• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:13
CEST 00:13
KST 07:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11259 users

God of the Battlefield: Part 1 - Page 10

Forum Index > Final Edits
1155 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 58 Next
Click Here To Read Part 2
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
May 24 2011 22:04 GMT
#181
R.I.P Ma Jae Yoon

...I know he isn't dead but as far as e-Sports is concerned he is :'(
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
dibban
Profile Joined July 2008
Sweden1279 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-24 22:13:05
May 24 2011 22:04 GMT
#182
I'm absolutely and utterly speechless.

For me, Savior was/is a player I never really got a hold on as I had a break from Starcraft during his era, and now I can safely say - wow, I understand what all the fuzz was about.

Not only are the tactics, the mindgames, the maneuvers simply astonishing, but the control of the crucial key elements during intense sequences are so exceptionally performed that even as a somewhat knowledgeable Starcraft viewer (if one is even allowed to say that without knowing the Maestro) it's quite frankly stunning.

Whatever he did - I may not forgive him but atleast I do somewhat understand him.

Can you imagine the frustration of having been the top of the top in what you are most passionate and committed to in your entire life and then having it all slowly fade into nothing but memories? Let us remember Savior for who he once was, and not for what the void in his heart led him to do.

Thank you for enlightening me and everyone else, who never had the chance to get a glimpse of this brilliance, in this beast of an article.
이제동 - 이영호 since '07.
DashFlow
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom176 Posts
May 24 2011 22:04 GMT
#183
Amazing write-up! Sad that he was involved with match fixing.
I Only Want You To Think Im Fantastic!
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
May 24 2011 22:04 GMT
#184
Ahhhh, what a beautiful article. I love the return of TLFEs. Wonderfully written, great content, and full of history. God I love TLFEs.
darkness overpowering
13th Marine
Profile Joined January 2011
United States344 Posts
May 24 2011 22:05 GMT
#185
Awesome article - looking forward to the second part.
Bomber | BoxeR | Dear | Flash | fOrGG | HerO | INnoVation | Jaedong | Life | MarineKing | Maru | MMA | MVP | NaDa | Polt | Taeja
qwaykee
Profile Joined February 2010
Norway268 Posts
May 24 2011 22:05 GMT
#186
I can only imagine how Savior would feel after reading this article!
yiodee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States137 Posts
May 24 2011 22:07 GMT
#187
Wow, thanks for the article. It gives a great insight of the masterful play of Savior. Unfortunately I was not around when he was active but I enjoyed the reading :D
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
May 24 2011 22:07 GMT
#188
All hail to the Overmind!!!! Greatly written Ver, greatly written!
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Alethios
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
New Zealand2765 Posts
May 24 2011 22:07 GMT
#189
Wow, a very nicely polished and refined article. Brings back a few memories I tell you.

Great read!
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
Gooey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States944 Posts
May 24 2011 22:07 GMT
#190
Amazing read mate. Great showcase of what made saviOr's run unparalleled to anyone else. I remember when I went back and watched the vids of his insane MSL runs last year, and this is a great writeup of why it all went down, and how it all came to fruition. Sad to see such a player fall so far from grace. His name alone is the legacy he should be remembered for; he is indeed the 'saviOr' of the zerg race. Thanks for sharing!
www.twitch.tv/Thatgooey
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
May 24 2011 22:08 GMT
#191
I'm so happy that I know those maps and remember those games...
Altar
Profile Joined May 2008
United States577 Posts
May 24 2011 22:08 GMT
#192
Amazing article. He was easily one of the greatest players ever if you overlook the matchfixing.
Heavens to Betsy
MK4512
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada938 Posts
May 24 2011 22:09 GMT
#193
I never really followed competitive brood war closely, but this was really fun to read!

great job!
Chill: "Please let us know when you will be streaming yourself eating a hat so I can put it on the calendar. Thanks."
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
May 24 2011 22:09 GMT
#194
Ma Jae Yoon love the TLFE's though ^___^;;
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
Enchanted
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1609 Posts
May 24 2011 22:10 GMT
#195
This is amazing. I loved reading every single sentence. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this for us. I played BW for fun and never even knew about the pro scene until SC2 was out and I was frequenting TL, but this article really made me realize the beauty that is BW, or at least, Savior's play.

After reading this I wish I could watch Savior play today. At least even after his ban his fan base is growing.
FuzzyHat
Profile Joined August 2010
United States79 Posts
May 24 2011 22:10 GMT
#196
Great Read!
Marketing & Project Manager @ eBizUniverse.com // www.twitter.com/eBizUniverse
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
May 24 2011 22:11 GMT
#197
it's always been the players who shifts the balance of the game in bw, Brilliance of the players shapes the balance of the game much more so than the map makers and blizzard balancing team.

GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
DragoonPK
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
3259 Posts
May 24 2011 22:12 GMT
#198
What a great piece! It just saddens me so much that he did that stupid idiotic mistake and went into all this mess. I hope that the punishment he got put back sense into his head.
RYZmooN
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada575 Posts
May 24 2011 22:13 GMT
#199
If ever savior get in a GSL...
"[He] will destroy everybody, in [2012]"
How do u doto?
pAzand
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden539 Posts
May 24 2011 22:14 GMT
#200
Well written, mad cred! Reading and hearing about old BW players, events and stories makes me so sad that I missed about a decade in this amazing community, I want to go back and kick myself for playing Wc3 and CS instead of BW.

saviOr seems to have been a remarkable player that many people in the Live Report Threads should study, oh to hell with it, we all should study him.
If you can chill.. Chill!
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12706
Shuttle 405
White-Ra 228
ZZZero.O 132
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5033
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4700
Other Games
summit1g9611
FrodaN2484
Liquid`RaSZi1948
C9.Mang0341
ToD323
crisheroes291
Livibee201
Pyrionflax139
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1050
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• musti20045 38
• Adnapsc2 35
• HeavenSC 20
• Sammyuel 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1594
• Shiphtur676
• WagamamaTV289
Upcoming Events
OSC
47m
Replay Cast
47m
OSC
13h 47m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.