• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:23
CEST 00:23
KST 07:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8325 users

The Destiny Fan Club - Page 26

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 118 Next
gabbegubbe
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden67 Posts
June 15 2011 11:34 GMT
#501
A while ago when I watched the stream I saw Stevens wallpaper. It was white with the zerg logo in the middle and it said something like "for the swarm" in purple underneath. Anyone know where to get that? Getting tired of my current wallpaper and that one looked awesome.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
June 15 2011 11:37 GMT
#502
On June 15 2011 16:37 stermy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2011 07:33 CowMoo wrote:
Hey destiny, and all the people watching his stream, I just wanted to add something to the debate about hateful speech.

I agree with what you're saying about IDEAS being a lot more harmful than the words. For example, it's much more hurtful to me to hear someone say, "I don't think that gay people should be allowed to marry because it violates human decency," than for you to say the word, "faggot," on your stream. Honestly I don't mind at all if you say these words, because I realize that I have to pick my battles, and you're not harming anyone at all.

In an ideal world, everyone would realize this. However, we obviously don't live in an ideal world. What scares me is that people will take your speech out of context and use it for their misguided arguments, or use your speech to help grow their own ideas of gay-bashing etc. There are a lot of people in this world that aren't intelligent enough to separate ideas and words like you're talking about (sadly these are often the very same that commit hate crimes, etc.), which is why the gay community and black community often take offence at what you're saying.

This is not to say that you should stop what you're doing. You're a wonderful entertainer and I love watching your stream. I just hope that you can appreciate that the issue is a little more nuanced than you've admitted to.


0/10, you even bring up this shit its obvious troll.

Destiny himself has been on Weapon of Choice and State of the Game discussing this very issue. He recently stated to the community that tomorrow he will be discussing it, taking questions from his stream audience for an hour or so. It is a legitimate issue and CowMoo has every right to express his opinion on the matter. This is not 4chan, people can write a lengthy post without trolling. It seems you just fail to understand that.
Causlicious
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany127 Posts
June 15 2011 11:45 GMT
#503
On June 15 2011 20:34 gabbegubbe wrote:
A while ago when I watched the stream I saw Stevens wallpaper. It was white with the zerg logo in the middle and it said something like "for the swarm" in purple underneath. Anyone know where to get that? Getting tired of my current wallpaper and that one looked awesome.



http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/1111403

well, its not purple but i think destiny used this one as well

if not : http://wallbase.cc/search/_starcraft_ maybe you'll find it there
<33
CowMoo
Profile Joined May 2011
United States45 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 00:26:06
June 16 2011 00:23 GMT
#504
On June 15 2011 16:37 stermy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2011 07:33 CowMoo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

Hey destiny, and all the people watching his stream, I just wanted to add something to the debate about hateful speech.

I agree with what you're saying about IDEAS being a lot more harmful than the words. For example, it's much more hurtful to me to hear someone say, "I don't think that gay people should be allowed to marry because it violates human decency," than for you to say the word, "faggot," on your stream. Honestly I don't mind at all if you say these words, because I realize that I have to pick my battles, and you're not harming anyone at all.

In an ideal world, everyone would realize this. However, we obviously don't live in an ideal world. What scares me is that people will take your speech out of context and use it for their misguided arguments, or use your speech to help grow their own ideas of gay-bashing etc. There are a lot of people in this world that aren't intelligent enough to separate ideas and words like you're talking about (sadly these are often the very same that commit hate crimes, etc.), which is why the gay community and black community often take offence at what you're saying.

This is not to say that you should stop what you're doing. You're a wonderful entertainer and I love watching your stream. I just hope that you can appreciate that the issue is a little more nuanced than you've admitted to.



0/10, you even bring up this shit its obvious troll.


Seriously man? I'm not trying to troll; I think Destiny is awesome. I just think there's another viewpoint to foul language that wasn't completely addressed in SotG or on Destiny's stream yet. Did you even read what I wrote? I'll add something something just for you.

TL;DR
Some people may take your words out of context without thinking about it


BTW, when is Destiny answering questions for his stream?
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
June 16 2011 00:52 GMT
#505
On June 15 2011 20:45 Causlicious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2011 20:34 gabbegubbe wrote:
A while ago when I watched the stream I saw Stevens wallpaper. It was white with the zerg logo in the middle and it said something like "for the swarm" in purple underneath. Anyone know where to get that? Getting tired of my current wallpaper and that one looked awesome.



http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/1111403

well, its not purple but i think destiny used this one as well

if not : http://wallbase.cc/search/_starcraft_ maybe you'll find it there


holy check, I've been looking for this for a while, but I just didn't know what to search. Thx <3's
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Turbogangsta
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia319 Posts
June 16 2011 01:52 GMT
#506
love your play man been folloing a while and i think you have made amazing progress. keep it up
Esports is killing Esports.
Code
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada634 Posts
June 16 2011 02:39 GMT
#507
On June 10 2011 14:39 Cramsy wrote:
Please give Destiny a helping hand. Stupid fucking kids.

wait ....the guy who did this has a TL account?

Not cool
Turbogangsta
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia319 Posts
June 16 2011 03:34 GMT
#508
rofl your stream today so retarded these people so ignorant who arent trying to understand your opinion on language. i got a friend who came out recently and he still uses the word faggot just like you lol.

imagine these ppl arguing for the word dick. "you fucking dick get the fuck out" "yo man thats asociating negative conotations with my genetals i dont like that man"

u did a really good example with the word bitch. had lots of laughs today these people not worth your time bro
Esports is killing Esports.
hiyo_bye
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States737 Posts
June 16 2011 03:46 GMT
#509
I posted this in Steve's stream page, but I thought this would be fitting too. I wanna know whether you guys care about Steve's usage of words like the n-word or the word that refers to gay people that begins with f

Poll: Should Destiny Stop using these "offensive" words?

No; and I watch his stream (146)
 
69%

Yes; and I watch his stream (24)
 
11%

I really don't care either way (21)
 
10%

No; and I don't watch his stream much/at all (18)
 
8%

Yes; and I don't watch his stream much/at all (3)
 
1%

212 total votes

Your vote: Should Destiny Stop using these "offensive" words?

(Vote): Yes; and I watch his stream
(Vote): No; and I watch his stream
(Vote): Yes; and I don't watch his stream much/at all
(Vote): No; and I don't watch his stream much/at all
(Vote): I really don't care either way



Random
Stanlot
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5742 Posts
June 16 2011 03:52 GMT
#510
Listening to this debate happening right now on stream. Lost my shit at "hate Voltron" lmao
MC: "Sentry Forcefield Forcefield Marauder... cage Marauder die die"
MeriaDoKk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Chile1726 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 03:54:32
June 16 2011 03:54 GMT
#511
Doesn't people understand that the context is more important than the word itself?
Dayrlan
Profile Joined November 2010
United States248 Posts
June 16 2011 04:00 GMT
#512
[image loading]

A wild HateVoltron appears!
CowMoo
Profile Joined May 2011
United States45 Posts
June 16 2011 19:30 GMT
#513
On June 16 2011 12:54 MeriaDoKk wrote:
Doesn't people understand that the context is more important than the word itself?


No, they don't =/. This is why hateful speech can be such a big deal. Some idiot out there will take your words literally without thinking about it and assume that you hate gays or something. Then normal rational people started giving up and just started taking offense at EVERYONE who uses these words because it can be difficult to separate those two groups.
Maliris
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Northern Ireland2557 Posts
June 16 2011 19:39 GMT
#514
sign me up
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
r4pture
Profile Joined May 2011
United States397 Posts
June 16 2011 19:48 GMT
#515
Was a fun debate, even got to call in and vent :D Destiny hwaiting.
http://teamfortress.tv - For your TF2 streaming and discussion needs!
enemy2010
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1972 Posts
June 16 2011 20:56 GMT
#516
OMG, 1 hour game just happened!

EPIC!
1on1 auf azze no he no flash no awp only holztor. | Ja, da meint der ich hätt' abgeschmatzt, aber dat is Quatsch, verstehste?
a5mod
Profile Joined December 2010
France61 Posts
June 16 2011 23:56 GMT
#517
sign me up please
Stephano CrazyMoving Ret Zenio BBoongBBoong
TheSubtleArt
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada2527 Posts
June 17 2011 00:17 GMT
#518
On June 15 2011 20:45 Causlicious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2011 20:34 gabbegubbe wrote:
A while ago when I watched the stream I saw Stevens wallpaper. It was white with the zerg logo in the middle and it said something like "for the swarm" in purple underneath. Anyone know where to get that? Getting tired of my current wallpaper and that one looked awesome.



http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/1111403

well, its not purple but i think destiny used this one as well

if not : http://wallbase.cc/search/_starcraft_ maybe you'll find it there


Thanks so much, some of these are really cool
Dodge arrows
iNViCiOUZ
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany364 Posts
June 17 2011 09:31 GMT
#519
Has Destiny joined Complexity gaming?

1. He is not listed as a player on their site.
2. There is no information about that on his website
3. His stream does not include a clan tag

Just wondering...
Sanchonator
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia490 Posts
June 17 2011 09:37 GMT
#520
On June 17 2011 18:31 iNViCiOUZ wrote:
Has Destiny joined Complexity gaming?

1. He is not listed as a player on their site.
2. There is no information about that on his website
3. His stream does not include a clan tag

Just wondering...


root had a semi-merge with coL and died, destiny/catz/minigun/drewbie went to coL, slush/kiwi went to reign
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft238
Nina 103
ViBE71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14189
ZZZero.O 182
Dewaltoss 161
firebathero 98
Hyuk 74
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm117
febbydoto61
League of Legends
Doublelift3816
Counter-Strike
Fnx 864
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6087
Other Games
summit1g7003
FrodaN2071
mouzStarbuck399
JimRising 321
KnowMe230
ToD198
ArmadaUGS115
Mew2King42
Railgan30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1196
BasetradeTV191
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• musti20045 32
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie805
• Shiphtur212
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 37m
INu's Battles
13h 37m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 37m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 37m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.