I agree but it's 500 above budget
Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 9370
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
|
Artisreal
Germany9235 Posts
I agree but it's 500 above budget | ||
|
Unleashing
Denmark14978 Posts
| ||
|
andyrau
13015 Posts
On March 09 2018 03:23 Sn0_Man wrote: alright i got mad and wrote a pubg rant + Show Spoiler + "our sound balance is the worst thing ever and nobody in the history of the world cares what cars sound like so long as they are distinctive and don't destroy your ears, but not only did we re-record every car sound to include shifting noises, we are now re-re-recording every vehicle sound to include suspension noises!" literally wat Also "adding different breathing noises for running vs walking" man can u imagine anythign worse than breathing noises fuck that shit. And that's just the sound part that they are actively making worse instead of addressing the HUGE issue that they have. Then they are adding a map 1/4 the size with literally no options for loot, so that everybody can drop at 1 place and enjoy that laggy RNG fest where you hope your loot loads before the other fuckfaces loot does so that you at least have a chance to have your weapon reload register properly and shoot the guy teleporting around because servers are 6-8 tick at game start. They are adding emotes because they can't understand why fortnite is absolutely burying them in every way, so they figure maybe adding really really poorly animated emotes that nobody wants and that vastly don't fit in their "realistic" game might help popularity (note: this is actually just a money grab lul). Also weapon and parachute skins announced too, because skins really are the only thing they care about. "Committing" to a 2-month content release cycle, when they've committed to many various release cycles in the past and repeatedly failed to deliver on those commitments after one or two lacklustre attempts at hitting the timeline. Don't promise good patches, MAKE good patches. In game friends list: i mean it already has that with steam In game voice chat during lobby: literally every human that plays pubg with friends already uses 3rd party voice, and there's no way in game will be better. Still no mention of in-game text chat: because they actually cannot fire a single synapse between every employee at the entire office "in 2018" overhaul of all animations and parachuting. Parachuting is literally trivial to fix yesterday and nobody wants new animations. Plus this is supposed to be a roadmap not a promise of somehting vaguely "this year". In fact almost nothing had any sort of timeline whatsoever To be fair i can't actually think of a roadmap that would make me happy or optimistic for the game, but sometimes you've already burned ur bridges you know? I'll still play some cuz its' fun but goddamn are bluehole terrible at making games. They didn't even mention making lobbies actually work instead of feeling like somebody copy+pasted their first-year compsci course code to make the lobby which is the literal first thing you encounter and have to fight every single time you want to get into a game. that was why we stopped playing pubg as well they focus on adding a movement mechanic (vaulting) that nobody cared about and an extra map that fucking blows instead of improving latency, stability, and local performance I don't understand how a game that generated several hundred million dollars in revenue has a lobby that crashes half the time you attempt to queue up for another game there's so many stupid frustrating aspects that nobody cares if the core itself is good when everything else surrounding it is rotten bluehole has to understand that the draw of fortnite isn't the battle royale or the unique building mechanics, it's that the game is stable and a player's personal shortcomings don't feel like they're a consequence of shit code or product prioritization also add me on fortnite I'm aulydna | ||
|
Spicy_Curry
United States10573 Posts
| ||
|
Unleashing
Denmark14978 Posts
Dark souls is probably not the franchise i expected to get an amiibo, lol | ||
|
CorsairHero
Canada9491 Posts
what about ideapad 720S those thinkpads are extra thicc but if its between those 2 i guess go with the screen size that fits your needs. Not like you're really missing much on internal specs with both having 15W 8th gen cpus | ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Not f2p. Huge surprise for me, considering the competition is all f2p. I think I know the reason for it. They wanted to make the game a tcg (with actual trading) given they already have the steam market set up and seem to like it. But it's very hard making a f2p game with card trading work. There's really no good solution to bots. Even dota's cosmetics economy is in a bad place. So they went with the cs:go route and gave the game a fixed price. If it will work out in the end I'm very much anxious to find out. Gameplay seems to be a pretty traditional card game. Three lanes, 5 heroes, each hero has 5 inventory slots. There also seems to be spell cards that you play. You buy the equipment for heroes every 3 turns. There's also 4 colours similar to Magic, which seems to be strength, agi, int and neutral. You win if you push a tower in two lanes, or push a tower and the ancient in one lane. Definitely more traditional cardgame style than what I expected originally. I'm neutral on that, I enjoy traditional cardgames a lot, but I also wouldn't mind something new. One thing I like is that they seem to be giving a big emphasis on the limited format (draft) of the game. I like that aspect of cardgames a lot, this should be great. $1M prizepool tournament in 2019. This one is pretty expected, actually. This is how Valve does marketing. I think it's awesome, I'd much rather have them invest in the esports scene to promote the game than pay for TV spots and billboards like Blizzard. Richard Garfield is involved. Pretty cool, but I wouldn't be overly excited about that. We don't know how much involved he is (at least I don't), and he tends to be involved in quite a lot of projects as a consultant. so this could range from him being the lead designer, to pretty much just having his name being involved. It's coming to mobile in 2019 and is in Source 2 engine. This will also be the first time Source 2 is coming to mobile devices. That's very much understandable, you can't really have a card game not on mobiles nowadays. On the other hand, I thought you can't make a cardgame that isn't f2p nowadays and here we go now. | ||
|
ahswtini
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
On March 09 2018 18:26 cecek wrote: Richard Garfield is involved. Pretty cool, but I wouldn't be overly excited about that. We don't know how much involved he is (at least I don't), and he tends to be involved in quite a lot of projects as a consultant. so this could range from him being the lead designer, to pretty much just having his name being involved. it sounds like he's the lead designer | ||
|
PoulsenB
Poland7762 Posts
| ||
|
Faruko
Chile34173 Posts
| ||
|
Faruko
Chile34173 Posts
On March 09 2018 18:44 PoulsenB wrote: Should I play DkS3 on a controller of mouse+keyboard? Controller, although m&k is a lot better than the terrible dks1 days | ||
|
Artisreal
Germany9235 Posts
On March 09 2018 18:44 PoulsenB wrote: Should I play DS3 on a controller of mouse+keyboard? Mousse and keyboard is supposed to be significantly more difficult afaik | ||
|
PoulsenB
Poland7762 Posts
| ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Also looks like you have 2 decks in Artifact. One will probably be heroes and spells and the other items. You probably draw from the regular deck and then buy stuff from the item deck. Also, the rng comes from the way the heroes and creeps attack in the lanes. Apparently in the individual lanes the attacks are distributed randomly. | ||
|
harodihg
Japan1344 Posts
Preface: My opinion is that Omniknight shouldn't be strong as, essentially, a hardcarry that can be played from the offlane. I don't like how right now his playstyle commonly includes getting phase boots, SnY, and running down heroes auto attacking them. If you disagree with this then you may not like or agree with my opinion below, so take that with a grain of salt. I think that the most recent change to Omniknight change * Omniknight: Purification cooldown increased from 11/10/9/8 to 11 This change made him weaker in a way that doesn't actually change how the hero is played. What would I have liked to have seen changed instead? One, or a combination of the following: -Increasing his cast animation for Purification, thus making him less able to cast it as he runs down a hero auto attacking -BAT (base attack time) lowered -increased cost of purification or lowered mana pool/int gain (though this might not do much on its own since he already frequently gets euls anyway) Anyway, there's my thoughts on that hero | ||
|
ahswtini
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
| ||
|
PoulsenB
Poland7762 Posts
| ||
|
harodihg
Japan1344 Posts
anyway, I guess my philosophy of how I envision that hero is either a support or some sort of utility/support core who's purpose revolves around trying to make your carry/other heroes unkillable and disrupting team fights I imagine the hero is easier to balance that way too. If the hero is 'strongest' as some sort of bastardized autoattacking behemoth as it is now either it'll wind up incredibly strong or just not worth picking all together. Which, if nerfed once more (in a meaningful way) I imagine it'll go from banned in virtually every single pro game to never banned or picked. | ||
|
PassiveAce
United States18076 Posts
On March 09 2018 12:55 Unleashing wrote: Artifact won't be F2P apparently? What? Edit: And Richard Garfield is on board? I'm suddenly excited. *marge simpson grumble* Thats cool as hell eieio whats the story behind it | ||
|
PoulsenB
Poland7762 Posts
let me out already you bastards | ||
| ||