• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:20
CEST 07:20
KST 14:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7612 users

The IdrA Fan Club - Page 553

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 551 552 553 554 555 2897 Next
Personal attacks in this thread will draw a temp ban.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
May 24 2011 02:13 GMT
#11041
Be careful, guys. I don't really want to moderate fanclub threads -_-

If zerg QQ offends you, you probably shouldn't have come to the Idra Fanclub in the first place, now should you?
ModeratorGood content always wins.
wrestlingfool08
Profile Joined November 2009
United States139 Posts
May 24 2011 02:14 GMT
#11042
Yea, the force fields were very powerful in that second game, but if Idra just doom drops in the main, he bypasses all force fields and takes out half production, most likely turning into a win. And first game I don't understand why he didn't target the forge after the first cannon. Don't think he played to his full potential those games.
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-24 02:17:11
May 24 2011 02:16 GMT
#11043
On May 24 2011 11:13 motbob wrote:
Be careful, guys. I don't really want to moderate fanclub threads -_-

If zerg QQ offends you, you probably shouldn't have come to the Idra Fanclub in the first place, now should you?

can I use the second part of this post in my signature?
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
May 24 2011 02:18 GMT
#11044
On May 24 2011 11:16 MonsieurGrimm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 11:13 motbob wrote:
Be careful, guys. I don't really want to moderate fanclub threads -_-

If zerg QQ offends you, you probably shouldn't have come to the Idra Fanclub in the first place, now should you?

can I use the second part of this post in my signature?

It's an honor if I get quoted by anyone in their sig.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
May 24 2011 02:19 GMT
#11045
On May 24 2011 11:13 motbob wrote:
Be careful, guys. I don't really want to moderate fanclub threads -_-

If zerg QQ offends you, you probably shouldn't have come to the Idra Fanclub in the first place, now should you?

motbob such a troll :lol :lol
schmutttt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia3856 Posts
May 24 2011 02:28 GMT
#11046
TBH I don't think IdrA is practicing a whole lot right now, I actually have the feeling he doesn't practice anywhere near as much as people think.

Wish he did, he'd actually be a lot better than he is now :/ . Just my 0.02, but it doesn't seem like he practices much these days unless it was a couple weeks before a big tournament.
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
May 24 2011 02:34 GMT
#11047
On May 24 2011 11:18 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 11:16 MonsieurGrimm wrote:
On May 24 2011 11:13 motbob wrote:
Be careful, guys. I don't really want to moderate fanclub threads -_-

If zerg QQ offends you, you probably shouldn't have come to the Idra Fanclub in the first place, now should you?

can I use the second part of this post in my signature?

It's an honor if I get quoted by anyone in their sig.

feel honoured :D
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
DharmaTurtle
Profile Joined August 2010
United States283 Posts
May 24 2011 02:36 GMT
#11048
I didn't come into this thread to flame/troll/antagonize. I did poorly on that third part (nods to motbob), but all my points have been valid, haven't they?

I came because I knew there would be people complaining about imba, and merely pointed out critical mistakes in Idra's play. His micro was not perfect, and too many people concentrated on "He has a 50 food lead!" to consider of other aspects of the match. SC2 is not a food race. If people get riled up over my pokes at Idra's play in a fanclub thread that and I get (temp)banned... well shucks. I'll try not to disturb the hive.

I like Zerg; Destiny is one of my favorite players. But I can't abide statements like "Spam forcefields counters Zerg T3", which is blatantly false.
I went from bronze to platinum in 3 awesome days.
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-24 02:44:32
May 24 2011 02:42 GMT
#11049
On May 24 2011 11:36 DharmaTurtle wrote:
I came because I knew there would be people complaining about imba

that should be the reason for you not to come in here T____T
But I can't abide statements like "Spam forcefields counters Zerg T3", which is blatantly false.

good luck on your personal crusade to cleanse the forums of balance whine and false statements, I suppose...
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
SuperStyle
Profile Joined March 2011
United States976 Posts
May 24 2011 02:42 GMT
#11050
On May 24 2011 11:13 motbob wrote:
Be careful, guys. I don't really want to moderate fanclub threads -_-

If zerg QQ offends you, you probably shouldn't have come to the Idra Fanclub in the first place, now should you?


Does that mean i can go to Naniwa fanclub and qq about how week protoss is and zerg is not ?(Im not saying that that is the situation btw)
Because it seems to me that ur allowing people to whine about balance with no consequences in here.
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
May 24 2011 02:45 GMT
#11051
On May 24 2011 11:42 SuperStyle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 11:13 motbob wrote:
Be careful, guys. I don't really want to moderate fanclub threads -_-

If zerg QQ offends you, you probably shouldn't have come to the Idra Fanclub in the first place, now should you?


Does that mean i can go to Naniwa fanclub and qq about how week protoss is and zerg is not ?(Im not saying that that is the situation btw)
Because it seems to me that ur allowing people to whine about balance with no consequences in here.

the first part of his post indicates the opposite: if the whine becomes too much, consequences will be applied
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
May 24 2011 02:46 GMT
#11052
On May 24 2011 11:36 DharmaTurtle wrote:
I didn't come into this thread to flame/troll/antagonize. I did poorly on that third part (nods to motbob), but all my points have been valid, haven't they?

I came because I knew there would be people complaining about imba, and merely pointed out critical mistakes in Idra's play. His micro was not perfect, and too many people concentrated on "He has a 50 food lead!" to consider of other aspects of the match. SC2 is not a food race. If people get riled up over my pokes at Idra's play in a fanclub thread that and I get (temp)banned... well shucks. I'll try not to disturb the hive.

I like Zerg; Destiny is one of my favorite players. But I can't abide statements like "Spam forcefields counters Zerg T3", which is blatantly false.

sure, but food is generally a good indicator as to whos ahead.
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
Moralez
Profile Joined May 2011
Portugal1857 Posts
May 24 2011 02:50 GMT
#11053
On May 24 2011 11:13 motbob wrote:
Be careful, guys. I don't really want to moderate fanclub threads -_-

If zerg QQ offends you, you probably shouldn't have come to the Idra Fanclub in the first place, now should you?


Enough said.
Master League Zerg - EGIdrA - IMNesTea - EGMachine - EGIncoNtrol - IMLosirA - Destiny - MVPDRG -
Mailing
Profile Joined March 2011
United States3087 Posts
May 24 2011 02:50 GMT
#11054
It's a shame. I watched this series a week ago and knew what the reaction would be.

It's interesting how shitty 15 brood lords are without ground units to support them, but they cost so much gas that idra was at like 2000/0 when he attack came and couldn't even afford roaches to defend the brood lords
Are you hurting ESPORTS? Find out today - http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=232866
whatdoido
Profile Joined October 2010
United States80 Posts
May 24 2011 02:53 GMT
#11055
hope to see idra rock MLG.

win or lose he always manages to bring epic games




+ Show Spoiler [StarsWars tournament] +

Game 2: Metalopolis
xiaOt was really good, he kept trying to scout in one direction with his group of blink stalkers to spot any attacks coming; with blink you can get away pretty easily. Back at his base, between his natural expansion and 3rd base, he kept sentries / immortals to forcefield against any counter attacks while his blink stalkers were scouting any attacks coming from the other side.

xiaOt also individually targets idra's infestors with his collosi in that huge battle near the protoss 3rd base. Losing 4 - 5 infestors there was really crucial, after that he couldn't really stop his broodlords that were incoming from dying to blink.

One thing to consider during these games is the delay or lag. I assume it's played on the chinese or korean server, not the north american server.

The first game though ... not much to say. Idra is convinced that zerg has no chance vs a nexus first protoss, so every time i see that vs idra I know a roach / ling all in is coming. I didn't think xiaOt would be able to stop it, but he did somehow.



Has idra given a more detailed explanation of his thoughts on protoss in general? Does he think at some point of skill protoss will always beat zerg, or is his view that zerg just has to play much better to beat protoss? I mean, I assume there's a skill cap somewhere here ... if idra the protoss vs idra the zerg somehow happened without the universe imploding, would idra the protoss win every single time?





"Blizzard never nerf Terran because of those US and European Terran fuck" - random korean netizen commenting on IEM
DharmaTurtle
Profile Joined August 2010
United States283 Posts
May 24 2011 03:02 GMT
#11056
sure, but food is generally a good indicator as to whos ahead.

Oh, I agree completely! Idra was ahead, and by quite a bit.

He just did nothing with his food advantage and allowed Toss to max out. This was a crucial mistake and renders the previous food advantage completely pointless.
I went from bronze to platinum in 3 awesome days.
Moralez
Profile Joined May 2011
Portugal1857 Posts
May 24 2011 03:17 GMT
#11057
On May 24 2011 12:02 DharmaTurtle wrote:
Show nested quote +
sure, but food is generally a good indicator as to whos ahead.

Oh, I agree completely! Idra was ahead, and by quite a bit.

He just did nothing with his food advantage and allowed Toss to max out. This was a crucial mistake and renders the previous food advantage completely pointless.


He did nothing because he couldnt, because of 15 sentries can't you understand that?

/facepalm

He tried to attack he just kept getting FFed back and loosing units >_<
Master League Zerg - EGIdrA - IMNesTea - EGMachine - EGIncoNtrol - IMLosirA - Destiny - MVPDRG -
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
May 24 2011 03:23 GMT
#11058
On May 24 2011 11:53 whatdoido wrote:
hope to see idra rock MLG.

win or lose he always manages to bring epic games




+ Show Spoiler [StarsWars tournament] +

Game 2: Metalopolis
xiaOt was really good, he kept trying to scout in one direction with his group of blink stalkers to spot any attacks coming; with blink you can get away pretty easily. Back at his base, between his natural expansion and 3rd base, he kept sentries / immortals to forcefield against any counter attacks while his blink stalkers were scouting any attacks coming from the other side.

xiaOt also individually targets idra's infestors with his collosi in that huge battle near the protoss 3rd base. Losing 4 - 5 infestors there was really crucial, after that he couldn't really stop his broodlords that were incoming from dying to blink.

One thing to consider during these games is the delay or lag. I assume it's played on the chinese or korean server, not the north american server.

The first game though ... not much to say. Idra is convinced that zerg has no chance vs a nexus first protoss, so every time i see that vs idra I know a roach / ling all in is coming. I didn't think xiaOt would be able to stop it, but he did somehow.



Has idra given a more detailed explanation of his thoughts on protoss in general? Does he think at some point of skill protoss will always beat zerg, or is his view that zerg just has to play much better to beat protoss? I mean, I assume there's a skill cap somewhere here ... if idra the protoss vs idra the zerg somehow happened without the universe imploding, would idra the protoss win every single time?

+ Show Spoiler +
To clear up any misunderstandings: Game 1 was played on the CHN server, Game 2 on the NA server, so they both had to deal with lag. It's a good system, I think, as it pretty much gives both players home server advantage at least once. I'm not sure what they would've done had it gone onto a Game 3. Neutral server?
NPHarris
Profile Joined May 2011
91 Posts
May 24 2011 03:28 GMT
#11059
Loser picks server perhaps-
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
May 24 2011 03:33 GMT
#11060
On May 24 2011 12:02 DharmaTurtle wrote:
Show nested quote +
sure, but food is generally a good indicator as to whos ahead.

Oh, I agree completely! Idra was ahead, and by quite a bit.

He just did nothing with his food advantage and allowed Toss to max out. This was a crucial mistake and renders the previous food advantage completely pointless.



Err, but you don't really want to attack into a protoss army with forcefields.
I don't think sacrificing an army just to damage his is a better solution then building up your tech/pooled resources, and trying to remax on a good comp to beat it.
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Prev 1 551 552 553 554 555 2897 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 128
Nina 123
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
HiyA 354
Mong 149
Shinee 77
sorry 33
Noble 16
NotJumperer 16
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1288
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
JimRising 657
Reynor56
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft599
Other Games
summit1g6995
Coldzera 743
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft161
RuFF_SC232
ArmadaUGS31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream380
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2144
League of Legends
• Lourlo1334
• Rush1308
• Stunt367
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 41m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.