 nykthos would spice up the deck nicely.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Tennet
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1458 Posts
March 26 2014 17:17 GMT
#10459
I was thinking about looking into a reliable way to generate mana. Nykthos would be amazing but it's like $6-7..

Geth's Verdict was removal that got around stuff like shroud and hex proof. I have two creatures as sac outlets so I wasn't intended on GV to fill that role. So you're saying I should just use Go for the Throat or something?

I thought about splashing red at first, I had act of treason in there which is fun to do. I'm not sure if I should put that back or if there is another color that has some good stuff for this..
"The harder it gets, the more you need to focus on the basics." - Seo Gyung Jong
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
March 26 2014 17:22 GMT
#10460
I guess it depends on what you think you are playing against. Since your entire deck can kill exactly 4 creatures, I'd prefer being able to pick which 4 concern me the most.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Prev 1 521 522 523 524 525 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM438
IndyStarCraft 49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 402
Lowko192
IndyStarCraft 49
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 3652
Stork 2513
Horang2 412
Jaedong 385
Soulkey 380
Zeus 369
Larva 265
Mini 244
Soma 220
BeSt 155
[ Show more ]
sorry 81
Mind 72
ZerO 65
Hyun 57
Pusan 56
Sexy 53
Last 42
Shinee 32
soO 32
scan(afreeca) 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Sacsri 10
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe311
canceldota52
League of Legends
JimRising 442
Other Games
gofns37259
singsing1965
Coldzera 692
Happy329
byalli232
Pyrionflax210
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 28
• StrangeGG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV284
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Jankos3463
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 41m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 41m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.