• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:11
CEST 03:11
KST 10:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7986 users

General Discussion - Page 4251

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
November 02 2013 17:30 GMT
#85001
it was a gamemode that had 3 phases. 1 was to collect pumpkins around the map's neutral camps, the second was the same as the first but with a Roshan chasing a specific player and having to use the candy they collected from pumpkins to have Roshan chase another player and the third phase was both teams joining forces to kill "uber roshan" as fast as possible (since there was actually a ladder for this).

even if you didn't win, the event would give you either rares or mythicals like every single time.

BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
November 02 2013 17:30 GMT
#85002
I completed a Faceless Void set in three matches of diretide. The drop rate of rare items was HUGE.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
November 02 2013 17:31 GMT
#85003
No free good rares I'm wondering why I..
start up Dota at all
The "Volvo Please" clouds my chat windows
and I can't play at all
And even if I could it'd be Russians,
but that picture on your blog
It reminds me, that it's not so bad,
it's not so bad..
you gotta dance
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
November 02 2013 17:31 GMT
#85004
At this point, I'd settle for a free 200% battle bonus that lasts two weeks. Let's be honest, I only wanted diretide for the free hats, anyway.
super gg
Gosi
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden9072 Posts
November 02 2013 17:33 GMT
#85005
Didn't you get like 2 items per game too? Or maybe it was just for the winners. I'm pretty sure you could rice like 6 items (most often rares/mythicals) per hour or something silly with a 5 man stack to just finish as soon as possible.
[13:40] <Qbek> gosi i dreanmt about you
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
November 02 2013 17:35 GMT
#85006
On November 03 2013 02:31 cecek wrote:
At this point, I'd settle for a free 200% battle bonus that lasts two weeks. Let's be honest, I only wanted diretide for the free hats, anyway.
They should give users a -50% battle penalty for how fucking stupid this community is.
Once you Goblak...
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
November 02 2013 17:38 GMT
#85007
On November 03 2013 02:12 Excludos wrote:
moved it here since this thread is better for it, but the quoted is from the qq thread:

Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 01:19 LennX wrote:
volvo your severs today =(


Am I the only one who don't get the hilarity in calling Valve for Volvo? Neither do I get the hilarity in spamming Volvos social media pages with diretide.

I really just don't see the connection between being mad at Valve, and giving Volvo free press and attention.


It's ok to not appreciate fine collective clownishness if you don't want to.
Bora Pain minha porra!
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
November 02 2013 17:38 GMT
#85008
I would settle for a new car and a blowjob

♪You cant always get whatchaa waaaant♪
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 17:39:29
November 02 2013 17:38 GMT
#85009
I bet if Diretide came back but the drop rates were severely cut to the point where you don't get items every game, people will still complain.

It's Valve's fault for spoiling the community in the first place.

I don't recall but did Frostivus/Greeviling event give so much items too?
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 17:45:14
November 02 2013 17:43 GMT
#85010
On November 03 2013 02:12 Excludos wrote:
moved it here since this thread is better for it, but the quoted is from the qq thread:

Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 01:19 LennX wrote:
volvo your severs today =(


Am I the only one who don't get the hilarity in calling Valve for Volvo? Neither do I get the hilarity in spamming Volvos social media pages with diretide.

I really just don't see the connection between being mad at Valve, and giving Volvo free press and attention.
While I do think it's somewhat funny to call up Volvo customer service, I don't think saying Volvo or 'ded gaem' is any different from kappa or random chat memes. And one group of those is frowned upon/banned on here, the other isn't, I'm not really sure why, they are both just memes which in most cases occupy posts with no substance.

But I also don't like people saying doto, I probably just hate fun.
Once you Goblak...
Gosi
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden9072 Posts
November 02 2013 17:51 GMT
#85011
On November 03 2013 02:38 trinxified wrote:
I bet if Diretide came back but the drop rates were severely cut to the point where you don't get items every game, people will still complain.

It's Valve's fault for spoiling the community in the first place.

I don't recall but did Frostivus/Greeviling event give so much items too?

No, the xmas event had awful drop rate.
[13:40] <Qbek> gosi i dreanmt about you
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
November 02 2013 17:52 GMT
#85012
On November 03 2013 02:38 trinxified wrote:
I bet if Diretide came back but the drop rates were severely cut to the point where you don't get items every game, people will still complain.

It's Valve's fault for spoiling the community in the first place.

I don't recall but did Frostivus/Greeviling event give so much items too?

Frost dropped item each game, but it was a lot of junk items like snowball and coal
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
November 02 2013 17:54 GMT
#85013
On November 03 2013 02:30 Kuroeeah wrote:
it was a gamemode that had 3 phases. 1 was to collect pumpkins around the map's neutral camps, the second was the same as the first but with a Roshan chasing a specific player and having to use the candy they collected from pumpkins to have Roshan chase another player and the third phase was both teams joining forces to kill "uber roshan" as fast as possible (since there was actually a ladder for this).

even if you didn't win, the event would give you either rares or mythicals like every single time.



It only gave you rares of mythicals the first day it was out. They later changed it to give mainly commons.
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
November 02 2013 17:55 GMT
#85014
On November 03 2013 02:43 teapoted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 02:12 Excludos wrote:
moved it here since this thread is better for it, but the quoted is from the qq thread:

On November 03 2013 01:19 LennX wrote:
volvo your severs today =(


Am I the only one who don't get the hilarity in calling Valve for Volvo? Neither do I get the hilarity in spamming Volvos social media pages with diretide.

I really just don't see the connection between being mad at Valve, and giving Volvo free press and attention.
While I do think it's somewhat funny to call up Volvo customer service, I don't think saying Volvo or 'ded gaem' is any different from kappa or random chat memes. And one group of those is frowned upon/banned on here, the other isn't, I'm not really sure why, they are both just memes which in most cases occupy posts with no substance.

But I also don't like people saying doto, I probably just hate fun.

Kind like saying romanians dont know sarcasm, flamewheels wats, spamming shadow of the bat, special tactics or several other TL related memes that lasted little or quite a long amount of time. TL has never been completelly free of memes, and low content posting in moderation has always been part of the site. There is just a time and place for that sort of thing and the mods though Twitch faces could get out of hand. Like image macros.

Rules dont have to be the same for every topic, like religion discussion is often banned but other similar controversial topics are not.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 18:00:25
November 02 2013 17:58 GMT
#85015
^^ Hence the reason why people are upset. If Frostivus don't happen either, nobody would care since no EZ RARES.

Imagine if Valve released Diretide but no items/battle points can be gained. Worse shitstorm probably.
Fatalize
Profile Joined January 2011
France5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 18:02:24
November 02 2013 18:02 GMT
#85016
Wouldnt want Frostivus cause of the awful snow map. Shit's so bright it rapes your eyes
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
November 02 2013 18:02 GMT
#85017
TBH I think the issue has more to do with Valve's communication and PR than it does with diretide. People would have been upset if they were just told that diretide wasn't going to happen.

People are going insane that they weren't told anything.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 18:28:48
November 02 2013 18:11 GMT
#85018
On November 03 2013 02:55 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2013 02:43 teapoted wrote:
On November 03 2013 02:12 Excludos wrote:
moved it here since this thread is better for it, but the quoted is from the qq thread:

On November 03 2013 01:19 LennX wrote:
volvo your severs today =(


Am I the only one who don't get the hilarity in calling Valve for Volvo? Neither do I get the hilarity in spamming Volvos social media pages with diretide.

I really just don't see the connection between being mad at Valve, and giving Volvo free press and attention.
While I do think it's somewhat funny to call up Volvo customer service, I don't think saying Volvo or 'ded gaem' is any different from kappa or random chat memes. And one group of those is frowned upon/banned on here, the other isn't, I'm not really sure why, they are both just memes which in most cases occupy posts with no substance.

But I also don't like people saying doto, I probably just hate fun.

Kind like saying romanians dont know sarcasm, flamewheels wats, spamming shadow of the bat, special tactics or several other TL related memes that lasted little or quite a long amount of time. TL has never been completelly free of memes, and low content posting in moderation has always been part of the site. There is just a time and place for that sort of thing and the mods though Twitch faces could get out of hand. Like image macros.

Rules dont have to be the same for every topic, like religion discussion is often banned but other similar controversial topics are not.
Well I think stuff like shadow of the bat or special tactics are a bit different than saying volvo ded gaem all the time. The whole purposely spelling things wrong I've never really found all that funny, but that didn't really catch on until I was out of the age to find that funny probably. I think in some weird way saying 'shadow of the bat' or 'son of magnus' has more substance.

That said the whole constantly repeating memes wasn't all that big from what I remember either.
Once you Goblak...
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
November 02 2013 18:28 GMT
#85019
What's about Terrorblade, by the way? Is it because he's a somewhat "ancient" hero, or was he announced and finally not released? I dunno if he's a meme or a poster-child or non-released heroes.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 18:31:35
November 02 2013 18:29 GMT
#85020
On November 03 2013 03:28 Alaric wrote:
What's about Terrorblade, by the way? Is it because he's a somewhat "ancient" hero, or was he announced and finally not released? I dunno if he's a meme or a poster-child or non-released heroes.
I'm not sure what you're asking.

Terrorblade is a hero that's somewhat surprising he hasn't been released considering he is quite old and iconic. Presumably because he's being reworked. The only old heroes left are Techies, Pitlord, and Terrorblade. And Pitlord we know is being reworked. (pitlord aint that old anyway)
Once you Goblak...
Prev 1 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft503
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft503
WinterStarcraft275
RuFF_SC2 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 762
White-Ra 169
Noble 79
NaDa 76
Hyuk 57
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm153
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift4909
Counter-Strike
taco 338
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox600
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor812
Other Games
summit1g8356
Coldzera 822
JimRising 529
C9.Mang0292
ArmadaUGS67
ViBE62
Mew2King43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick719
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21307
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 49m
Online Event
9h 49m
FEL
14h 49m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 49m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.