On November 02 2013 16:53 TheYango wrote: I don't know how there was any anticipation when for any event half the assets are already in the game files like a month or two in advance, so they show up on Cyborgmatt's blog. Valve obviously isn't going to dump the entirety of the Diretide assets into the game at the last second, so the fact that we saw nothing in the game files over the preceding months should have been indication.
Well you have to understand that the majority are probably not hardcore enough to go look at Cyborgmatt's blogs and look for game assets being put in the game in anticipation for an event. Most gamers just play the game. I for example played over 150 games of dota 2 before I even found out about cyborgmatt. I just played the game. Most gamers are just gonna see: - Hey there was that Halloween event last year, was pretty cool - TF2 and CS:Go, Steam's 2nd and 3rd biggest game, have Halloween events, cool! - Where's Dota 2's event? - WHERE IS IT - OMG VOLVO...etc etc
On November 02 2013 16:53 TheYango wrote: I don't know how there was any anticipation when for any event half the assets are already in the game files like a month or two in advance, so they show up on Cyborgmatt's blog. Valve obviously isn't going to dump the entirety of the Diretide assets into the game at the last second, so the fact that we saw nothing in the game files over the preceding months should have been indication.
The assets are already in the game. If it was a brand new event that would be true. But for diretide itself, it is already in the game.
On November 02 2013 16:53 TheYango wrote: I don't know how there was any anticipation when for any event half the assets are already in the game files like a month or two in advance, so they show up on Cyborgmatt's blog. Valve obviously isn't going to dump the entirety of the Diretide assets into the game at the last second, so the fact that we saw nothing in the game files over the preceding months should have been indication.
The assets are already in the game. If it was a brand new event that would be true. But for diretide itself, it is already in the game.
There would be Diretide-specific cosmetics, etc. There are a lot of assets that we'd still expect to see even with a repeat.
TBH i'd rather see Valve trying their luck giving us an additional regular map (yes I know everyone will tell me it's practically impossible to create a good one) instead of another funmode-event-map. I'd even pay for that.
On November 02 2013 17:23 Mafe wrote: TBH i'd rather see Valve trying their luck giving us an additional regular map (yes I know everyone will tell me it's practically impossible to create a good one) instead of another funmode-event-map. I'd even pay for that.
I'd rather see them implement a way to make custom maps. I miss Pudge Wars. But first we need to get all the heroes in the game and reach parity with dota 1
On November 02 2013 22:32 Asha` wrote: Volvo Verified account @volvocarsglobal @TobiWanDOTA we certainly haven’t missed that the people want Diretide, but is @DOTA2 listening?
hahaha
Oh god. This is great. Glad some PR teams have a good sense of humor.