• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:11
CEST 03:11
KST 10:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8624 users

NBA Playoffs 2010 - Page 35

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 188 Next
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
May 04 2010 11:42 GMT
#681
On May 04 2010 17:52 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2010 11:45 Ace wrote:
REFS WTF LEBRON TRAVELS CALL IT JESUS CHRIST

I think it was the Bucs-Hawks game I was complaining about where I saw 4/5 players who touched the ball travel on the play and not get called. Although that was incompetence, this is just dumb preferential treatment.

I've been too much of fanboy to say it before, but the NBA is the worst officiated American sports league. I used to be able to let it go, but now these things nag at me whenever I watch games, especially when I see the shit Joey Crawford gets away with.



its really hard to officiate basketball though.

To me when watching it at full speed he looks like hes going to land on the opposite foot of his jump which would be ok according to the rules correct? You just cant land on the foot you jumped off of first from what I remember reading.
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
May 04 2010 12:39 GMT
#682
Yeah, at first it looked ok to me but when it's slowed down, it's a travel.

Pretty ugly looking too.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
May 04 2010 15:02 GMT
#683
it has to be terribly officiated if the refs called travelling and palming every time, nobody would watch basketball. its a very big offense, but in its own way it is really small, since the travels that are not called are not egregious ones.
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
May 04 2010 15:08 GMT
#684
On May 05 2010 00:02 hyst.eric.al wrote:
it has to be terribly officiated if the refs called travelling and palming every time, nobody would watch basketball. its a very big offense, but in its own way it is really small, since the travels that are not called are not egregious ones.


To a certain extent that's true. However, it's because of so many no-calls that most players do it. Had it be enforced to start with, the league wouldn't be in this situation. But fuck, even as a Celtics fan, I put money on the Cavs to win the series. The NBA wants a Cavs-Lakers finals and I can't see that not happening, especially with the laughable reffing in the Celtics-Cavs series so far.
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
May 04 2010 15:33 GMT
#685
On May 04 2010 20:42 Sadist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2010 17:52 Jibba wrote:
On May 04 2010 11:45 Ace wrote:
REFS WTF LEBRON TRAVELS CALL IT JESUS CHRIST

I think it was the Bucs-Hawks game I was complaining about where I saw 4/5 players who touched the ball travel on the play and not get called. Although that was incompetence, this is just dumb preferential treatment.

I've been too much of fanboy to say it before, but the NBA is the worst officiated American sports league. I used to be able to let it go, but now these things nag at me whenever I watch games, especially when I see the shit Joey Crawford gets away with.



its really hard to officiate basketball though.

To me when watching it at full speed he looks like hes going to land on the opposite foot of his jump which would be ok according to the rules correct? You just cant land on the foot you jumped off of first from what I remember reading.



Hard call?
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
May 04 2010 16:26 GMT
#686
lol - the crab dribble strikes again.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
May 04 2010 19:27 GMT
#687
I like Doc Rivers' reaction more than anything. He's just sitting there waving his hands around as he's counting the number of steps and actions Lebron just went through.
Get it by your hands...
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
May 04 2010 19:44 GMT
#688
Yeah, Doc's reaction was priceless.

The Celtics did really well, wasn't sure they had it in them after they gave up that lead in game 1, yet they came back and looked in complete control. For all their upgrades (Shaq, Jamison for Z then getting Z right back) th Cavs look pathetic with James being anything less than stellar.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
May 04 2010 19:50 GMT
#689
On May 05 2010 04:27 Judicator wrote:
I like Doc Rivers' reaction more than anything. He's just sitting there waving his hands around as he's counting the number of steps and actions Lebron just went through.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJQgIKT7haY&feature=player_embedded

when i was watching that last night, i laughed.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
May 04 2010 20:14 GMT
#690
On May 05 2010 00:33 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2010 20:42 Sadist wrote:
On May 04 2010 17:52 Jibba wrote:
On May 04 2010 11:45 Ace wrote:
REFS WTF LEBRON TRAVELS CALL IT JESUS CHRIST

I think it was the Bucs-Hawks game I was complaining about where I saw 4/5 players who touched the ball travel on the play and not get called. Although that was incompetence, this is just dumb preferential treatment.

I've been too much of fanboy to say it before, but the NBA is the worst officiated American sports league. I used to be able to let it go, but now these things nag at me whenever I watch games, especially when I see the shit Joey Crawford gets away with.



its really hard to officiate basketball though.

To me when watching it at full speed he looks like hes going to land on the opposite foot of his jump which would be ok according to the rules correct? You just cant land on the foot you jumped off of first from what I remember reading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZIAXJJDKQ

Hard call?

Absolutely one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Joey Crawford's made some TERRIBLE calls in his lifetime, but this one has to be the most blatant one ever. This is just awful.
God Bless
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
May 04 2010 20:34 GMT
#691
That foul is becoming infamous but it is not terrible (by NBA standards). Apparently, he meant to call the foul on Camby for hitting Grant Hill, which seems to be a borderline call. Why he called it on Nash well.... He is old, he mixed up the numbers? lol. It is like the time Durant shot Westbrook's fts.

Anyway, that is far far far from the worst. The worst is by Joey Crawford in a tight 4th quart in the conference finals between the Pistons and Heat, Chauncey trapped a heat player in an akward position after he caught a bad pass, and Crawford who was running to catch up lost control and ran over the Heat player. Rofl. Then Rofl #2 is when he calls a foul on Billups for it.

The ones I hate the most are the ones where the ref obviously knows he is making a mistake. When it looked like the Cavs could come back in game 2 it seemed like Boston was getting intentionally fucked over.

.
wtf was that signature
new_construct
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Canada1041 Posts
May 04 2010 20:36 GMT
#692
The cavs vs celtic series looks like the repeat of last year's eastern conference final. I don't think the cavs got what it takes to win a game in boston. They never step up when facing a real challenger with this year boston and last year orlando.
condoriano
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States826 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-04 20:45:12
May 04 2010 20:39 GMT
#693
On May 05 2010 05:34 Servolisk wrote:
The ones I hate the most are the ones where the ref obviously knows he is making a mistake. When it looked like the Cavs could come back in game 2 it seemed like Boston was getting intentionally fucked over.

.


i hate how they still manage to call every travel on pierce and guy didnt hop up and down on both feet while holding a ball

On May 05 2010 05:36 new_construct wrote:
The cavs vs celtic series looks like the repeat of last year's eastern conference final. I don't think the cavs got what it takes to win a game in boston. They never step up when facing a real challenger with this year boston and last year orlando.


I don't think cavs can lose 3 in a row, if they do shame on them, cry babies need a reality check
Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat?
RonNation
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States385 Posts
May 04 2010 22:20 GMT
#694
let's go jazz!!
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
May 05 2010 00:12 GMT
#695
I think the moral here is Crawford makes bad calls?
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
May 05 2010 00:15 GMT
#696
On May 05 2010 09:12 tonight wrote:
I think the moral here is Crawford makes bad calls?

Joey Crawford is awful. Just ask Tim Duncan.
God Bless
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
May 05 2010 00:19 GMT
#697
He just looks like an asshole too. He also throws around a lot of T's that I'm not sure are always deserved.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-05 00:23:47
May 05 2010 00:23 GMT
#698
Obviously deserved.
Crawford, one of the best in the business.

Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
May 05 2010 01:03 GMT
#699
Fuck the Hawks. No one besides Josh Smith came to play. Pathetic.
God Bless
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
May 05 2010 01:09 GMT
#700
On May 05 2010 09:12 tonight wrote:
I think the moral here is Crawford makes bad calls?

Crawford, Salvatore, Rush, etc.

All senior officials, I believe.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings86
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1847
GuemChi 1601
Artosis 690
910 58
Bale 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
Doublelift3550
Counter-Strike
taco 164
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox314
Other Games
summit1g8576
shahzam605
JimRising 527
C9.Mang0343
PiGStarcraft247
Maynarde138
CosmosSc2 35
Day[9].tv7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick906
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP80
• davetesta23
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv7
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 49m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 49m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 49m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.