• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:17
CEST 07:17
KST 14:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8196 users

General Discussion - Page 4229

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
October 31 2013 18:04 GMT
#84561
On November 01 2013 02:57 SKC wrote:
We've had people complaing about the matchmaking getting worse since basically the start of the beta. It's either in a downward spiral that should have gotten below complete shit at this point, or people have selective memory and only complain when they are on a bad streak. The expected outcome is that some people are getting worse games, some people are getting better games and some people don't notice a diferent. Plus it is far easier to feel it's getting worse even when it's actually the same than the opposite. It would be surprising if noone thought the matchmaking got worse in the recent months, but that doesn't mean it actually has.

Selective memories on the Internet? Never, say it isn't so!

My matchmaking has been fine, but I limit myself to NA east. Every one and a while I get some joker, but mostly I have a good time.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
October 31 2013 18:04 GMT
#84562
is there some bug with unpausing? no countdown and you can do it at any time -_-
FTD
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 18:09:15
October 31 2013 18:07 GMT
#84563
On November 01 2013 03:04 TRAP[yoo] wrote:
is there some bug with unpausing? no countdown and you can do it at any time -_-


Dont think there's a countdown in singleplayer. But obviously its a bug if its in regular matchmaking

edit: You can unpause at any time if your teammates are the ones pausing, or if there are no disconnects. But the countdown should be there.
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 31 2013 18:08 GMT
#84564
rabidch strongest battlefury ranged hero rampage still lose game fckin noob team
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
FranzF1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile1710 Posts
October 31 2013 18:11 GMT
#84565
I queue in South America and USE servers, just cause I get the same amount of bad games or good games on both servers, it's more related to luck and not the kind of player you are.

For example I have a lot of games (like 2k) and like 99% of them are on VERY HIGH and it's always like that. The other day I was playing vs MSS (EG) and I was "damn I think this game is going to be amazing". Boy I was wrong, we got a couple of early kills, and he abandoned. Next game it's on SA and it was amazing.

I learned that I don't have to rage over teammates and that kind of mentality works really good (ofc sometimes I rage a little). And the nationality doesn't matter


Ps: sorry for my English, it's not my native language
Member #99999^99 of the fanclub of Grape, Reality and TurN
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
October 31 2013 18:12 GMT
#84566
On November 01 2013 03:07 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 03:04 TRAP[yoo] wrote:
is there some bug with unpausing? no countdown and you can do it at any time -_-


Dont think there's a countdown in singleplayer. But obviously its a bug if its in regular matchmaking

edit: You can unpause at any time if your teammates are the ones pausing, or if there are no disconnects. But the countdown should be there.

i know how it works
i just played 2 matches and in both some dude from the opposing team unpaused right after we paused (and the guy in my team dropped out)
FTD
TheSubtleArt
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada2527 Posts
October 31 2013 18:14 GMT
#84567
Matchmakings fine. Most of the time horrible teammates are the result of some1 stacking with friends way better than him.
Dodge arrows
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
October 31 2013 18:19 GMT
#84568
On November 01 2013 03:12 TRAP[yoo] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 03:07 Excludos wrote:
On November 01 2013 03:04 TRAP[yoo] wrote:
is there some bug with unpausing? no countdown and you can do it at any time -_-


Dont think there's a countdown in singleplayer. But obviously its a bug if its in regular matchmaking

edit: You can unpause at any time if your teammates are the ones pausing, or if there are no disconnects. But the countdown should be there.

i know how it works
i just played 2 matches and in both some dude from the opposing team unpaused right after we paused (and the guy in my team dropped out)


I've had that happen to me, my friend could pause/unpause instantly without even a countdown but no one else in the game could. It was only bugged for one game though, no idea what happened.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 18:23:41
October 31 2013 18:23 GMT
#84569


LOL xin lc alpha/beta models:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
October 31 2013 18:26 GMT
#84570
I like Xin's flying hat.
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
October 31 2013 18:32 GMT
#84571
On November 01 2013 03:26 BlitzerSC wrote:
I like Xin's flying hat.

I think that's his shoulder plate.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
SilverStar
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden18511 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 18:34:02
October 31 2013 18:32 GMT
#84572
I hope people realise that wykrhm is messing with them..

Edit: Just checked reddit. Nope.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 31 2013 18:34 GMT
#84573
Huh I thought Xin was DK there for a second. Incoming purple colouration (lol).
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
October 31 2013 18:36 GMT
#84574
On November 01 2013 03:14 TheSubtleArt wrote:
Matchmakings fine. Most of the time horrible teammates are the result of some1 stacking with friends way better than him.

I feel mm is way better when u check the only match me with other players who solo queue thing
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
October 31 2013 18:41 GMT
#84575
I also have 0 faith in LC being released until they fix that attack cooldown bug.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 31 2013 18:51 GMT
#84576
When they do troll might be viable again. Hope so that hero was awesome (aka mega OP) until 6.79
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 19:23:18
October 31 2013 19:22 GMT
#84577
On November 01 2013 02:54 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 02:28 Pokebunny wrote:
Is there a reason that USW is infested with Chinese players past ~8pm PST? Don't they have their own server? Gonna have to start queueing USE only at night, but that makes it take so long when it's late

A lot of them aren't full-on Chinese stacks, but are stacks with Chinese players living in the USA/Canada. Not outrageous at all.

lol Poke. You realize these are Chinese kids who are probably here doing uni or something? I mean if they didn't get 500 ping to the Chinese server I'm sure they would rather play on it, but they kind of have no choice but to play USW or USE. I definitely agree that if they are 3-4 stacking they could make a bit of an effort to speak English (they live in the US so they clearly know it), but I have no problem with them being more comfortable talking in their own language. Especially when I got carried by Patsoul's stack, lol

Administrator
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
October 31 2013 19:26 GMT
#84578
On November 01 2013 03:11 FranzF1 wrote:
I queue in South America and USE servers, just cause I get the same amount of bad games or good games on both servers, it's more related to luck and not the kind of player you are.

For example I have a lot of games (like 2k) and like 99% of them are on VERY HIGH and it's always like that. The other day I was playing vs MSS (EG) and I was "damn I think this game is going to be amazing". Boy I was wrong, we got a couple of early kills, and he abandoned. Next game it's on SA and it was amazing.

I learned that I don't have to rage over teammates and that kind of mentality works really good (ofc sometimes I rage a little). And the nationality doesn't matter


Ps: sorry for my English, it's not my native language

Dude your English is great, don't worry about it

Also I agree with not raging at teammates. It doesn't help anything so what's the point. I mean I get mad and rage sometimes, but privately in my own home, I don't take it out on my team (I admit if someone is being a dick I occasionally fire back). What people need to understand is that you won't always get a perfect game, or have players who are as good as you so expecting anyhting more is silly.
Administrator
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
October 31 2013 19:35 GMT
#84579
Wait, your telling me yelling at my team mates doesn't make them better at dota? I have been doing it wrong all this time.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
yyfpulls
Profile Joined November 2012
United States2185 Posts
October 31 2013 19:40 GMT
#84580
On November 01 2013 03:41 Comeh wrote:
I also have 0 faith in LC being released until they fix that attack cooldown bug.


What bug is this?
Prev 1 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2102
Shuttle 1015
Dewaltoss 74
Hm[arnc] 38
Bale 31
Noble 30
ZergMaN 14
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor634
Other Games
summit1g7556
PiGStarcraft294
C9.Mang0279
Mew2King158
RuFF_SC268
ViBE61
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 28
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2321
League of Legends
• Lourlo1124
• Rush1090
• Stunt366
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 43m
OSC
16h 43m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.