• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:35
CEST 01:35
KST 08:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13165 users

Mvp Fan Club - Page 238

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 236 237 238 239 240 340 Next
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
October 24 2012 01:57 GMT
#4741
On October 23 2012 23:00 FakeDeath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 22:16 renaissanceMAN wrote:
On October 23 2012 21:39 vthree wrote:
On October 23 2012 21:31 FakeDeath wrote:
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Wtf?Troll?

This is the only guy to make it to 2 Season Finals this year and won one of them.

Most wins in Code S and i don't know where you get " too sad to see this guy losing " when he is the most successful SC2 WOL player of all time.


Heh, Mvp fans are kind of spoiled. We aren't used to seeing him lose in a finals.


This is true, it's taken me a while to accept his loss too. He played pretty well, but if he was 100% on top of his game I think we would have seen life going home crying.


Don't make assumption like that.



Umm, if he was on top of his game, he would have won long before game 7. He was ahead in game 7, if he played a tiny fraction better he would have won.
esports
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 24 2012 02:06 GMT
#4742
On October 24 2012 10:57 Luepert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 23:00 FakeDeath wrote:
On October 23 2012 22:16 renaissanceMAN wrote:
On October 23 2012 21:39 vthree wrote:
On October 23 2012 21:31 FakeDeath wrote:
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Wtf?Troll?

This is the only guy to make it to 2 Season Finals this year and won one of them.

Most wins in Code S and i don't know where you get " too sad to see this guy losing " when he is the most successful SC2 WOL player of all time.


Heh, Mvp fans are kind of spoiled. We aren't used to seeing him lose in a finals.


This is true, it's taken me a while to accept his loss too. He played pretty well, but if he was 100% on top of his game I think we would have seen life going home crying.


Don't make assumption like that.



Umm, if he was on top of his game, he would have won long before game 7. He was ahead in game 7, if he played a tiny fraction better he would have won.


As a Mvp fan myself, there is no need to make a statement like that. Yes, the series was 4-3 so if Mvp did played better, he probably would have won. BUT we can also say that if Life played better, Life would have won 4-2, 4-1.

I think we should just appreciate this well played and close series between these top players.
redviper
Profile Joined May 2010
Pakistan2333 Posts
October 24 2012 11:51 GMT
#4743
On October 23 2012 21:31 FakeDeath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Wtf?Troll?

This is the only guy to make it to 2 Season Finals this year and won one of them.

Most wins in Code S and i don't know where you get " too sad to see this guy losing " when he is the most successful SC2 WOL player of all time.


Its the same for any incredible player. When MVP list, I stopped watching sc2 because I didn't even want to hear anyone mention the final. I certainly didn't want to see that picture of life on the front page. Why would I? I honestly don't like watching sc2 without MVP or moon. I will wait till next season now.
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
October 24 2012 13:53 GMT
#4744
On October 23 2012 21:09 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 21:05 redviper wrote:
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Its the same for me. I turned off the stream when life broke through to the natural, and I can't even bear to see any sc2 right now. Will be waiting for MVP to play next before I watch again.


I think Mvp will be playing in a Chinese invitation this coming weekend. Not sure about the broadcasting tho.


He's going up against Nestea in the round of 8 of the tournament
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-24 13:58:51
October 24 2012 13:55 GMT
#4745
Liquipedia page for the tournament being discussed is here: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_e-Sports_Masters_2012

Really nice prize pool for an 8 player invitational, if Mvp wins he's going to get close to passing MC on earnings!

Also, here's a thread on it: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=376534

@above where did you find the brackets?
Nadacambia
Profile Joined May 2012
Netherlands142 Posts
October 24 2012 13:58 GMT
#4746
On October 24 2012 05:20 ES.Genie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 21:31 FakeDeath wrote:
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Wtf?Troll?

This is the only guy to make it to 2 Season Finals this year and won one of them.

Most wins in Code S and i don't know where you get " too sad to see this guy losing " when he is the most successful SC2 WOL player of all time.

I'm the biggest male Mvp-fangirl ever, is it so hard to understand that it makes me sad when he loses?

Edit: Ofcourse he doesn't lose all that much, especially not in important matches, but this makes his loses even more painful.


In your first comment you act as if he isn't doing well. He got to the GSL Finals twice this year. He won one. He also won IEM this year. He is actually doing really really well atm.
Stephano Grubby!
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
October 24 2012 13:58 GMT
#4747
On October 24 2012 22:55 Dodgin wrote:
Liquipedia page for the tournament being discussed is here: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_e-Sports_Masters_2012

Really nice prize pool for an 8 player invitational, if Mvp wins he's going to get close to passing MC on earnings!

@above where did you find the brackets?


http://s.163.com/12/1022/11/8EDSTVL900314D0E_3.html

It's a Chinese site but the brackets are readable even if you don't know Chinese. The Chinese name there is MarineKing.
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 24 2012 14:01 GMT
#4748
Okay It's double elimination, Mvp will face either MMA or Leenock in round two, both of those opponents are pretty tough. I have no doubt he will roll over Nestea 2-0 with the way Nestea has been playing lately, getting knocked into Code B and all.

I think he would end up facing Marineking in the finals, if the not so good Marineking shows up then probably Alive.
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
October 24 2012 14:15 GMT
#4749
On October 24 2012 22:58 Weirdkid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2012 22:55 Dodgin wrote:
Liquipedia page for the tournament being discussed is here: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_e-Sports_Masters_2012

Really nice prize pool for an 8 player invitational, if Mvp wins he's going to get close to passing MC on earnings!

@above where did you find the brackets?


http://s.163.com/12/1022/11/8EDSTVL900314D0E_3.html

It's a Chinese site but the brackets are readable even if you don't know Chinese. The Chinese name there is MarineKing.


Oh cool, I completely missed this but saw people reference it elsewhere earlier. Very nice price pool, rooting for Mvp or Nestea to take it.
ES.Genie
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1370 Posts
October 24 2012 14:26 GMT
#4750
On October 24 2012 22:58 Nadacambia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2012 05:20 ES.Genie wrote:
On October 23 2012 21:31 FakeDeath wrote:
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Wtf?Troll?

This is the only guy to make it to 2 Season Finals this year and won one of them.

Most wins in Code S and i don't know where you get " too sad to see this guy losing " when he is the most successful SC2 WOL player of all time.

I'm the biggest male Mvp-fangirl ever, is it so hard to understand that it makes me sad when he loses?

Edit: Ofcourse he doesn't lose all that much, especially not in important matches, but this makes his loses even more painful.


In your first comment you act as if he isn't doing well. He got to the GSL Finals twice this year. He won one. He also won IEM this year. He is actually doing really really well atm.

No, that's not what I was trying to say. I wanted to say, that I won't watch any SC2 until I'm sure he does well next season, because I don't like seeing him lose.
No Mvp, no care. ~ the King will be back | Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Phil Heath |
Entirety
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
1423 Posts
October 25 2012 01:45 GMT
#4751
Mvp TvZ Last 20 Games: 60%
+ Show Spoiler +
L Life
L Life
W Life
W Life
W Life
L Life
L Life
W Symbol
W Symbol
L Symbol
W Symbol
L Curious
W Nerchio
W Nerchio
W Nerchio
L Nerchio
W VortiX
L VortiX
W VortiX
W VortiX

NesTea ZvT Last 20 Games: 20%

Head to Head Record: Mvp 18 - 8 NesTea (69.2%)

I think it's pretty safe to say that Mvp will win this pretty handily. He has always triumphed over NesTea and NesTea has looked pretty bad recently, especially against Terran. Meanwhile, Mvp just went up against the strongest Zerg player around and took it all the way to game 7, looking better than any other Terran at TvZ in the process.

Go Mvp, I like NesTea too but Mvp needs a win to avenge his GSL Finals loss!
IMMvp (정종현) | Fan Club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211431
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
October 25 2012 08:26 GMT
#4752
NesTea did take out Mvp. O-o
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 25 2012 08:26 GMT
#4753
that was not expected
Wrathsc2
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2025 Posts
October 25 2012 09:17 GMT
#4754
not a big deal as long as they show good games to the chinese audience
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
Sorathez
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia209 Posts
October 25 2012 09:24 GMT
#4755
Why am I not already in this fan club?
Sign me up damnit
There's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep trying till you run out of cake.
Tauscond
Profile Joined December 2011
United States181 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 12:41:17
October 25 2012 12:40 GMT
#4756
Quick question: Is Mvp gonna receive the Nestea Award this GSL season?
Mvp, Mvp, Mvp, Mvp, MMA, MKP
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 12:42:01
October 25 2012 12:41 GMT
#4757
Epic loser bracket comeback time? =o?

EDIT: No I believe he's only at 8 consecutive with 9 for season 5. Thus he needs to stay in Code S this season too and after that sure.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 25 2012 12:42 GMT
#4758
On October 25 2012 21:40 Tauscond wrote:
Quick question: Is Mvp gonna receive the Nestea Award this GSL season?


He gets it in 2013 Season 1.
Tauscond
Profile Joined December 2011
United States181 Posts
October 25 2012 13:13 GMT
#4759
So the "2011 LG Cinema 3D GSL Super Tournament" didn't count?
Mvp, Mvp, Mvp, Mvp, MMA, MKP
Entirety
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
1423 Posts
October 26 2012 01:22 GMT
#4760
Yeah, Super Tournament doesn't count because it wasn't a regular Code S Season.

Mvp TvT Last 20 Games: 60%
+ Show Spoiler +
W MarineKing
W MarineKing
W MMA
W MMA
L TaeJa
L TaeJa
W MMA
W MMA
L MMA
L jjakji
W BaBy
W Kas
W Kas
L Kas
L Polt
W Polt
L Polt
W TheStC
W TheStC
L Naama

MMA TvT Last 20 Games: 35%

Head to Head Record: Mvp 14 - 18 MMA (43.8%)

Right now, Mvp is looking a lot stronger than MMA with a much better TvT winrate recently, while MMA has been slumping hard. Traditionally, MMA has held the head to head record, but Mvp's recent victories in the GSL have made it less obvious and show that this "MMA has his number" may have faded away entirely... or Mvp has overcome it.

I think Mvp will win this match. With the recent GSL, Mvp went 4-1 over MMA. (Interesting trivia: One year ago, Mvp went 1-4 to MMA. Only the champions remain forever!) I think Mvp's recent performance has been much stronger and there's no reason he cannot continue this. Go Mvp!
IMMvp (정종현) | Fan Club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211431
Prev 1 236 237 238 239 240 340 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings56
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta13
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9414
Artosis 651
ZZZero.O 124
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
League of Legends
Doublelift6008
JimRising 382
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe41
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4084
Other Games
FrodaN2241
Liquid`RaSZi1888
Livibee411
C9.Mang0388
Maynarde159
Mew2King44
ArmadaUGS24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1175
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• musti20045 35
• Sammyuel 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1512
• Scarra1312
• Shiphtur628
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 25m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.