• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:45
CEST 03:45
KST 10:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8818 users

General Discussion - Page 4254

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 20:42:18
November 02 2013 20:40 GMT
#85061
On November 03 2013 05:32 teapoted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:26 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:35 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:31 cecek wrote:
At this point, I'd settle for a free 200% battle bonus that lasts two weeks. Let's be honest, I only wanted diretide for the free hats, anyway.
They should give users a -50% battle penalty for how fucking stupid this community is.

Jesus, what's the big deal? I don't think this diretide stuff is really an example of a stupid community. I think the majority of people are not really that angry about the lack of a halloween event. It's more of a meme-train, circlejerk kind of thing. Compared to the constant drama around pub statistics, public ladder and all that kind of crap, I think ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE is pretty harmless.

And it's Valve, I don't understand how some people are still surprised they don't communicate with the public.
It's an example of a stupid community.

As in, there are a lot of people in the community, who are stupid. And if you participate in zerging facebooks of unrelated companies, giving false reviews on metacritic, etc... You might find it funny, but you are still causing issues for people who aren't the cause of your largely unwarranted frustration.

It is mostly harmless, sure, it is still idiotic.

I'm not participating in any of the zerging... The last thing I want is my facebook friends seeing me spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" all over the place. I get it why you think it's stupid, I just don't know why it's making you so upset. Why do people care what the dota community looks like. It's not affecting any of us in any way, really.
super gg
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 20:43:58
November 02 2013 20:41 GMT
#85062
On November 03 2013 05:38 Yoshi- wrote:
The discussion going on right now is worse than every Give Diretide
It is at least in the right place.

If 'give diretide' was confined to twitch chat, then it's not especially problematic and doesn't make the Dota community look like a bunch of 12 year olds.
On November 03 2013 05:40 cecek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:32 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:26 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:35 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:31 cecek wrote:
At this point, I'd settle for a free 200% battle bonus that lasts two weeks. Let's be honest, I only wanted diretide for the free hats, anyway.
They should give users a -50% battle penalty for how fucking stupid this community is.

Jesus, what's the big deal? I don't think this diretide stuff is really an example of a stupid community. I think the majority of people are not really that angry about the lack of a halloween event. It's more of a meme-train, circlejerk kind of thing. Compared to the constant drama around pub statistics, public ladder and all that kind of crap, I think ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE is pretty harmless.

And it's Valve, I don't understand how some people are still surprised they don't communicate with the public.
It's an example of a stupid community.

As in, there are a lot of people in the community, who are stupid. And if you participate in zerging facebooks of unrelated companies, giving false reviews on metacritic, etc... You might find it funny, but you are still causing issues for people who aren't the cause of your largely unwarranted frustration.

It is mostly harmless, sure, it is still idiotic.

I'm not participating in any of the zerging... The last thing I want is my facebook friends seeing me spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" all over the place. I get it why you think it's stupid, I just don't know why it's making you so upset. Why do people care about the Dota 2 community? It's not like it's affecting any of you.
I'm not upset. This is largely expected behavior, I was saying they shouldn't be rewarded because they started spamming when they didn't get what they wanted.

But worse is people trying to justify it. It's like justifying the looting during the london riots a couple of years ago. It's just kids being stupid.
Once you Goblak...
Yoshi-
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany10227 Posts
November 02 2013 20:43 GMT
#85063
And why would anyone actual care whether the community looks like 12 years old or not?
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
November 02 2013 20:44 GMT
#85064
You don't need to.
Once you Goblak...
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 20:47:37
November 02 2013 20:45 GMT
#85065
On November 03 2013 05:40 cecek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:32 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:26 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:35 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:31 cecek wrote:
At this point, I'd settle for a free 200% battle bonus that lasts two weeks. Let's be honest, I only wanted diretide for the free hats, anyway.
They should give users a -50% battle penalty for how fucking stupid this community is.

Jesus, what's the big deal? I don't think this diretide stuff is really an example of a stupid community. I think the majority of people are not really that angry about the lack of a halloween event. It's more of a meme-train, circlejerk kind of thing. Compared to the constant drama around pub statistics, public ladder and all that kind of crap, I think ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE is pretty harmless.

And it's Valve, I don't understand how some people are still surprised they don't communicate with the public.
It's an example of a stupid community.

As in, there are a lot of people in the community, who are stupid. And if you participate in zerging facebooks of unrelated companies, giving false reviews on metacritic, etc... You might find it funny, but you are still causing issues for people who aren't the cause of your largely unwarranted frustration.

It is mostly harmless, sure, it is still idiotic.

I'm not participating in any of the zerging... The last thing I want is my facebook friends seeing me spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" all over the place. I get it why you think it's stupid, I just don't know why it's making you so upset. Why do people care what the dota community looks like. It's not affecting any of us in any way, really.

I dont think it even affect how the dota community “looks like“ all that much. Volvo probally found it even amusing. People outside have no idea whats going on. Its basically harmless and only people inside the community seem to be annoyed by it.

Comparing it to looting is absurd. The key point of any protest, if you can call it that, is that is shouldnt be harmful. Justifying people stealing from other people is on a whole other level than letting people who want to act stupid do as they please.
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
November 02 2013 20:48 GMT
#85066
On November 03 2013 05:45 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:40 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:32 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:26 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:35 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:31 cecek wrote:
At this point, I'd settle for a free 200% battle bonus that lasts two weeks. Let's be honest, I only wanted diretide for the free hats, anyway.
They should give users a -50% battle penalty for how fucking stupid this community is.

Jesus, what's the big deal? I don't think this diretide stuff is really an example of a stupid community. I think the majority of people are not really that angry about the lack of a halloween event. It's more of a meme-train, circlejerk kind of thing. Compared to the constant drama around pub statistics, public ladder and all that kind of crap, I think ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE is pretty harmless.

And it's Valve, I don't understand how some people are still surprised they don't communicate with the public.
It's an example of a stupid community.

As in, there are a lot of people in the community, who are stupid. And if you participate in zerging facebooks of unrelated companies, giving false reviews on metacritic, etc... You might find it funny, but you are still causing issues for people who aren't the cause of your largely unwarranted frustration.

It is mostly harmless, sure, it is still idiotic.

I'm not participating in any of the zerging... The last thing I want is my facebook friends seeing me spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" all over the place. I get it why you think it's stupid, I just don't know why it's making you so upset. Why do people care what the dota community looks like. It's not affecting any of us in any way, really.

I dont think it even affect how the dota community “looks like“ all that much. Volvo probally found it even amusing. People outside have no idea whats going on. Its basically harmless and only people inside the community seem to be annoyed by it.

Comparing it to looting is absurd. The key point of any protest, if you can call it that, is that is shouldnt be harmful. Justifying people stealing from other people is on a whole other level than letting people who want to act stupid do as they please.
I'm going to invite you to read what I said again.
Once you Goblak...
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
November 02 2013 20:49 GMT
#85067
On November 03 2013 05:48 teapoted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:45 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:40 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:32 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:26 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:35 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:31 cecek wrote:
At this point, I'd settle for a free 200% battle bonus that lasts two weeks. Let's be honest, I only wanted diretide for the free hats, anyway.
They should give users a -50% battle penalty for how fucking stupid this community is.

Jesus, what's the big deal? I don't think this diretide stuff is really an example of a stupid community. I think the majority of people are not really that angry about the lack of a halloween event. It's more of a meme-train, circlejerk kind of thing. Compared to the constant drama around pub statistics, public ladder and all that kind of crap, I think ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE is pretty harmless.

And it's Valve, I don't understand how some people are still surprised they don't communicate with the public.
It's an example of a stupid community.

As in, there are a lot of people in the community, who are stupid. And if you participate in zerging facebooks of unrelated companies, giving false reviews on metacritic, etc... You might find it funny, but you are still causing issues for people who aren't the cause of your largely unwarranted frustration.

It is mostly harmless, sure, it is still idiotic.

I'm not participating in any of the zerging... The last thing I want is my facebook friends seeing me spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" all over the place. I get it why you think it's stupid, I just don't know why it's making you so upset. Why do people care what the dota community looks like. It's not affecting any of us in any way, really.

I dont think it even affect how the dota community “looks like“ all that much. Volvo probally found it even amusing. People outside have no idea whats going on. Its basically harmless and only people inside the community seem to be annoyed by it.

Comparing it to looting is absurd. The key point of any protest, if you can call it that, is that is shouldnt be harmful. Justifying people stealing from other people is on a whole other level than letting people who want to act stupid do as they please.
I'm going to invite you to read what I said again.

You compared justifying kids being stupid to looting. Looting is not kids being stupid.
SilverStar
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden18511 Posts
November 02 2013 20:51 GMT
#85068
Yeah I hope Valve cancels any plans. Seriously go play other games if you need a event to keep you interested.
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 20:55:45
November 02 2013 20:54 GMT
#85069
On November 03 2013 05:49 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:48 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:45 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:40 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:32 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:26 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:35 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:31 cecek wrote:
At this point, I'd settle for a free 200% battle bonus that lasts two weeks. Let's be honest, I only wanted diretide for the free hats, anyway.
They should give users a -50% battle penalty for how fucking stupid this community is.

Jesus, what's the big deal? I don't think this diretide stuff is really an example of a stupid community. I think the majority of people are not really that angry about the lack of a halloween event. It's more of a meme-train, circlejerk kind of thing. Compared to the constant drama around pub statistics, public ladder and all that kind of crap, I think ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE is pretty harmless.

And it's Valve, I don't understand how some people are still surprised they don't communicate with the public.
It's an example of a stupid community.

As in, there are a lot of people in the community, who are stupid. And if you participate in zerging facebooks of unrelated companies, giving false reviews on metacritic, etc... You might find it funny, but you are still causing issues for people who aren't the cause of your largely unwarranted frustration.

It is mostly harmless, sure, it is still idiotic.

I'm not participating in any of the zerging... The last thing I want is my facebook friends seeing me spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" all over the place. I get it why you think it's stupid, I just don't know why it's making you so upset. Why do people care what the dota community looks like. It's not affecting any of us in any way, really.

I dont think it even affect how the dota community “looks like“ all that much. Volvo probally found it even amusing. People outside have no idea whats going on. Its basically harmless and only people inside the community seem to be annoyed by it.

Comparing it to looting is absurd. The key point of any protest, if you can call it that, is that is shouldnt be harmful. Justifying people stealing from other people is on a whole other level than letting people who want to act stupid do as they please.
I'm going to invite you to read what I said again.

You compared justifying kids being stupid to looting. Looting is not kids being stupid.
This is not what I said.

It is, in both cases, giving credence to irrational behaviour as if it's anything other than mob idiocy. Looting during those riots was just kids being stupid. I know this very well, I live in London, I know many people who looted stores. And afterwards there was a ton of discussion around if it was justified due to the reasoning behind the protests in the first place. And they would interview kids who would say that it was justified because of ridiculous reasons which had nothing to do with the stores they were robbing.
Once you Goblak...
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 20:58:44
November 02 2013 20:55 GMT
#85070
On November 03 2013 05:54 teapoted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:49 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:48 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:45 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:40 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:32 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:26 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:35 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:31 cecek wrote:
At this point, I'd settle for a free 200% battle bonus that lasts two weeks. Let's be honest, I only wanted diretide for the free hats, anyway.
They should give users a -50% battle penalty for how fucking stupid this community is.

Jesus, what's the big deal? I don't think this diretide stuff is really an example of a stupid community. I think the majority of people are not really that angry about the lack of a halloween event. It's more of a meme-train, circlejerk kind of thing. Compared to the constant drama around pub statistics, public ladder and all that kind of crap, I think ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE is pretty harmless.

And it's Valve, I don't understand how some people are still surprised they don't communicate with the public.
It's an example of a stupid community.

As in, there are a lot of people in the community, who are stupid. And if you participate in zerging facebooks of unrelated companies, giving false reviews on metacritic, etc... You might find it funny, but you are still causing issues for people who aren't the cause of your largely unwarranted frustration.

It is mostly harmless, sure, it is still idiotic.

I'm not participating in any of the zerging... The last thing I want is my facebook friends seeing me spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" all over the place. I get it why you think it's stupid, I just don't know why it's making you so upset. Why do people care what the dota community looks like. It's not affecting any of us in any way, really.

I dont think it even affect how the dota community “looks like“ all that much. Volvo probally found it even amusing. People outside have no idea whats going on. Its basically harmless and only people inside the community seem to be annoyed by it.

Comparing it to looting is absurd. The key point of any protest, if you can call it that, is that is shouldnt be harmful. Justifying people stealing from other people is on a whole other level than letting people who want to act stupid do as they please.
I'm going to invite you to read what I said again.

You compared justifying kids being stupid to looting. Looting is not kids being stupid.
This is not what I said.

It is, in both cases, giving credence to irrational behaviour as if it's anything other than mob idiocy. Looting during those riots was just kids being stupid. I know this very well, I live in London, I know many people who looted stores. And afterwards there was a ton of discussion around if it was justified due to the reasoning behind the protests in the first place. And they would interview kids who would say that it was justified because of ridiculous reasons which had nothing to do with the stores they were robbing. It is just kids being stupid.

There is a key diference when you justify something that harms another person, and when you justify harmless, stupid fun. Thats why lumping them together is absurd.

The main argument on why getting so upset about this makes no sense is that it simply doesnt matter. Its not harmful, it doesnt affect you, its just people being stupid. This argument goes out of the window when the actions severely harms another person, like looting. Which is why justifying one isnt anything like justifying the other.
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 20:59:06
November 02 2013 20:57 GMT
#85071
On November 03 2013 05:55 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:54 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:49 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:48 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:45 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:40 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:32 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:26 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:35 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:31 cecek wrote:
At this point, I'd settle for a free 200% battle bonus that lasts two weeks. Let's be honest, I only wanted diretide for the free hats, anyway.
They should give users a -50% battle penalty for how fucking stupid this community is.

Jesus, what's the big deal? I don't think this diretide stuff is really an example of a stupid community. I think the majority of people are not really that angry about the lack of a halloween event. It's more of a meme-train, circlejerk kind of thing. Compared to the constant drama around pub statistics, public ladder and all that kind of crap, I think ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE is pretty harmless.

And it's Valve, I don't understand how some people are still surprised they don't communicate with the public.
It's an example of a stupid community.

As in, there are a lot of people in the community, who are stupid. And if you participate in zerging facebooks of unrelated companies, giving false reviews on metacritic, etc... You might find it funny, but you are still causing issues for people who aren't the cause of your largely unwarranted frustration.

It is mostly harmless, sure, it is still idiotic.

I'm not participating in any of the zerging... The last thing I want is my facebook friends seeing me spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" all over the place. I get it why you think it's stupid, I just don't know why it's making you so upset. Why do people care what the dota community looks like. It's not affecting any of us in any way, really.

I dont think it even affect how the dota community “looks like“ all that much. Volvo probally found it even amusing. People outside have no idea whats going on. Its basically harmless and only people inside the community seem to be annoyed by it.

Comparing it to looting is absurd. The key point of any protest, if you can call it that, is that is shouldnt be harmful. Justifying people stealing from other people is on a whole other level than letting people who want to act stupid do as they please.
I'm going to invite you to read what I said again.

You compared justifying kids being stupid to looting. Looting is not kids being stupid.
This is not what I said.

It is, in both cases, giving credence to irrational behaviour as if it's anything other than mob idiocy. Looting during those riots was just kids being stupid. I know this very well, I live in London, I know many people who looted stores. And afterwards there was a ton of discussion around if it was justified due to the reasoning behind the protests in the first place. And they would interview kids who would say that it was justified because of ridiculous reasons which had nothing to do with the stores they were robbing. It is just kids being stupid.

There is a key diference when you justify something that harms another person, and when you justify harmless, stupid fun. Thats why lumping them together is absurd.
There really isn't as kids looting stores don't see it as if they are harming anyone. This is the problem with mob mentality that people don't think rationally. Watch any interview with people involved in it and they do not consider it.

The same way that spammers on the internet don't consider the headaches they cause. You can easily say that 'well I'm sure Volve thinks it's a funny joke'. Another company gets a bunch of shit spam and fire someone handling their social media. You don't know that shit, and they don't considering that shit.
Once you Goblak...
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 02 2013 20:59 GMT
#85072
On November 03 2013 05:27 Kznn wrote:
Are you guys aware of the ARG "quest" going on reddit right now? Its pretty amazing.
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1pr1lt/thread_for_fellow_spirit_secretjpg_arg_hunters/

What would be funny is if this was actually supposed to lead to whatever Diretide event/etc. was planned, but the DotA 2 community was too stupid to figure it out in time and raged like immature children instead.
Moderator
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
November 02 2013 21:00 GMT
#85073
On November 03 2013 05:57 teapoted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:55 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:54 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:49 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:48 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:45 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:40 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:32 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:26 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:35 teapoted wrote:
[quote] They should give users a -50% battle penalty for how fucking stupid this community is.

Jesus, what's the big deal? I don't think this diretide stuff is really an example of a stupid community. I think the majority of people are not really that angry about the lack of a halloween event. It's more of a meme-train, circlejerk kind of thing. Compared to the constant drama around pub statistics, public ladder and all that kind of crap, I think ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE is pretty harmless.

And it's Valve, I don't understand how some people are still surprised they don't communicate with the public.
It's an example of a stupid community.

As in, there are a lot of people in the community, who are stupid. And if you participate in zerging facebooks of unrelated companies, giving false reviews on metacritic, etc... You might find it funny, but you are still causing issues for people who aren't the cause of your largely unwarranted frustration.

It is mostly harmless, sure, it is still idiotic.

I'm not participating in any of the zerging... The last thing I want is my facebook friends seeing me spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" all over the place. I get it why you think it's stupid, I just don't know why it's making you so upset. Why do people care what the dota community looks like. It's not affecting any of us in any way, really.

I dont think it even affect how the dota community “looks like“ all that much. Volvo probally found it even amusing. People outside have no idea whats going on. Its basically harmless and only people inside the community seem to be annoyed by it.

Comparing it to looting is absurd. The key point of any protest, if you can call it that, is that is shouldnt be harmful. Justifying people stealing from other people is on a whole other level than letting people who want to act stupid do as they please.
I'm going to invite you to read what I said again.

You compared justifying kids being stupid to looting. Looting is not kids being stupid.
This is not what I said.

It is, in both cases, giving credence to irrational behaviour as if it's anything other than mob idiocy. Looting during those riots was just kids being stupid. I know this very well, I live in London, I know many people who looted stores. And afterwards there was a ton of discussion around if it was justified due to the reasoning behind the protests in the first place. And they would interview kids who would say that it was justified because of ridiculous reasons which had nothing to do with the stores they were robbing. It is just kids being stupid.

There is a key diference when you justify something that harms another person, and when you justify harmless, stupid fun. Thats why lumping them together is absurd.
There really isn't as kids looting stores don't see it as if they are harming anyone. This is the problem with mob mentality that people don't think rationally. Watch any interview with people involved in it and they do not consider it.

The same way that spammers on the internet don't consider the headaches they cause.

They obviously do know that they are harming the places they loot and the things they destroy. They dont care because they think they deserve it, or that theres justification for it. But im sure every single person that steals something knows that the person being stolen from doesnt like it.
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 21:03:45
November 02 2013 21:02 GMT
#85074
On November 03 2013 06:00 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 05:57 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:55 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:54 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:49 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:48 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:45 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:40 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:32 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:26 cecek wrote:
[quote]
Jesus, what's the big deal? I don't think this diretide stuff is really an example of a stupid community. I think the majority of people are not really that angry about the lack of a halloween event. It's more of a meme-train, circlejerk kind of thing. Compared to the constant drama around pub statistics, public ladder and all that kind of crap, I think ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE is pretty harmless.

And it's Valve, I don't understand how some people are still surprised they don't communicate with the public.
It's an example of a stupid community.

As in, there are a lot of people in the community, who are stupid. And if you participate in zerging facebooks of unrelated companies, giving false reviews on metacritic, etc... You might find it funny, but you are still causing issues for people who aren't the cause of your largely unwarranted frustration.

It is mostly harmless, sure, it is still idiotic.

I'm not participating in any of the zerging... The last thing I want is my facebook friends seeing me spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" all over the place. I get it why you think it's stupid, I just don't know why it's making you so upset. Why do people care what the dota community looks like. It's not affecting any of us in any way, really.

I dont think it even affect how the dota community “looks like“ all that much. Volvo probally found it even amusing. People outside have no idea whats going on. Its basically harmless and only people inside the community seem to be annoyed by it.

Comparing it to looting is absurd. The key point of any protest, if you can call it that, is that is shouldnt be harmful. Justifying people stealing from other people is on a whole other level than letting people who want to act stupid do as they please.
I'm going to invite you to read what I said again.

You compared justifying kids being stupid to looting. Looting is not kids being stupid.
This is not what I said.

It is, in both cases, giving credence to irrational behaviour as if it's anything other than mob idiocy. Looting during those riots was just kids being stupid. I know this very well, I live in London, I know many people who looted stores. And afterwards there was a ton of discussion around if it was justified due to the reasoning behind the protests in the first place. And they would interview kids who would say that it was justified because of ridiculous reasons which had nothing to do with the stores they were robbing. It is just kids being stupid.

There is a key diference when you justify something that harms another person, and when you justify harmless, stupid fun. Thats why lumping them together is absurd.
There really isn't as kids looting stores don't see it as if they are harming anyone. This is the problem with mob mentality that people don't think rationally. Watch any interview with people involved in it and they do not consider it.

The same way that spammers on the internet don't consider the headaches they cause.

They obviously do know that they are harming the places they loot and the things they destroy. They dont care because they think they deserve it, or that theres justification for it. But im sure every single person that steals something knows that the person being stolen from doesnt like it.
You would think so but they do not.

Just like you aren't understanding how any of these actions could have a negative effect on an unrelated company. Although in this situation it is maybe not as obvious, as someone who works in the web industry and has for a long time, this would be a problem for some companies and their employees. If someone has to 'deal with this spamming shit', you are causing a problem. The degree varies.
Once you Goblak...
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 02 2013 21:06 GMT
#85075
im so bored of that esport crap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
November 02 2013 21:07 GMT
#85076
On November 03 2013 06:02 teapoted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 06:00 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:57 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:55 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:54 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:49 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:48 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:45 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:40 cecek wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:32 teapoted wrote:
[quote] It's an example of a stupid community.

As in, there are a lot of people in the community, who are stupid. And if you participate in zerging facebooks of unrelated companies, giving false reviews on metacritic, etc... You might find it funny, but you are still causing issues for people who aren't the cause of your largely unwarranted frustration.

It is mostly harmless, sure, it is still idiotic.

I'm not participating in any of the zerging... The last thing I want is my facebook friends seeing me spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" all over the place. I get it why you think it's stupid, I just don't know why it's making you so upset. Why do people care what the dota community looks like. It's not affecting any of us in any way, really.

I dont think it even affect how the dota community “looks like“ all that much. Volvo probally found it even amusing. People outside have no idea whats going on. Its basically harmless and only people inside the community seem to be annoyed by it.

Comparing it to looting is absurd. The key point of any protest, if you can call it that, is that is shouldnt be harmful. Justifying people stealing from other people is on a whole other level than letting people who want to act stupid do as they please.
I'm going to invite you to read what I said again.

You compared justifying kids being stupid to looting. Looting is not kids being stupid.
This is not what I said.

It is, in both cases, giving credence to irrational behaviour as if it's anything other than mob idiocy. Looting during those riots was just kids being stupid. I know this very well, I live in London, I know many people who looted stores. And afterwards there was a ton of discussion around if it was justified due to the reasoning behind the protests in the first place. And they would interview kids who would say that it was justified because of ridiculous reasons which had nothing to do with the stores they were robbing. It is just kids being stupid.

There is a key diference when you justify something that harms another person, and when you justify harmless, stupid fun. Thats why lumping them together is absurd.
There really isn't as kids looting stores don't see it as if they are harming anyone. This is the problem with mob mentality that people don't think rationally. Watch any interview with people involved in it and they do not consider it.

The same way that spammers on the internet don't consider the headaches they cause.

They obviously do know that they are harming the places they loot and the things they destroy. They dont care because they think they deserve it, or that theres justification for it. But im sure every single person that steals something knows that the person being stolen from doesnt like it.
You would think so but they do not.

Just like you aren't understanding how any of these actions could have a negative effect on an unrelated company.

Arguing that the action may be harmfull is a completelly diferent argument. But you said yourself that they are mostly harmless. The big bullshit argument is saying that this is just a stupid thing kids do, it doesnt harm anyone and it doesnt make me upset, but saying its fine is like saying looting is fine.

Anyway, any reasonable person can say that the effects of this are far, far smaller than a mob looting, to the point where its silly to compare them.
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
November 02 2013 21:10 GMT
#85077
ROFL here we go again! This is becoming SC2. After every bit of drama there's always a giant white knight wall of text that's using the word 'WE'. We went too far, we need to get it together, blah blah blah. Nope, it's always individuals doing dumb shit which is unavoidable with so many players. But people start reading this 'we' bullshit, get this 'we' mentality, and star over analyzing every little freaking thing. The worst is when it gets to the head of streamers/content hosters. DOTA 2 has been pretty relaxed and cool so far, i'd hate to see it get put under an esports microscope.

(I'm referring to the top reddit dota2 post)

teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
November 02 2013 21:10 GMT
#85078
On November 03 2013 06:07 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 06:02 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 06:00 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:57 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:55 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:54 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:49 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:48 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:45 SKC wrote:
On November 03 2013 05:40 cecek wrote:
[quote]
I'm not participating in any of the zerging... The last thing I want is my facebook friends seeing me spamming "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" all over the place. I get it why you think it's stupid, I just don't know why it's making you so upset. Why do people care what the dota community looks like. It's not affecting any of us in any way, really.

I dont think it even affect how the dota community “looks like“ all that much. Volvo probally found it even amusing. People outside have no idea whats going on. Its basically harmless and only people inside the community seem to be annoyed by it.

Comparing it to looting is absurd. The key point of any protest, if you can call it that, is that is shouldnt be harmful. Justifying people stealing from other people is on a whole other level than letting people who want to act stupid do as they please.
I'm going to invite you to read what I said again.

You compared justifying kids being stupid to looting. Looting is not kids being stupid.
This is not what I said.

It is, in both cases, giving credence to irrational behaviour as if it's anything other than mob idiocy. Looting during those riots was just kids being stupid. I know this very well, I live in London, I know many people who looted stores. And afterwards there was a ton of discussion around if it was justified due to the reasoning behind the protests in the first place. And they would interview kids who would say that it was justified because of ridiculous reasons which had nothing to do with the stores they were robbing. It is just kids being stupid.

There is a key diference when you justify something that harms another person, and when you justify harmless, stupid fun. Thats why lumping them together is absurd.
There really isn't as kids looting stores don't see it as if they are harming anyone. This is the problem with mob mentality that people don't think rationally. Watch any interview with people involved in it and they do not consider it.

The same way that spammers on the internet don't consider the headaches they cause.

They obviously do know that they are harming the places they loot and the things they destroy. They dont care because they think they deserve it, or that theres justification for it. But im sure every single person that steals something knows that the person being stolen from doesnt like it.
You would think so but they do not.

Just like you aren't understanding how any of these actions could have a negative effect on an unrelated company.

Arguing that the action may be harmfull is a completelly diferent argument. But you said yourself that they are mostly harmless. The big bullshit argument is saying that this is just a stupid thing kids do, it doesnt harm anyone and it doesnt make me upset, but saying its fine is like saying looting is fine.

Anyway, any reasonable person can say that the effects of this are far, far smaller than a mob looting, to the point where its silly to compare them.
I never did compare them. I compared justifying the actions of mobs. Those are significantly different things.
Once you Goblak...
Yoshi-
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany10227 Posts
November 02 2013 21:11 GMT
#85079
Well you always have those people which only profession is being upset.
[17]Purple
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom3489 Posts
November 02 2013 21:16 GMT
#85080
On November 03 2013 06:11 Yoshi- wrote:
Well you always have those people which only profession is being upset.

Are you referring to people who are upset of the lack of diretide or the people upset about the people being upset about the lack of diretide?
"Turn Disadvantages into Disadvantages" and "Collect Telephones". The secrets of Chinese success.
Prev 1 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft480
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft480
WinterStarcraft250
RuFF_SC2 107
PiLiPiLi 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1086
White-Ra 158
NaDa 65
Hyuk 56
Noble 49
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift5054
Counter-Strike
taco 542
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox660
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor714
Other Games
summit1g7782
Coldzera 874
C9.Mang0320
ViBE57
ArmadaUGS53
Mew2King41
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick671
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 81
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21376
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 15m
Online Event
9h 15m
FEL
14h 15m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.