• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:57
CEST 23:57
KST 06:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8541 users

Torchlight II - Page 19

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
September 14 2012 23:35 GMT
#361
6 days, and! we can pre-load this bad boy right now. Borderlands 2, and T2. Man, whatta month.
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
September 15 2012 14:55 GMT
#362
Just bought it and going to preload it later :D just in case their server is cooked at launch.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
DragoonPK
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
3259 Posts
September 15 2012 15:23 GMT
#363
Pre-loaded and ready for action! :D
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-15 15:55:44
September 15 2012 15:54 GMT
#364
Just bought the game, I didn't play the first one so I'm downloading that too ( I got it free because of the pre-purchase ). The game looks awesome btw, I'm sure I'm gonna love it
eltese
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden369 Posts
September 15 2012 16:05 GMT
#365
Bought a 4 pack in july distributed that to my usual group of co-op buddies. This and borderland 2 and nhl 13 and fifa 13 at nearly the same time eh? Gonna be hard dividing the time :D
NonCorporeal
Profile Joined August 2012
United States106 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-15 17:07:45
September 15 2012 17:07 GMT
#366
I only played the demo of the first game, but I really liked it. It looked, felt, and sounded just like Diablo. I'm really looking forward to playing Torchlight II when I get a new computer.
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
September 15 2012 22:40 GMT
#367
http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

tb streaming
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
September 15 2012 22:47 GMT
#368
Will keep me busy til PoE hits open beta.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
September 16 2012 21:17 GMT
#369
We need a tl group for this!
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
chaos021
Profile Joined March 2012
United States258 Posts
September 16 2012 21:23 GMT
#370
On September 17 2012 06:17 Steveling wrote:
We need a tl group for this!


I'd be interested, but I never understood how clans/guilds worked in aRPGs.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
September 16 2012 21:24 GMT
#371
On September 17 2012 06:23 chaos021 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2012 06:17 Steveling wrote:
We need a tl group for this!


I'd be interested, but I never understood how clans/guilds worked in aRPGs.

just people to have fun with
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-16 21:49:22
September 16 2012 21:29 GMT
#372
If anybody still needs a copy of this I have extra copy from a four pack. $15 via paypal PM me. Also comes with a copy of the original.

all gone.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
chennis
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Taiwan227 Posts
September 17 2012 07:15 GMT
#373
Got my copy a few days ago, pre-loaded and ready to go!
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
September 17 2012 13:58 GMT
#374
Gonna pre-order since I got quite some free time at the beginning of October. How is it compare to the 1st one( I love TL1)? Hope this will bring some better gameplay than the failed D3
Terran
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
September 17 2012 14:02 GMT
#375
On September 17 2012 22:58 Caphe wrote:
Gonna pre-order since I got quite some free time at the beginning of October. How is it compare to the 1st one( I love TL1)? Hope this will bring some better gameplay than the failed D3



I don't think anyone here has played it yet, but one huge change is co-op play where torchlight 1 was single player only.
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
September 17 2012 14:06 GMT
#376
On September 17 2012 23:02 karazax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2012 22:58 Caphe wrote:
Gonna pre-order since I got quite some free time at the beginning of October. How is it compare to the 1st one( I love TL1)? Hope this will bring some better gameplay than the failed D3



I don't think anyone here has played it yet, but one huge change is co-op play where torchlight 1 was single player only.


Many people played it already , it was in closed and open beta for week or so. But there was 20-25 lv cap i dont remember .
Its way faster then TL 1 , it is bigger and its way harder .
There are streams of TL 2 on Twitch even now , because some people get early press access.
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
WeedRa
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany815 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-17 19:48:26
September 17 2012 19:48 GMT
#377
Can't wait any longer.... :D

Also preloaded and ready to launch :D
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-17 20:21:55
September 17 2012 20:20 GMT
#378
I don't like SC2 anymore, I definitely don't like D3 anymore.

Definitely going to give this a try, I know nothing about Torchlight so maybe I'll play TL1 for the next couple days.
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
September 17 2012 20:52 GMT
#379
I am pretty excited wooo
Stopped playing Torchlight 1 on my first hardcore run when my only two reasonable weapons got disenchanted >.>
boomer hands
NicolBolas
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1388 Posts
September 17 2012 21:19 GMT
#380
I've been wanting to ask this question for a while, but I wanted to phrase it in a way that makes sure you understand that I'm not trying to flame or otherwise incite anything.

Torchlight (TL) was my first real "action RPG" (assuming that playing Rogue years ago doesn't count), so I have no real understanding of what is just a part of the genre and what was specific to TL. And... I strongly dislike Torchlight. Is there some chance that the deficiencies I found in Torchlight were corrected by TL2? Here are my feelings towards the game:

I found the basic gameplay of "attack monsters with guns and spells" interesting for a while, but it eventually got boring. I found that every fight was just using the same tactics, the same spells, over and over again, without variation, for 20+ levels.

I could suffer through that if there were a story that was mildly entertaining being told, but there wasn't. And I found the final boss to be the equivalent of the game giving the player the finger: a big, dumb ball of hit-points that infinitely summons monsters.

I was not particularly enamboured with the loot either, since 99 items out of 100 were utterly worthless, and even that 1 out of 100 that was actually better than what I already had was almost never significantly better. It didn't seem like any one piece of armor was really good, that you need two or three with bonuses in the same place to actually matter. I got a new weapon, so now I do slightly more damage. Joy.

You go through something like 20-30 weapons and other gear through the entire game, with none of them particularly changing how you play. You get a gun that does a bit more damage, but that doesn't make you play the game any differently. You're just making bigger numbers appear in front of monsters. By the end of the game, I certainly couldn't remember any pieces of gear I'd found; nothing was special or memorable in any way.

Are these things just part of the "action RPG" genre (and thus it's clearly not a genre I should be playing)? Or is there something more to it, something with more meat, that requires more actual player tactics than just "cast these two spells, then shoot what's left"?
So you know, cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come up and talk to you, it's great. But if you try to talk to them, it doesn't always go so well. - Shigeru Miyamoto
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O139
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 138
PiGStarcraft45
Nina 32
ViBE24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14483
Dewaltoss 140
ZZZero.O 139
firebathero 99
Hyuk 82
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm82
febbydoto52
League of Legends
Doublelift2817
Counter-Strike
Fnx 782
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5901
Other Games
summit1g6574
FrodaN2333
fl0m804
mouzStarbuck369
KnowMe271
ToD236
JimRising 155
ArmadaUGS137
Mew2King44
Railgan31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1175
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 51
• musti20045 34
• Adnapsc2 19
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie837
• Shiphtur243
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 3m
INu's Battles
14h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 3m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.