• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:43
CEST 06:43
KST 13:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8946 users

Illusion Fan Club - Page 20

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
April 10 2013 23:20 GMT
#381
Illusion gets a well deserved invite to WCS NA!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=407275

Good luck in WCS this year!
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
mike7603
Profile Joined November 2012
United States37 Posts
May 01 2013 12:37 GMT
#382
Good luck illusion in WCS. GOGO ILLUSION
illusion fan
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
May 01 2013 22:44 GMT
#383
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=410559

It is time. Illusion plays tonight in the Ro32 WCS NA Premier division. It's not going to be easy, but Illusion has a good chance to be the first North American player to advance to the Ro16! Hopefully he makes it, and be sure to tune in and support!

Go Illusion!
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
May 02 2013 01:46 GMT
#384
Amazing game 3 against Moonglade! Amazing drop multi-task. Good luck against Alicia!
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Curufinwe Feanor
Profile Joined August 2012
Brazil91 Posts
May 02 2013 02:25 GMT
#385
Beautiful hellbat drop move in game 2 against Alicia!!
Aure Entüluva
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
May 02 2013 02:39 GMT
#386
Really close series against Alicia! Good luck against either Moonglade or Maker!
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
May 02 2013 04:38 GMT
#387
Damn
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
ROOTIllusion
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
May 02 2013 04:49 GMT
#388
Thanks for cheering for me, I was 100% capable of advancing out of the group but little flaws in my play couldn't let me claw out.

Game 3 vs Alicia: probes surrounded my marines, I didn't leave two scvs behind for extra minerals (bunker), so I couldn't bunker his gateway.


Second set vs moonglade.

Game 1 vs moonglade: I clicked combat shield instead of stim, effectively delaying my push by a minute and letting him get another wave of units out as well as messing up the timings on my upgrades(im supposed to have barely above 100 gas when combat shield finishes, just enough for stim), 4/5 rax timings were off as well as my armory, 2 ebays and 2/3 gasses.

Game 2 vs moonglade. He scouted my blue flame opening, which was designed for whirlwind but I accidentally veto'd it. I didn't feel too behind after as long as I got my macro going. Everything was going well, some bad and some good fights and eventually it came down to me tunnelvisioning on the attack path and not scouting his 6 o clock base. If I wasn't tunnelvisioned(I'm going to get out of premier league if I lose this), I would've scouted or sent a drop along that side of the map. Eventually I ran out of money and he denied me from taking my 6th base with many ling runbys and I wasn't willing to lose my fortified position, although in the end it really didn't matter because there was only a few minerals.

That's my run down of the bad games (for me) in this league. I feel I am still in the best shape of my career and once again, only little things held me down and I am confident I can keep improving and not make those mistakes repeatedly. Thanks for cheering and I promise this is just a little setback, I am far from done.
www.twitter.com/rootillusion & www.facebook.com/illusionsc2
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-02 04:52:47
May 02 2013 04:52 GMT
#389
pretty brilliant play overall tonight. most of the loses were due to extremely minor things or just literally bad luck.
SAFenix
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada439 Posts
May 02 2013 04:54 GMT
#390
Great games Illusion! =) Glad you're taking this with a positive mindset, we really REALLY need more foreigners competing at the top level.
mYi.Rain | SKT1.soO
iShareCrops
Profile Joined August 2011
United States12 Posts
May 02 2013 04:54 GMT
#391
Great games nonetheless and I'm sure you'll get back to premier next season. GL
crimsonlink
Profile Joined March 2013
United States53 Posts
May 02 2013 04:57 GMT
#392
Chris I'm so happy to see you play like you did today. Almost taking out Alica as well. You are gonna tear through the Challenger League and when Shoutcraft happens again, you will be one to qualify and take it!

Can't wait to see you stream. Are there any plans for coaching anytime soon?
i.of.the.storm
Profile Joined April 2009
United States795 Posts
May 02 2013 05:05 GMT
#393
Oh man, those were some amazing games. Sad you didn't take it but you easily could have, your control was better than I've seen any foreign terran recently. Can't wait to see you in Shoutcraft/Challenger league, that was inspiring play there.
Maru - The Terran hope is alive!
PrOmiseCAST
Profile Joined August 2010
United States305 Posts
May 02 2013 05:06 GMT
#394
On May 02 2013 13:49 mouzIllusion wrote:
Thanks for cheering for me, I was 100% capable of advancing out of the group but little flaws in my play couldn't let me claw out.

Game 3 vs Alicia: probes surrounded my marines, I didn't leave two scvs behind for extra minerals (bunker), so I couldn't bunker his gateway.


Second set vs moonglade.

Game 1 vs moonglade: I clicked combat shield instead of stim, effectively delaying my push by a minute and letting him get another wave of units out as well as messing up the timings on my upgrades(im supposed to have barely above 100 gas when combat shield finishes, just enough for stim), 4/5 rax timings were off as well as my armory, 2 ebays and 2/3 gasses.

Game 2 vs moonglade. He scouted my blue flame opening, which was designed for whirlwind but I accidentally veto'd it. I didn't feel too behind after as long as I got my macro going. Everything was going well, some bad and some good fights and eventually it came down to me tunnelvisioning on the attack path and not scouting his 6 o clock base. If I wasn't tunnelvisioned(I'm going to get out of premier league if I lose this), I would've scouted or sent a drop along that side of the map. Eventually I ran out of money and he denied me from taking my 6th base with many ling runbys and I wasn't willing to lose my fortified position, although in the end it really didn't matter because there was only a few minerals.

That's my run down of the bad games (for me) in this league. I feel I am still in the best shape of my career and once again, only little things held me down and I am confident I can keep improving and not make those mistakes repeatedly. Thanks for cheering and I promise this is just a little setback, I am far from done.


Chris, I have always been a huge fan of your play, and most importantly your attitude. You are very young, yet so talented and I am 100% sure that you you will take these WCS games as a learning experience and show us more amazing games (and wins) in the future.

I remember seeing a thread (or maybe it was a blog) posted by LuckyFool about how you have developed as a player, and the amount of growth that has happened in your StarCraft 2 career. I will continue to support, watch, and cheer for you in any upcoming matches you have. Sometimes you can try so hard at something and sometimes you can be so prepared, but still fail. Every time you fail its obviously really painful, and it may cause sadness and disappointment, but always remember that your character is not judged after you celebrate a victory, but rather by what you do when your head is against the wall.

Keep fighting! <3
Professional StarCraft 2 Commentator | twitch.tv/PrOmiseCAST / @PrOmiseCAST on Twitter.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27422 Posts
May 02 2013 06:31 GMT
#395
Tough luck tonight man, next time you can make it through for sure.

Also that keyboard tab thing on your stream is so fucking sexy, I've never seen anything like that before where'd you get the addon? :O
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
ROOTIllusion
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
May 02 2013 08:29 GMT
#396
On May 02 2013 15:31 Wombat_NI wrote:
Tough luck tonight man, next time you can make it through for sure.

Also that keyboard tab thing on your stream is so fucking sexy, I've never seen anything like that before where'd you get the addon? :O

search virtual keyboard on tl
www.twitter.com/rootillusion & www.facebook.com/illusionsc2
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27422 Posts
May 02 2013 08:44 GMT
#397
Cheers man
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
May 03 2013 17:38 GMT
#398
3-kill today in the Acer Teamstory Cup against Root!

2-0 against Yugioh too. Great work today Chris and congrats on the hatrick!
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
ROOTIllusion
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
May 03 2013 18:04 GMT
#399
TRIPPPPPPPLE KILLLLLLLLLLLLLL :D
www.twitter.com/rootillusion & www.facebook.com/illusionsc2
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
May 03 2013 19:37 GMT
#400
On May 04 2013 03:04 mouzIllusion wrote:
TRIPPPPPPPLE KILLLLLLLLLLLLLL :D


#marinemechanics
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2072
Snow 124
Bale 30
NaDa 26
Noble 15
Icarus 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
Counter-Strike
taco 523
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1441
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1160
WinterStarcraft617
Other Games
summit1g8326
JimRising 629
PiGStarcraft301
ArmadaUGS153
C9.Mang0148
RuFF_SC2146
Maynarde137
Sick109
ViBE74
Livibee14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick641
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki141
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota289
League of Legends
• Lourlo1320
• Rush948
• Stunt339
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 17m
OSC
8h 17m
Stellar Fest
8h 17m
OSC
19h 17m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.