|
On June 27 2015 05:46 Sn0_Man wrote:really? fuck... Show nested quote +On June 27 2015 05:44 CorsairHero wrote: im surprised no one has mentioned our great eastern lord and english master and educational sensei lumi I've heard some "wheres lumi"s and some "thank god no lumi"s so who knows oh i mean in GD someone called him tier 3 caster xD
On June 27 2015 05:46 SpiritoftheTunA wrote:Show nested quote +On June 27 2015 05:44 CorsairHero wrote: im surprised no one has mentioned our great eastern lord and english master and educational sensei lumi if lumi gets another important match im gonna be upset he really shouldn't be casting the main event imo i'll gladly take the storm spirit as an analytical caster over him
|
United Kingdom14103 Posts
liquid ken lost everyone
im a big lumi fan
|
On June 27 2015 05:46 spudde123 wrote:Show nested quote +On June 27 2015 05:22 Comeh wrote:On June 27 2015 05:21 Sn0_Man wrote: I'm pretty sure tralf is not a good caster to say the least
it is pretty funny hearing everybody argue over who's good and who isn't tho. lets put it this way - most casters are wrong about everything, at least tralf sounds like he knows what he is talking about. Show nested quote +On June 27 2015 04:41 Comeh wrote: Maut is actually one of the few comeh-approved casters. Is Maut not in this "wrong about everything" category? ..... Though the funny thing to me about caster bashing in general is that a bunch of the casters, even non pro ones, are far better at the game than the average viewer. People like Cap are better than like 99% of the viewership (percentage pulled out of my ass but whatever). Certainly it doesn't mean that they can't talk bullshit, but I'm somewhat curious how the majority of the viewers even detect this bullshitting when they really don't know better themselves. To me the most important thing about people on the panel and casters is that they actually seem like they care about the match by having prepared for the match. Wrong analysis during the game is one thing (rather difficult to do properly), but having absolutely no idea of how two teams have matched up before, what sort of drafts each team has been using, and just describing the teams and their past games completely wrong is something that makes me wonder why I would listen to these people talk about the game. Maut fits exaclty in what i said - hes very hype and doesn't know much and he just focuses on hyping the game.
idk hes quite a good caster and runs a good broadcast
nahaz honestly just talks about win rates the whole time.
ya ok great analysis. whatever i dont hate him but hes overrated for sure
|
On June 27 2015 05:46 spudde123 wrote:Show nested quote +On June 27 2015 05:22 Comeh wrote:On June 27 2015 05:21 Sn0_Man wrote: I'm pretty sure tralf is not a good caster to say the least
it is pretty funny hearing everybody argue over who's good and who isn't tho. lets put it this way - most casters are wrong about everything, at least tralf sounds like he knows what he is talking about. Show nested quote +On June 27 2015 04:41 Comeh wrote: Maut is actually one of the few comeh-approved casters. Is Maut not in this "wrong about everything" category? ..... Though the funny thing to me about caster bashing in general is that a bunch of the casters, even non pro ones, are far better at the game than the average viewer. People like Cap are better than like 99% of the viewership (percentage pulled out of my ass but whatever). Certainly it doesn't mean that they can't talk bullshit, but I'm somewhat curious how the majority of the viewers even detect this bullshitting when they really don't know better themselves. To me the most important thing about people on the panel and casters is that they actually seem like they care about the match by having prepared for the match. Wrong analysis during the game is one thing (rather difficult to do properly), but having absolutely no idea of how two teams have matched up before, what sort of drafts each team has been using, and just describing the teams and their past games completely wrong is something that makes me wonder why I would listen to these people talk about the game. at least maut is connected to NA whereas zyori just sniffs lol
|
nahaz gives the impression that he is prepared/put in some effort into his analysis, which many people on panels fail to do zyori is one of the shittiest casters in dota maut is pretty meh capitalist is pretty meh
|
Sanya12364 Posts
Some of these casters have really become lazy and less than knowledgeable of the game.
The problem is they've gotten better at being effective background noise and team fight sound effects that I can completely filter out nonsense strategic and tactical content. I still have them on just as often but I don't "listen" to it anymore.
|
United Kingdom14103 Posts
On June 27 2015 05:52 Comeh wrote:Show nested quote +On June 27 2015 05:46 spudde123 wrote:On June 27 2015 05:22 Comeh wrote:On June 27 2015 05:21 Sn0_Man wrote: I'm pretty sure tralf is not a good caster to say the least
it is pretty funny hearing everybody argue over who's good and who isn't tho. lets put it this way - most casters are wrong about everything, at least tralf sounds like he knows what he is talking about. On June 27 2015 04:41 Comeh wrote: Maut is actually one of the few comeh-approved casters. Is Maut not in this "wrong about everything" category? ..... Though the funny thing to me about caster bashing in general is that a bunch of the casters, even non pro ones, are far better at the game than the average viewer. People like Cap are better than like 99% of the viewership (percentage pulled out of my ass but whatever). Certainly it doesn't mean that they can't talk bullshit, but I'm somewhat curious how the majority of the viewers even detect this bullshitting when they really don't know better themselves. To me the most important thing about people on the panel and casters is that they actually seem like they care about the match by having prepared for the match. Wrong analysis during the game is one thing (rather difficult to do properly), but having absolutely no idea of how two teams have matched up before, what sort of drafts each team has been using, and just describing the teams and their past games completely wrong is something that makes me wonder why I would listen to these people talk about the game. Maut fits exaclty in what i said - hes very hype and doesn't know much and he just focuses on hyping the game.idk hes quite a good caster and runs a good broadcast nahaz honestly just talks about win rates the whole time. ya ok great analysis. whatever i dont hate him but hes overrated for sure
thx comeh ur the man im glad someone else is point out what a good caster should do
|
Sanya12364 Posts
Maut is super effective Dota2 background noise.
|
whose worse zyori or whatiship
|
is this a serious question?
|
On June 27 2015 05:56 CorsairHero wrote: whose worse zyori or whatiship
yes.
|
On June 27 2015 05:54 TanGeng wrote: Some of these casters have really become lazy and less than knowledgeable of the game.
The problem is they've gotten better at being effective background noise and team fight sound effects that I can completely filter out nonsense strategic and tactical content. I still have them on just as often but I don't "listen" to it anymore.
same, it matches the way I watch realsport
|
On June 27 2015 05:57 Sn0_Man wrote: is this a serious question? i cant rank tier 4 casters
i guess i'd pick zyori but by a small hair since i havent watched highgroundtv in ages
|
i maintain that the single worst casting duo i have ever heard was ti3 sheever and bdiz
that was back when sheever was terribad at english too
|
Well I don't really mind Maut. Nor do I really mind a lot of casters in general, as I said the big thing that gets me annoyed is when casters start talking bullshit on things that are facts that could be easily checked by spending a bit of time on dotabuff or datdota, or don't bring up interesting things that could easily be found at all. Though for recent LANs I think a lot of the panels and such have had stats people do some sort of prep sheets so at least they have something proper to talk about. I don't particularly care if they analyze the game well or not as I'm trying to have my own understanding anyway for games that I am interested in watching.
And Tobi. For some reason Tobi is like the only caster whose voice and demeanor just pushes my buttons and I just want to mute him whenever he starts talking. Though in hype moments he's still great, but during all the downtime my head starts exploding.
|
|
|
On June 27 2015 06:02 spudde123 wrote: And Tobi. For some reason Tobi is like the only caster whose voice and demeanor just pushes my buttons and I just want to mute him whenever he starts talking. Though in hype moments he's still great, but during all the downtime my head starts exploding.
watching dota 2 for the first time during navi/lgd and ti2 finals was awesome i'll admit
|
spuddle likes nahaz and thinks maut is awful OPINION INVALIDATED
really though whatiship should fit his wide hips behind the scenes I mean for all the personalities that he has connections with I'm sure he's a great individual to work with and a benefit for the scene as a whole, but casting and PR and shit is really not his forte. nahaz is the worst statsman since Bruno at least Bruno had color in his hair and was amusing for half a year, I feel like half the time nahaz is on a panel just to give it a false sense of legitimacy.
|
tobi was the 1st caster i ever listened to when i was watching TI2 for shits and giggles synderen's casting back then was really terrible though, all he said during teamfights was "WAAAOOW"
|
Tobi bothered me a ton for a long time then i got over it and really enjoy his casting again he's kinda stopped overselling himself as knowledgeable or w/e and really committed to trying to communicate his excitement in a genuine and contagious manner. I like it.
|
|
|
|
|
|