• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:03
CEST 01:03
KST 08:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War665.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13237 users

Smash Bros. Melee General Discussion - Page 64

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 188 Next
We have created an irc channel (#tl-smash on Quakenet) for people to find others to play with on Dolphin or just to chat about Smash. Feel free to join!
MIOMprog
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2 Posts
March 19 2014 18:25 GMT
#1261
On January 13 2014 00:19 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 05:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 11 2014 03:10 SheaR619 wrote:
ty all for the replies, it seems I will be giving PM a chance. It definitely seems like it has alot of potential, wouldnt Nitendo do something about it or does it not break any term of agreement?
Nintendo does, though, hate the fact that smash is competitive in any sense. They hate (and as far as I know, do not support at all) any smash tournaments.


Recently Prog has hinted at Nintendo getting interested to help with tournaments and such. Probably it's just Smash4, but hopefully it's Melee as well.


...was the wait worth it?
Good day.
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-19 19:29:43
March 19 2014 19:25 GMT
#1262
On March 20 2014 01:36 Amestir wrote:
Ok I'm now at part 7 of the documentary and I'm so hyped for the upcoming MLG tournament with SSBM :D

Are there any players confirmed yet? I searched the mlg website but I couldn't find anyhting. Then agian it's still early ^^


Registration has either just opened or is yet to. Adam Apicella has been hyping stuff off and on over the last few months, though, talking about MLG reunions and saying his goal is to have Ken, KDJ, Isai, Azen, Wife, Husband, ChuDat, chillin, BombSoldier, CaptainJack, Killaor, Wes, Mango, PC Chris and Armada at Anaheim. So if a third of that list, plus some of M2K, Hungrybox, SFAT, S2J, Westballz, Axe, Shroomed, Scar, KirbyKaze, Leffen, Ice, MacD and Fly show up, it'll be the most unbelievably stacked tournament in the history of the game.

And who knows how much MLG has done on that sorta dream lineup front. Who knows what's going on with Azen, PC Chris or Isai. Wife has said he's probably not going to make it since he's getting married and needs to save money. I don't know that MLG has been able to get in touch with BombSoldier, though CaptainJack just got on Twitter. Mango will probably be there and you'd have to expect KDJ and Ken to make it. Chu probably as well, and Armada is apparently practicing like mad, so you'd expect him to be there too. The normal SoCal crew doesn't really have any excuse to miss the event, so the field will be good even if a bunch of the old legends (or non-US players like Leffen and Amsa) can't make it. And realistically, they're going to be the bulk of the the top 16 most probably.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-19 19:48:38
March 19 2014 19:46 GMT
#1263
Wes made an appearance when mlg streamed the smash doc, so they're clearly in contact with him. Apparently PC Chris is semi-unretired? I heard rumours of him attending small events. I believe armada said he'd come back if mlg was going to host an event, and since he's already unretired, I'd say he's guaranteed to show up. He's sponsored anyways. Leffen I think confirmed attendance on twitter.

Azen likely won't show, considering he declined to be interviewed for the doc. Isai is obviously active in 64, but whether he plays in mlg or not is a toss-up.
Liquipedia
pbnj23
Profile Joined March 2014
United States1 Post
March 19 2014 20:00 GMT
#1264
Armada plays melee again, Pc works alot, and wes still plays.
Smash Studios is Da Bes
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
March 19 2014 20:13 GMT
#1265
What character is most like Rain's Protoss? I'm Ganondorf at the moment (and Mario/Snake too in P:M).
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
March 19 2014 20:26 GMT
#1266
Samus, maybe?
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
March 19 2014 22:58 GMT
#1267
On March 20 2014 03:25 MIOMprog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 00:19 Zoler wrote:
On January 11 2014 05:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 11 2014 03:10 SheaR619 wrote:
ty all for the replies, it seems I will be giving PM a chance. It definitely seems like it has alot of potential, wouldnt Nitendo do something about it or does it not break any term of agreement?
Nintendo does, though, hate the fact that smash is competitive in any sense. They hate (and as far as I know, do not support at all) any smash tournaments.


Recently Prog has hinted at Nintendo getting interested to help with tournaments and such. Probably it's just Smash4, but hopefully it's Melee as well.


...was the wait worth it?


Oh my god. Prog I love you ofmgmnnfnngmfmg
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
cava
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States1035 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-19 23:18:53
March 19 2014 23:14 GMT
#1268
You can add me to the list on the OP.

Tag: Cava
Main: Luigi
Active: On and off since the beginning of melee. Attended TG events back in the day and Game Over. Just recently making a comeback and attended Apex.
cava!
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
March 20 2014 00:16 GMT
#1269
Attended TG events back in the day and Game Over. Just recently making a comeback and attended Apex.


That is super old school o.O
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 20 2014 01:10 GMT
#1270
whoa is that real prog

you're the fuckin best
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
March 20 2014 03:40 GMT
#1271
On March 20 2014 07:58 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2014 03:25 MIOMprog wrote:
On January 13 2014 00:19 Zoler wrote:
On January 11 2014 05:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 11 2014 03:10 SheaR619 wrote:
ty all for the replies, it seems I will be giving PM a chance. It definitely seems like it has alot of potential, wouldnt Nitendo do something about it or does it not break any term of agreement?
Nintendo does, though, hate the fact that smash is competitive in any sense. They hate (and as far as I know, do not support at all) any smash tournaments.


Recently Prog has hinted at Nintendo getting interested to help with tournaments and such. Probably it's just Smash4, but hopefully it's Melee as well.


...was the wait worth it?


Oh my god. Prog I love you ofmgmnnfnngmfmg


happy birthday Zoler
Writer
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
March 20 2014 14:38 GMT
#1272
We need to add a melee option to streams so we can get melee streamers along with all of the other games.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-20 14:43:37
March 20 2014 14:42 GMT
#1273
On March 20 2014 12:40 ]343[ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2014 07:58 Zoler wrote:
On March 20 2014 03:25 MIOMprog wrote:
On January 13 2014 00:19 Zoler wrote:
On January 11 2014 05:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 11 2014 03:10 SheaR619 wrote:
ty all for the replies, it seems I will be giving PM a chance. It definitely seems like it has alot of potential, wouldnt Nitendo do something about it or does it not break any term of agreement?
Nintendo does, though, hate the fact that smash is competitive in any sense. They hate (and as far as I know, do not support at all) any smash tournaments.


Recently Prog has hinted at Nintendo getting interested to help with tournaments and such. Probably it's just Smash4, but hopefully it's Melee as well.


...was the wait worth it?


Oh my god. Prog I love you ofmgmnnfnngmfmg


happy birthday Zoler


Thanks!

On March 20 2014 23:38 puppykiller wrote:
We need to add a melee option to streams so we can get melee streamers along with all of the other games.


I agree with this! Also I think way more people are going to start stream soon! I know m2k is (huehue) and Armada is too! I will be at his place playing all the time if you want to see me get wrecked.

HugS is actually quitting his job right now to start streaming and focusing on smash!
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
March 20 2014 14:45 GMT
#1274
I will vicariously live through these players while I cry because all my old bw friends play mobas now ;_)
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
March 20 2014 14:45 GMT
#1275
On March 20 2014 23:45 puppykiller wrote:
I will vicariously live through these players while I cry because all my old bw friends play mobas now ;_)


If you don't live in the middle of nowhere I bet that there's smash players close to you!
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
March 20 2014 15:38 GMT
#1276
On March 20 2014 23:45 puppykiller wrote:
I will vicariously live through these players while I cry because all my old bw friends play mobas now ;_)

Well, at least here some old BWers unite again (:
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
March 20 2014 16:14 GMT
#1277


Smash is such a great game and I play with people nearby from the community but having played around 10k games of bw and watched so many vods and speant countless hours just thinking about the game...


Hmm this is like the third time I've bitched about this in a thread I'll stop now.

Melee fighting! :D
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
March 20 2014 16:18 GMT
#1278
Hi prog! Nice to see you
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
March 20 2014 16:19 GMT
#1279
Ok one last time, can we plan a giant melee, sc:bw, quake stream festival :3.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
March 20 2014 16:26 GMT
#1280
That would be nice. It's too bad 1v1 shooters aren't what they used to be :/
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O131
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10435
Artosis 618
ZZZero.O 131
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
Doublelift5516
JimRising 105
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4160
Other Games
summit1g9701
FrodaN2493
Liquid`RaSZi1943
C9.Mang0367
ToD227
Livibee197
Pyrionflax97
Maynarde95
ArmadaUGS39
Mew2King37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings16
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 132
• musti20045 41
• Sammyuel 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1474
• Shiphtur624
• Scarra576
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 57m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.