• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:51
CEST 17:51
KST 00:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8105 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 299

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 297 298 299 300 301 665 Next
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 12 2013 19:39 GMT
#5961
So...I flipped that Sphinx's Revelation (the one I flipped 2 Groves for), Thragtusk and Lingering Souls (regulars) into a handful of EDH foils, Sacred Foundry, and 2 Boros Reckoners.

Reckoners went up to 18 and are sold out on SCG, current TCG median is 28, though you can still find them on ebay for 18-19 without shipping.
Get it by your hands...
Audemed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States893 Posts
February 12 2013 20:19 GMT
#5962
Bought 2 reckoners the other night off cardshark at $8.50 once I saw the jump on TCG to $18, then pulled another last night. I really, really want to run 3-4, but I think I'm gonna settle with running 2 for now and sell my other 2, the profit possibilities are just too great right now. There's no way this card will stay that high.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
el_dawg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States164 Posts
February 12 2013 21:04 GMT
#5963
The infinite life combo seems pretty funny with that guy. Boros Charm to give him invincibility, then some way to give him lifelink (like Nearheath Pilgrim or Azorius Charm) and finally a source of damage to start things off. The cards are all very playable individually.
Tadatomo
Profile Joined December 2012
84 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-12 21:15:49
February 12 2013 21:06 GMT
#5964
My standard pauper GU soulbond deck

+ Show Spoiler +


4x Trusted Forcemage
4x Flowering Lumberknot
3x Wingcrafter
3x Elgaud Shieldmate
3x Arbor Elf

3x Encrust
3x Spectral Flight

4x Joint Assault
4x Farseek
3x Think Twice
2x Prey Upon
2x Essence Scatter

4x Evolving Wilds
9x Island
9x Forest


Not sure about Encrust and Prey Upon. Surely I do need some creature removal. I just dislike Unsummon because card can just be recast. Maybe 4x Essense Scatter, gets rid of their creature but for 1 less mana.

I ditched Primal Huntbeast, Sentinel Spider and Deadly Recluse. Better to have only soulbond and more non-creature cards. And with that I was able to include Flowering Lumberknot. Had one game where I had 4 of them in play together with 20 lands while my opponent was at 1 hp for like 5 turns while he got me from 17 to 0. But the odds it fucks with you like that are low.
Drawing Arbor in first hand is just very nice, so that I keep.

This seems like the strongest fun UG deck excluding Gatecrash. Gets completely raped by extort decks though.
A GU Delver deck is probably stronger because Delver is so imba.
Leonite7
Profile Joined July 2011
Ireland921 Posts
February 12 2013 21:56 GMT
#5965
There are Boros reckoners going for 10 euro on magiccardmarket.eu, why are the prices on na sites so high?
Audemed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States893 Posts
February 13 2013 00:00 GMT
#5966
Well 10 euros should be around $15-17 USD right? I honestly think it's just an artificial inflation, people just scrambling to get it because it fits in so many decks of almost all colors. It'll settle down in a week or so I think.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 13 2013 00:10 GMT
#5967
I hope it stays up at least till Friday, I have 2 of them I wanna trade off.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 13 2013 04:43 GMT
#5968
On February 13 2013 09:00 Audemed wrote:
Well 10 euros should be around $15-17 USD right? I honestly think it's just an artificial inflation, people just scrambling to get it because it fits in so many decks of almost all colors. It'll settle down in a week or so I think.


That would be true, except there's no reason for people to be this tight on it. I would almost venture to say that after PT Gatecrash, it would be even higher. Saito's deck is very indicative of the format. I expect Mizz Mortars to spike in the upcoming weeks to deal the necessary 4 damage for red decks without requiring creature help.
Get it by your hands...
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
February 13 2013 07:58 GMT
#5969
I need Reckoners to drop so I can play Saito's deck in FNMs after I get tired of UGx Delver brews.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Trotske
Profile Joined August 2010
410 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-13 22:23:46
February 13 2013 22:23 GMT
#5970
So I used to play magic years ago but the main store around me closed. Recently found out about a store that holds Friday night magic and me and some people are going to go get back into magic by doing booster drafts until we have some cards to make decks. Any advice on things to look up/ Things I should know about the current set before I go?

any tips would be appreciated.

side note.
+ Show Spoiler +
I have been playing some of the MTGO to get a feel for the game again before I start playing to refresh myself on rules.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 13 2013 23:22 GMT
#5971
On February 14 2013 07:23 Trotske wrote:
So I used to play magic years ago but the main store around me closed. Recently found out about a store that holds Friday night magic and me and some people are going to go get back into magic by doing booster drafts until we have some cards to make decks. Any advice on things to look up/ Things I should know about the current set before I go?

any tips would be appreciated.

side note.
+ Show Spoiler +
I have been playing some of the MTGO to get a feel for the game again before I start playing to refresh myself on rules.

The new event decks that are coming out are fucking bonkers, you should get them if you're just starting out, the are a good core for a deck.
Audemed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States893 Posts
February 14 2013 00:27 GMT
#5972
On February 14 2013 08:22 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 07:23 Trotske wrote:
So I used to play magic years ago but the main store around me closed. Recently found out about a store that holds Friday night magic and me and some people are going to go get back into magic by doing booster drafts until we have some cards to make decks. Any advice on things to look up/ Things I should know about the current set before I go?

any tips would be appreciated.

side note.
+ Show Spoiler +
I have been playing some of the MTGO to get a feel for the game again before I start playing to refresh myself on rules.

The new event decks that are coming out are fucking bonkers, you should get them if you're just starting out, the are a good core for a deck.


No kidding, I'm definitely grabbing the boros one, and seriously considering the simic one too. The value is just incredible.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
February 14 2013 03:08 GMT
#5973
I got the Elspeth vs. Tezzeret one back a year or so ago because I wanted Tezzy for my artifact deck. The Elspeth from that set ran for nearly $30 on Blackborder. :-o

Granted, that's flipping Elspeth, but you can't really go wrong with any of the others, lol.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
MiyaviTeddy
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada697 Posts
February 14 2013 03:24 GMT
#5974
On February 14 2013 09:27 Audemed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 08:22 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 14 2013 07:23 Trotske wrote:
So I used to play magic years ago but the main store around me closed. Recently found out about a store that holds Friday night magic and me and some people are going to go get back into magic by doing booster drafts until we have some cards to make decks. Any advice on things to look up/ Things I should know about the current set before I go?

any tips would be appreciated.

side note.
+ Show Spoiler +
I have been playing some of the MTGO to get a feel for the game again before I start playing to refresh myself on rules.

The new event decks that are coming out are fucking bonkers, you should get them if you're just starting out, the are a good core for a deck.


No kidding, I'm definitely grabbing the boros one, and seriously considering the simic one too. The value is just incredible.


The cards and value you get out of the boros one is just "Wizard what are you doing" kind of level. The simic one didn't impress me as much though.
Aiyeeeee
Confuse
Profile Joined October 2009
2238 Posts
February 14 2013 03:42 GMT
#5975
On February 14 2013 12:24 MiyaviTeddy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 09:27 Audemed wrote:
On February 14 2013 08:22 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 14 2013 07:23 Trotske wrote:
So I used to play magic years ago but the main store around me closed. Recently found out about a store that holds Friday night magic and me and some people are going to go get back into magic by doing booster drafts until we have some cards to make decks. Any advice on things to look up/ Things I should know about the current set before I go?

any tips would be appreciated.

side note.
+ Show Spoiler +
I have been playing some of the MTGO to get a feel for the game again before I start playing to refresh myself on rules.

The new event decks that are coming out are fucking bonkers, you should get them if you're just starting out, the are a good core for a deck.


No kidding, I'm definitely grabbing the boros one, and seriously considering the simic one too. The value is just incredible.


The cards and value you get out of the boros one is just "Wizard what are you doing" kind of level. The simic one didn't impress me as much though.


if you can get it at retail instead of the inflated prices cfb/scg are changing them to, then by all means. otherwise i'd go with singles.
If we fear what we do not understand, then why is ignorance bliss?
Audemed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States893 Posts
February 14 2013 05:57 GMT
#5976
That made me go look it up....Holy god they're charging $40 for it? What the actual fuck. Interesting to see what the local places will charge in that case.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 14 2013 14:29 GMT
#5977
On February 14 2013 14:57 Audemed wrote:
That made me go look it up....Holy god they're charging $40 for it? What the actual fuck. Interesting to see what the local places will charge in that case.


Probably the same, local stores that know what they're doing will charge just the same.
Get it by your hands...
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
February 14 2013 15:51 GMT
#5978
On February 14 2013 12:42 Confuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 12:24 MiyaviTeddy wrote:
On February 14 2013 09:27 Audemed wrote:
On February 14 2013 08:22 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 14 2013 07:23 Trotske wrote:
So I used to play magic years ago but the main store around me closed. Recently found out about a store that holds Friday night magic and me and some people are going to go get back into magic by doing booster drafts until we have some cards to make decks. Any advice on things to look up/ Things I should know about the current set before I go?

any tips would be appreciated.

side note.
+ Show Spoiler +
I have been playing some of the MTGO to get a feel for the game again before I start playing to refresh myself on rules.

The new event decks that are coming out are fucking bonkers, you should get them if you're just starting out, the are a good core for a deck.


No kidding, I'm definitely grabbing the boros one, and seriously considering the simic one too. The value is just incredible.


The cards and value you get out of the boros one is just "Wizard what are you doing" kind of level. The simic one didn't impress me as much though.


if you can get it at retail instead of the inflated prices cfb/scg are changing them to, then by all means. otherwise i'd go with singles.


Buy it at Wal Mart or Toys R Us. They sell at or under MSRP.
ManyCookies
Profile Joined December 2010
1164 Posts
February 14 2013 23:40 GMT
#5979
So I just purchased MtGO, did a draft, have some cards I want to sell. How would I go about doing that in a manner that does not rip me off?
Azuzu
Profile Joined August 2010
United States340 Posts
February 15 2013 00:00 GMT
#5980
On February 15 2013 08:40 ManyCookies wrote:
So I just purchased MtGO, did a draft, have some cards I want to sell. How would I go about doing that in a manner that does not rip me off?


Go to the "trade" tab, search for the name of the card you want to sell and choose the bot that has the best buy price for that card. I will warn you though - 99% of cards aren't worth anything at all online. Only a select few mythics/rares will net you >1 ticket and only a few uncommons will get you even a quarter.
Prev 1 297 298 299 300 301 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1263
ComeBackTV 822
SteadfastSC763
TaKeTV 483
IndyStarCraft 178
Rex145
EnkiAlexander 84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 763
IndyStarCraft 178
Rex 145
ProTech125
BRAT_OK 38
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46396
Bisu 2366
EffOrt 990
Shuttle 661
Soma 631
Mini 460
BeSt 459
Light 425
Larva 353
Hyuk 217
[ Show more ]
ZerO 202
Rush 199
firebathero 76
Mong 67
Sea.KH 61
910 59
Pusan 52
Snow 52
Liquid`Ret 49
Sexy 36
ToSsGirL 34
Trap 28
Aegong 26
Bale 24
Terrorterran 23
JYJ 22
Shine 19
Rock 16
Sacsri 13
yabsab 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8402
qojqva952
Counter-Strike
Fnx 810
fl0m696
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1385
Khaldor1252
Other Games
singsing1914
hiko1405
Beastyqt631
Livibee207
Hui .183
ArmadaUGS178
KnowMe123
XaKoH 112
QueenE87
Mew2King73
DeMusliM43
ZerO(Twitch)10
CosmosSc2 5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 40
• mYiSmile132
• StrangeGG 31
• Gemini_19 17
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• Michael_bg 10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4456
• TFBlade334
Other Games
• Shiphtur326
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 9m
Online Event
19h 9m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.