• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:12
CEST 15:12
KST 22:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8201 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 9365

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9363 9364 9365 9366 9367 10602 Next
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-07 16:59:42
March 07 2018 16:56 GMT
#187281
Liquid might lose

ill be spamming F5 in the TL Thread to see how tilted hunter_x will be if it happens

edit: jinxed
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 07 2018 17:07 GMT
#187282
Also my boss gave me permission to work from wherever I want. As long as I am contactable.
Awwwwwwwwwwjisss

Now I gotta find a good way to use that
passive quaranstream fan
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 07 2018 17:10 GMT
#187283
On March 08 2018 01:55 Artisreal wrote:
Sometimes lower courts get overruled and the case handed back to them for revised proceedings, right?

Yes. There is a legendry case in my office where a district court judge made this completely bullshit ruling. A ruling so dumb attorneys do not believe me when I tell them it happened, so I keep the ruling at my desk just to give them a copy.

We appealed. The appeals court agreed the ruling staggeringly stupid, but didn’t want to rule themselves. So they kicked it back down for being too stupid for them to deal with and told the court to set a new trial.(pretty common)

The same judge made the same bullshit ruling again. And then we had to file a motion to reconsider when the appeals court tried to kick it back down to the trial court a second time. The entire motion pretty much said “god, please don’t. You know what will happen.”

And for those who are about to ask, judges police themselves. The ignoring appeals court order will get them in trouble with the higher justices.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44309 Posts
March 07 2018 17:25 GMT
#187284
On March 08 2018 01:20 Plansix wrote:
I sure there are terrible computer coding jokes that only programmers think are funny.

A few months ago every few minutes i would have some python/angular/js type of joke on my head, can't think of any right now though(when i stopped coding the jokes also stop coming in my head)

On March 08 2018 01:56 Faruko wrote:
Liquid might lose

ill be spamming F5 in the TL Thread to see how tilted hunter_x will be if it happens

edit: jinxed

I don't think i've seen hunter_x posts in awhile
this is a quote
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
March 07 2018 17:33 GMT
#187285
On March 08 2018 01:56 Faruko wrote:
Liquid might lose

ill be spamming F5 in the TL Thread to see how tilted hunter_x will be if it happens

edit: jinxed

Can you stop jinxing my team please. Thanks.
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
March 07 2018 17:55 GMT
#187286
FREE RESOLUT1ON
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
March 07 2018 18:34 GMT
#187287
Rly like this Bucharest major format tbqh
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
March 07 2018 18:49 GMT
#187288
On March 08 2018 02:07 Artisreal wrote:
Also my boss gave me permission to work from wherever I want. As long as I am contactable.
Awwwwwwwwwwjisss

Now I gotta find a good way to use that

work during nighttime then noone will be able to contact u anyways
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 07 2018 18:51 GMT
#187289
Kinda contradicts the one rule I have lol
passive quaranstream fan
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12175 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-07 19:31:45
March 07 2018 19:31 GMT
#187290
On March 08 2018 02:07 Artisreal wrote:
Also my boss gave me permission to work from wherever I want. As long as I am contactable.
Awwwwwwwwwwjisss

Now I gotta find a good way to use that


I can work from home and have been able to for ages. I have used that exactly once when my bicycle froze so badly that the breaks would not release after testing them the first few meters. Took until lunch to defrost it while I worked from home.
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
March 07 2018 19:43 GMT
#187291
wfh is awful you get 0 face time and unless you're fucking stellar and a snowflake your career goes nowhere
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-07 19:44:52
March 07 2018 19:43 GMT
#187292
Can you even focus normally from home?

I'd imagine it'd be useful depending on the day, but I wouldn't like to try it for extended periods of time.
kiss kiss fall in love
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
March 07 2018 19:46 GMT
#187293
i cant work from home, even thou i actually can
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-07 19:48:14
March 07 2018 19:47 GMT
#187294
I finally found a job i really want to apply to and starting date is just after i finish up my degree, applying sometime the next few days.
Here's hoping i get it. I should be more than qualified.

Edit: also i don't think i could work from home, i'd get distracted too easily.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
March 07 2018 19:50 GMT
#187295
Good luck, and keep us posted! I think I'd also get distracted super easily, since my house is where all my hobbies generally are.
kiss kiss fall in love
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 07 2018 20:02 GMT
#187296
On March 07 2018 17:16 brinepumps wrote:
So, my company has funded a small off-grid solar power for one of Indonesia's most isolated village in 2014, and today I went there to check it.

Good news: it's still operating
Bad news: the technician complained about their monthly salaries which only given like $1 A MONTH. We've allocated like $500 a month for each technician (that's 100% more than the minimum regional wage). I don't know where the money went.

How the fuck do they live on 15k rupiah a month
Moderator
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12175 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-07 20:10:19
March 07 2018 20:09 GMT
#187297
On March 08 2018 04:50 intotheheart wrote:
Good luck, and keep us posted! I think I'd also get distracted super easily, since my house is where all my hobbies generally are.


That is my problem as well. If I worked from home I think I would answer E-mails, skype conversations while reading a novel or something after 1h of working...

Might work better if I had deadline deliveries during the day that forced me to do stuff. But working on projects and other stuff without those daily deadlines.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
March 07 2018 20:12 GMT
#187298
A buddy who is free to work from home only does it very occasionally, I think it's a thing companies came up with to avoid wasting time telling people if you won't be in the office for a day, or something.

iirc it's different from taking a "vacation," because you're still providing some sort of output.
kiss kiss fall in love
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-07 20:33:39
March 07 2018 20:32 GMT
#187299
On March 08 2018 04:31 Yurie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 02:07 Artisreal wrote:
Also my boss gave me permission to work from wherever I want. As long as I am contactable.
Awwwwwwwwwwjisss

Now I gotta find a good way to use that


I can work from home and have been able to for ages. I have used that exactly once when my bicycle froze so badly that the breaks would not release after testing them the first few meters. Took until lunch to defrost it while I worked from home.

I'm not talking about home office though! My coworking space expenses also get paid.
Let's see if that's still the case if the costs spike up to 350-400€/month but the 180 I'm paying for a fix desk right now are totally fine.
I can never work entirely alone. No fucking way.
Oh and yes I've got only one colleague and a secretary. Not enough for a nice work environment in the office.
Because there is an office (: but since I left it 25% is storage area and 50% is rented out and 25% is used by my company.

On March 08 2018 04:47 Unleashing wrote:
I finally found a job i really want to apply to and starting date is just after i finish up my degree, applying sometime the next few days.
Here's hoping i get it. I should be more than qualified.

Edit: also i don't think i could work from home, i'd get distracted too easily.

cool! Best of success for your application!
And as I mentioned above, I loathe working from home. I absolutely detest it. No way I'm doing that for more than absolutely necessary.
passive quaranstream fan
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
March 07 2018 20:42 GMT
#187300
On March 08 2018 04:47 Unleashing wrote:
I finally found a job i really want to apply to and starting date is just after i finish up my degree, applying sometime the next few days.
Here's hoping i get it. I should be more than qualified.

Edit: also i don't think i could work from home, i'd get distracted too easily.

I've been applying to a lot of stuff lately and no luck

Hope you do better than me!
Administrator
Prev 1 9363 9364 9365 9366 9367 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 554
Railgan 64
MindelVK 32
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68375
Calm 10808
Rain 2418
Bisu 2226
FanTaSy 800
Stork 671
Rush 506
soO 481
Soma 247
Snow 218
[ Show more ]
firebathero 213
Last 177
Light 109
Mind 95
hero 88
Pusan 86
Sea.KH 71
Sharp 56
Free 42
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Bale 36
Mong 31
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Sexy 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Terrorterran 7
Rock 5
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7244
Dendi878
Counter-Strike
fl0m2978
byalli777
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
Other Games
gofns38757
singsing2344
B2W.Neo578
Liquid`RaSZi418
Pyrionflax241
Beastyqt214
Happy123
Hui .116
Trikslyr50
Chillindude15
Mlord2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV202
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 98
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• Response 8
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV500
League of Legends
• Jankos2960
• Nemesis2955
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1381
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 48m
OSC
9h 48m
Replay Cast
9h 48m
OSC
22h 48m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.