• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:45
CEST 23:45
KST 06:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12925 users

Mvp Fan Club - Page 237

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 235 236 237 238 239 340 Next
GhostLink
Profile Joined January 2011
United States450 Posts
October 21 2012 14:46 GMT
#4721
Mvp's winning trend can be somewhat defined mathematically. Check this thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=377011

Let a man play chess, and tell him that every pawn is his friend. Let him think both bishops holy. Let him remember happy days in the shadows of his castles. Let him love his queen. Watch him lose them all.
Entirety
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
1423 Posts
October 21 2012 18:59 GMT
#4722
Now that it's all over, I'm still smiling because Mvp had one of the most amazing runs ever.

Beating out his former nemesis MMA, proving that he refuses to be haunted by the ghosts of his past. Beating JYP, a Protoss - he had historically struggled against Protoss until GSL Season 2, but now we know that it's just not true anymore - he dominates versus any race. Beating MarineKing, proving that MarineKing will always be Mvp's toy

Getting through the group stages, his biggest obstacle in the GSL, and having had success with group stages in 2012, it shows that Mvp isn't really a playoff player anymore - he can handle groups as well with amazing tenacity (he almost always gets through with 2 wins and 1 loss, playing a ridiculous number of games, despite the condition of his wrists preventing him from playing too long... remember when he played the full 9 games to get through group stages, beating out Leenock in the end?)

Beating out Symbol, an incredibly strong Zerg player and the LG-IM killer... after all, curses never work on Mvp, he defies all of them.

Beating Rain!!! Perhaps the most hyped player ever, a super strong Protoss with the mystical KeSPA factor, making it into the finals of OSL, crushing TaeJa too. Even I, as a Mvp fan, thought the odds looked bleak for our Mvp. Still, he pulled through, defying KeSPA, defying everything. Personally, I think his victory over Rain was the greatest win of his career, either that or his win versus Squirtle.

Then Life, another incredibly hyped player. Alas, he proved that he was worth all the hype. Still, a player who looked nearly unbeatable, dropping only a few maps, dispatching TaeJa, MarineKing, and just about everyone else with ease. No one seemed to stand a chance against him and Mvp took him to the brink. That's Mvp's magic for you, he took it to game 7 relying on one style while other Terrans tried everything and failed. In the games where Mvp lost, if he had done a few things differently, who knows how this finals would have gone?

Also, 6 finals is absolutely amazing. 4 championships, 6 finals. That is dominance. Yes, he lost, but no one can deny that Mvp is a truly great player, the greatest StarCraft 2 player to date and his record may never be surpassed.
IMMvp (정종현) | Fan Club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211431
Tauscond
Profile Joined December 2011
United States181 Posts
October 21 2012 22:29 GMT
#4723
On October 22 2012 03:59 Entirety wrote:
Now that it's all over, I'm still smiling because Mvp had one of the most amazing runs ever.

Beating out his former nemesis MMA, proving that he refuses to be haunted by the ghosts of his past. Beating JYP, a Protoss - he had historically struggled against Protoss until GSL Season 2, but now we know that it's just not true anymore - he dominates versus any race. Beating MarineKing, proving that MarineKing will always be Mvp's toy

Getting through the group stages, his biggest obstacle in the GSL, and having had success with group stages in 2012, it shows that Mvp isn't really a playoff player anymore - he can handle groups as well with amazing tenacity (he almost always gets through with 2 wins and 1 loss, playing a ridiculous number of games, despite the condition of his wrists preventing him from playing too long... remember when he played the full 9 games to get through group stages, beating out Leenock in the end?)

Beating out Symbol, an incredibly strong Zerg player and the LG-IM killer... after all, curses never work on Mvp, he defies all of them.

Beating Rain!!! Perhaps the most hyped player ever, a super strong Protoss with the mystical KeSPA factor, making it into the finals of OSL, crushing TaeJa too. Even I, as a Mvp fan, thought the odds looked bleak for our Mvp. Still, he pulled through, defying KeSPA, defying everything. Personally, I think his victory over Rain was the greatest win of his career, either that or his win versus Squirtle.

Then Life, another incredibly hyped player. Alas, he proved that he was worth all the hype. Still, a player who looked nearly unbeatable, dropping only a few maps, dispatching TaeJa, MarineKing, and just about everyone else with ease. No one seemed to stand a chance against him and Mvp took him to the brink. That's Mvp's magic for you, he took it to game 7 relying on one style while other Terrans tried everything and failed. In the games where Mvp lost, if he had done a few things differently, who knows how this finals would have gone?

Also, 6 finals is absolutely amazing. 4 championships, 6 finals. That is dominance. Yes, he lost, but no one can deny that Mvp is a truly great player, the greatest StarCraft 2 player to date and his record may never be surpassed.


If there is a "Like" button here, I would click it 100 times for this :D
Mvp, Mvp, Mvp, Mvp, MMA, MKP
mynameisgreat11
Profile Joined February 2012
599 Posts
October 21 2012 23:18 GMT
#4724
Michael Jordan didn't win the title every season either, but he's still the king.

GOGOGOG MVP!!! If you ever need a fanboy lover, I'm here waiting!!!!!
fenrysk
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States364 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-22 10:26:09
October 22 2012 00:00 GMT
#4725
On October 22 2012 08:18 mynameisgreat11 wrote:
Michael Jordan didn't win the title every season either, but he's still the king.

GOGOGOG MVP!!! If you ever need a fanboy lover, I'm here waiting!!!!!


MVP wears Jordan brand wristwraps. i remember seeing them on him in the S2 finals and at IEM too

edit: i just realized as i was watching MMA play in the Up and Downs, both of Mvp's code S final defeats were in the month of October T_T
http://fenrysk-art.deviantart.com
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 22 2012 11:41 GMT
#4726
They were not only in October but also mere days apart ;o

October 20th-22nd curse!
ES.Genie
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1370 Posts
October 22 2012 22:12 GMT
#4727
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!
No Mvp, no care. ~ the King will be back | Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Phil Heath |
redviper
Profile Joined May 2010
Pakistan2333 Posts
October 23 2012 12:05 GMT
#4728
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Its the same for me. I turned off the stream when life broke through to the natural, and I can't even bear to see any sc2 right now. Will be waiting for MVP to play next before I watch again.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 23 2012 12:09 GMT
#4729
you guys should cheer up, he may have lost but he's still the only terran player to even make it to a GSL finals this year.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 23 2012 12:09 GMT
#4730
On October 23 2012 21:05 redviper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Its the same for me. I turned off the stream when life broke through to the natural, and I can't even bear to see any sc2 right now. Will be waiting for MVP to play next before I watch again.


I think Mvp will be playing in a Chinese invitation this coming weekend. Not sure about the broadcasting tho.
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-23 12:32:58
October 23 2012 12:31 GMT
#4731
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Wtf?Troll?

This is the only guy to make it to 2 Season Finals this year and won one of them.

Most wins in Code S and i don't know where you get " too sad to see this guy losing " when he is the most successful SC2 WOL player of all time.
Play your best
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 23 2012 12:39 GMT
#4732
On October 23 2012 21:31 FakeDeath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Wtf?Troll?

This is the only guy to make it to 2 Season Finals this year and won one of them.

Most wins in Code S and i don't know where you get " too sad to see this guy losing " when he is the most successful SC2 WOL player of all time.


Heh, Mvp fans are kind of spoiled. We aren't used to seeing him lose in a finals.
renaissanceMAN
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1840 Posts
October 23 2012 13:16 GMT
#4733
On October 23 2012 21:39 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 21:31 FakeDeath wrote:
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Wtf?Troll?

This is the only guy to make it to 2 Season Finals this year and won one of them.

Most wins in Code S and i don't know where you get " too sad to see this guy losing " when he is the most successful SC2 WOL player of all time.


Heh, Mvp fans are kind of spoiled. We aren't used to seeing him lose in a finals.


This is true, it's taken me a while to accept his loss too. He played pretty well, but if he was 100% on top of his game I think we would have seen life going home crying.
On August 15 2013 03:43 Waxangel wrote: no amount of money can replace the enjoyment of being mean to people on the internet
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
October 23 2012 14:00 GMT
#4734
On October 23 2012 22:16 renaissanceMAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 21:39 vthree wrote:
On October 23 2012 21:31 FakeDeath wrote:
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Wtf?Troll?

This is the only guy to make it to 2 Season Finals this year and won one of them.

Most wins in Code S and i don't know where you get " too sad to see this guy losing " when he is the most successful SC2 WOL player of all time.


Heh, Mvp fans are kind of spoiled. We aren't used to seeing him lose in a finals.


This is true, it's taken me a while to accept his loss too. He played pretty well, but if he was 100% on top of his game I think we would have seen life going home crying.


Don't make assumption like that.

Play your best
Mista_Masta
Profile Joined January 2009
Netherlands557 Posts
October 23 2012 14:27 GMT
#4735
Still sad about Mvp losing. Still, he nearly survived the Artosis curse - Artosis cursed him 3 times in the finals, and only after the third time did it start to affect Mvp (first when Artosis said before the game 'I think Mvp will win this', second when he said 'Whoever wins Whirlwind wins this' and third when he said 'Mvp is up 3-2 and Life looks devastated, no way Mvp loses this.') I'm still sad because Mvp made some sloppy mistakes in games 1, 6, and 7, where in each of those he could've won. Still, it was an amazing feat of Life to win those three games where Mvp was in the lead, and to beat all the LG-IM GSL champions in a single season of GSL.
SfynX
Profile Joined July 2012
United Kingdom83 Posts
October 23 2012 14:53 GMT
#4736
Mvp still played very well, considering the circumstances of his current condition and the fact that Life destroyed everyone in this season I haven't lost any hope. Now that Mvp knows life's playstyle id love to see a rematch.


zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
October 23 2012 14:54 GMT
#4737
Mvp doesn't have to prove anything. Anything he wins from now is just added to his legacy.
ES.Genie
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1370 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-23 21:37:47
October 23 2012 20:20 GMT
#4738
On October 23 2012 21:31 FakeDeath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 07:12 ES.Genie wrote:
So I finally accepted that Mvp lost, but I decided not to watch any Starcraft until he does well again. It's just too sad to see this guy losing and without him doing well I can't get exited about any SC2. I haven't even watched the VODs of the final and probably will never watch them...

With that being said: Mvp fighting!


Wtf?Troll?

This is the only guy to make it to 2 Season Finals this year and won one of them.

Most wins in Code S and i don't know where you get " too sad to see this guy losing " when he is the most successful SC2 WOL player of all time.

I'm the biggest male Mvp-fangirl ever, is it so hard to understand that it makes me sad when he loses?

Edit: Ofcourse he doesn't lose all that much, especially not in important matches, but this makes his loses even more painful.
No Mvp, no care. ~ the King will be back | Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Phil Heath |
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
October 23 2012 20:28 GMT
#4739
Mvp is and always will be remeberd as the King of Ballers doesnt matter if he wins or loses.
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Entirety
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
1423 Posts
October 24 2012 01:27 GMT
#4740
The reality is that you simply can't win them all.

Of course, I'm sure Mvp feels the same way - that a few small mistakes here and there cost him the series.

Then again, all of the mistakes that Mvp didn't make... those are what got him to game 7 in the first place.

2nd place finish in GSL is not something to lament, it's impressive in its own right and make no mistake: The King will return!
IMMvp (정종현) | Fan Club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211431
Prev 1 235 236 237 238 239 340 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14600
Shuttle 344
White-Ra 229
ZZZero.O 141
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm89
League of Legends
Doublelift3236
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4824
Other Games
summit1g9610
FrodaN2307
Liquid`RaSZi2091
fl0m1864
crisheroes286
ToD272
C9.Mang0269
Livibee175
Pyrionflax151
IndyStarCraft 136
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1025
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 47
• musti20045 33
• Adnapsc2 27
• Sammyuel 6
• HeavenSC 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki44
• blackmanpl 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1689
• Shiphtur665
• WagamamaTV311
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 15m
Replay Cast
1h 15m
OSC
14h 15m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.