• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:27
CEST 21:27
KST 04:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9064 users

Movie Discussion! - Page 6

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 483 Next
Please title all your posts and rehost all images on Imgur
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
February 16 2009 22:17 GMT
#101
On February 15 2009 17:55 zizou21 wrote:
[image loading]



Pretty good movie too.

Also, I am about to watch Funny Games for the second time, and I am not sure if I loved it, hated it, or somewhere in-between the first time. Any body else seen it/have an opinion?
[image loading]
Tynuji
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
127 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-16 22:52:51
February 16 2009 22:52 GMT
#102
Funny games was okay, the synopsis kind of gave me an impression of sick mindedness and I was prepared for terror, but rather it portrayed poor acting and a really poor atmosphere for what I expected to get myself into.

6/10.
CapO
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States1615 Posts
February 16 2009 23:30 GMT
#103
On February 17 2009 06:02 paper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2009 03:00 CapO wrote:
On February 15 2009 23:18 jello_biafra wrote:
Since Rocknrolla has already been covered here I suggest In Bruges.
[image loading]


It's a movie about two hitmen sent to Bruges, Belgium by their employer for reasons he will reveal when they're there. Don't want to spoil anything but it's funny, it has some action and it's worth watching.


i saw it less than a month ago. i have a question about the ending,

+ Show Spoiler +
was it supposed to be funny that the boss shot himself because he thought he killed a child instead of a midget? or is there a message like, midgets are short and look young, but they are not kids? if i go deeper, was the theme "age doesn't mean shit"? in other words, you can be a little kid and still be a serial killer?


+ Show Spoiler +
it was a matter of principle because he berates Ray earlier for killing a child which he ends up doing at the end of the movie... sorta


+ Show Spoiler +
but then it's like, LOL u thought that was a kid. it's a midget LOL midgets look like kids. LOL @ them. no?

SNSD fan
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
February 16 2009 23:32 GMT
#104
On February 17 2009 07:17 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2009 17:55 zizou21 wrote:
[image loading]



Pretty good movie too.

Also, I am about to watch Funny Games for the second time, and I am not sure if I loved it, hated it, or somewhere in-between the first time. Any body else seen it/have an opinion?
[image loading]


my opinion is that its a good remake, I don't understand why critics love the first one but this one.
gg_hertzz
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
2152 Posts
February 16 2009 23:36 GMT
#105
On February 17 2009 05:16 BreakEnter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2009 04:02 nofAcedAgent wrote:
I recently discovered a webshow called Afterworld. Its a Sci-Fi series from 2007 consisting of 130, 3 minute episodes. (If you find yourself wanting to watch in its entirety there is a torrent that has cut the intros for easier watching)

Its a very exciting journey - I wont say what its about, but watch the first 3 minutes, and I think you might be hooked!



I watched 2 episodes and it seems promising, I'll watch it. Thanks for the recommendation!
Also I watched Prime which also was great, it was a long time since I saw such a brain disturbing movie and I'll definitely watch it again.

I recommend The Uninvited:
[image loading]


I expected just another lame hollywood horror, but this movie was fantastic. It has great story and ending which is unpredictable but doesn't leave you feeling cheated. Also great soundtrack and beautiful setting. Highly recommended.


you should see the korean version it's called A tale of two Sisters.
wurm
Profile Joined October 2007
Philippines2296 Posts
February 16 2009 23:42 GMT
#106
[image loading]


Awesome movie. Very funny.
I know where my towel is.
enthusiast
Profile Joined May 2008
United States90 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-16 23:58:04
February 16 2009 23:57 GMT
#107
On February 16 2009 03:17 TryThis wrote:
[image loading]

A thousand times yes.

Big WTF to all the people liking Gran Torino. It was alright and all, but wasn't the dialog and the acting pretty excruciating at parts?

I'm gonna throw out some that I haven't seen mentioned yet that may be sort of controversial:
The Wackness -
I put off seeing this movie for a long time because the name sounded stupid as fuck and because I heard an Olson twin was in it. I finally saw it because I kept hearing about it, and I was really surprised. Ben Kingsley does a great job, as does the younger actor. I liked it. And the Olson twin isn't on screen that much.

Shortbus -
Really sexually graphic movie. Parts of it were REALLY good. Some of the writing is genius. Most of the acting is good. I think it's worth seeing.

I was gonna add more but someone joined my qlive game! Maybe later.

edit: removed massive pictures :/
Murk
Profile Joined July 2008
Canada304 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-17 00:11:39
February 17 2009 00:09 GMT
#108
Pineapple Express: http://link-protector.com/665926/
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-17 06:34:37
February 17 2009 02:34 GMT
#109
On February 17 2009 08:42 wurm wrote:
[image loading]


Awesome movie. Very funny.


i loved this :D bill maher is awesome, smart guy ^^. a bit preachy at times tho and it wouldnt have hurt him to include a few learned theologians -_-

props to dibban for mentioning Revolutionary Roads--such a good movie. dicaprio just blows my mind

On February 17 2009 04:58 MyLostTemple wrote:
Troll 2:

NO i'm jk zizou21! i left my copy at your house, come to korea asap please


it's right here waiting for you. you kno where to find me..
[image loading]
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Rambling.
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada314 Posts
February 17 2009 03:28 GMT
#110
its an oldie but TOTAL RECALL!!!
Not only does it have a starcraft ability in the title, but it also has a chick with 3 boobs...
Motor boating has never been awsome.
An unfortunate person is one who tries to fart but shits instead
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
February 17 2009 03:48 GMT
#111
Transporter 3 - it was everything we expected. I've not laughed so hard at a movie in ages and it was fun to predict what would defy the laws of physics next.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
February 17 2009 11:53 GMT
#112
On February 17 2009 08:36 gg_hertzz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2009 05:16 BreakEnter wrote:
On February 17 2009 04:02 nofAcedAgent wrote:
I recently discovered a webshow called Afterworld. Its a Sci-Fi series from 2007 consisting of 130, 3 minute episodes. (If you find yourself wanting to watch in its entirety there is a torrent that has cut the intros for easier watching)

Its a very exciting journey - I wont say what its about, but watch the first 3 minutes, and I think you might be hooked!



I watched 2 episodes and it seems promising, I'll watch it. Thanks for the recommendation!
Also I watched Prime which also was great, it was a long time since I saw such a brain disturbing movie and I'll definitely watch it again.

I recommend The Uninvited:
[image loading]


I expected just another lame hollywood horror, but this movie was fantastic. It has great story and ending which is unpredictable but doesn't leave you feeling cheated. Also great soundtrack and beautiful setting. Highly recommended.


you should see the korean version it's called A tale of two Sisters.


I saw the original and didn't think it was -very- good. Should I watch the remake?
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
February 17 2009 12:02 GMT
#113
Do Re Mi Fa so ali something wtf
[image loading]


Some shitty korean movie I had laying around on my computer. Story was basically about two boys who couldn't act and a girl who made the most retarded decisions ever. The ending was too cheesy to describe, ugh.
oh and why does one of them look like 7 years old on the cover.

1/10
Graphics
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
February 17 2009 12:41 GMT
#114
On February 17 2009 12:48 NeverGG wrote:
Transporter 3 - it was everything we expected. I've not laughed so hard at a movie in ages and it was fun to predict what would defy the laws of physics next.


You must be the smart one!
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-17 13:27:45
February 17 2009 13:25 GMT
#115
[image loading]


Nothing like a little norwegian nazizombiefun.

edit: oh yea, should probably be a subbed version out by now. Try searching for 'Dead Snow'.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
February 17 2009 23:17 GMT
#116
I looked for dead snow. no luck
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-17 23:47:11
February 17 2009 23:46 GMT
#117
[image loading]


Strange Circus

I just saw this one. It was really something else. Gory, disgusting, emotionally painful and a lot of sex. The story was extremely involving and the surroundings so beautiful. The classical music fit right in with the sickening circus music theme. Recommended if you do not have a weak stomach!
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
liger13
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1060 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-17 23:59:30
February 17 2009 23:58 GMT
#118
Bolt
[image loading]
I feel like pwning noobs
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-18 02:31:36
February 18 2009 02:25 GMT
#119
I recently saw Last King Of Scotland and it was terrible. Good acting from Whitaker but the movie is just terrible.

Lol
On February 16 2009 17:34 Manit0u wrote:
[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]



I hope you are just listing recent movies you've seen and don't think these are all good movies.


On February 16 2009 12:40 BlackJack wrote:
[image loading]


had to stop 45 minutes in cause it was so terribly boring


Well it IS a kids movie. Also it's one of the better, if not the best pixar movies. So you're watching it for the animation more than anything else.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
jjun212
Profile Joined December 2004
Canada2208 Posts
February 18 2009 02:33 GMT
#120
Wall-e was great
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 483 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason62
BRAT_OK 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22127
Mini 381
Dewaltoss 148
Hyuk 147
firebathero 115
ggaemo 89
ZZZero.O 55
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7686
febbydoto22
League of Legends
Doublelift889
Counter-Strike
fl0m961
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4201
Khaldor1445
crisheroes964
Liquid`Hasu758
Other Games
FrodaN2317
summit1g2061
Beastyqt922
mouzStarbuck326
KnowMe306
ArmadaUGS128
Mew2King56
Trikslyr35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1103
BasetradeTV161
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 100
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 23
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 47
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8075
• WagamamaTV424
Other Games
• imaqtpie823
• Shiphtur258
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 33m
INu's Battles
16h 33m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 33m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 33m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.