Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 9412
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
|
teddyoojo
Germany22369 Posts
| ||
|
PhoenixVoid
Canada32755 Posts
| ||
|
Erasme
Bahamas15899 Posts
| ||
|
eieio
United States14512 Posts
| ||
|
Gosi
Sweden9072 Posts
On March 25 2018 00:31 Unleashing wrote: The happiness stuff is often measured more so in terms of how "content" people are, it's why denmark is often at the top of all those stupid "Happiest countries of the world" things. Fuck no we aren't happy, we're just relatively content because our expectations are low as fuck. Yeah, similar here wish is why I cringe a little bit when Sweden is always painted in such high regards. The amount of people living in shitty and poor municipalities with sub-par healthcare (lol waiting 8 months to see a doctor so he could give a new prescription for my antidepressants wadupp), awful schools or no job prospects is pretty high outside of the Stockholm/Gothenburg areas. Nearest police or ambulance can be 1-2 hours away because budgets are so low and that's all the "local" police/hospital can afford. People up north travel to Finland to have their babies because the maternity ward at the nearest hospital got cut. Housing situation being garbage, we have a big problem with gambling addiction and just high personal debts etc. Not to say that everyone is fucking depressed but it's more likely being content than happy. But yeah, if you're from Stockholm and strolling around on Södermalm all year with a nice get-away with the family to your vacation spot in the Stockholm archipelago then I'm sure life is great. ![]() | ||
|
Artisreal
Germany9235 Posts
| ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
| ||
|
Gosi
Sweden9072 Posts
| ||
|
Maverick_2009
Somewhere2002 Posts
| ||
|
HwangjaeTerran
Finland5967 Posts
You are mostly ok in Finland as long as you don't need competent mental or physical public health services and are a woman. In rural areas they can't tell flu and terminal cancer from each other and treat bad hips as spinal injury for 20 years. | ||
|
Gosi
Sweden9072 Posts
On March 25 2018 01:23 HwangjaeTerran wrote: did you guys do anything about the 200 year mortgages :D yeah it's only like 100 years now! | ||
|
Unleashing
Denmark14978 Posts
On March 25 2018 01:21 2009 wrote: i know a dane who gets paid to go to uni, must be nice to get paid to get education That's how it is for everyone here, but yeah outside of specific cases it's mediocre. On March 25 2018 01:05 Gosi wrote: Yeah, similar here wish is why I cringe a little bit when Sweden is always painted in such high regards. The amount of people living in shitty and poor municipalities with sub-par healthcare (lol waiting 8 months to see a doctor so he could give a new prescription for my antidepressants wadupp), awful schools or no job prospects is pretty high outside of the Stockholm/Gothenburg areas. Nearest police or ambulance can be 1-2 hours away because budgets are so low and that's all the "local" police/hospital can afford. People up north travel to Finland to have their babies because the maternity ward at the nearest hospital got cut. Housing situation being garbage, we have a big problem with gambling addiction and just high personal debts etc. Not to say that everyone is fucking depressed but it's more likely being content than happy. But yeah, if you're from Stockholm and strolling around on Södermalm all year with a nice get-away with the family to your vacation spot in the Stockholm archipelago then I'm sure life is great. ![]() Denmark being much smaller size wise probably helps keep these problems smaller too. And while various social programs are getting budget cuts we have people cry about how evil we are because we'd require immigrants that have lived in denmark for years upon years but still don't speak danish to pay for their own translators when they go to the doctor. It's fucking dumb. | ||
|
HwangjaeTerran
Finland5967 Posts
haha, that's kind of what happens when your demographic is skewed and old people vote is all that matters - old narcissistic people if there's any truth to the studies I've read (,or my personal experiences). It's like watching a disaster in slow mo. if I somehow don't kill myself I'm booking it, Finland won't be on top of happiness charts in ten years e. we made it almost 2 days without depressing shit, i take no responsibility | ||
|
Gosi
Sweden9072 Posts
On March 25 2018 01:43 HwangjaeTerran wrote: In Finland it maxes at about 20k I think. It's mostly so you get used to paying shit the previous generations didn't have to pay to live (instead they paid car loans and mortgages with it) and then you get to pay for their bloated unsustainable pensions(,which is also why all the immigrants were invited). There just hardly any work or any attempt create new jobs. haha, that's kind of what happens when your demographic is skewed and old people vote is all that matters - old narcissistic people if there's any truth to the studies I've read (,or my personal experiences). It's like watching a disaster in slow mo. if I somehow don't kill myself I'm booking it, Finland won't be on top of happiness charts in ten years e. we made it almost 2 days without depressing shit, i take no responsibility The elderly live in shit conditions today already, and people still believe they're gonna get a state pension when they get old. And since most people buy into the whole system a lot of them don't do any saving on their own. It's gonna be so bad when this shit crash. | ||
|
Nixer
2774 Posts
On March 25 2018 00:57 eieio wrote: my memory of self-reported happiness surveys is that self-reporting happiness is considered pretty reasonable / accurate But UN's happiness report isn't just based off of surveys. It's also based on the systems for well-being, healthcare and financial safety that the countries have. In a closed off environment this of course means its easier to be happy, that makes sense right. Self reporting actually varies on cultural differences so they're not that dependable globally. | ||
|
eieio
United States14512 Posts
On March 25 2018 02:02 Nixer wrote: But UN's happiness report isn't just based off of surveys. It's also based on the systems for well-being, healthcare and financial safety that the countries have. In a closed off environment this of course means its easier to be happy, that makes sense right. Self reporting actually varies on cultural differences so they're not that dependable globally. ah yeah I could imagine it varying pretty heavily by country, I must be thinking of comparisons across similar cultures On March 25 2018 01:16 Comeh wrote: Knowing who I am and the kind of person I am, I find it hard to believe that I won't stop loving this girl. Might just have to be done with relationships for awhile atm just trying to avoid suicidal thoughts, but im sure i wont do anything dont worry guys this blows be safe | ||
|
Firebolt145
Lalalaland34507 Posts
On March 25 2018 01:16 Comeh wrote: Knowing who I am and the kind of person I am, I find it hard to believe that I won't stop loving this girl. Might just have to be done with relationships for awhile atm just trying to avoid suicidal thoughts, but im sure i wont do anything dont worry guys It gets better. | ||
|
Fleetfeet
Canada2836 Posts
Anyway it ended and I went into a 3 year long depression and was miserable and nonfunctional for a very long time, but -also- did not kill myself. I strongly endorse getting help, and if you need help getting help get that too! | ||
|
eieio
United States14512 Posts
| ||
|
Spicy_Curry
United States10573 Posts
| ||
| ||

