• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:38
CEST 15:38
KST 22:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8296 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6215

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-22 11:51:35
January 22 2018 11:31 GMT
#124281
If you binge after it's over you miss out on all speculation, discussion and a whole lot of fun in my opinion.

Edit: It's comparable to watching a tournament live vs watching the VODs afterwards, i suppose
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-22 12:19:52
January 22 2018 12:17 GMT
#124282
On January 22 2018 20:25 hunter_x wrote:
Do you guys really watch one episode of these shows every week? If i like a show, 20 min every week is not nearly enough. I always wait till a season is over, and then i watch the series i find interesting. but i also dont like to mix multiple anime up, i try to finish one, before i start the next. Well to each his own i guess

yeah like mentioned above already. Having that one week inbetween is kind of important for me to really enjoy a show.
Of course I can bingewatch stuff as well but I prefer 1 episode a week.

I still remember the suspension back from watching Monogatari s2, some arcs in particular because I didn't know what was going to happen. Forcing me to wait for a week made that all the more real and I'm quite convinced that bingewatching it would have given me a different experience at times.

I did bingewatch Madoka in one setting, which is probably the only bingewatch that is one of my favorite anime. That experience was pretty depressing and might have added something else to it since you have it all back-to-back-to-back. Whereas watching it on a weekly basis would probably hammer you in a different way as you are waiting for the next episode to be aired to see if XYZ survives etc.

But I personally prefer the 1 episode a week way. Gives you more time to really take in what you've seen as well as some time to think about it. Bingewatching feels kind of braindead to me.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-22 12:59:55
January 22 2018 12:55 GMT
#124283
Toad I always thought you're one weird fellow but dam it just keeps getting weirder. Next you'll tell me you aren't a lolicon. There's a vast gulf between being forced to wait a week with broadcast(And having rushed quality at times) and watching stuff at your own pace once completed(or in your case breakneck speed lol, just slow it down and enjoy it).
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-22 13:08:18
January 22 2018 13:07 GMT
#124284
It varies from series to series for me, sometimes i'll watch ep 1 and then put it on hold and plan to watch it when it's finished and other times i enjoy watching it weekly.
I couldn't imagine not watching Darling in the FranXX weekly this season for example, too many funny things happening related to that series that i'd miss out on if i waited.

Episodic stuff is obviously the absolute best for the 1 episode per week format tho, imo.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-22 13:27:48
January 22 2018 13:23 GMT
#124285
On January 22 2018 21:55 Numy wrote:
Toad I always thought you're one weird fellow but dam it just keeps getting weirder. Next you'll tell me you aren't a lolicon. There's a vast gulf between being forced to wait a week with broadcast(And having rushed quality at times) and watching stuff at your own pace once completed(or in your case breakneck speed lol, just slow it down and enjoy it).

But being forced to wait is exactly what makes it different for me. I can just watch stuff weekly afterwards as well but it's just not the same.

I don't like watching VODs either when it comes to other things. Feels "pointless" or "not real" to me as I know that just checking the Web would give me the results.

Also considering how much I like talking about currently airing stuff bingewatch just isn't my thing. Discussing these things might actually be even more entertaining for me

//fukkin phone autocorrect. Should be readable now
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-22 13:39:20
January 22 2018 13:38 GMT
#124286
Each to their own. Merely saying there's more than just weekly or binge.

Don't really like watching anything weekly be it episodic or not. Taking it at my own pace whenever I want is far more enjoyable. Sometimes that means binge, sometimes that's just sneaking an ep now and then. Topical stuff can be more enjoyable watching as it airs but generally I find those kind of hyper focused current shows tend to either age poorly or be good enough that the topical content is always relevant which means they fine to watch afterwards.

Haven't even finished Soma which I started late but caught up to. Just can't be bothered with weekly lol. Lose interest after awhile. There's so much good finished content out there I don't really have much drive to go through chore of them telling me when I can watch. I just go watch something else. Like all of Haikyuu again, dam that show as good as hell even 2nd viewing. Also started DS9. Forgot how different it was from any other Trek show.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 22 2018 14:11 GMT
#124287
I mean I would have never watched eromanga-sensei (good lord my phone knew what I was about to type after 2 letters) had it not been weekly and getting in here for reaction every week either.
But that really is a big part of it for me
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
January 22 2018 14:26 GMT
#124288
On January 22 2018 20:25 hunter_x wrote:
Do you guys really watch one episode of these shows every week? If i like a show, 20 min every week is not nearly enough. I always wait till a season is over, and then i watch the series i find interesting. but i also dont like to mix multiple anime up, i try to finish one, before i start the next. Well to each his own i guess

I'm too old to marathon stuff now days. If I want to watch something, the most I can do is "2 episodes every day or so".


Finally got around to watching Darling in the FranXX. This anime isn't bad, I guess, but I can see where friends of mine are coming from when they say its boring. This show essentially doesn't have a plot (yet). Two episodes and they haven't said what those giant dinosaur monsters are, what the state of the world overall is in, or anything that the plot probably will be about. Instead the whole show is about this boring MC who can't pilot, and his efforts in trying. But even then, there are lots of things that I feel like should be in the plot at this point, that aren't. So this guy can't plot robots. Why? There has to be some stated reason for it, and for a show that currently is centered entirely on that, why would they skip over that part? Its like this show just doesn't bother explaining why anything is happening. But at least its 2D mecha, and its not like offensively bad like Cross Ange or Valvrave or something.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
January 22 2018 14:30 GMT
#124289
On January 22 2018 23:11 Toadesstern wrote:
I mean I would have never watched eromanga-sensei (good lord my phone knew what I was about to type after 2 letters) had it not been weekly and getting in here for reaction every week either.
But that really is a big part of it for me

That sounds more like a negative than a positive.

You sure you don't actually like stuff like eromanga but need an excuse to make yourself feel better about it? Just accept the trash Toad. Sure we judge you but hey life is about having fun.
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
January 22 2018 14:38 GMT
#124290
If i watch something trashy there's generally 2 reasons
1: I'm enjoying its trashiness
2: I'm watching it with someone and we enjoy shitting on how trashy it is weekly while watching
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-22 14:57:14
January 22 2018 14:54 GMT
#124291
I'd have so little time if I didn't watch stuff weekly on the day it released. It's one of the main reasons I end up never finishing some current anime. If I'm behind by a lot, I usually go fuck it and never go back and finish it unless the show is good and even then, it takes a long time for me to get the motivation to do so. also the bingewatching experience doesn't do anything different for me. Last time I did it for like Saki, I just lost a lot of sleep. Bad feeling.

Though I am usually watching more seasonal stuff than most ppl here. Just this season I'm watching like 13 shows iirc
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 22 2018 14:59 GMT
#124292
I used to binge animu since I watched alone and like many have stated, it’s satisifying to complete an interesting series in one go.

However, since last year, I watch animu with another friend now and weekly episodes is more conducive to discussion and if I/we don’t spoil ourselves with source material, there’s ample time to stew and ponder about where the plot is going. Also weekly episodes from the current season, there’s also the corresponding Reddit threads, which can be a fun source of meme, screenshots, and other shenanigans. Trying to find online discussion while you binge is rather difficult due to real life timing.
We did binge Hyouka before the new year and that was fun but I def did note that there was far less talk and speculation cause what was going to happen next was just a click away.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
January 22 2018 15:23 GMT
#124293
I am the type that has to finish a series within a reasonable period of time so while it takes me a while to ger motivated to watch something not current, when I do start one I generaly consume it rapidly.
Never Knows Best.
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
January 22 2018 15:35 GMT
#124294
I want another season of Haikyuu and i want the next season of BNHA's soundtrack to come out already

Yuuki Hayashi has become one of my favourite soundtrack composers for anime, he just makes so much super fucking good stuff everytime he's working on a hype series

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Lackbleeder
Profile Joined May 2015
741 Posts
January 22 2018 16:59 GMT
#124295
On January 22 2018 20:31 Unleashing wrote:
If you binge after it's over you miss out on all speculation, discussion and a whole lot of fun in my opinion.

Edit: It's comparable to watching a tournament live vs watching the VODs afterwards, i suppose

I think the experience is completely different. Tournaments generally aren't scripted or pre-recorded which makes the experience much more genuine to watch live. Each match has a clearly defined beginning and ending while non-episodic tv-series tend to end on cliffhangers. Some people love it because it adds suspense but i personally can't stand it since it breaks the flow of the story more often than not. Getting spoiled on the results is also much worse than knowing some plot twists imo.

Most tournaments can easily last longer than an 1-2 cour show and matches will generally go on for much longer than 20 minutes. I'd watch weekly anime more often if the episodes were longer but 20 minutes a week just doesn't cut it for me.
Somebody once told me za warudo is gonna roll me
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
January 22 2018 17:01 GMT
#124296
To each their own, they're most definitely comparable experiences to me with regards to the overall experience that comes with watching it weekly.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-22 18:05:31
January 22 2018 18:04 GMT
#124297
Personally, I tend to enjoy both types of schedules. The strength of a weekly airing anime is in being able to discuss it and read the thoughts of others. Sure, you have to wait a week and tournament arcs like the currently airing dbs tournament arc can be a pain to watch if you want to know what happens next, but, for me, it doesn't really break the flow. I have no issues waiting a week to see the next episode. It also becomes a sort of habit and I guess, something to look forward to much like a new game release or whatever other interests one has.

The nice thing about non-weekly anime is that if you do manage to find a show you're interested in (looking at you Skip Beat), it's extremely easy, time permitting, to just binge watch it and get to the conclusion. Of course, some shows are best to watch over a lot of days such as Ranma but that's part of it too. You get to structure your viewing around your schedule and the flow isn't interrupted. However, I've found that I've also lost interest after watching 4-5 episodes of an anime before and dropped it. This would rarely happen in weekly airing anime unless I missed several weeks worth of episodes.

edit: many thanks to everyone who gave their thoughts on Maid-sama and that other anime I mentioned in the thread some days back!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
January 22 2018 20:08 GMT
#124298
IMO the advantage of non-weekly is you can watch it at your own pace. You if you are still young you can marathon the shit out of them in one day, or just take them very slowly. Its all up to you and how fast you want to watch them. Watching weekly anime has the advantage of being brand new, no one knows whats coming (unless its closely following a source), and typically there is lots of discussion about every episode.

The latter is less important to me, since if I want to talk about an older anime I just watched, I'll talk about an anime I just watched. I recently rewatched GaoGaiGar, and even if I couldn't get talk about it here, I have friends who I can talk with it about. And typically if someone posts "hey I just watched X older anime, <thoughts>", they'll get discussion too (assuming its not too obscure). You won't get it on an episode-by-episode basis, but you'll get talk about the series overall.

The exception to which is if there is some group watch going on. I remember the big LOGH Group Watch in this thread a while back, which was excellent and produced lots of good talk. People should watch LOGH. Even BigFan gave in and watched it, and liked it.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
hunter_x
Profile Joined June 2014
Germany2762 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-22 21:12:56
January 22 2018 20:44 GMT
#124299
On January 22 2018 22:38 Numy wrote:
Each to their own. Merely saying there's more than just weekly or binge.

Don't really like watching anything weekly be it episodic or not. Taking it at my own pace whenever I want is far more enjoyable. Sometimes that means binge, sometimes that's just sneaking an ep now and then. Topical stuff can be more enjoyable watching as it airs but generally I find those kind of hyper focused current shows tend to either age poorly or be good enough that the topical content is always relevant which means they fine to watch afterwards.

Haven't even finished Soma which I started late but caught up to. Just can't be bothered with weekly lol. Lose interest after awhile. There's so much good finished content out there I don't really have much drive to go through chore of them telling me when I can watch. I just go watch something else. Like all of Haikyuu again, dam that show as good as hell even 2nd viewing. Also started DS9. Forgot how different it was from any other Trek show.

Exactly this. I have maybe watched 200-250 anime series in my life, but i also have to say, that i am extremely picky about what i watch. And it also heavily depends on my mood. I dont always like Shounen, and i dont always like romance etc. There are really enough great finished shows out there and not enough time. Also watching only one show at a time, for me its much more intense. I cant even Imagine watching 20 min of a show, getting sucked into the word of the Anime, and then jump to the next Episode of a different series. But its cool how different people are in that regard;)
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-22 21:25:13
January 22 2018 21:21 GMT
#124300
I have to vent somewhere, and since none of my real life friends understand this feeling, you guys get to be the lucky ones to read it.

Man, liking japanese music is such a pain.
Like, nothing can compare to the feeling of surfing youtube trying to find something new to listen to, and then finding that one special song. Most likely a cover of some anime opening. You listen to it, think it's the best thing ever and much better than the original. Then you try to find this singer's name. After some time, you do find it, and listen to some more of their stuff on youtube, and the stars have aligned - you love it. So you head to jpopsuki, only to find out that nothing of their stuff is available for download.
Damn you Japan and your utaite culture and abundance of talented singers.

+ Show Spoiler [song in question/BNHA] +


I don't believe you.
Prev 1 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech165
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4541
Jaedong 2553
Leta 2252
Soulkey 1942
EffOrt 1019
Soma 607
Horang2 402
Mini 400
Rush 366
BeSt 319
[ Show more ]
Stork 272
Light 271
Larva 182
Pusan 181
ggaemo 164
Snow 160
Barracks 131
Killer 131
Zeus 126
firebathero 88
hero 84
JYJ 68
Mong 56
ToSsGirL 37
Sharp 37
Shinee 30
Aegong 30
sorry 28
Bale 27
Sexy 21
zelot 12
Sacsri 11
Rock 9
Shine 8
Terrorterran 8
Icarus 7
JulyZerg 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6347
qojqva1069
Dendi858
XaKoH 492
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_241
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4091
Khaldor7
Other Games
gofns43565
singsing1928
olofmeister1271
B2W.Neo818
byalli537
Lowko368
Livibee194
mouzStarbuck173
DeMusliM172
Liquid`VortiX122
OGKoka 95
ArmadaUGS88
Chillindude8
Railgan4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV511
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream205
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 18
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV333
League of Legends
• Jankos1659
• Nemesis1516
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 22m
Kung Fu Cup
21h 22m
The PondCast
1d 20h
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.